Help segmenting emails in add. to "Folders"

I'm using OE6 and adore it; have gmail forwarded in. XP Pro, and IE7 in
place.

I'm on a board that means constant important email coming in all the time,
with attachments - considerable amount is confidential. Keeping everyone in
my Folders array is driving me bonkers. Can you suggest anything else, or
another process to keep this board work all in one place by "itself?"

Incidentally, knowing OE is going . . . I tried uploading Live but it
screwed up my computer so much I had to dc it - all my .eml icons were
changed, and could NOT be opened. I nearly had a heart attack (I'm old
enough to!). They "returned" when I dc'd Live. I'm not a fan of webmail for
such, either.

But, I'll listen to your expert advice. Thank you.

--
"When I compare her 30 to my 30 it is like another species of human" ~ A
mother re daughter 2010

0
Laughingstar
4/16/2010 2:36:50 AM
outlookexpress.general 525 articles. 0 followers. Follow

PS I would like to know how to move them as a group, too, thinking you'll
suggest another Identity. Just need some direction (as usual)

--
"When I compare her 30 to my 30 it is like another species of human" ~
A mother re daughter 2010

0
Laughingstar
4/16/2010 3:05:44 AM
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 21:36:50 -0500, ~*Laughingstar*~ wrote:

> I'm using OE6 and adore it; have gmail forwarded in. XP Pro, and IE7 in
> place.

You don't "forward email to OE6". It is a bit of tech jargon, to be sure,
but MS Outlook Express 6 is an email client. Nothing more. It can pull email
in, but you can't push email to a passive client.

> I'm on a board that means constant important email coming in all the time,
> with attachments - considerable amount is confidential. Keeping everyone in
> my Folders array is driving me bonkers. Can you suggest anything else, or
> another process to keep this board work all in one place by "itself?"

Email related to any kind of web forum, or other type of "board" usually has
a unique header line. Unfortunately, OE6 can't work with the most useful
header lines for filtering; which is why I bailed on OE a long time ago; in
favor of Pegasus Mail. The learning curve was steep, and I know of one
person who gave up because it was "too hard to learn". But I liked the
extensive rules capability, and stuck with it.

If you can find a sufficiently unique header that OE6 can filter on, you can
create a rule to move all incoming "board" email to a user created folder.
Perhaps the "board" has a way for you to set such a header.

> Incidentally, knowing OE is going . . . I tried uploading Live but it
> screwed up my computer so much I had to dc it - all my .eml icons were
> changed, and could NOT be opened. I nearly had a heart attack (I'm old
> enough to!). They "returned" when I dc'd Live. I'm not a fan of webmail for
> such, either.

Not certain what "DC" is; probably "personal jargon"? WLMail is "downloaded"
(from server to your computer), not "uploaded" (from your computer to
server). The download is an installer, and you run the installer to install
the program (WLMail).

I have downloaded, and installed it. It takes over as the default email
client, and steals certain email file associations (.eml), and news file
associations (.nws). It also removes shortcuts to MSOE. But it shouldn't do
any more than that. If you decide to uninstall it, the uninstaller does not
reset the original MSOE associations. That has to be done manually. Not hard
to do, but may be hard to find the directions to do it.

> But, I'll listen to your expert advice. Thank you.

MSOE is long dead (since before 2006). However, lack of support does not
mean it will stop working. For as long as Windows XP will work, MSOE will
work. But if you go to a computer with Windodws 7, you will need either
another client, or to know how to shoehorn Windows XP into a Windows 7
Virtual Machine.

--
Norman
~Shine, bright morning light,

how do i share folders in MS-OL2K?
how do i share a sub-folder within my contacts list between 7 users within our network? we r using MS OL 2K on a win2K exchange server environment & all mails move into the PST file in individual workstations. all workstation OS r WIN2k prof with SP4. now i have a organisational unit of 8 workers named "AAA", they have a common set of contacts which r specific to them only. all these contacts r in a sub-folder under contacts named "SD". i need to share this SD folder between all these 8 users, such that any changes/addition will automatically update all 8 wor...

Purge items marked fro deletion on IMAP folders
Items deleted in IMAP folders are only marked for deletion. To fully delete them a manually click of 'Purge deleted messages' is required. Is there a way to purge automatically? Alan Not in Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After scratching one's head, Alan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked this group: | Items deleted in IMAP folders are only marked for | deletion. To...

Lost folders #3
One way or the other all the folders I added to my OUTLOOK 2000 are gone. They can't even be found in de deleted folder. Size of the PST file leaves me with some hope that they have not yet been removed completely. Anyone out there who can show me where they have gone? Theo P ...

