Oe spell checker not adding added words

I'm spellchecking in OE and adding some custom words, however OE
is not adding those so I'm asked to change the same words again and again.
Weird...

__________ Informaci�n de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versi�n de la base de firmas de virus 4762 (20100111) __________

ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.

http://www.eset.com

0
z3r0
1/20/2010 7:04:47 PM
outlookexpress.general 525 articles. 0 followers. Follow

<QP>
Outlook Express uses the spelling checker provided with the following
Microsoft Office programs: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft
PowerPoint.
</QP>
Source: OE Help

What version of MS Word, Excel, and/or PowerPoint is installed?

z3r0 wrote:
> I'm spellchecking in OE and adding some custom words, however OE
> is not adding those so I'm asked to change the same words again and again.
> Weird...

0
PA
1/20/2010 7:38:30 PM
2003.

And works ok in Word.

I noticed that personal.dic (the default custo dictionary only keeps a
little words, some 10 aprox.
If I add other news it just doesn't...

Tried deleting the file and creating a new one and it's same thing.

Installed also a dictionary freeware for Oe and didn't help either.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje
> <QP>
> Outlook Express uses the spelling checker provided with the following
> Microsoft Office programs: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft
> PowerPoint.
> </QP>
> Source: OE Help
>
> What version of MS Word, Excel, and/or PowerPoint is installed?
>

> z3r0 wrote:
>> I'm spellchecking in OE and adding some custom words, however OE
>> is not adding those so I'm asked to change the same words again and
>> again.
>> Weird...
>

> __________ Informaci�n de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versi�n de la base de
> firmas de virus 4762 (20100111) __________
>
> ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.
>
> http://www.eset.com

__________ Informaci�n de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versi�n de la base de firmas de virus 4762 (20100111) __________

ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.

http://www.eset.com

0
z3r0
1/20/2010 8:04:36 PM
Is your Office 2003 installation fully patched?

z3r0 wrote:
> 2003.
>
> And works ok in Word.
>
> I noticed that personal.dic (the default custo dictionary only keeps a
> little words, some 10 aprox.
> If I add other news it just doesn't...
>
> Tried deleting the file and creating a new one and it's same thing.
>
> Installed also a dictionary freeware for Oe and didn't help either.
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje
>> <QP>
>> Outlook Express uses the spelling checker provided with the following
>> Microsoft Office programs: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft
>> PowerPoint.
>> </QP>
>> Source: OE Help
>>
>> What version of MS Word, Excel, and/or PowerPoint is installed?
>>

>> z3r0 wrote:
>>> I'm spellchecking in OE and adding some custom words, however OE
>>> is not adding those so I'm asked to change the same words again and
>>> again.
>>> Weird...
>>

>> __________ Informaci�n de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versi�n de la base de
>> firmas de virus 4762 (20100111) __________
>>
>> ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.
>>
>> http://www.eset.com
>>

> __________ Informaci�n de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versi�n de la base de
> firmas de virus 4762 (20100111) __________
> ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.
>
> http://www.eset.com

0
PA
1/20/2010 8:43:30 PM
Here is a stand-alone  freeware that works ok:

pappy

"z3r0" <reply@newsgro.up> wrote in message
> I'm spellchecking in OE and adding some custom words, however OE
> is not adding those so I'm asked to change the same words again and
> again.
> Weird...
>

> __________ Informaci�n de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versi�n de la base de
> firmas de virus 4762 (20100111) __________
>
> ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.
>
> http://www.eset.com

0
gram
1/21/2010 12:02:49 AM
Do you by any chance have any part of Office 2007 Trial also installed along with
Office 2003

--
Peter

> 2003.
>
> And works ok in Word.
>
> I noticed that personal.dic (the default custo dictionary only keeps a little
> words, some 10 aprox.
> If I add other news it just doesn't...
>
> Tried deleting the file and creating a new one and it's same thing.
>
> Installed also a dictionary freeware for Oe and didn't help either.
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje
>> <QP>
>> Outlook Express uses the spelling checker provided with the following
>> Microsoft Office programs: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft
>> PowerPoint.
>> </QP>
>> Source: OE Help
>>
>> What version of MS Word, Excel, and/or PowerPoint is installed?
>>

>> z3r0 wrote:
>>> I'm spellchecking in OE and adding some custom words, however OE
>>> is not adding those so I'm asked to change the same words again and again.
>>> Weird...
>>

