Password

I can't remember my password in Outlook or Outlook Express,. how can I find
out what it is?
                                   Jeff

0
Jeff
6/9/2010 12:26:10 AM
outlookexpress.general 525 articles. 0 followers. Follow

For the OE logon password:

Your ISP knows it, ask them. Or see this site for a tool to retrieve your
e-mail account password:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/mailpv.html

For an identity password:

http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/faqs/how.htm#delnopass

Can't help you with Outlook.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"Jeff T." <jeftho@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>I can't remember my password in Outlook or Outlook Express,. how can I
>find out what it is?
>                                   Jeff

0
Bruce
6/9/2010 12:47:31 AM
It's **********

Jeff T. wrote:
> I can't remember my password in Outlook or Outlook Express,. how can I
> find
> out what it is?
>                                   Jeff

0
PA
6/9/2010 5:00:23 AM
HA,HA!!

> It's **********
>
> Jeff T. wrote:
>> I can't remember my password in Outlook or Outlook Express,. how can I
>> find
>> out what it is?
>>                                   Jeff

0
Jeff
6/10/2010 1:29:25 AM
Bet it worked, didn't it?!

Jeff T. wrote:
> HA,HA!!

>> It's **********
>>
>> Jeff T. wrote:
>>> I can't remember my password in Outlook or Outlook Express,. how can I
>>> find
>>> out what it is?
>>>                                   Jeff
0
PA
6/10/2010 6:25:13 AM
Actually, it's: **********

"Jeff T." <jeftho@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
: HA,HA!!
:
: "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
: news:eQtAdJ5BLHA.1368@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
: > It's **********
: >
: > Jeff T. wrote:
: >> I can't remember my password in Outlook or Outlook Express,. how can I
: >> find
: >> out what it is?
: >>                                   Jeff
: >
:
:

0
Bickford

Password Protecting Outlook Application
I would like to password protect my Outlook "application" meaning everytime I open Outlook, it has to prompt for a password before going in. The reason I want to do this is I want using Outlook to retrieve mails from my Exchange Server Email account and couple of Hotmail acccount. The "Do not save password" only prevents the unauthorized user from checking for new mails, but can view existing mails with the hotmail account. If I have just the exchange server account, and if I do not enter the correct password, Outlook quits. It does not even allow users to view ex...

password problem #2
Hi. I have enjoyed my Microsoft Money program and installed it at work and on my home office computer. I used to be able to back up at work and take the infor and restore it on my home computer. Now, every time I back up to a floppy and attempt to restore it at home a window tells me the file is protected by a password (which I never set) and I do try my familiar passwords, but cannot for the life of me open the files any more. Suggestions? Frustrated Are the versions of Money on the two computers the same? This is a typical reason fro that error appearing. What happens if you do it t...

password protect opeining of Outlook 2003
Is there a way to put a password on Outlook to open it? John Leonard - Sage <sagegrp@adelphia.net> wrote: > Is there a way to put a password on Outlook to open it? No, but if you use a Personal Folders file, you can password protect that. RIght-click, choose Properties, then Advanced. Click Change Password. -- Brian Tillman Thanks Brian I have tried that. However, it does not stop anyone from seeing what I have already downloaded. I wanted todisable Outlook from starting up. That way someone, I share my computer with (same logon) can use my system and not see my E-mail. ...

Money 2006 password confusion
I 've used Money for 3 years. Start page has login with userid (email) and saved password (shown as dots) and has worked fine all this time. Now all of a sudden I can't login. (Maybe it's maintenance so I'll try later.) Meanwhile I'd like to understand: Is the password on the start page a local file password? or a Live ID password? (work offline is not selected). I clicked "reset password" which led me thru the reset of my Live Id password. Still can't get into money. What if the local money file password is different? I can't remember if I eve...

How do I set up a password in a computer?
I bought a computer and I want to have a window poping up asking for a password every time I log in. At present it logs in straight away. Thanks a lot Monica In news:74A31ACE-982F-4DA8-915E-82E0C1BE9FAB@microsoft.com, Mon <Mon@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I bought a computer and I want to have a window poping up asking for a > password every time I log in. At present it logs in straight away. > > > Thanks a lot > Monica Hi, Monica....you've posted this in a group for MS Outlook issues. I suggest you post in a group for your operating system. I'...

why does outlook kee!!!!! asking for a username and password
tlook kee!!!!! asking for a username and passwordwhen this was all done during setup?if you know could you email me direct Questions asked in the public groups are answered in the public groups - private mail discourages discourse and obviates the use of a "public" news group. For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q290684 For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000: (CW) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q275465 (IMO) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q259416 For all Outlook ver...

