Saving email address???

Is there any way to save an email address to a specific group rather than
just putting them in the main address book?

I just took over as sec-treas of an organization that sends email to the
entire group. I wanted to make up my own mailing list by harvesting the
addresses from a news letter.

However when I right click an address, the only option is to save it to the
main address book. There are about 100 names and I didn't want to have to
dig them out of my already bloated address book.

Asking the previous secretary to export his address book is not an option.
He tried and could not figure out how to do it.

Thanks

Paul Anton

0
Tri
1/7/2010 3:43:32 PM
outlookexpress.general 525 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Ctrl + F3 on a sent news letter.
Highlight all of the email addresses.
Paste into Notepad.  Save as a csv file.
Open in a spreadsheet program.
Create columns for First Name	   Last Name	Name	Nickname    E-mail AddressAdd
information to the columns and remove the name and brackets for the email
address.
Start, Run, wab /new    OK
Import the csv file.
This will create a standalone wab file.  Open the wab file, highlight names,
right click, send mail.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP-Mail

"Tri-Pacer" <Nospam@2AZ1.net> wrote in message
> Is there any way to save an email address to a specific group rather than
> just putting them in the main address book?
>
> I just took over as sec-treas of an organization that sends email to the
> entire group. I wanted to make up my own mailing list by harvesting the
> addresses from a news letter.
>
> However when I right click an address, the only option is to save it to
> the main address book. There are about 100 names and I didn't want to have
> to dig them out of my already bloated address book.
>
> Asking the previous secretary to export his address book is not an option.
> He tried and could not figure out how to do it.
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul Anton

0
Ron
1/7/2010 5:02:39 PM
>> Import the csv file.
> This will create a standalone wab file.  Open the wab file, highlight
> names, right click, send mail.
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP-Mail

Thanks a million

Paul

0
Tri

When forwarding email stationery is attached
When I forward an email from another person (I use Office XP), the stationery they use is sent as an attachment to my email. How do I stop the attachment. ...

How to prevent opening email program
I have a column with email addresses. When I click on one...to edit it...my email program automatically opens. How can I prevent this action. I'm using Excel 2002. I followed the instructions on how to "Deactivate several hyperlinks at once". This seemed to work for one click. But as soon as focus changed to another cell, the previously clicked cell then became an active hyperlink to my email program. (underlined, in blue, and ready to open my email program) There must be a way to deactivate at this "feature" TIA Bob, A simple way is like this: right click ...

Incoming emails in plain text only
I have just started using Outlook as my mail / contacts / diary client and have hit a problem. For some reason it is only displaying incomin e-mails as plain text. My previous clients had no probs showing th more complex ones (?HTML) with pictures and flashy bits. Now all i just plain. I have scoured the options menus to see if something ha been switched off; I have set the outgoing text format to HTML; but al to no avail. Even the smileys I send come back simply as hyperlink when people reply. I should have mentioned that the version is Outlook 2002 (Office XP). Any ideas anyone ----------...

outlook email embedded links do not activate
The links embedded in outlook emails do not activate any more - no matter how you click on them. Is there any suggestion to find out what made them stop working? They worked for a couple of years - now they do not. Thanks eg ...

Unable to send emails via Windows Live Mail
Hi, i have been using windows live mail for a while now and have never been able to send anything from one of my email accounts, I have logged onto this particulay email account as webmail and am able to send that way, but it is very inconvenient. thi error message i keep getting is: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'testing' Server: 'smtp.iprimus.com.au' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 10060 i have read through several other posts and tried changing the port numbers as suggested...

Save As Web Page
In all the MS Office tutorial books, it says that in any Office document, a page may be saved as a Web Page. I see that option under "Save As" in every program except for Publisher. The document I want to save as a web page is a Publisher document. What's up with that? Anyone know? jeanne@callintouch.com wrote: > In all the MS Office tutorial books, it says that in any > Office document, a page may be saved as a Web Page. I see > that option under "Save As" in every program except for > Publisher. The document I want to save as a web page is a > ...

