Unwanted Attachments

Use OE6 (plus IE6) and last nite started receiving all emails with a
..eml attachment which when opened is in Firefox (not primary browser).
Inbox Attachment column does not reflect the existence of an attachment
however opened attachment displays:
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Local%20Settings/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.IE5/67URGHCX/ATT00080.htm
(please note the IE5 stuff)

Also suddenly find keyboard arrows will not function other than right
and up. Scroll Lock is not on.

Non-tech type seeks suggestions.

outlookexpress.general 525 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Clear the Temporary Internet Files:

For IE6:

 In IE | Tools | Internet Options | Delete Files button. And check the box
to Delete Offline content.

For IE7:

Tools | Internet Options | General Tab | Browsing History | Delete
Temporary Internet Files.
~~~~

Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Set Program Access and Defaults |
Custom + Down Arrow | Choose a default Web browser. Select the radio
button for Internet Explorer.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

"E/B" <embillma@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Use OE6 (plus IE6) and last nite started receiving all emails with a
> .eml attachment which when opened is in Firefox (not primary browser).
> Inbox Attachment column does not reflect the existence of an attachment
> however opened attachment displays:
> file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Local%20Settings/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.IE5/67URGHCX/ATT00080.htm
> (please note the IE5 stuff)
>
> Also suddenly find keyboard arrows will not function other than right
> and up. Scroll Lock is not on.
>
> Non-tech type seeks suggestions.

0
Bruce
12/21/2009 3:19:08 PM
Done. Sent test message and attachment (which contains the email text)
still appeared altho now with IE icon instead of Firefox. (Address for
opened attachment: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local
Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\MY2I0JCP\ATT00006.htm).

Related: Scroll arrows still only move cursor up and right; in Registry
InitialKeyboardIndicators is set at 0.

New thread unintended; been a couple years since last accessing
newsgroups and 'forgot' modified subject would start new thread.

"Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
: Clear the Temporary Internet Files:
:
: For IE6:
:
: In IE | Tools | Internet Options | Delete Files button. And check the
box
: to Delete Offline content.
:
: For IE7:
:
: Tools | Internet Options | General Tab | Browsing History | Delete
: Temporary Internet Files.
: ~~~~
:
: Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Set Program Access and Defaults

: Custom + Down Arrow | Choose a default Web browser. Select the radio
: button for Internet Explorer.
: --
:           Bruce Hagen
:         MS-MVP [Mail]
:      Imperial Beach, CA
:
:
: "E/B" <embillma@earthlink.net> wrote in message
: news:OqM1XlkgKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
: > Use OE6 (plus IE6) and last nite started receiving all emails with a
: > .eml attachment which when opened is in Firefox (not primary
browser).
: > Inbox Attachment column does not reflect the existence of an
attachment
: > however opened attachment displays:
: >
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Local%20Settings/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.IE5/67URGHCX/ATT00080.htm
: > (please note the IE5 stuff)
: >
: > Also suddenly find keyboard arrows will not function other than
right
: > and up. Scroll Lock is not on.
: >
: > Non-tech type seeks suggestions.
: >
: >
:

See if this is of any help.

Outlook Express message appears blank and has an ATT000XX.txt or an
ATT000XX.htm attachment:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=312351

And from:
http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/decode.htm

Besides the problem described in this article with temporary files,
Outlook Express may have a blank message if Internet Explorer is set at
View, Encoding to Auto-Select. If so, disable the Auto-Select in Internet
Explorer and choose instead Western European (ISO). If your program has an
option to read HTML messages in Plain Text, the HTML version of the
message may appear as an ATT0001.HTM attachment (the number may vary).
--

> Done. Sent test message and attachment (which contains the email text)
> still appeared altho now with IE icon instead of Firefox. (Address for
> opened attachment: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local
> Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\MY2I0JCP\ATT00006.htm).
>
> Related: Scroll arrows still only move cursor up and right; in Registry
> InitialKeyboardIndicators is set at 0.
>
> New thread unintended; been a couple years since last accessing
> newsgroups and 'forgot' modified subject would start new thread.
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
> : Clear the Temporary Internet Files:
> :
> : For IE6:
> :
> : In IE | Tools | Internet Options | Delete Files button. And check the
> box
> : to Delete Offline content.
> :
> : For IE7:
> :
> : Tools | Internet Options | General Tab | Browsing History | Delete
> : Temporary Internet Files.
