Enable send only account

I'd like to set one account to be able to send but not to receive.

I've tried leaving the receive account blank but it won't let me do that.

So I put in an invalid account and that works but I get error messages firom
OE now amnd then

Is there a better way?

thanks

0
Cal
11/25/2009 1:31:16 AM
outlookexpress.general 525 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Not for spamming purposes, I hope?

Tools | Options | Servers. Munge the Incoming, (Pop3), info and see if that
works without error messages.

If no joy, create a message rule.

Where the To line contains people.
Delete it from server.
Click on the blue Contains and enter the e-mail address.
--

              Bruce Hagen
            MS-MVP  [Mail]

" Cal Who" <CalWhoQQ@roadrunner.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to set one account to be able to send but not to receive.
>
> I've tried leaving the receive account blank but it won't let me do that.
>
> So I put in an invalid account and that works but I get error messages
> firom OE now amnd then
>
> Is there a better way?
>

> thanks

0
Bruce
11/25/2009 1:49:01 AM
  Cal Who wrote:
> I'd like to set one account to be able to send but not to receive.
>
> I've tried leaving the receive account blank but it won't let me do that.
>
> So I put in an invalid account and that works but I get error messages firom
> OE now amnd then
>
> Is there a better way?
>

> thanks

Uncheck "Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing" for
that account's properties. The account will be still available through
the "From" drop-down-box when sending mail. Receiving mail will only be
through a manual "Send/Recv".

Mohan...
0
Mohan
11/25/2009 2:21:16 AM
I don't find Servers under tools/options

But I did find spelling and the language is French - not very useful for me.
Is that a working parameter.
If it is I'd like to set it to English(USA) but the dropdown list contains
only French.

Thanks

"Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
> Not for spamming purposes, I hope?
>
> Tools | Options | Servers. Munge the Incoming, (Pop3), info and see if
> that works without error messages.
>
> If no joy, create a message rule.
>
> Where the To line contains people.
> Delete it from server.
> Click on the blue Contains and enter the e-mail address.
> --
>
>              Bruce Hagen
>            MS-MVP  [Mail]
>          Imperial Beach, CA
>

> " Cal Who" <CalWhoQQ@roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>> I'd like to set one account to be able to send but not to receive.
>>
>> I've tried leaving the receive account blank but it won't let me do that.
>>
>> So I put in an invalid account and that works but I get error messages
>> firom OE now amnd then
>>
>> Is there a better way?
>>

>> thanks

0
Cal
11/25/2009 2:39:16 AM
"Mohan..." <mohan@win2k.sp4> wrote in message
>  Cal Who wrote:
>> I'd like to set one account to be able to send but not to receive.
>>
>> I've tried leaving the receive account blank but it won't let me do that.
>>
>> So I put in an invalid account and that works but I get error messages
>> firom OE now amnd then
>>
>> Is there a better way?
>>

>> thanks
>
> Uncheck "Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing" for
> that account's properties. The account will be still available through the
> "From" drop-down-box when sending mail. Receiving mail will only be
> through a manual "Send/Recv".
>
> Mohan...

did that, thanks

0
Cal
11/25/2009 2:40:00 AM
Sorry. Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Servers.
--

>I don't find Servers under tools/options
>
> But I did find spelling and the language is French - not very useful for
> me.
> Is that a working parameter.
> If it is I'd like to set it to English(USA) but the dropdown list contains
> only French.
>

> Thanks
>

> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
>> Not for spamming purposes, I hope?
>>
>> Tools | Options | Servers. Munge the Incoming, (Pop3), info and see if
>> that works without error messages.
>>
>> If no joy, create a message rule.
>>
>> Where the To line contains people.
>> Delete it from server.
>> Click on the blue Contains and enter the e-mail address.
>> --
>>
>>              Bruce Hagen
>>            MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>          Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> " Cal Who" <CalWhoQQ@roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>>> I'd like to set one account to be able to send but not to receive.
>>>
>>> I've tried leaving the receive account blank but it won't let me do
>>> that.
>>>
>>> So I put in an invalid account and that works but I get error messages
>>> firom OE now amnd then
>>>
>>> Is there a better way?
>>>

