Hi Bruce Hagen - Need your help

Hi Bruce

I have XP Pro and IE7.

Hope you can help me again. Many months ago it was determined that my OE was
corrupt. I remember you instructing me to delete certain folders in OE and
then upon a restart they would be re-installed fresh by the system.

I did that and the problem was solved. Now I use WLM and it seems that my
WLM may be corrupt. I do not see my posts from any NG. Have to go to google
groups, where I can just see some replies, but never my original posts. The
some
help that I can see doesn't solve the problem.

Hope you can give me about the same procedures to delete those folders that
can be deleted and restart to hopefully cure the problem.  Now the problem
is getting even worse. Even on google I don't see much. Hopefully I'll find
your reply somewhere, somehow. My situation is desperate. I am almost
completely cut off.

I had some postings in microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop but this
Ng doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Thanks

--
dario
outlookexpress.general 525 articles. 0 followers. Follow

WLMail is a totally different animal as far as the way the data file
system is constructed and no file corruption issues will be the same for
WLMail as they were for OE.

The newsgroup is alive and well, but you might have better results using a
newsreader like OE or WLMail instead of the clunky Web interface. The
settings for WLMail are the same as OE.

Setting up Outlook Express to access Microsoft newsgroups:

Windows Live Mail [Desktop] Newsgroup.

In your newsreader:

On the Web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"dario" <dario@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi Bruce
>
> I have XP Pro and IE7.
>
> Hope you can help me again. Many months ago it was determined that my OE
> was
> corrupt. I remember you instructing me to delete certain folders in OE
> and
> then upon a restart they would be re-installed fresh by the system.
>
> I did that and the problem was solved. Now I use WLM and it seems that
> my
> WLM may be corrupt. I do not see my posts from any NG. Have to go to
> google
> groups, where I can just see some replies, but never my original posts.
> The
> some
> help that I can see doesn't solve the problem.
>
> Hope you can give me about the same procedures to delete those folders
> that
> can be deleted and restart to hopefully cure the problem.  Now the
> problem
> is getting even worse. Even on google I don't see much. Hopefully I'll
> find
> your reply somewhere, somehow. My situation is desperate. I am almost
> completely cut off.
>
> I had some postings in microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop but
> this
> Ng doesn't seem to be working anymore.
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> dario

0
Bruce

Help with OFX downloads
When I download a OFX file from my bank, Money imports the file, but it shows the transactions as Deposits only. What am I doing wrong? On 2005-10-26, Wonka <Wonka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I download a OFX file from my bank, Money imports the file, but it shows > the transactions as Deposits only. What am I doing wrong? That's an odd problem. Does this happen with only one bank or with all of your banks. (Do you have more than one bank in Money?) Also, what version of Money are you using? Are you using Essential* registers? Basically, what I'm try...

Need a special kind of "sort"... #3
Ron Rosenfeld Wrote: > On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 11:41:35 -0600 > > The following assumes your codes are all three characters long. > > Set up a "helper column" with the following formula: > > =(CODE(LEFT(A1,1))+100*(LEFT(A1,1)<"A"))*10^6+ > (CODE(MID(A1,2,1))+100*(MID(A1,2,1)<"A"))*10^3+ > CODE(RIGHT(A1,1))+100*(RIGHT(A1,1)<"A") > > Then, sort ascending on the helper column. > > Obviously, this could also be done as a VBA routine if you preferred. > > > --ron Ron, I tried your code and it works ...

Excel Workback Date Macro/Formula Help!
I am creating a workback schedule for marketing, I was wondering if there is an easy way to formulate days or dates back from a particular date. For example, if I have a deadline on 2/23/2004, then my copy editors need to have a deadline of -5 or 5 (2/16/04) business days from that date. Does that make sense? Even if it is not business days, it would still be helpful. Email me with any questions. Thanks, JPM --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi without looking for business day simply subtract 5 from your date and format the resulting cell as date. For calculation with...

EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 Referals
EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 Referals Hello every body , im be glad to introduce one of the best MLM for every body who wants to explod his/her earning with very simple steps and incredible situation! JUST IMAGINE...... If you achieve only 10% success you will still make $ 143,489.28 If you achieve only 1% success you will still make $ 14,348.928 But If we trust to each other and be serious, reaching to $ 1,434,892.8 is not seem so far,just three or four weeks!! The whole works that you should do : 1) You should open an e-gold account ,that is f...

Can't Backup Info Store, please help
When we use the NTBackup utility in SBS 2003 to backup Exchange, we get an error. We select the Information Store option from the backup utility and at the end of the backup get the following error. Any clue what this is and how to fix? thanks Backup Status Operation: Backup Active backup destination: File Media name: "taurus_email_backup.bkf created 7/21/2004 at 10:05 PM" Backup of "TAURUS\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group" Backup set #1 on media #1 Backup description: "Set created 7/21/2004 at 10:05 PM" Media name: "taurus_email_backu...

