Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E

Any thoughts or advice on the following. I did have to reboot the machine as
it froze before this happened and now it won't go away.

Corrupted profile somewhere? If so what do I delete?

Many thanks for any assistance.
Regards
Jeremy Instone

Unable to send or receive messages for the mail.btinternet.com account. The
connection to the server has failed.

Server: 'mail.btinternet.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10061

0
Jerrez
1/23/2010 10:21:49 PM
outlookexpress.general 525 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application.  It provides no
additional protection & it may be causing the problem.

You will find support for Windows Live Mail in this public newsgroup:
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

Jerrez wrote:
> Any thoughts or advice on the following. I did have to reboot the machine
> as
> it froze before this happened and now it won't go away.
>
> Corrupted profile somewhere? If so what do I delete?
>
> Unable to send or receive messages for the mail.btinternet.com account.
> The
> connection to the server has failed.
>
> Server: 'mail.btinternet.com'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> Protocol: POP3
> Port: 110
> Secure(SSL): No
> Socket Error: 10061

0
PA

Period Sales Analysis Report Error
I updated to ver 10 from 9 SP2 a couple weeks ago and everything has worked relatively well (Thanks to all newsgroup members who assisted) I am getting an error "Error in equation 'Net Sales'". Has anyone else seen this and what did you do? I'm guessing this is a modified report? Open the report in Report Writer and check out the Calculated field 'Net Sales'. You will probably find an error there. If I can't figure it out just by looking, I'll look at the v 9 report to see what the calc was trying to come up with and then correct the formula in v ...

After Re-Install
HELP!!! After a crash and a re-install of Office we are now getting user name and password errors in Outlook 2002. We can access the same accounts via a www interface with the same account information. PLEASE help. I've downloaded all the service packs for XP and Office and I've tried un-installing and re-installing including deleting all of the profile information I can find and deleting Outlook's registry, but to no avail. I'm obviously missing something. Any help would be fabulous. Please e-mail Monica@ViaSollertia.co.nz Thanks so much!!! Monica ...

Help! Outlook 2000 multiple e-mail accounts.
Hi, I am using Outlook 2000. I have set up five different email accounts and when I click on "Send/Receive" I can see the five accounts listed, but when I click on any one of them, the Inbox does not change, it stays with the Default Inbox. Even the Login window appears and I enter the login info, it still stays with the Default Inbox. At this point I cnanot access other e-mail accounts other than the Default one which appears everytime I open Outlook. Any suggestions/comments/assistances is much appreciated. Thank you. Thomas Do you have Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail ...

Exchange Extension Error
I'm trying update an email address and an error pops up. Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension A Local Error has occured. Facility: Win32 ID no:8007203b Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension Everything else seems to be working ok. Any ideas? Thanks, Q does this apply? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329642 "Quan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a2001c4abc4$e8f2ea30$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying update an email address and an error pops up. > > Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange...

Hidden files in Ms-Query cause ODBC connect errors or Query is wac
I have a Query fetch_from_bob that moves data (collapses records,unique key search, etc...) from excel spreadsheet "bob" to excel spreadsheet "fred". Fred and bob live in the same directory" c:\123directory" on the same computer. I allow this query to execute/refresh data automatically when one of the query paramaters is changed. This works great. I also have a macro that invokes the query to refresh the data whenever the user desires. This works great as well. The macro literally has all the VB code to execute the query. But I'm just a part time progra...

cannot install document image writer on windows 7 64 bit from offi
several times i tried to go through the steps to update my microsoft office suite 2007 to allow me to use document image writer with no success. the process i took was: 1. Close all running applications. If you have any Office application running, the driver will not be installed properly. 2. Go to "Control Panel" and "Add or Remove Programs". 3. Click on "Microsoft Office 2003" and then click on "Change". 4. Check "Add or Remove Features" and click "Next". 5. On the bottom of the page check "C...

