unable to access exported address book

I have Windows XP. My address book has been emptied of all emails and I can't
access the file containing all of my address book contacts.  Please help!!!!!

I have two identities in Outlook Express that each have different contacts
in the address book.  I wanted to export my address book from one identity to
the other.  I clicked File>Export>Choose program to export to...I chose Text
file (Comma Separated Value)>Save exported file as .csv type.  I saved it.
I switched identities.  Went to File>import>other address book>When I got to
this part there was a problem.  I clicked on my saved file (excel) which was
a "shortcut" and window with header "Missing shortcut" appeared stating
"Windows is searching for (myfile).csv.  It said the short cut had been
changed or moved.  I was unable to access file

I did a search for the .csv files and my file was not listed.  I did
research and unblocked the blocked extensions, temporarily.  I discovered my
file with a .lnk extension and .zip extension. I can not open either.  My
computer attempts to open via Excel uncsuccessfully.  The location of this
file is (archive root directory).

I read another chat for fixing missing shortcuts and downloaded it.  It did
not open my file.

How do I retrieve my address book?  Thank you.

outlookexpress.general 525 articles. 0 followers. Follow

When you export the contents of your Address Book to a CSV file, you must
specify a location to save it: The file should be found in that location &
you need to point the import wizard to it.

PS: Your Address Book does not contain emails, it contains contacts.

do wrote:
> I have Windows XP. My address book has been emptied of all emails and I
> can't access the file containing all of my address book contacts.  Please
> help!!!!!
>
> I have two identities in Outlook Express that each have different contacts
> in the address book.  I wanted to export my address book from one identity
> to the other.  I clicked File>Export>Choose program to export to...I chose
> Text file (Comma Separated Value)>Save exported file as .csv type.  I
> saved
> it.
> I switched identities.  Went to File>import>other address book>When I got
> this part there was a problem.  I clicked on my saved file (excel) which
> was
> a "shortcut" and window with header "Missing shortcut" appeared stating
> "Windows is searching for (myfile).csv.  It said the short cut had been
> changed or moved.  I was unable to access file
>
> I did a search for the .csv files and my file was not listed.  I did
> research and unblocked the blocked extensions, temporarily.  I discovered
> my
> file with a .lnk extension and .zip extension. I can not open either.  My
> computer attempts to open via Excel uncsuccessfully.  The location of this
> file is (archive root directory).
>
> I read another chat for fixing missing shortcuts and downloaded it.  It
> did
> not open my file.
>
> How do I retrieve my address book?  Thank you.

0
PA
1/29/2010 4:35:02 PM
Start, Run wab /a , OK.
View, check Folders and Groups.
Each Identity will have a folder.  You can copy from one Identity to
another.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP-Mail

"do" <do@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Windows XP. My address book has been emptied of all emails and I
> can't
> access the file containing all of my address book contacts.  Please
> help!!!!!
>
> I have two identities in Outlook Express that each have different contacts
> in the address book.  I wanted to export my address book from one identity
> the other.  I clicked File>Export>Choose program to export to...I chose
> Text
> file (Comma Separated Value)>Save exported file as .csv type.  I saved it.
> I switched identities.  Went to File>import>other address book>When I got
> this part there was a problem.  I clicked on my saved file (excel) which
> was
> a "shortcut" and window with header "Missing shortcut" appeared stating
> "Windows is searching for (myfile).csv.  It said the short cut had been
> changed or moved.  I was unable to access file
>
> I did a search for the .csv files and my file was not listed.  I did
> research and unblocked the blocked extensions, temporarily.  I discovered
> my
> file with a .lnk extension and .zip extension. I can not open either.  My
> computer attempts to open via Excel uncsuccessfully.  The location of this
> file is (archive root directory).
>
> I read another chat for fixing missing shortcuts and downloaded it.  It
> did
> not open my file.
>
> How do I retrieve my address book?  Thank you.

0
Ron

exchange 2003 Pop3 access #2
I'm trying to publish smtp and pop3 through isa. neither of the server publishing rules smtp or pop3 work properly. I was able to work around the smtp portion by configuring smtp virtual server on isa then forwarding to the exchange server. so on to pop3 for this scenario: 10.0.0.2 = exchange server ip 10.0.0.1 = isa internal 10.1.0.1 = isa dmz 60.60.60.60 = public ip address of mail server (nat by firewall to dmz interface of isa) I used mail server publishing to publish pop3 from "external" to "10.0.0.2" Following the tuturial on isaserver.org still I am ...

Contacts are not listed in address book
When I open my address book, there are only two contacts. When I open my contact list it lists all my contacts. What do I need to do to get my full contact list into my address book? Depends a bit on what you have done so far and which version you have. You have given us very little information. Try this: right click your Contacts folder | Address Book | set as an Outlook addess book (tick the box). If it doesn't work, tell us version and how you got your Contacts into Outlook (import etc). -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "Docmoney" <Do...