Help required please
Hi, I have a spreadsheet where I get data from a web query, this data is in Column A Row 10 to Column T Row 50. This data changes when I refresh the query and can be 10 rows 15 rows 23 rows up to a maximum of 40 rows. What I want to do is to save the data I already have to a separate worksheet before I refresh data. Any suggestions on how I could accomplish this task would be very welcome. Best regards, Eamon hi, add this to public sub copyquery() Application.Goto Reference:="your query name" Selection.Copy Sheets.Add Range("A1").select Sele...

Need help with updating linked data
Hi, I've searched the online help and elsewhere on the internet for solution to my problem, but have had no luck so far. I'm creating a report that is to be in one excel datasheet, then linke across several powerpoint slides as one continuous table. The data needs to be updated monthly and changes reflected in th powerpoint automatically. So, my newb question is; is it actually possible to do this, and how? I've had no luck linking or embedding the file, I am unaware as to ho to split it across several powerpoint slides whilst keeping the abilit to link to the original file...

If statement help #5
I have a worksheet, and if cell 1 contains the word "Minimum," I need it to compare cells 2 and 3. I need it to run the equation in cell 4 =if(cell3>=cell2,"yes","no") But if cell1 contains the word Maximum, I need it to compare cells 2 and 3 and run the equation: =if(cell3<=cell2,"Yes","No") I think you can use the =find statement, but I cannot get it to work. Any suggestions? -- mkerstei ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mkerstei's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=get...

Help please? #2
Hi all I am currently writing a program where I have made up a userform which asks the user to type in three bits of information. Date of the report what is the report of does this person need to see a doctor. I was hoping to have the code place these on to the worksheet and then either:(this is where i need advice) bring up a scanning program, scan the image and then create a hyperlink which i know is very complicated. but I would like for the scanning to be done at the same time as the questions so that the hyperlink isnt confused. so it would be like this A ...

Populate a custom field in a scrolling window....(Dave Musgrave please HELP!!)
I have customized the payment application scrolling window to show the customer PO number for each record using the following code. It seemed (at first) to work great but during testing I discovered two issues: a) The first record (only) does not populate the field b) If the user clicks on the custom field the system returns "the record has been deleted by another user" and the rows all disappear. >From reading other posts I think problem b) can be corrected by setting a range but am unable to get my mind around exactly how. Possibly a) is related to b). Any assistance is real...

Advice Needed
http://www.jcdarts.co.uk/History.aspx As anyone who looks at the code for the above page will see the code is about 3700 line long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can split the code into several pages. I have had the idea of holding each year (or season) on a separate HTML pages each held in a iFrame control on each page of the outer TabContainer. Paul Smith (Apologies if this is the wrong group to post this to) > http://www.jcdarts.co.uk/History.aspx > > As anyone who looks at the code for the above page will see the code is > about 3700 ...

Indirect function help
Please help - I followed the directions at the site below to set up data validation where the second list is based on the selection of the first list. The first list works fine but the second list doens't have anything in the dropdown, even though there are items on the list. The name box for the dependent list matches one of the items on the first list. For the dependent list, the data validation is set to List with the Source as =INDIRECT(A2). I set all of column A with data validation for the 1st list and all of column B for the second list. What other information do ...

Need help with Macros for Great Planis
Hi, I am trying to automate the process which invoices gets printed one by one, from an invoice batch in Great Plains' "Billing Entry" screen. And when users pick "Print to Screen", it fires up a Crystal Report viewer where they have an option to save the Invoice as PDF's. I would like to automate this process and auto-save all invoices in the batch into PDF's. I found somewhere on the Internet that the macro command "FileSave file ':C:temp/temp123.pdf' " will save a file onto the hard drive. I have the script to call the "Print ...

I have 36 legend entries but only need the ones actualy graphed
I have a pie graph created from 36 rows by 1 numeric 'count' column. I have created a pie chart which shows the count distribution based on the 36 rows. Where a row has zero count, there is no slice. I would like to turn off the legend entry automatically where a row has a zero count, thereby reducing the overall size of the legend table. Hi, Have a look at this example. http://www.andypope.info/charts/piezeros.htm Cheers Andy Simon wrote: > I have a pie graph created from 36 rows by 1 numeric 'count' column. I have > created a pie chart which shows the count...

HELP!!! SQL Server Error when opening an Account on the server
All of a sudden when trying to open an account or add a new account on the server we are getting an SQL Server Error: A SQL server error occurred, contact your system administrator. Tried re-booting the server, nothing particular in the event logs... Any ideas! The obvious one here is that you have changed the datatype of an attribute between customisation imports. Have you done anything like this? R. "DBuggy" wrote: > All of a sudden when trying to open an account or add a new account on the > server we are getting an SQL Server Error: A SQL server error occurred, ...