Intermittent file save errors
When working with a 7.5 meg workbook in Excel 2000 every now and again we get the following error msg "Your changes could not be saved to 'BOOK1.XLS', but were saved to '4CCA4100'. Close the existing document, then open the temporary document and save it under a new name." We save to a network drive.The local drive has plenty of free space. Is the file too big? This type of error is usually caused by too many files in your C:\Temp directory. Delete all files in C:\Temp directory and see if the error persists. Regards Jed "Bernard" <bernard@e-inn...

Recurring email contact address
I used to be in contact with a Lawyer, I decided to stop contacting this lawyer after receiving misleading advice. Since then, every email I receive this Lawyer's email address id attached on the end by Demon-Mailer. It is embarrassing as I often reply to an email, and this lawyer's/Demon Mailer's garbage data is still attached to the outgoing email. Can someone contact me personally, otherwise it may mean that I must Change my Email Address completely?<scottieyoung@gmail.com> Scottie Young -- ______________________________________ Posted from http://o...

Voice email
Hi Is there a way to send a voice file (or another format) that the rceiver of the email will hear a message without having to open a voice attachment file Thank you, Samuel Shulman If you figure it out, I hope that I'm not on your distribrition list. I exit web pages with music so fast they don't get throught the first measure. "Samuel Shulman" <samuel.shulman@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:OsVNkZscGHA.4224@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Is there a way to send a voice file (or another format) that the rceiver > of the email will hear a mess...

Outlook 2000
Sporadic problem - original email disappears once a reply has been sent. Disappears from inbox - and no sign of it in any of the other folders e.g. "deleted items", "drafts" etc. Only evidence that it existed is the reply in the "sent items". Happens sporadically, and with different email addresses. By this I mean it does not happen with all emails, and also does not occur repeatedly with the same email address. Using Outlook 2000, part of Office 2000 in Win 2000 Pro Environment. Not using Exchange. Any help appreciated! Alan <anonymous@discussions....

On save
When we enter First name as Bob C. and Last name as Johnson, CRM will sometimes save as First Name: Bob Last Name: C. Johnson whichmakes all of the names search wrong. Any idea why and how to fix this??? Kristine, check within the organization settings - system settings - General tab you will be able to select how NEW contacts are stored. HTH Frederic - Travi@ta www.microsoft-dynamics-crm.eu Kristine schreef: > When we enter First name as Bob C. and Last name as Johnson, CRM will > sometimes save as First Name: Bob Last Name: C. Johnson whichmakes all of the > names search ...

Multiple email addresses #5
I have Exchange 2003 Standard w/SP2 on a Win2K3 R2 DC using Outlook 2K3 has the email client. I have 3 email domains setup for each user account. eg. jdoe@aaa.com, jdoe@bbb.com & jdoe@ccc.com. I recieve email to all. Can I send out email from any one of the specific email addresses if used in a mailbox enviroment? The only way I know how to do this now is through POP3. You could either set up separate accounts for each email address, assign Full Mailbox Access and Send As permissions to the new mailbox(es), and have them change the FROM field when sending out.. - or look at 3rd par...

How do I get Outlook to receive emails on start up?
How do you get Outlook to receive on start up. There is an option to send, but not to receive. "kracker" <kracker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D0B7184-DB0C-40FD-BA8A-077D4DC5C6CA@microsoft.com... > How do you get Outlook to receive on start up. There is an option to send, > but not to receive. You need to set a polling interval. In O2003 go to Tools-Send/Receive-Send/Receive Settings-Define Send/receive groups and set a time interval for polling for mail. HTH Hi Gordon, Yeah I've done that, but I want O2003 to auto receive at start. J...

Email Issue #2
I'm having an issue that I can't seem to get to the bottom of. I can send email without an issue except for when I'm emailing two doamins in practicular. Our setup is such that mail sent via exchange is sent our antispam/antivirus server using a smarthost and that server sends it out. According to the logs a reverse dns lookup fails as the reason the mail is being rejected. From some reserch this could happen if there is no pTR record created in our DNS which in our case is hosted by our ISP. Would tyou concurr that his would be a probelm. Some administrators have conf...

Cannot save to mounted filesystem.