PLEASE HELP--ERROR MESSSAGE
I have two error messages. The reason why I am getting this is because I got a new computer and I copied my old outlook information and put it in the new computer. Everytime I open my outlook this message appears and the only thin I have to do is click ok and everything works. But how do I fix it? I did reload outlook serval times and there error message still comes even if I do not put my old information in it. Error 1: "The add-in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\SBCMSYNC.DLL" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repai...

GUID/Outlook format link giving error "Unable to open the seleted folder or item"
Hi, I have created custom forms in multiple public Outlook folders and when I send the GUID type link to the user, they receive an error: "Unable to open the seleted folder or item". The same happens if I send the Outlook type link. However, if I ask the user to go to the folder and find the appropriate posting, then the form opens and after that the link works, too. Is this due to some Exchange server setting? My clients are not the type that tolerate opening the form the long way, they want a one click solution. Please help, this is driving my team crazy. Any ideas are welcome...

550 5.7.1 relay error messae
I have select number of Clients (3) out of 27 who we can not send emails to, they are in a separate domain from ours. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test 4:35pm Sent: 2/27/2007 4:34 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Sean ***** on 2/27/2007 4:34 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mail.n*******.org #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for tsc16.****.****@***.local> Rhodes.messiah@gmail.com wrote in news:1172615546.953350.313930 @j...

Rules in Error
When I open Outlook 2002 I receive a dialogue box which states Rules in Error - Server Requested Client Action MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg. I don't know where this came from. Thanks for the help in advance. ...

duplicate contacts and e mail
I have just set up a new mail profile and imported my mail settings from a saved pst file and all of my e mails and contacts are duplicated, is there a way that I can get rid of the duplicates without going through everything one by one? The file is about 500mb and there are hundreds of contacts. Is there a free duplicate e mail remover? http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#dupes --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted wit...

Troubleshooting external -> My company e-mail
A VIP user claims that he is sending e-mails from his home address mymail@myfamilydomain.com to his company mailbox. He claims that all e-mails sent from that domain does not get delivered. As far as I know the Exchange AV is not configured to block 'myfamilydomain.com'. I look the logs of the Exchange AV and see no reports there of quarantine messages related to @familydomain.com. What else could I do troubleshoot this type of scenario ? "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote: >A VIP user claims that he is sending e-mails from his home address >mym...

error message 01-01-10
Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (**********) account. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the list of services. Subject 'Greetings' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80070057 I want to know how to dump this popup. I don't need to send the message and everytime I open windows live mail, this error message regarding an unable to compete task shows up. How do I ge...

No New Mail
HI All Can anyone help me I have a number of users that are experiencing a problem. The problem is that a new mail icon will appear in their task bar but when they open outlook there is no message in there inbox. Has anyone seen this before? We are running a Exchange 2003. Please Help. Thanks Does the message gets deleted by a rule or the server by te anti-virus/spam software? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Stuart Hagon" <anonymous@discuss...

Carry on with Windows Server install
I am starting to like the 2008 server series. Question about the REmote Desktop : How does the licensing work? We might need 2 additional clients. -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.myspace.com/502748630 Born 29 Jan 1969 Redhill,Surrey,England UK Hello The, There is no change as before, as far as i know, 2 administrative connections and if you need more you have to buy TS CALs and install a TS licensing ser...

Purchase Order Entry Error Message
While in version 8.0g34 and Purchase Order Entry window opened. User accidentally minimized the window instead of closing the window. User closed window while minimized and the following message appeared. Unhandled script exception Object has no reference EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_BAD_PARAM OK User clicks ok approx. 10 times and the window finally closes. Why does this happen? Perhaps a fix should be applied. Thanks! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree...

C++ runtime error
When I open Outlook I get the following error: ______________________________________ Mcrosoft Visual C++ Runtime Libary Runtime Error! Progam: C:\Progra~1\Micros~2\Office10\Outlook.exe This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. ______________________________________ I have already tried to run a repai and to uninstall and reinstall and I still get the same error. Any ideas? I GET THE SAME MESSAGE, BUT IT HAS ONLY STARTED SINCE I UPGRADED TO NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2004 TRIED NUNERO...