>> __________ Informaci�n de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versi�n de la base de firmas de
>> virus 4762 (20100111) __________
>>
>> ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.
>>
>> http://www.eset.com
>>

> __________ Informaci�n de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versi�n de la base de firmas de
> virus 4762 (20100111) __________
>
> ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.
>
> http://www.eset.com

0
Peter
1/21/2010 2:58:41 PM
Installed that one and did nothing....
What is suppoused I have to do with?

"gram pappy" <nospam@example.invalid> escribi� en el mensaje
> Here is a stand-alone  freeware that works ok:
>
> http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2952
>
> pappy
>

> "z3r0" <reply@newsgro.up> wrote in message
>> I'm spellchecking in OE and adding some custom words, however OE
>> is not adding those so I'm asked to change the same words again and
>> again.
>> Weird...
>>

>> __________ Informaci�n de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versi�n de la base de
>> firmas de virus 4762 (20100111) __________
>>
>> ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.
>>
>> http://www.eset.com
>>

> __________ Informaci�n de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versi�n de la base de
> firmas de virus 4762 (20100111) __________
>
> ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.
>
> http://www.eset.com

__________ Informaci�n de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versi�n de la base de firmas de virus 4762 (20100111) __________

ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.

http://www.eset.com

0
z3r0
1/21/2010 7:40:42 PM
Spell Checker for OE: 2.1 is an older small utility I have used
for years, first with Windows 98 and now XP Pro.
It has a somewhat limited word database, but no problem adding
new words.
Installs to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\proof

pappy

> "z3r0" <reply@newsgro.up> wrote in message
> Installed that one and did nothing....
> What is suppoused I have to do with?
>

>> "gram pappy" <nospam@example.invalid> escribi� en el mensaje
>> Here is a stand-alone  freeware that works ok:
>>
>> http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2952
>>
>> pappy
>>

>>> "z3r0" <reply@newsgro.up> wrote in message
>>> I'm spellchecking in OE and adding some custom words, however OE
>>> is not adding those so I'm asked to change the same words again and
>>> again.
>>> Weird...
>>>

>>> __________ Informaci�n de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versi�n de la base
>>> de firmas de virus 4762 (20100111) __________
>>>
>>> ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.
>>>
>>> http://www.eset.com

0
gram
1/22/2010 4:11:12 AM
Thanks! But so what?
Nothing changed since I installed it... what should I do in order to replace
spellcheker for new isntalled?

__________ Informaci�n de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versi�n de la base de firmas de virus 4780 (20100117) __________

ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.

http://www.eset.com

0
zero
1/22/2010 3:08:45 PM
Did you uninstall the spellchecker you mentioned in original post?
If not, there may be a conflick running the two. Uninstall each of them.
Then reinstall  "Spell Checker for OE: 2.1"
Now test it by creating a new message. In the compose message you
should see a new tool (check spelling). Type in a few common misspelled
words, and try your new added words then click on the "ABC" spelling
tool...

pappy

"zero" <repyl@newsgroup.please> wrote in message
> Thanks! But so what?
> Nothing changed since I installed it... what should I do in order to
> replace spellcheker for new isntalled?
>

>> "gram pappy" <nospam@example.invalid> escribi� en el mensaje
>> Spell Checker for OE: 2.1 is an older small utility I have used
>> for years, first with Windows 98 and now XP Pro.
>> It has a somewhat limited word database, but no problem adding
>> new words.
>> Installs to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\proof
>>
>> pappy
>>

>>> "z3r0" <reply@newsgro.up> wrote in message
>>> Installed that one and did nothing....
>>> What is suppoused I have to do with?

0
gram
1/22/2010 6:21:01 PM
Yeah and doesn't work.

Custom dic, saves some 12 words, then empty the dic completely.
Can't make it work.

__________ Informaci�n de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versi�n de la base de firmas de virus 4798 (20100122) __________

ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.

http://www.eset.com

0
z3r0
1/22/2010 11:23:48 PM
Delete the custom dictionary & reboot.

If no joy, Your current Identity may be damaged, especially if its the
default Main Identity.  Try one or more of your accounts in a new Named
Identity...

   File | Identities | Add new identity

Assuming all is well, (1) compact all folders in the old identity, (2)
import messages from the old identity into the new one, and then (3) delete
the old one (File | Identities | Manage Identities).