I cannot reply to email without allowing permission to email addr.
After a new install, I get a popup message every time I try to reply to a message. It asks me to allow a program to access my email addresses for "x" number of minutes. This is so frustrating and unnecessary, but I cannot find how to stop it from happening. It never happened on my old computer, and I've tried unchecking all boxes in Outlook (XP) and Internet Explorer that suggest a security permission. All advice is appreciated. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems It's probably Adobe Acrobat. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yoursel...

Recieving emails in Inbox only when I click on a old message
I am having a strange problem with a few of the users in my domain. The do not see new emails, but when they click on a old message then the ne messages appear. This problem seems to be growing slowly to more an more users. We use Outlook 2000, and Exchange 5.5, has anyone else ru into this? I hope so, any help would be greatly appreciate -- HeatmiserPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces Typically this is the UDP packets being blocked, have you been upgrading your infrastructure as Firewalls, Gateways etc can block these packets. Check out http://support.microsoft.com/?k...

Email Report Subscription
Hi I created a custom report in CRM 4.0 using the Report Wizard. This is a simple report which shows a list of sales orders which are grouped by owner. I have set up a subscription in Reporting Services Manager to send this report in an email to the sales manager on a daily basis. The layout of the report in the body of the email is not very tidy. I would like to increase the size of the columns in the email. I have increased the columns using the Report Wizard however this does not effect the body of the email. Is there some way that I can change the layout of the report that is r...

Missing Email
Hi - We are missing emails sent to an address that is correct. Most mail gets to the users but occasionally some ends up as unknown mail. We have checked the senders are using the correct address. Test messages work (say 99 %) We are using SBS 2003 and receive the emails via pop collection in the unknown mail users folder. We can see the mail is correctly addressed. Can anyone help. Posted in SBS as well.Thanks ...

Word as Email Editor #9
I have a user on a stand-alone Win XP/ Office 2K system who all of a sudden can no longer use Word as his email editor. I found KB article 223934, (link http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;223934) but this involves people who haven't completely removed Word 97 - that is NOT a factor on this system. Does anyone out there know any other reason why the message: "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." would come up? Thanks, -Monica, Dallas amethystm@hotmai...

Change the follow up date for multiple emails
Hi All, I have a group of 14 emails with follow-up dates set for today. I can't get to them today. Can I change their follow-up dates to tomorrow as a group, or do I need to do it one by one? Thanks, Michele ...

Business Portal Project Time & Expense Email Notifications
Hi, Utilising an online system such as the Business Portal Project Time and Expense to facilitate the entry of employee timesheets and expense reports would be made even simpler by having the system cater for email notifications (such as in Requisition Management and EDD). Why is this important? Well, with setting up the system to cater for the types of users who will not be office bound, but do have access to their email while roaming, notfication of saves, submissions, rejections, re-submissions and approvals would greatly facilitate their ability to manage timesheets and expense re...

Contract workflow and email templates
I'm just starting with CRM 3.0 and would like to know the process for creating internal versus external email templates. For instance, I would like to create an internal notification that account contracts have expired. I don't see how to specify internal versus external so that I can get the contract owner name and email versus the account primary contract name and email address. It can't be very hard? Peter ...

how do i put a facebook link on my outlook email?
How do I put a facebook link on my outlook email? Thanks Tyr Insert, Hyperlink savitribach wrote: > How do I put a facebook link on my outlook email? > Thanks Get one of their vanity URLs and just type the text into the body of any mail document like this one http://www.facebook.com/metromilwaukee "savitribach" <savitribach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ADC7AC7-4104-465F-8BB1-85B9CAF88F28@microsoft.com... > How do I put a facebook link on my outlook email? > Thanks ...

How can I auto display email address in outlook 2003.
Dear all, I have installed outlook 2002 in my computer (Windwos XP professional). Would you please help me how can I auto display email address in outlook 2002. I know that the email address can be auto display in outlook 2002 when type more than 3 character. However, it cannot auto display email address when I type more than 3 characters. Tks & B.rgds Ping Ping The automatic display of names will not occur until you have entered enough names for Outlook to build its cache. It does not use the address book for this option. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to ...