Disable username, password and domain prompt
Greetings... I currently have a network with computers running Windows 2000 with Outlook 2000 SR-1 and am in the process of upgrading the computers to Windows XP with Outlook 2002 SP3. One of my users has an issue where he has to type in his username, password, and the domain every time he opens up Outlook on the Windows XP machines, but never on the Windows 2000 machines. The option to uncheck the "Always prompt for username and password" box is not found on either version of Outlook, and he is set up for NT password authentication in his Outlook settings. Is there something else...

Require report with user ID and password
We require a report which has the user ID and the password. In version 9.0 the password is encrypted so we can not generate such a report currently. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowse...

FTPD and Telnet password lost when ethernet cable detached
I have a strange behavior with the password used for Remote Admin, FTP and Telnet on my device with Windows CE 5.0. When I reboot my device with the ethernet cable unplugged, when I insert the ethernet cable I'm unable to use the previous saved password, the ftp, telnet and remote admin login fails. I don't have problem when I reboot the device with the ethernet cable plugged-in. I use the Hive registry and the registry key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Init\BootVars] "MasterKeysInRegistry"=dword:1 and the registry are saved after the reboot sequence. Can someone ...

HowTo enable password change on OWA
I am running E2K3 without SP1. I am trying to enable the password change option on/in OWA. Can anyone out there point to any documentation on how to enable this option? http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/42691/42691.html "TD" wrote: > I am running E2K3 without SP1. I am trying to enable the > password change option on/in OWA. Can anyone out there > point to any documentation on how to enable this option? > After following the instructions as suggested in the link you provided I am getting the following when I click on the Change Password Icon: The pa...

I have to repeat my password for e-mail every time, how do i get .
Every time I go to my inbox I have to put in my password. It is very frustrating but I don't know how to get rid of it. I am using outlook express. windows xp. and I have a compac cp. I do have service pack 2 installed and all updates are ok. my ISP server tells me I have a glitch on that program and that I have to reinstall this e-mail account. I would try to do that but how do I uninstall outlook express and then reinstall it again. My server told me to do that. Outlook express came with my cp. so I do not have a disk or cd to put in and reinstall it. Any help anyone can give me...

Outlook Pop3 Password Problems
Hi I have Outlook 2000 on a windows XP home PC. When i tick the remember my password box, it isnt remembering it!!!! Can anyone help? Hi, here is the MS Article about your Problem http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;259416 it is an >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >I have Outlook 2000 on a windows XP home PC. When i tick >the remember my password box, it isnt remembering it!!!! > >Can anyone help? >. > On systems, Outlook or Outlook Express will not remember the e-mail password, which would then need to be entered in each time. To s...

Passwords #5
Is there some way to have Outlook 2002 prompt you for a password in order for it to open? This can be done when you have more than one identity in Outlook Express but I cannot figure out how to do the same in Outlook 2002 Set a password on the .pst file. Open Outlook and right click on Outlook today, select properties, then advanced. Set your password from there and DO NOT FORGET IT! --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: APK <akipel@hhpa.com> asked: | Is there some ...

Password Protection on Workbooks
Hi, I set a password on a file I needed for university and now cannot remember the password. I have tried all the usual things I would set it to but no luck. I desperately need to get into the file. I have tried several different programs found in Google and have failed miserably. Is this mission impossible? Please help? -- xirokx ------------------------------------------------------------------------ xirokx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25533 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389696 Take a look here...

Password Issue #4
I set up a money file on my laptop a few years ago and I originally assigned a password to protect access to it. I subsequently took away the password and can now access the the file on my laptop without the password. I now have a new desktop and I want to transfer the file to it. The problem is that when I seek to import or restore a backup made from my laptop it looks for a password even though when I use money on my laptop no password is required. As I have forgotten the original password I cannot import or resore the file. Is there any way I can get round this problem -- Thanks ...

unprotect cells that are password protected?
how do I unprotect a cell that is password protected if I do not know the password? Hi search Google for 'Excel password remover' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mostro wrote: > how do I unprotect a cell that is password protected if I do not know > the password? found an excellent solution, free too http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote in message news:Ojj1kTWIEHA.2376@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi > search Google for 'Excel password remover' > > -- > Regards &g...