To avoid such corruption in future:

- Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages.  Move them to local
folders created for this purpose.

- Empty Deleted Items folder daily.

- Frequently perform a manual compact of all OE folders while "working
offline".  More at http://www.insideoe.com/files/maintain.htm

- Do not cancel Automatic Compacting, should it occur, and do not attempt to
close OE via Task Manager or shutdown your machine if Automatic Compacting
is taking place.

- Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application.  It can cause
corruption (i.e., loss of messages) and provides no additional protection:

z3r0 wrote:
> Yeah and doesn't work.
>
> Custom dic, saves some 12 words, then empty the dic completely.
> Can't make it work.
>

> "gram pappy" <nospam@example.invalid> escribi� en el mensaje
>> Did you uninstall the spellchecker you mentioned in original post?
>> If not, there may be a conflick running the two. Uninstall each of them.
>> Then reinstall  "Spell Checker for OE: 2.1"
>> Now test it by creating a new message. In the compose message you
>> should see a new tool (check spelling). Type in a few common misspelled
>> words, and try your new added words then click on the "ABC" spelling
>> tool...
>>
>> pappy
>>

>> "zero" <repyl@newsgroup.please> wrote in message
>>> Thanks! But so what?
>>> Nothing changed since I installed it... what should I do in order to
>>> replace spellcheker for new isntalled?

>> __________ Informaci�n de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versi�n de la base de
>> firmas de virus 4798 (20100122) __________
>>
>> ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.
>>
>> http://www.eset.com
>>

> __________ Informaci�n de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versi�n de la base de
> firmas de virus 4798 (20100122) __________
> ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.
>
> http://www.eset.com

0
PA

Is Word or Publisher best for posting a book to the web?
I am preparing a genealogy book for the web. The book has many pictures and is also text intensive. Which is best for posting to the web? What do you mean "posting"...for downloading? for viewing? "Marie Peer" <Marie Peer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C38165D-FAEF-4C53-B312-9E99C74BE693@microsoft.com... |I am preparing a genealogy book for the web. The book has many pictures and | is also text intensive. Which is best for posting to the web? I'm such a novice! I've not thought about that. If allowing both is not terrificall...

Why wont Word open Excel data source in mailmerge?
I am following the Help step by step, but each time i try to open data source it wont. I have saved the correct version in Excel and have renamed it etc MOSH "won't" means what? Do you get an error message? You cannot browse to an Excel file and use it? You have no ODBC driver for Excel? If the latter, you may have to re-configure and add that driver. Go to Control Panel(Start>Settings>Control Panel) and double-click on Data Sources(ODBC). In User DSN what do you see for drivers? If no Excel, click on Add and find Excel on the list(not Excel do). Select and "...

student language tools tab in word 2007
Hi, My niece uses office home and student 2007 (especially word) at school and it is also installed at home on the pc...but she says that there is tab that is missing from the home pc, it is student language tools which shows all the french accents, so when she types a word that requires an accent she clicks on it and the accent automatically goes into the word...does anybody know where to enable this? My guess is that this is provided by an add-in or other customization on the school system. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama...

linking Excel table to word
Can anyone tell me how I can have an excel table linked to a word table so that the word table dynamically updates itself based on the values in excel cells? Much appreciate it if anyone can point me to direction Thrava Hi in MS Word just insert the Excel sheet as Excel object (Edit - Paste Special) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Thrava" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0cea01c46e91$faae80b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how I can have an excel table linked to > a word table so that the word table dynamically u...

Comments from Word 2002 to 2007
We have a large number of templates written in Word 2002, most of which have comment balloons associated with them. We are in the process of converting these templates to Word 2007. Would it be fair of me to assume we could just copy the text of these comments to the new comments in our converted templates? Would there be any corruption? Or do we need to type out the comments letter by letter to avoid any corruption issues. There are differing opinions in our department on how to proceed. Hoping for some clarification from the helpful folks here. Thanks Well, Word 2007 a...

spell checker word 2004
over the years i have never had a problem with microsoft word 2004 spell checker unitl now. the symptom: create document, run spell checker, window appears: "the speling check is complete." the problem: spell check has not done its job. i have planted booby trap errors, and they remain undetected. i have gone through preferences, dictionaries etc. i THINK i know what i am doing, but obviously i do not. i have been working on computers for years, and am currently on a macbook pro 17" osx 10.4.7 a clue: i cleared out some foreign language dictionaries recently, and the pro...