> : ~~~~
> :
> : Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Set Program Access and Defaults
> |
> : Custom + Down Arrow | Choose a default Web browser. Select the radio
> : button for Internet Explorer.
> : --
> :           Bruce Hagen
> :         MS-MVP [Mail]
> :      Imperial Beach, CA
> :
> :
> : "E/B" <embillma@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> : news:OqM1XlkgKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> : > Use OE6 (plus IE6) and last nite started receiving all emails with a
> : > .eml attachment which when opened is in Firefox (not primary
> browser).
> : > Inbox Attachment column does not reflect the existence of an
> attachment
> : > however opened attachment displays:
> : >
> file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Local%20Settings/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.IE5/67URGHCX/ATT00080.htm
> : > (please note the IE5 stuff)
> : >
> : > Also suddenly find keyboard arrows will not function other than
> right
> : > and up. Scroll Lock is not on.
> : >
> : > Non-tech type seeks suggestions.
> : >
> : >
> :

0
Bruce
12/21/2009 7:38:29 PM
Mind-boggling.

Temp files have been deleted and the symptom described at kbid 312351 -
"If you use Outlook Express 6.0, the body of the message is blank and
there is no attachment" does fit as OE6 is in use, the body of the
message does not have the text I sent and there is an attachment.
Interestingly I sent a test to yahoo address on IE6 and the message is
correct, without any attachment and with the text I typed.

OE6 mail sending is set at HTML using MIME and Quoted Printable.

IE6 has been longtime set for Unicode UTF-8 but I have changed it to
Western European.

But there must be more: in addition to the keyboard arrows not
functioning for left and down just encountered the letter 'cue' (can't
type the letter) causing NaturalReader66 opening instead of typing the
letter. NR66 is reader program for legally blind wife so she can prepare
and read emails (and as desired browser information). Will try a
substitute keyboard in a bit.

"Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
: See if this is of any help.
:
[...]
: > :
: > : For IE6:
: > :
: > : In IE | Tools | Internet Options | Delete Files button. And check
the
: > box
: > : to Delete Offline content.
: > :
: > : For IE7:
: > :
: > : Tools | Internet Options | General Tab | Browsing History | Delete
: > : Temporary Internet Files.
: > : ~~~~
: > :
: > : Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Set Program Access and
Defaults
: > |
: > : Custom + Down Arrow | Choose a default Web browser. Select the
radio
: > : button for Internet Explorer.
: > : --
: > :           Bruce Hagen
: > :         MS-MVP [Mail]
: > :      Imperial Beach, CA
: > :
: > :
: > : "E/B" <embillma@earthlink.net> wrote in message
: > : news:OqM1XlkgKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
: > : > Use OE6 (plus IE6) and last nite started receiving all emails
with a
: > : > .eml attachment which when opened is in Firefox (not primary
: > browser).
: > : > Inbox Attachment column does not reflect the existence of an
: > attachment
: > : > however opened attachment displays:
: > : >
: >
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Local%20Settings/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.IE5/67URGHCX/ATT00080.htm
: > : > (please note the IE5 stuff)
: > : >
: > : > Also suddenly find keyboard arrows will not function other than
: > right
: > : > and up. Scroll Lock is not on.
: > : >
: > : > Non-tech type seeks suggestions.
: > : >
: > : >
: > :
: >
: >
:

Tools, Options, Read, uncheck Read all messages in plain text.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

> [...]
> with a
> : > : > .eml attachment which when opened is in Firefox (not primary
> : > browser).
> : > : > Inbox Attachment column does not reflect the existence of an
> : > attachment
> : > : > however opened attachment displays:
> : > : >
> : >
> file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Local%20Settings/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.IE5/67URGHCX/ATT00080.htm
> : > : > (please note the IE5 stuff)
> : > : >
> : > : > Also suddenly find keyboard arrows will not function other
> than
> : > right
> : > : > and up. Scroll Lock is not on.
> : > : >
> : > : > Non-tech type seeks suggestions.

0
Michael
12/21/2009 9:20:53 PM
Michael's last suggestion has removed the attachments appearing on every
message. Thanks

Anyone with suggestions for getting all Arrow keys to work? Still only
Up and Right.

"Michael Santovec" <michael_santovec@prodigy.net> wrote in message
[...]
