Exporting-importing email accout (.iaf) doesn't work

Hi,

i have an .iaf file that i get exporting my email account at work.

Now i have imported that file at home, but when i click on "Send and
recieve" i get this message:
[quote title=3DQuote:]
Fall=F3 la conexi=F3n con el servidor. Cuenta: 'pop3.xxx.es', Servidor:
'pop3.xxx.es', Protocolo: POP3, Puerto: 110, Seguridad (SSL): No,
Error de
socket: 10060, N=FAmero de error: 0x800CCC0E[/quote]

I'm using OL Express 6 in both computers (Windows XP).

Any idea?

Bye

Javi
0
Javier
3/4/2010 7:48:26 PM
outlookexpress.general 525 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application.  It provides no
additional protection, it may be causing the problem, and even Symantec says
it's not necessary:

<QP>
Disabling Email Scanning does not leave you unprotected against viruses that
are distributed as email attachments. Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect scans
incoming files as they are saved to your hard drive, including email and
email attachments. Email Scanning is just another layer on top of this. To
make sure that Auto-Protect is providing the maximum protection, keep
Auto-Protect enabled and run LiveUpdate regularly to ensure that you have
the most recent virus definitions.
</QP>
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2002111812533106

   . Why you don't need your anti-virus to scan your email

Troubleshooting error messages that you receive when you are using OL and OE
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514
--
~PA Bear

Javier Garcia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have an .iaf file that i get exporting my email account at work.
>
> Now i have imported that file at home, but when i click on "Send and
> recieve" i get this message:
> [quote title=Quote:]
> Fall� la conexi�n con el servidor. Cuenta: 'pop3.xxx.es', Servidor:
> 'pop3.xxx.es', Protocolo: POP3, Puerto: 110, Seguridad (SSL): No,
> Error de
> socket: 10060, N�mero de error: 0x800CCC0E[/quote]
>
> I'm using OL Express 6 in both computers (Windows XP).
>
> Any idea?
>
> Bye
>
> Javi

0
PA
3/4/2010 9:48:26 PM
Are you using the same Internet Service Provider as is used at work?
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

"Javier Garcia" <tirengarfio@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> i have an .iaf file that i get exporting my email account at work.
>
> Now i have imported that file at home, but when i click on "Send and
> recieve" i get this message:
> [quote title=Quote:]
> Fall� la conexi�n con el servidor. Cuenta: 'pop3.xxx.es', Servidor:
> 'pop3.xxx.es', Protocolo: POP3, Puerto: 110, Seguridad (SSL): No,
> Error de
> socket: 10060, N�mero de error: 0x800CCC0E[/quote]
>
> I'm using OL Express 6 in both computers (Windows XP).
>
> Any idea?
>
> Bye
>
> Javi

0
Ron
3/5/2010 2:14:02 AM
I even uninstall my antivirus for a while but the problem is the
same.

The Internet Service Provider is not the same.

Javi
0
Javier
3/5/2010 2:07:43 PM
Internet Service Provider at home does not allow access to that POP3 server
with the settings as you use at work (where you are connecting via another
ISP).

0
PA

Trouble Importing Vendors into Items in a New Database
We are using a Microsoft SQL database import utility and have successfully imported all items into their respective departsment with the correct tax IDs ect. We cannot import the supplier choices into each item. What would be the quickest way to set each item up with their appropriate supplier choice? This customer has almost 1500 items and he doesn't look forward to enter each item by hand with its supplier setting. Hi Big Dave - where you able to import the suppliers into the supplier table ? - items are then linked to suppliers in the supplierlist table on item.id = supplierlist...

Backing Up Outlook Express Emails
Does anyone know how to back up email's in Outlook Express? Backup your dbx-files For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Cindy" <anonymous@discussion...

Cannot move emails between folders

How is the 'FROM' field supposed to work in 2003?
I've noticed in inconsistent behavior of how the FROM field works when sending messages in Outlook 2003. From my testing it seems like on some occasions it will look as if the message has actually come from the name I enter into the field. I.e. 'John Smith' however on other occasions it will say sent from 'Myself' on behalf of 'John Smith'. Can someone confirm how it is supposed to work in an IMAP environment? Thank you. On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 00:46:07 -0000, Maz wrote: > I've noticed in inconsistent behavior of how the FROM field works when > se...

Clip art works on first try from web then doens't.
Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search right after I open the program, after that I either get a bunch of picture symbols with the little globe in the corner or I get nothing. This clip art thing is really driving me crazy. Anybody know what is up? ridergroov <ridergroov1@comcast.net> was very recently heard to utter: > Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections > clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search > right after I ope...

toggling between open work books
Re EXCEL97 under WinXP-Pro w/SR-2 Microsoft Windows allows you to easily toggle between applications using Alt-Tab. Is there a similar key board to toggle between two open workbooks in Excel? One can use Alt-W to display list of open workbooks, but you can�t just blinding hit the up or down arrow, because the most recently accessed workbook is not always at the top or bottom. I realize that I could get around the problem of opening two copies of Excel and then toggling using the Alt-Tab keys, but typically I�ve got two workbooks open in one copy of Excel before I realize I need the f...

How refresh imported data automatically?
In Excel, I've imported data into a worksheet. I know I can click Data.. Refresh Data to requery the source, but I want to be able to do it in a more automated way. Is there some sort of macro I can write when opened or something? Thanks, Ron Ron, Select the cell the data starts in, select Data/Import External Data/Data Range Properties Check the box "Refresh on file open" and anything else that needs checking off... Other than that, you could record a new Macro that selects your cell, refreshes data, and assign the macro to a keystroke, or even an icon. Beege ...