Need help with DrWatson log
Can anybody assist me in understanding what could be wrong in application if DRWatsons gives such a log. Windows Server 2003 SP1 + all updates Error occurs spadadically on WS 2003 and never on Windows XP. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Application exception occurred: App: C:\Program Files\MyApp.exe (pid=5728) When: 13/09/2006 @ 10:07:08.348 Exception number: c0000005 (access violation) *----> System Information <----* Computer Name: COMPNAME User ...

What is the file name of the Outlook Inbox (Office XP)? I need to restore it from a Drive Image to recover email.
What is the file name of the Outlook Inbox (Office XP)? I need to restore it from a Drive Image to recover email. On 9 Aug 2003 17:21:33 -0700, Sparky <Sparky_member@newsguy.com> wrote: >What is the file name of the Outlook Inbox (Office XP)? I need to restore it >from a Drive Image to recover email. Search your backup for a *.pst file. That file contains all of your mail, Contacts, and all other data from Outlook. Be aware that it is a hidden file, so you need to have the capability of viewing hidden files in order to find it. -- Rich Cervenka Chicago, Illinois, USA Email C...

Please may I have help to customize a specific PowerPoint template
For PowerPoint template called "Beam", how do I change the first bullet on the master slide to be yellow instead of red and still keep the shade effect, and bring the bullet that is blue with the shade effect up to be the second level bullet? When I go to customize under bullets I cannot see where I can select the shade effect for a color. Beam has picture bullets and I don't think a yellow version is provided. You could always make your own though. This may help: http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html#bullets "Make a picture b...

Need to fix efficiency of Checkbook Balance Inquiry
When I am using Checkbook Balance Inquiry, after I select the checkbook, it takes a LONG time (several minutes) to display the results if there are very many transactions at all. The problem is in the stored procedures that are used to compute the results for this screen. If I interpreted the procedures correctly, here is what happens: GP takes the first transaction and puts it into a temp table, it then calls a second stored procedure and takes the current balance in the checkbook and one by one backs out all of the transactions after the first transaction to find the running balance...

mailing labels--PLEASE help!
ok, still trying to get the christmas cards out, so i entered all the names and addresses into a contacts database on access 2007. but when i try to formulate avery mailing labels using the label wizard, i get stuck o nthe step where it asks you to construct the label on the right by choosing fields from the list on the left. my list has the following options: file as contact name id company last name first name ....... all the way down to city, state, zip, and then about five different attachment options BUT NO ADDRESS!! this means i can get everything i need (name, city, state, and zip...

Renamed an existing Mailbox
I recently renamed an Exchange 5.5 mailbox and assigned it a new primary user. But I have noticed that the directory name is still the old name. Is there a way to change the directory name located on the advance tab of the mailbox properties. Or is there a better way to change mailbox properties. Thanks in Advance DMKanz you cannot change the directory name of the mailbox...you can change almost anything else, but to change that, you need to delete and recreate the mailbox... "DMKanz" <dmkanz@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0ac901c46e76$090d0120$a301280a@phx.gbl......

Urgent-please Help
Hi ALL, I need to convert data , received from a hardware device into an AVI file. I am getting data from 3 sockets a)Video Data(BMP's) b)Audio Data(DSP's groups' standard wave format) c)Text Data(Text needed to be displayed on each screen) Can any body help me How i can create an AVI file combining the three types of data. I have timestamp associated with each type of data to keep the data in sync. Thanks, Ritu ...

Excel Auto Formatting Help
I have a workbook to record orders. I have set data validation for the product codes so that product name, description and supplier are entered. I would also like to set the format on the price field so that if I choose 'X' product the price cell format is � or if I select 'Y' product the cell format is in �. Thanks Try setting up a separate table that contains your prices, then you can do a VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP to find the price that correlates to that code. Another method would be to do an "IF, THEN" statement. IF(C2=X,"$50", IF(C2=Y,"$80",&q...

The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available.
Hi, One of our users is experiencing a problem where she is unable to access her archived inbox. Sometimes it works fine but then other times it doesn't. When you click on the archived personal folder I get the following message: "The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available." Please can someone help, or at least point me in the right direction. Kind regards, Rabi Version of Outlook? Size of the pst-file? Tried repairing it with scanpst.exe already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Ic...

OL2003 and Norton Anti Spam issue- pse help
I have just installed Office 2003 on my XP Home machine and then Norton's Security 2004. However the Anti spam components are not included in Outlook (i.e. no Norton toolbar and therefore no ability to add to spam list or delete from spam list). It does however append incoming selected emails with "[Norton's Anti spam]". any ideas or suggestions please! ...