>>> thanks

0
Bruce
11/25/2009 2:43:23 AM
  Cal Who wrote:
> "Mohan..." <mohan@win2k.sp4> wrote in message
>>  Cal Who wrote:
>>> I'd like to set one account to be able to send but not to receive.
>>>
>>> I've tried leaving the receive account blank but it won't let me do that.
>>>
>>> So I put in an invalid account and that works but I get error messages
>>> firom OE now amnd then
>>>
>>> Is there a better way?
>>>

>>> thanks
>> Uncheck "Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing" for
>> that account's properties. The account will be still available through the
>> "From" drop-down-box when sending mail. Receiving mail will only be
>> through a manual "Send/Recv".
>>
>> Mohan...
>
> did that, thanks

Thanks. POP3 settings to receive can be legitimate than leaving blank,
as the account will not be included with other accounts while polling
for new messages.

Mohan...
0
Mohan
11/25/2009 3:48:17 AM
>  Cal Who wrote:
>> "Mohan..." <mohan@win2k.sp4> wrote in message

>>> Uncheck "Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing" for
>>> that account's properties. The account will be still available through
>>> the "From" drop-down-box when sending mail. Receiving mail will only be
>>> through a manual "Send/Recv".
>>>
>>> Mohan...
>>
>> did that, thanks
>
> Thanks. POP3 settings to receive can be legitimate than leaving blank, as
> the account will not be included with other accounts while polling for new
> messages.
>
> Mohan...

Thanks

0
Cal
11/25/2009 9:31:51 AM
looks good so far.

> Sorry. Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Servers.
> --
>
>              Bruce Hagen
>            MS-MVP  [Mail]
>          Imperial Beach, CA
>

> " Cal Who" <CalWhoQQ@roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>>I don't find Servers under tools/options
>>
>> But I did find spelling and the language is French - not very useful for
>> me.
>> Is that a working parameter.
>> If it is I'd like to set it to English(USA) but the dropdown list
>> contains only French.

I fixed it in word

>> Thanks
>>

>> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Not for spamming purposes, I hope?
>>>
>>> Tools | Options | Servers. Munge the Incoming, (Pop3), info and see if
>>> that works without error messages.
>>>
>>> If no joy, create a message rule.
>>>
>>> Where the To line contains people.
>>> Delete it from server.
>>> Click on the blue Contains and enter the e-mail address.
>>> --
>>>
>>>              Bruce Hagen
>>>            MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>>          Imperial Beach, CA
>>>

>>> " Cal Who" <CalWhoQQ@roadrunner.com> wrote in message

0
Cal

Removing the SMTP administrator@mydomain.com account
I want to remove SMTP address for the administrator or replace with a fake account. I was told there is a GP that prevents me from doing so. I can confirm this by deleting the SMTP address and adding a fake SMTP address but within a few minutes the administrator@mydomain.com reappears as the primary SMTP. Where is this Group Policy. I've search high and low and cannot find it. I need to do this for a few reasons. One is I have no need for the administrator to recieve external email and second is that some SPAM is still slipping in past my filters. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Al...

Unit accounts
How can I view unit accounts and delete them. When I tried to see them from Cards Financial I can't get the account to come up. You probably don't have security to delete them if you cannot open them "LASM" wrote: > How can I view unit accounts and delete them. When I tried to see them from > Cards Financial I can't get the account to come up. No I am in as SA "Gloria" wrote: > You probably don't have security to delete them if you cannot open them > > "LASM" wrote: > > > How can I view unit accounts and delete the...