: > : > :
: > : > : For IE6:
: > : > :
: > : > : In IE | Tools | Internet Options | Delete Files button. And
: > check
: > the
: > : > box
: > : > : to Delete Offline content.
: > : > :
: > : > : For IE7:
: > : > :
: > : > : Tools | Internet Options | General Tab | Browsing History |
: > : > : Temporary Internet Files.
: > : > : ~~~~
: > : > :
: > : > : Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Set Program Access and
: > Defaults
: > : > |
: > : > : Custom + Down Arrow | Choose a default Web browser. Select the
: > radio
: > : > : button for Internet Explorer.
: > : > : --
: > : > :           Bruce Hagen
: > : > :         MS-MVP [Mail]
: > : > :      Imperial Beach, CA
: > : > :
: > : > :
: > : > : "E/B" <embillma@earthlink.net> wrote in message
: > : > : news:OqM1XlkgKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
: > : > : > Use OE6 (plus IE6) and last nite started receiving all
emails
: > with a
: > : > : > .eml attachment which when opened is in Firefox (not primary
: > : > browser).
: > : > : > Inbox Attachment column does not reflect the existence of an
: > : > attachment
: > : > : > however opened attachment displays:
: > : > : >
: > : >
: >

"E/B" <embillma@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:exwqWUsgKHA.2780@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

> Anyone with suggestions for getting all Arrow keys to work? Still only
> Up and Right.

In what context?  What are you expecting to see?

Here is an example where I would expect CursorRight and CursorLeft
to have some effect:   With threading is on, a multi-message thread is
contracted (e.g. the thread is represented by its opening post and
a plus icon [+]  *then*  with keyboard focus in the message list
and that thread selected I would expect CursorRight to expand that
thread, e.g. listing all its messages nested according to the replies
which were made within it and the plus icon changed to a minus icon
[-].   Similarly, after the thread was expanded with focus unchanged
CursorLeft could be used to contract the thread back to its original
representation.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

0
Robert
12/23/2009 4:20:17 AM
Thanks for the assists. Without notice the arrow problem has corrected
itself. I don't complain!

:
[...]
: ---
:
:

OWA downloading attachments
I am having some problems downloading attachments using OWA. I will explain quite thrououghly. I have my work computer which I use Outlook on mostly because I am on the company LAN, every thing works fine with Outlook and attachements. I tried using OWA and still everything worked fine with mail and attachements. I tried .xls and .zip and was able to download each without problem. Then I disconnect from the LAN and connect to a test internet connection that I have and I cannot download the .zip file. I get the error message: Internet Explorer cannot download ...filename.zip?attach=1 from...

Attachments in Outlook express #4
Does anyone know what to do when everytime you get sent an attachment it says "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachment" It is happening with all kinds of attachments for example word. I know these attachments are safe and do not contain viruses. How do I view them? Albert <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know what to do when everytime you get sent > an attachment it says "OE removed access to the following > unsafe attachment" It is happening with all kinds of > attachments for example word. I know these att...

open save default for attachments
the open save prompt for an attachment no longer asks if i want to save or open the box must have become unchecked and i cant find hoe to restore This is done via Control Panel > Folder Options > File types > scroll to the file type and then either Edit or Advanced and check confirm after download "RON" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1106a01c3f557$75476940$a101280a@phx.gbl... > the open save prompt for an attachment no longer asks > if i want to save or open the box must have become > unchecked and i cant find hoe to restore ...

Tracking removed attachments
Is there a way to track whether an attachment was removed from an e-mail? For example, with mailbox size limitations on our corporate exchange server, I am constantly having to remove attachments from the emails in my inbox. But in many cases (especially from emails I send), I want to be able to see that at one point in time there was an attachment associated with this email (for example, I don't need to have my 500k expense report attached to the email I sent to my boss, because I have the expense report in my My Documents folder and don't need it eating up Mailbox space, but I want...

sql error when attaching email
We get an sql error when we want to attach an email to crm. We have three emails from the same sender and are able to attach one email if we try to attach the second email from the same sender we get a sql server error. The error: There is a SQL Server error. Try this action again. If the problem persists, check the Community of Microsoft Dynamics CRM solutions or to contact your manager of Microsoft Dynamics CRM in your organization. Finally, you can also contact Microsoft support. thank you in advance, Dennis Is this CRM 3.0? There was a bug that occurred around the time that Updat...