Slow delivery to Personal folders
We are running Exchange 5.5 SP4 in the organization and Office 2000 SP3. There is a person who although Outlook opens fine and sends email out, when email is recieved into the Mailbox on the server it just sits there and may take 10 or more minutes before it ends up in the local PST on his computer. Of course if you hit the Send and Recieve it then is delivered to the PST local file but obviously this is not the answer. Any ideas on what to check to get this to deliver in a timely fashion? The exchange is listed in the host file and the IP is correct and we also have made sure th...

Unable to delete e-mails from any folders
I am having the same problem. Everything works good except unable to delete any files in the Outlook Express program. I went ahead and loaded the newest Internet Explorer and still the same situation. "I am having the same problem" Who are you refering to? Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips ...

Getting blamed for lost folders
Just doing my job, I installed all available updates to Microsoft products. Now a co-worker is claiming I lost her extra mail folders in the process. There's always a problem with this person.... but is it possible this was caused by the update process? We are networked and do not use Exchange. The 'extra folders' are folders the user has set up in addition to Inbox, Sent, Outbox, etc., to store the hundreds of msgs. she thinks she has to have taking up space within the system. I simply, or maybe not so simply, need to know if the Microsoft updates will lose these fol...

Public folders #65
I an trying to set up a master contacts list in public folders. I am able to creat a folder bur when I try to save to this folder i get:- the item could not be saved to this folder. the folder has been deleted or moved, or you do not have permission. I have checked permissions and they seem correct. I then tried to to set up a mail content folder and this worked like a dream I can read/write adjust user access no problem. Please if you could through some lite on this matter I would be gretfull Tom On Mar 12, 2:18 am, t north <tno...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I an tryin...

Add content of .pst file of news to public folders of Exchange 2003

Folders #8
When I go to the All Mail Folders I see 1. MSN Mailbox 2. BCM 3. MSN Mailbox 4. Personal Folders When I open Outlook it always opens to MSN Mailbox. How do I get it to open into the Personal Folders when starting. Thanks for your help. Stephen Reinstein SteveR7138@msn.com Steve Reinstein <SteveR7138@msn.com> wrote: > When I go to the All Mail Folders I see > 1. MSN Mailbox > 2. BCM > 3. MSN Mailbox > 4. Personal Folders > > When I open Outlook it always opens to MSN Mailbox. How do I get it > to open into the Personal Folders when starting. Is this MOOL?...

Calendar Sync Offline Folders
We have a few issues here where calendars aren’t syncing. The issue we have is where if offline folders are setup and you change a calendar name it won’t appear. We also have issues (I am guessing they are linked) where we put changes on a calendar and they don’t sync to the server so no one can see the appointment. Is there a known fix I could see anything in any other feeds on this site. Regards Andy ...

public folders #32
hi i have just installed exchange 2003 enterprise and i need to set up public folders. i would appreciate is somone could please help me in setting it up. Hi; Maybe this will be your answer. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319587 Bora Güler "Najmi" wrote: > hi i have just installed exchange 2003 enterprise and i need to set up public > folders. i would appreciate is somone could please help me in setting it up. ...

Cannot backup Public Folders or Mailboxes
Please help! I am running 2003 sbs and backup exec 9.1 for small business. When I try to check the box to back up Exchange Mailboxes or Exchange Public Folders then I get a message that says that logging on as the System Account failed and that Access is denied. I am logging on as Administrator and can see no reason or permissions that would not allow me access to this. Thanks This is a Backup Exec issue you should call them because I had the same issue. You need to creat an account that has admin rights to the server and is strting the service agent for BKEXEC...itws confusing an...

Synchronising public folder to personal folders
Is there a built in function to do this or any code that can be written? I have tried a number of 3rd party products and all seem a bit "rubbish". Thank you. Richard On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 09:50:23 -0000, "Richard Edwards" <do.not.use@do.not.use.com> wrote: >Is there a built in function to do this or any code that can be written? > >I have tried a number of 3rd party products and all seem a bit "rubbish". > >Thank you. > >Richard > www.diditbetter.com would do you a solution for this and isn't rubbish. Hi Richard, > Is...

Public Folders And Free / Busy
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C4A6DC.D962E710 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have 3 Admin Groups 1st admin group has 1 EX2000 & 1 EX2003 the other = 2 groups are exchange 2003. Users on the 2000 server can see free/busy = information and public folders. 2000 exchange Folders are not = replicating to other servers. Also, users on the 2003 server cannot view = any free/busy information from anyone. Your help will be greatly appreciated,,,, --=20 JOSEPH GOUGH ------=_NextPar...