Multiple POP ACcounts
I have two different POP accounts configured. I want to know how to configure outlook to download the mail from the accounts into different folders, that way I don't have to seperate it myself. I am using Outlook 2003. Thanks "Rashaad Balbale" <Rashaad Balbale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A6E7291-E095-4C7C-9D42-B8150F60025D@microsoft.com... >I have two different POP accounts configured. I want to know how to >configure > outlook to download the mail from the accounts into different folders, > that > way I don't have to seperat...

Which users are sending emails??
Hi All, I am new to MS Exchange, I am finding difficult to see which users are sending emails. I can see the flow of emails in the Queue services but when I right clicked on the specific email then choose properties, I can't see who is sending the email. Does anyone know how to see who has send an email in the Queue service or anywhere else?? Regards John Smith ...

Immediate Outlook Help-Sending messages
Hello Everyone, My outlook was working fine until about 3 weeks ago when it decided to stop allowing me to send messages out. This actually happened before and I had to uninstall my operating system and re install to get it to work. Well, I really don't want to go through that again. Something appears to be blocking it's access. I can receive messages but, can not respond. I receive the following error message: Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact ...

How to Configure Outlook to Use a Yahoo! POP3 Account?
I did everything to put my yahoo! account in the Outlook, but it shows errors. I went to the Yahoo.com and did everything and didn't work. Help me please... Are you using their premium service or the free one? What version of Outlook are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: John <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I did everything to put my yahoo! account in the Outlook, | but it shows errors. I went to the Yahoo.com and did | everything ...

Display account description in Requisition item entry
Display the account description for the selected account in the Item Entry screen in Business Portal Requistion Management. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=...

Deny ability to mail-enable groups
Anyone know how to specifically deny a user or group the ability to mail-enable groups in an OU? I've tried to deny a group at the OU level on group objects. It seems that if a user or group has the ability to create a new group they also have the ability to mail-enable it. I've set deny permissions on all attribute except for the required attributes to create a group. But they still have access to create the email address for some reason. Any ideas? ...

How can multiple users access same mailbox and send as that mailbox name?
Hi Folks, I'm hoping this turns out to be a dumb question with an easy solution: My customer wants both user-1 and user-2 to receive all mail addressed to user-3@company.com. Additionally, the customer wants user-1 and user-2 to send all their mail mail with user-3@company.com as the default sender address. User-1 and user-2 should be able to see all mail sent with the user-3@company.com sender address, whether sent by user-1 or by user-2. Any changes, deletions, etc, made by user-1 should be seen by user-2 and vice versa. Thanks for your help! Frank Frank Denman Den...

Disable/ Enable HTML messages
Hi all, Is there a way to disable HTML messages in Outlook 2000?? I am trying to make it so that I will not receive HTML messages. Thanks There is not a native method - WYB from Grinningshark.com can convert the messages to plain text or use Chilton Preview to read the messages instead of Outlook's preview pane or opening the messages. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-ti...

Unable to print to shared printer with normal user accounts
I recently updated one of the client workstations on my network. This workstation hosted two shared printers, a Dell 948 and a HP 1600 Color Laserjet. Both are connected via USB. Prior to upgrading, any user was able to print to either printer from any workstation. However since I have upgraded, all users can print to the Dell from any workstation, but the only users which can print to the HP are the Administator account or user accounts with admin privledges, from workstations other than the one the HP is connected. When a non-admin user trys to print from another workstation the ...

Send Exchange mail first than send mail in local Laptop.
I work offline with my Outlook Mail on my Laptop. When I connect to my Exchange Server 5.5 it trys to send out my mails. If my Exchange mailbox is full the Server does not sent out my mail. It sents back to my Laptop as undelivered mail. Then it download all my mails from my Exchange mailbox to my local Laptop Outlook Mailbox. Now as my Exchange Server Mailbox is empty I am able to send mails. So I have to resent all the undelivered mail. If the Exchange Server downloads all my incomming mails first and sent out my mails later than I would not have the above problem as my Exchange mail...