DLookup not working
My code is If DLookup("Mechanic", "PartSuffixTbl", "Mechanic = " & CLng(MechanicList.Column(0)) & "") = MechanicList.Value Then MechanicList.SetFocus MechanicBox.Value = "" MessageBox = "This Mechanic cannot be modified because" MessageBox2 = "there are Wheels assigned to it" Me.refresh This is to look in the Mechanic column of PartSuffixTbl and if the MechanicList.Value is found, the following code takes place. I have and else also but the problem is...

Email to generate case
Hi, we've recently implemented CRM in out organization, we are a small IT support company, and as such we recieve support queries by email. I have set up CRM so that it puts inbound email in our support queue as email activities, is there any way to get CRM to automatically convert these email activities into new cases? Many thanks, Dan. c360 has an add-on that will do this (www.c360.com). -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Dan Baird" wrote: > Hi, we've recently implemented CRM in out organization, we are a small IT > support company, and as suc...

Password not working
HI, I have been using my default folder set with a password for many years. Of late, i realised that I am not being asked for the password even when I restart the system. When I reset the password, my old password is being required for that. But again when I open Outlook, I am not being asked for the password. What could be the problem be? I recently installed YahooPop to have POP access to my Yahoo account. Could that be a possible reason for this? Thanks for any help. Regarsd Ramesh ...

Reminder for a received email for follow up
I would like to put a reminder on an email already received. This reminder would basically call my attention to the email (even though the email is in a different folder). Is there a way I can easily do this? I'm using Outlook 2003 SP1. Thanks John Off the top of my head, quick and easy, drag and drop a copy into your calendar. -- K. Orland Such as are your habitual thoughts, such also will be the character of your mind; for the soul is dyed by the thoughts - Marcus Aurelius "John" wrote: > I would like to put a reminder on an email already received. This remi...

makro to return email
I want a makro that if a check box is checked, a email is send to a recipient. See your other mail and http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Esrei" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:174801c50514$05025190$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I want a makro that if a check box is checked, a email is > send to a recipient. ...

import from eudora #2
I have used Eudora for many years, but am planning to set up my email in outlook. I want to move all of my mailboxes to outlook. Eudora does not have an export function. Do I need to go through something else, such as Thunderbird. I can't use Outlook Express, because it only imports through Eudora v3.0. I have 4.3. Any thoughts on this? "Nate Rosenthal" <ncrose@comcast.net> wrote in message news:IOmdnV5bH5fEddbVnZ2dnUVZ_rbinZ2d@comcast.com... >I have used Eudora for many years, but am planning to set up my email in >outlook. I want to move all of my m...

Phantom emails
Why would outlook 2007 try to send emails about every 60 seconds when there is no emails to be sent in the outbox? Carolyn On Mon, 24 May 2010 08:45:01 -0700, Carolyn <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Why would outlook 2007 try to send emails about every 60 seconds when there >is no emails to be sent in the outbox? >Carolyn What is the indication Outlook is trying to send e-mails? -- To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious and .invalid from my e-mail address. Could it be a stuck read receipt? See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadrecei...

IMPORTING MONEY FILES DUP ENTRIES
I have been unable to run money98 files in money2003.Tried importing files but all tranfers between accounts are duplicated. Don't understand how to import all the accounts at once. I created new accounts in 2003 and imported one by one, but any transactions between accounts is duplicated. Follow the prompts on the import file dialog that tell you to select multiple files to import at the same time. There are other guidelines if investment accounts are involved. You might want to review postings on this subject in the group archives at http://groups.google.com. "JAYNE" &l...

Exchange 2003: Missing emails
Hello, Strange problem, not sure if anyone else experiencing: We are running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2000 SP4. A manager came to me and asked where some files had gone in their folders. I checked through their mailbox, and sure enough the emails that had been filed away were missing. Checking through the backups, the email was last in the folder about 2 weeks ago. Does anyone know how i would audit what has happened here? i am not asking what has happened to these emails, but moreso who has accessed this mailbox, and when, in the last 2 weeks, thanks in advance John- Did your...

Importing into Access 2000
I have a text file 13187 characters long. It will not import or link. Any suggestions? Hi William, Suggestions? First one is to give us a bit more information: What happens when you try? Can you import other text files? What's different about this one? Separated or delimited? How many fields? Where did it originate? On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 14:57:16 -0800, "William Madison" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a text file 13187 characters long. It will not >import or link. Any suggestions? -- John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP] Please respond in th...

Unable to receive email from CRM to Outlook
Hi, I have configured the CRM router and am trying to send mail from CRM. I am able to send the mail without any error in CRM. When I click the send button the email form closes. However, I am not getting the mail in outlook. Can anyone provide any hints on what could be the problem... Thanks and Regards Amit Amit, Is it an internal mail? the CRM Exchange Router only works with external mail. Thanks Simon "AmitK" <amitkarnik78@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129643395.576146.287270@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I have configured the CRM r...

Emails are automatically opening
When I select an email in outlook xp the emails are automatically opening the first highlighted email. Yes, ;) I have checked my settings in folder views - double click is selected, even if I reset it to single then back to double still no go. Also once I close a message, the next one automatically opens - just close not move or deletes. ...