".pst is not a personal folders file"
Bought a new computer when hard drive died. Luckily I had a recent backup of data. Copied my data files over to my new computer, including the Outlook.pst I have been using in Outlook 2003 just fine. Got Outlook 2003 up and running just fine, except .... Regardless of what I do, I cannot get Outlook to open the Outlook.pst file. I keep getting an error that says "Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file". I've tried opening it as the new format, as the old format, tried importing it, etc... Outlook won't accept it any way. So I thought that file might be ...

Folder List does not display files and folders
Under View, Page is selected with Toggle Pane set to Folder list. No folders or files are displayed. There are files in the default folder called My Web but I'm not able to see these in Folder List. Please can you advise? Thank you in advance. Have you opened a website using File->Open web or File->Open Site ? The file list will be blank until a website is opened in FrontPage. The folder My Documents\My webs is a website. -- Ron Symonds Microsoft MVP (Expression Web) http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread. ...

System folders in Shortcuts
Using Outlook 2003, a few months ago I managed to add folders and programs from my C: drive to the Shortcuts pane in Outlook, like my C:\Templates folder, and Notepad, and a few other things. Now, I cannot remember how I did it, and I'd like to add some more. Drag and drop doesn't work. How do you do it? Many thanks. Larry Wahlers Concordia Technologies The International Center The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod St. Louis, Missouri USA Ah, sheesh. My buddy showed me, and yes, it's drag and drop. You just have to drop it *right on* the word Shortcuts for it to work, not somewh...

How to organize my document folders in alphabetical order
My document folders were in alphabetical order which is the way I want them. Without my help, My Microsoft Publisher system changed the locations of my folders to a dated system. I want to change it back to alphabetical order, but don't know how. Please help. haywardcan wrote: > My document folders were in alphabetical order which is the way I > want them. Without my help, My Microsoft Publisher system changed the > locations of my folders to a dated system. I want to change it back > to alphabetical order, but don't know how. Please help. =========================...

Outlook and searching on the Public Folders
Hello, I would like to ask the function of Advanced Search on the Public Folders. When I find any items in the Public Folders search results are only from the folder where I have started to find. But there are no search results from its subfolders - even if there are some items which correspond with the selected search criteria. Could you anyone advise me - is there any possibility to search current folder and also its subfolders? Thank you. Pavel S. Search only works on one public folder, not across multiple Public folders. (It also only works on one message store at a time, but will sea...

Activities in Specific Folders #2
In Outlook 2003 I want to be able to search e-mails in the activites tab of contacts. However I have thousands of saved spams (for the purpose of training Spam Bayes). Is there a way to tell Outlook to only search for activites in my "Legit Mail" folder and not waste time searching through spam? ...

Problem with public folders #2
I move mailbox and public folder from an old server (Win2K/Exchnage 2K) to new server (Win2K/Exchange 2K). I follow the instructions on the KB 307917, for public folder replication. Accindentally, I uninstal Exchange 2000 on the old server before to remove public folders replicas on the new exchange server. Outlook client can work on the public folders of new server, but I can not work with public folder (to remove public folders replicas) with Exchange System Manager (ESM). I Want to use folder proprierties to remove replica from old server. I can not see the public folder on the root publi...

Storage Folders 08-12-10
In view, layout, folder pane, I remove the check mark next to "show storage folders." This successfully hides the storage folders for a few days, but eventually, they return, and I have to go into view, layout, folder pane again to remove the check mark. Why? ...

Where are Outlook 2007 Personal file folders located on my HD?
I would like to transfer all emails within a number of Outlook 2007 Personal mail folders from one computer to another. I know that I can zip each folder, but would like to zip all of them at once and copy the zip file to a USB drive. If I am able to do this, can I simply copy the zipped file to another computer, unzip the folder contents and place them in the correct location so that Outlook will see and list the folders (and the messages therein) on the second computer? Both computers have Outlook 2007. I think that I need the directory location (and file extension?) for the ...

jraun search when clicking on inbox and other folders
I have Microsoft Outlook 2002. A couple of weeks ago, I started getting a weird message whenever I click on any of the folders. For instance, I click on "inbox", and at first, the inbox starts to open, then suddenly an explorer bar opens, as if it's going to the internet, and the inbox disappears and I get a message saying "Cannot find Outlook:Inbox", or something similar to that. Also, in the explorer bar, I see "www.jraun.com/search" and some other stuff after than pertaining to a search for my inbox. I can't find anyone who knows why this ...