Adding text to a vlookup cell
Can a cell be edited if the contents are the result of a vlookup function and still keep the rseults? I have 2003 on an XP Pro PC. My formula is =IF(A4<>"",VLOOKUP(A4,InvDetail!$A$2:$B$3000,2,FALSE),"") I trying to create an availability list for our customers but need to add comments to the end of some items. I know I can add another column but the customers are used to the comment being after the item description and space on the page is limited. Thanks, Lee Coleman If you're talking about entering comments manually, then you'd need to concatenate th...

Word Printing and Rotation of Landscaped Pages
When printing a document with mostly portrait pages but some landscapes, the landscape page is rotated for printing and is rotated so that the page top is on the right hand side of a traditional portrait page. I want it to rotate 180 degrees from that so that the bottom of the landscape page is on the right hand edge of the portrait page. Cannot seem to find a place to do that. Help !!! I don't think Excel can do that. Mike wrote: > When printing a document with mostly portrait pages but some landscapes, the > landscape page is rotated for printing and is rotated ...

The toolbar at bottom of screen has the word calculate
My excel sheet is not updating other files when they are all opened. The word calculate continues to appear in the ready toolbar at the bottom of the screen. The calculation option in the tools option is set at automatic, iteration is ticked and at maximum iterations. When a number changes the sheet calculates this sheet but not the other opened files. This file is not linked to any other file (i.e it is not dependant on any data in any other file) Can anybody explain what is causing this problem "Calculate" means there's a circular reference. Go through your worksheets u...

Mailbox in a different AD forest
Hi all We've just created a second Active Directory forest "domain3" (win2k3) on our network and setup a 2-way trust with our exisiting domain "domain2.domain1" which contains an Exchange 2003 server. Can I setup mailboxes for the domain3 users in the domain2.domain1 Exchange server? Ideally I do not want to create disabled accounts in domain2.domain1and then associate their mailboxes with accounts in domain3, or deploy an Exchange server in domain3. I just want to host the domain3/user mailbox on the domain2.domain1 Exch2k3 server. So far I haven't read an...

Word as email editor #6
I'm using Outlook 98 and Word 2000. I want to use Word as my e-mail editor in Outlook 98. When I go to Mail Format to turn on Word as my e-mail editor, it doesn't allow me to choose Word AND also choose HTML as my message format. One without the other basically is useless, i.e. why bother to use Word as the e-mail editor if I can't send elements other than text. ALSO, when I try to send an e- mail directly from Word, under File, New there is no "General" tab which means I can't choose "e-mail message." It's as if a chunk of something is mis...

User Manager -> Adding Users
Has anyone else seen the case where each Active Directory user is listed twice in the Import Users Wizard in the Deployment manager? Rick. ...

Sending to Recipiants a Word Document not as attachment
When I send a Word Document that is not an attachment to some people in my address book, some of them cannot read the document and some can. Some say that a pop-up window tells them to download a chinese font or something like that. So they hit cancel. How can I send the word document (not as an attachment, but more like a web page) to a recipiant without them getting scrambled words, images, and fonts mixed up? All help is really appreciated. Robert in Orlando ...

Adding Recurrence Field to Tasks
Using Outlook 2003 I have my list of tasks for my department grouped by category. The fields I have visible are Subject, Status, Due Date & Start Date. I want to add a column for "Recurrence." I want to be able to see if the recurrence is (for example) monthly, weekly or annually. I don't need to know if it's the first Monday of every month, just that it's monthly. I went into the field chooser and I cannot find a field that would accomplish this. Can this be done? There is a recurring field, but that just lets me know if the task IS recurring, not when...

Figures to words
Is there an excel formula that will take the contents of a cell in numbers and convert it into words? Example 1565 to one 'thousand five hundred and sixty five' M Can be done with VBA. See Bob Phillips' site for help on this. http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html or Bernd Plumhoff's site http://www.sulprobil.com/html/spellnumber.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "RedRobin" <michael.edward@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:n_qdnfXBZ8I6ZPPYnZ2dnUVZ8q6dnZ2d@bt.com... > Is there an...