Conversion error
Hi, I have a table called stats that has the following columns: jobname, ahours, aminutes, aseconds, amilliseconds. I need to get an average of each job ran but I need to be able to concatenate ahours, aminutes, aseconds, amillisecons into one column. I am trying to run a simple query: SELECT JobName, CONVERT(NVARCHAR (100),(AVG (AHours) + ':' + AVG (AMinutes) + ':' + AVG (ASeconds) + ':' + AVG (AMilliseconds))) AS 'Average Time' FROM stats GROUP BY JobName I am getting the following error: Msg 245, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Conversion failed whe...

how to open port in windows server 2003
hi , i have an exchange server 2003(sp1) with windows server 2003 (sp1) the scenarion is like that my mails are going out side through SMTP filter which is installed on another machine in this software the only port 25 is open, internaly my mails are working fine and i can also receive mails from another domain like hotmail and yahoo , but problem i am facing is that from out side of my network means if i want to check my mails from my home i am facing the problem is that i can send mail but can not receivce mail this happend because i am using smtp protocol for sending mails and pop3 ...

How to use CSplitterWnd for Dynamic Nested Splitter window?
Using VC++ (.NET) I am trying to implement a Dynamic Nested Splitter window using CSplitterWnd. I haven't found any documentation that explains how to get this to work properly and the only examples I have found also do not work properly. There are plenty of examples of Static Nested Splitter windows, but I need an example of a Dynamic one. The static splitter windows won't work for my requirements. Are there any examples or documentation that explains how to properly implement a Dynamic Nested Splitter Window using CSplitterWnd? Thanks, Dave Hi Dave, > Using VC++ (.NE...

Size Limitations for Attachments send with Outlook E-Mail
Any attachment larger than 100 kb does not send when attempted using Outlook 2003. Please advise as to how one can adjust the size limits for outgoing attachments? Thank you. "Tim" <tgregoire@craneandhoistsales.com> wrote in message news:080201c3dea4$4a835670$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Any attachment larger than 100 kb does not send when > attempted using Outlook 2003. Please advise as to how > one can adjust the size limits for outgoing attachments? > Thank you. Have you checked that your ISP and/or system admin haven't put a limit on? ...

Rich edit control and having a hypertext control to send the messages to windows
Hi Here is the code to detect that if a click is made on word "START". But I have many "START" word Is there any way to detect which "START" word has been clicked? Please Let me know if any Thanks Anup void CRichEditGSDlg::OnLinkRicheditStatic(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) { ENLINK *pLink = reinterpret_cast<ENLINK *>(pNMHDR); FINDTEXTEX findText; *pResult = 0; if( pLink->msg == WM_LBUTTONDOWN ) { long lStart = pLink->chrg.cpMin; long lEnde = pLink->chrg.cpMin; m_Ctrl_RichEditStatic.SetSel(pLink->chrg); CString strLi...

Migrating folders and mail from Entourage to Apple Mail
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am trying to move folders and their contents from Entourage to Apple Mail. I already set up the exchange account on mail and had previously used the Import Mailboxes feature to move my POP account folders and content. When running that Import Mailboxes utility it does not recognize any of the folders for the Exchange account. <br><br>I did go back and delete the POP account to see if leaving only the Exchange account would work. I even shut down the computer and restarted...

Visio Error
I was working in Visio on a document and I accidently hit my power switch (the one on the floor on the cord) and my PC turned off. When my machine rebooted and I tried to access the same Visio file, a message tells me that I cannot access the file because it is NOT a Visio file???? I tried renaming it, didn't help. This is the second time this happened to me and I can't understand why the program is not recognizing the file. It's very frustrating....does anyone have any answers to this? - Sally Another option is to turn on "Autorecovery" It will automatic...

Front end server with mail boxes??? can it be done #2
sorry for the late post... i have 50 users "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote in news:ehG8e.8669$c93.2155@trnddc08: > sorry for the late post... i have 50 users Why? Are you going to have back-end servers? Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote: >sorry for the late post... i have 50 users No. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...