Can't get past "Unable to Create the log path" when restoring
Hi. This is driving me nuts. We are running Exchange 2003. I have created a Recovery Storage Group and am trying to restore to it from an online (ntbackup) backup, but can't get past the message "Unable to Create the log path. Check to insure that it is a valid path" message when I hit the "Restore Now" button and fill out the information on where to restore to (the server with my recovery storage group on it - TESTDCEXCH) and the location for my log and patch files (e:\Rest_Log). History is: Exchange knows our production server as EXCHANGE Exchange knows the...

Error while trying to access reports
Hi all, I have a user who is Admin and gets this error when she clicks on the report icon: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the r...

Move worksheet to new book
I have 14 worksheets within a workbook. In the middle are worksheets named Sheet1, Sheet2....Sheet10 Is it possible using a macro to see if there is anything written in cell A1 on Sheet1, and if there is, then move it to a new book, and then check Sheet2 and so on? And if there is no information on the worksheet I would like to delete it. TIA Try this against a copy (since it destroys worksheets): Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim iCtr As Long Dim wkbk As Workbook Set wkbk = ActiveWorkbook For iCtr = 1 To 10 'sheet1 throu...

export email account #2
was incredibly easy in express. Like som many other things this feature is missing or not at all obvious in outlook. Anyone know how to do it? Getho You can try using the Microsoft Office 2003 Save My Settings Wizard. "Getho" <gethinc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:42bbb2d5$0$27710$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au... > was incredibly easy in express. Like som many other things this feature > is missing or not at all obvious in outlook. Anyone know how to do it? ...

NNTP/web-based access (still) horked
[Posting via clunky web-based access at ~12:15 PM PST/20:15 UTC, 10 Jan-10] Right now, web-based access to this newsgroup is not showing any new posts since 12:45 AM PST/08:45 UTC, 09 Jan-10...though AFAIK most posts since then are showing up via NNTP. This has been going on since March 2009, guys. Pull your finger out of it & get it fixed, OK? PS: Happy New Year, Little StevieS! Time to earn that raise, bucko. -- ~PA Bear... Ahh, if only this sort of thing could happen permanently to techarena, eggheadcafe, vistaheads, etc... "PA Bear [MS-MVP]" <PABea...

Error 0x80040216 when trying to export customization
Hi, Does anyone has any idea what is causing 0x80040216 xml error when trying to export customization? Thank you in advance. ...

Experts Challenge: MAPI is unable to access Public Folder store items
Goodday to all of you, I have crosspost my messages to several newsgroups. Reason for this is that my previous posts to different newsgroups did not solve the problem. Maybe if I crosspost, there will be an expert that has a solution. Also I am not sure to which group I should post my problem. Maybe this post long-winded, do not see at as material for a novel!!! - I am just trying to explain the exact TERRIBLE situation! ---- ---- ---- ---- I am experiencing a problem with our Public Folder Store. All my users are not be able to access e-mail items in the Public Folders using their Outlo...

How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download?
How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download This is the Outlook newsgroup. Outlook Express is a different program. You don't download Outlook Express. It's part of Internet Explorer and your O/S. Look in the Start Menu in Programs. "Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C27B0DE-4C72-41D3-BC87-B4652F45E4F2@microsoft.com... | How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download Frank <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download Outlook Express probably came with your Wi...

Importing a table from Access query
What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? Thanks in advance. Hi The way I usually do this is run the select query, click on the top-right box (which selects all records) and use Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste into my workbook. An alternative is to right-click on the query in the Database Window and left-click on Export. In the Save As dialog box, select ..xls type. -- Andy. "Trish" <Trish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BF3DE22-6590-4CAD-9EE1-FC978A3BB63B@microsoft.com... > What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? >...

Cell with email address
I have a cell where I just want to record an email address. However, whenever I enter it tries to connect to Outlook, thinking I want to send an email. How can I stop this? -- Les Les It shouldn't try to connect unless you click on it but you can precede the entry with a single apostrophe or press Ctrl+Z after entry (undo) and a second entry should stop it -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Les" <Les@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B53EE8A-A0A8-4AFD-A09F-116DDE063747@microsoft.co...

Solution: Error 2306: There are too many rows to output (Access to Excel using OutputTo)
I've joined the legions who've encountered this problem with the OutputTo method in Access: Run-time error 2306 There are too many rows to output, based on the limitation specified by the output format or by Microsoft Access A lot of people seem to have encountered it. The reason is because OutputTo defaults to an old version of Excel which only allows 16K rows A lot of people also suggest using TransferSpreadsheet instead, but that caused me a lot more problems (putting a single quote in front of my text data) Intellisense for the command does not list what your options are for th...

Exporting just an address book?
I am wondering if there is a way to export just a address book and not the whole .pst folder. Any hints would be appreciated... I am running on a Domain so I dont have a Exchange Server on site. Thanks, ...