Word vX Language problems
I have recently started studying greek at university and was wanting to type assignments which will use greek symbols, but it appears that Word vX (office for Mac) does not support a greek keyboard. Are there any suggestions to help this problem? Regards Stuart Stuart, Since Word X does not support the Greek keyboard, there are two ways that Greek can be put into a Word X document. 1. Insert Symbol From the Insert menu select Symbol. The Symbol font contains Greek characters, both upper and lower case. Simply choose the character you want then click the Insert button. 2. Obtain a Gree...

Word Art Question
I am trying to do a circle of 8 words. I want to alternate between blue and green in each word. I have tried to do 2 semi circles of 4 words each but I don't see how to alternate colors. I see how to make all words a blend of colors or to do a pattern. Any ideas for me? I need them to be about 20pt Copy the WordArt, paste special as a Windows Metafile (.wmf), ungroup, delete the transparent background, select each letter and recolor. Regroup. A circular example here, scroll way down http://msauer.mvps.org/wordart_in_microsoft_publisher.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.m...

Job ad for craigs list
I am trying to create a job ad that I can use to post in the body of craigslist.org. The body will allow HTML and then covert the code to appear as a "webpage". Once I create my ad, what format do I save it in, and how then do I insert it in the body of the posting? an example of another ad can be seen through the following link. http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/sls/226436445.html cbrock wrote: > I am trying to create a job ad that I can use to post in the body of > craigslist.org. The body will allow HTML and then covert the code to appear > as a "webpage...

URGENT : Adding search criteria for my Custom Field ???
Hi, I have created a new field in contact form, now how can i add this newly added field in the search criteria. (ex) Added a new field in contact form named MemberId(string field). in the search box of contact form how can i add this new field in the search. Thanks in advance. Richard, You should see any newly created fields when you use the Advanced Find functionality. If you don't see them you may want to re-publish the XML in the Deployment Manager and reset IIS. ~Dave >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I have created a new field in contact form, now how can i a...

Word template used for emails?
Older versions of Office had an email.dot template used for sending emails using Outlook and Word as the editor. Cannot find the template using 0ffice 2003. Any ideas? Becky <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Older versions of Office had an email.dot template used > for sending emails using Outlook and Word as the editor. > Cannot find the template using 0ffice 2003. Any ideas? I think it just uses the Normal.dot template. -- Brian Tillman ...

How to retain consistency in Word Art with mutiple headings
I am in the process of creating an informational page with headings for each subject. Using "Word Art" enables me to produce the text effect I need but when the headings contain a various amount of characters, I can't achieve a consistency in the way they look (height, width, thickness, etc.). I have tried making the Word Art "boxes" the same size but that doesn't solve the problem either. Neither does "spacing over" to make the headings with less characters match the ones with more characters. Has anyone found a solution to this? What versi...

Word 2007, Runtime Error code: 429, Active X component can't creat
We have office 2007 professional installed, some users are getting the following error when opening word 2007 Runtime Error code: 429, Active X component can't create object. When I re-create windows profile it's works fine, Is any workaround for this, or is any easy way to just re-create offcie 2007 profile ? ...

Output report to Word
I have a series of reports that I output to a Word doc in rtf. Is there a way to keep the report format in tact? I.e., can I output the report so that it looks the same as it does in the report viewer? Nope. Not from what I know. One of the frustration of the Export to Word function, the loss of formatting. The solution is to print it as a PDF for distribution or automate the creation of a word document from within access to build the formatting as you require using vba. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault "rs0905" wrote: > I have a series of reports that I o...

Where do I find the option to change number format in a Word doc.
I simply want numbers in a particular document to display with 2 decimal places. But I can't find this function anywhere. Used to be able to right click to get this kind of function but no more. Are you perhaps confusing Word with Excel? Word has never had that capability from a right-click option. You can use a formatting switch if the number is in a field. Otherwise, you basically get what you type. (I suppose you might have had an add-in that provided numeric formatting, but I'm not familiar with any such add-in.) -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word Bible B...

Weird MS P japanes font added, cant remove
Hi, My Powerpoint 2004 (part of Office suite) for Mac, started adding this weird MS P and japanese characters to my presentations. When I start one the font is immediately added. I caanot go to font replace because it tells me a double byte font cannot be replaced by a single byte font. I need help! When I send the PPt to my PC client he gets an error message saying he does not have the font, and he too cannot replace it. Anyone having htis issue? thanks! claudia ...