Unable to attach PDF's that I could yesterday
I have been sending out hundreds of e-mails with 5 PDF files attached, when I tried to send the exact same e- mails yesterday, it will not allow me to insert these same 5 files. the error says "Can't creat file: Abc.pdf. Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder." I have checked files properties and for some reason it will not let me change the file from 'read only'. It is checked off as read only, and I uncheck it, hit OK, and when I reopen it, it says 'read...

Limited attachments in Outlook
Hello. A client recently got a couple of new workstations with Office 2007. One user routinely adds 15+ (sometimes 20+) PDF attachments to an email to a particular recipient. In Office 2003 that didn't seem to be a problem. Office 2007 (Outlook 2007) seems to hang when adding so many attachments (less than 10 seems OK). I know. I have already suggested: 1)zip up the attachments and 2) send more email with less attachments, but that wasn't greeted with the enthusiasm I had hoped. Has anyone had a similar experience (with Outlook not the enthusiasm)? Cheers, ...

Synching OneNote 2003 Attachments
I have a user who uses OneNote 2007 from a desktop, laptop, and tablet PC to access notebooks stored on a server. In OneNote 2003, attachments like Word docs and PDFs were stored separately in the same directory as the notebook, unlike OneNote 2007, which stores them in the notebook itself. Whether the user is attached to the network or not, he can access attached files that were added since he upgraded to 2007, but those added while running OneNote 2003 are not available offline. He syncs the notebooks using the built-in synchronization feature of OneNote, so my question is...

Why all my attachments are received as winmail.dat files ?
When I send an attachment using Outlook 2007, the receiving end sees it as a winmail.dat on mobile devices? (i.e i-phones) and therefore can not be opened. The same mobile device receives regular attachments from other users without any problems. roberto huertas wrote: > When I send an attachment using Outlook 2007, the receiving end sees it as a > winmail.dat on mobile devices? (i.e i-phones) and therefore can not be opened. > The same mobile device receives regular attachments from other users without > any problems. Recipients of e-mails with .dat attachments a...

Unwanted Hyperlink "link to" options
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Fooling around with Microsoft Word I found a list of unwanted hyperlinks, which I can &quot;link to&quot; when I open the &quot;Insert Hyperlink&quot; dialogue box and select the scroll arrow to the right of the &quot;link to&quot; box. Obviously at some point I included these hyperlinks in other documents, but what do I do to get rid of them, now that I no longer wish to link to them? How do I permanently erase these hyperlink options? ...

insert attachments
hi all, where can I set in outlook 2002, when I insert a attachments that will not show the large icon in my contents of mail, I want to see only the attactment in the bar under the "subject" thx "man" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40da01c42b60$14c16550$a401280a@phx.gbl... > hi all, > > where can I set in outlook 2002, when I insert a > attachments that will not show the large icon in my > contents of mail, I want to see only the attactment in > the bar under the "subject" > > thx Tools-Options-M...

deleting unwanted numerics from cells in coloumn
I had to differntiate mobile numbers and wiredline numbers which are there in the same cells in a coloumn. now i dont require wiredline numbers in the coloumn how do i delete wiredline numbers from the coloumn? thank you. On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 03:36:10 -0800, sinu <sinu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I had to differntiate mobile numbers and wiredline numbers which are there in >the same cells in a coloumn. now i dont require wiredline numbers in the >coloumn how do i delete wiredline numbers from the coloumn? thank you. How do you differentiate wiredline from mobile numb...

E-mail attachments
I have a problem when I send an attachment with my mail. Some things go through fine but other attachments never get sent properly. What I mean by that is that the attachment is sent but can not be viewed or opened on the receiving end. I also have a problem with Explorer mail, I could send a page but can not send a link. How do I allow email attachments such as jpg, gif, tif, doc, url ect, ect. Thanks in advance Ed Try setting your mail format to HTML or Plain Text and consider disabling Word 2002 as your e-mail editor. If the attachment still appears missing or shows up as winmail....

Attachment blocking by extensions
Hi All, We would like to apply an attachment blocking resctriction by their extensions separately for inner messeges and for outgoing messages. (we have exchange 2003 sp1) I have just found a method but it is only applicable for OWA. Is it true that exchange does not include an attachment blocking feature? thank you, bolo Hi Bolo, What you really need to be looking at is an Exchange based AV solution. That should have attachment blocking features built in. Do you have one now? "bolo" <bolo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF2DA9A8-B989-4FB9-8D84-85E952...