Outlook 2003 Password #4
I am unable to save the password for Outlook 2003. I check the box to save password, but that doesn't work. I checked the registry, uninstalled Office 2003, then reinstalled it. Nothing seems to work. I use XP. Could it be in the software for my ISP? Please can someone help? Steve Nutgrass <steve-sue@worldnet.att.net> wrote: > I am unable to save the password for Outlook 2003. I check the box > to save password, but that doesn't work. I checked the registry, > uninstalled Office 2003, then reinstalled it. Nothing seems to work. > I use XP. Could it...

Password protecting a directory
My church wants to password protect some semi-secure folders that files like parish address and phone numbers. Is the a simple inexpensive way to do this ? It doesn't need to be super secure. And only in programs like Lotuus or Outlook. -- Thank you, J. Montrose Try the following: Right-click on "Outlook Today", choose Properties, click on "Advanced" and then on "Change Password" -- Richard "Montrose" wrote: > My church wants to password protect some semi-secure folders that files like > parish address and phone numbers. Is the a simpl...

ACT password recovery
Does anyone know of an ACT! software password and username recovery program? I hope it will help you http://www.elcomsoft.com/actpr.html -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Sally" wrote: > Does anyone know of an ACT! software password and username recovery > program? ...

Outlook prompts for password even when saved
Anyone know what to do when Outlook 2000 prompts you for the password whenever you try to send/receive mail, even when you've clicked on the Remember Password button? Thanks. are you logged on to windows? I take it you're using 98 ? you need to have a profile you're logged into N "Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0f3e01c3bea6$cff71170$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know what to do when Outlook 2000 prompts you for > the password whenever you try to send/receive mail, even > when you've clicked on the Remember Password...

Updating links to Password protected files
I have a Password-to-open protected file. I paste-link 3 separate selections of data into three files which are used by three subordinates. When they need to update the links they are asked for the password to the "Master" file. Is there any way to let them have the updates without using the Password?? hi, Jim ! > I have a Password-to-open protected file. > I paste-link 3 separate selections of data into three files which are used by three subordinates. > When they need to update the links they are asked for the password to the "Master" file. > Is there any...

OFT files that are password protected
I want to edit a OFT file that is password protected.. How can I remove the password ? XP User wrote: > I want to edit a OFT file that is password protected.. > > How can I remove the password ? You start with asking the person who put the password on it for the password. BTW, it would appear either your clock is wrong or your timezone is wrong (or both). -- f.h. Use Outlook 2007 to open the .oft file or see = http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/getformpassword.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.c...

RE: Hubby changed e-mail passwords
Ok Got on for you. How can I receive my e-mail again. My Husband has hit my account and changed my password. Plus his password as well. Problem He Can't Remember... I have went into the system restore to try to fix it. I have tried other things as well. Question am I better off to delete Outlook Express and start fresh??? What would be the best steps being he missed up my as well as his. Then on top of it. he deleted it and then did a System restore the day before. Please help I had enogh of the surprise's I gotten in the last 3 weeks. Just say Wife has had it!!!! Husband ...

Money Password #5
My wifes computer crashed. I repaired it and reinstalled all of our software. When I try to open my money file in money it asks for a password. My wife and I dont recall ever putting a password on it. Is there a way to hack it to get the password? In microsoft.public.money, Gavin Black wrote: >My wifes computer crashed. I repaired it and reinstalled >all of our software. When I try to open my money file in >money it asks for a password. My wife and I dont recall >ever putting a password on it. Is there a way to hack it >to get the password? See FAQ available at http:/...

outlook 2003 password problem ALL EMAIL ACCOUNTS
Looking for a solution or anyone else who's had a similar problem: Outlook 2003 does not appear to be transmitting my usernames and passwords correctly to email servers. On all accounts (including POP3, IMAP, and Hotmail), the server returns an error indicating that I've entered my login or password incorrectly. My usernames and passwords ARE correct. I can telnet to the IMAP and POP3 accounts and log in successfully with the same usernames and passwords. In addition, Outlook forgets all email account passwords when I close outlook and restart it. Knowledge base article 2906...