Very Rusty Former Beginner/Intermediate Access Guy Needs a Little Help
I'm using Access 2002 to create a database for a small opera company that my wife is involved in, and I'm more than a bit rusty because I haven't created a new Access database since about 1999. So, I will probably have quite a few questions as I go through this, and hopefully this group will help me out. I will be creating this database for someone else to enter the data. I have a patron table with name, address, email, etc., and I want to add a form to enter donations from patrons into a donation table. All I need in this form is last name, first name, date, and amount....

matrix in access
Hi all, is there an option to build matrix in access? hi, thread wrote: > is there an option to build matrix in access? Yes, but you have no matrix operators. Each table can be threated as a matrix equivalent. In VBA you can use multi-dimensional arrays. btw, what do you like to do? mfG --> stefan <-- the metrix is going is follow: you have countries as vertical and i have names as horizontal,the issue is that i want to have an option to load it from excel to access as is but still to be able to use it in the relations between other tables any code samples? Stefan Hoffmann =...

access forms 12-05-07
how can the minimum value from eight numeric fields be found & displayed displayed on the form, following manual entry? Your only way is through a series of If statements to determine the minimum. Remember, too, that you may need to handle missing data. You can use the Nz function in that case, but you need to be able to assign a reasonable value for comparison purposes if the value is Null. Dim lngMinimum As Long lngMinimum = Nz(Me.Field1, 9999) If Nz(Me.Field2, 9999) < lngMinimum Then lngMinimum = Me.Field2 End If If Nz(Me.Field3, 9999) < lngMinimum Then lngM...

Access SSRS Throug SSMS not Report Manager
Without giving someone membership into the "BUILTIN\Administrators" group, how would one enable a user to be able to access SSRS through SSMS? SSMS >> Connect >> Reporting Services >> {Server Name} I'm currently getting the error below: TITLE: Connect to Server ------------------------------ Cannot connect to {servername}. (removed the server name) ------------------------------ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: A connection to the computer cannot be established. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.RSClient) ------------------------------ Acces...

accessing clipart when not online
In office professional 2003 I can only seem to access clip art when connected to theinternet. Is it possible to get the clip art with out connecting? Kate wrote: > In office professional 2003 I can only seem to access clip > art when connected to theinternet. Is it possible to get > the clip art with out connecting? No. Not one of the wisest decisions, was it? Makes me glad I went broadband before getting Off 2003. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message news:c8rlqh$63b$1@news5.svr.pol.co.uk... >...

Outlook address book #11
Anyone know how to set the outlook address book to list the contacts by last name followed by first name? The default seems to be first name followed by last name.I have tried the settings under tools > options > contact options, but these settings only seem to effect how the actual contacts are files in outlook and do not change how they appear in the address book. I know it was possible to change this in earlier versions of outlook, but for some reason I can not locate how to do this in 2003. The problem this creates in when searching for an e-mail address, one needs to know the fir...

Address list filter rules
I am trying to create a new address list in Exchange 2003. What I want is all employees and all employee distribution groups. After trying several combinations I added a custom attribute to each employee and to each employee distruction group and entered "Employee" as the value. I then created a new address list with the filter rule which said if the custom attribute 1 = Employee include in the list. Everything is fine except that Query based distribution groups do not show up. So I create a new address list and found that using any filter rule rejects all query based distributi...

Good MFC Book
I have taken a few courses on C/C++ but they never taught me how to make programs with real GUI. We always used the command prompt. So I've decided that I'd like to learn to use MFC. I have noticed that there are several MFC tutorials and articles online, but I'm really looking for some suggestions on a good book. Nothing aginst the online versions, but they can be rough on they eyes after a while. Can anyone give me a few good book suggesions? I have an excellent understanding of C/C++ control structures, classes, etc. so I am looking for a book that goes right into the g...

How do I get the data/xml/export option
My export option is disabled under data/xml tab. What is the exact feature I need to install to get this export xml option. I didn't install all the option during excel installation. Which specific install tab are required during excel installation? thanks Nick One way would be to do a web query, first preformat the cells as text, then do the query (data>import external data>new web query), put in the web site address, select the part you want to import, under properties select preserve cell formatting and do the import -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails pleas...

I would like to export the data from a drop-down list to a table
I have a form with several drop-down lists, I need to have the information in these lists in another document/spread sheet. Is there an easy way to copy the data in these lists to another location? The long way would be to re-type all of it. ...

unable to send email #4
I am receiving error message, "A TCP/IP error occurred while trying send data to the server. (Error number 0x800ccc13). Can anyone provide any assistance to resolve this issue/ Thank you so much! Hi, Could you be more specific about the account type and the version ofOutlook etc ...??? Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Moises" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:537701c3ffd4$8fac4fd0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am receiving error message, "A TCP/IP error occurred > while trying send data to the server. (Error number...