Attaching notes to fixed assets doesn't work
If you attach a note to a fixed asset ID, it appears on all fixed assets instead of just being attached to one. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=324bfeee-0d6...

Attachment paper clip present, but not highlighted- Unable to save
just updated both windows 2000 and xp prof. through windows update. i assume the update did something to outlook express can receive e-mails with attachments on xp and 2000, but the paper clip is dulled (not highlighted) so the listed attachment cannot be saved to disk on both xp and 2000. can send attachments to myself from windows xp outlook express to windows 2000 outlook express with the same problem as above can send myself (and others) an attachment from windows xp/2000 outlook express to mac os 10.3 and open and save attachment any ideas? chris <anonymous@discussions....

i cannot send or receive e-mails with attachments attached
i cannot send or receive e-mails with attachments attached , can you help gary wrote: > i cannot send or receive e-mails with attachments attached , can you help Some more details would be handy - like what happens when you try? -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 08:54:05 -1000, Gordon <gordonbp1@yahoo.co.uk.invalid> wrote: > gary wrote: >> i cannot send or receive e-mails with attachments attached , can you >> help > > Some more details would be handy - like what happens when you...

Outlook 2010 Open Attachments
I'm using Outlook 2010. In Outlook 2003 I could open an attachment directly from the messagelist, by using the RightMouseButton on the message. In the help of Outlook 2010 it says I can do the same. However, when using the RightMouseButton in the message, I only get a menu, but no item likeView Attachment. Does anybody know if opening an attachment directly in the message list is not possible anymore in Outlook 2010? Its not an option in 2010. You can right click on the attachment in the reading pane to open them. Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook...

Outlook blocked attachment
Dear All, How do I get Outlook to not bloack a .mdb attachment? Timothy http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm Ray at work "Timothy Graf" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:083801c3a2f7$168ee070$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Dear All, > > How do I get Outlook to not bloack a .mdb attachment? > > Timothy ...

Opening Mail Attachment
This is a minor issue but when I am confronted with an e-mail attachment the 'Opening Mail Attachment' box is displayed. The 'Always ask before opening this type of file' is always grayed out. How do I change that? And 'Save it to disk' is always checked and I rarely save it to disk, I just want to open it. Can I change that as well? Thanks, DH There's some attachment advice for OL2002 here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "Dave Horne" <dave.horne@home.nl> wrote in message news:eej9vlKjHHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... ...

Attachments from Outlook to Outlook Express not going through
I got a laptop for Christmas (which I love), and I'm using Outlook for email. My problem is that attachments (Word documents, images, JPEG's) are not received by Outlook Express users. The text goes through, but there is no sign of an attachment. Any help? Dell wanted to charge me $99 to answer the software question. Thanks, Rebecca you are sending them on RTF formatted messages - switch to plain text or html. tools, options, mail format. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart...

Disable Email as Attachment
Is it possible to disable the Send to function in Excel 2003 & 2007? Is it possible to prevent a workbook from being attached to an email - using Excel 2003/2007 & Outlook -- PaulaK ...

Attachments on notes read-only
How can I make an attachment on a note read-only even if the user is also the owner of the note? I don't want the user to delete or replace the attachment but it's ok to open, save as, etc. I'm just not sure how to set the security on the role. Thanks. This is not something that CRM security roles can handle. You would need to disallow the delete privilege on notes for the user role in question, but that's about as far as you can go. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "cpeterson@rfcnet.net" wrote: > How can I make an attachment on a note read...

When forwarding attachments in Outlook 2000, Outlook shuts down.
Sys Admin for a number of systems here. Some users are experiencing a problem when forwarding attachments in Outlook 2000. When they select a message that has a current attachment on it, and select to forward that message, the new window will open with the forwarded message info and attachment ready to go. Once you click the "SEND" button on this new email created from the forward, it closes down Microsoft Outlook, reports an error, and asks if you wish to send an error report to Microsoft (which we always do). This is running on both Windows 2000 and Windows...

Outlook 2000 Freezes when trying to attach file
Once the Attach icon is clicked, the attachment window opens then freezes. The curser can still be moved but none ofthe buttons within the window work. You must End task to close the window. The machine is running 98SE with Outlook 2000. Server is 2003. Outlook will send and receive Emails with out the attachments. ...