Why is Outlook 03 synchronizing folders with every send?
Running Outlook 2003 and WIN XP/SP2. With every send attempt, I get an icon and a message Outlook synchronizing folders. Send and receive times have increased tremendously. I was online with my ISP and they claim issue is on my end. I use cable modem and my web-based mail works fine using Time Warner website. This occurs on my laptop but not on my desktop. Suggestions? ...

How to enable read-only acces to a mailbox (at server level)
We've set up a couple of mailboxes that need to have read-only permissions at server level on all folders. For anyone to have full access to someone else's mailbox, we normally add that user in the Security-tab of the mailbox with Full Control. And on the Exchange Advanced tab we add the user with Read and Full Mailbox Access permissions. So what if I only want read access ? On the Exchange Advanced Tab I added the user with just Read Permissions. But what do I need to set on the Security Tab for the user to be able to read any folder in the mailbox ? Greetings Richard On F...

Outlook and E-mail Accounts
Hello there, Here is my problem... I have just recently added another e-mail account to my outlook. My old e-mail address (COX.NET) is my default, all info in incoming and out-going servers are correct. I can receive e-mails through outlook for my COX.NET e-mail address (only e-mail address I use), but cannot send new e-mails or reply to e-mails received through outlook. I recently moved out of the COX service area (COX account is still active), and had to change my ISP provider to ATT.NET. Is this the reason that my COX.NET mail does not send through my outlook? Is there a way to...

IMAP in Outlook Express
IMAP accounts in OE have a special tab called IMAP. This tab enables by default special folders: Sent Items ("Sent Items path") and Drafts ("Drafts path"). But since there's just one checkbox, how can one enable just ONE of the special folders? Blank entries aren't accepted. That's it, that's the question. For those of you who might ask "who needs to enable just one folder?" instead of answering the question, I'll provide a real life example. Gmail's instructions clearly state: enable Drafts WITHOUT enabling Sent Items, a...

Sending mail 02-01-10
I just set up a new acct. I can receive email fine just having problems sending email. I have changed my outgoing server and sent a message to the test address and it says its working. If I send to anyone besides the test address I get a message back from mail administator.saying mail system error in subject. Using AT&T Air Card? - -- bstanley To get help, you will need to provide more information than that. Note that it is unlikely the problem is a Windows Mail problem. You say "mail system error" but that is not enough. Can you copy and paste the relev...

Ver 10-Adding a new GL account message
Hi Folks Does anyone know how to permanently switch off the message that appears if you are adding a new GL account and you a defining a segment that has not been created in segment maintenance? I'd like to be able to switch off that prompt permanantly at a few clients as they do not want to make use of that functionality. This message also causes havoc when adding new account via Integration Manager. Many thanks Sheila The message already have "Don't Show" checkbox, right?! -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - ...

send(): socket programming
hi, I am trying to send some data using sockets. I have written like this, fileContentBuffer = (char *)calloc(32,sizeof(int)); char *returnChar=itoa( fileNameLength, fileContentBuffer, 10 ); returnValue = send(mySocket,fileContentBuffer,32,0); the returnValue I am getting is some negative number like "-858993460". could u please tell me the reason for this, due to this receiver is getting some extra bytes. please solve my problem. thank you, sirisha. sirisha wrote: > hi, > > I am trying to send some data using sockets. > > I have written like this, > ...

Cannot send web pages by email
I used to be able to send web pages by email, but now I cannot do it. At least not directly. If I select "send page by email", I get Outlook 2003 SP2 starting, but then I get "This message has not been sent". Clicking "Send" makes no difference. How can I fix this problem? Thanks, Allan ...

Can't reply to e-mail or send e-mail
Can not reply ,forword or send any E-Mails ! On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 16:07:13 -0400, "Gabriel A.Williams Sr." <williamssrgabriela@yahoo.com> wrote: >Can not reply ,forword or send any E-Mails ! I would suggest that you post in a forum supporting your email software, or contact Yahoo. This forum is for the database software Microsoft Access, and not the right place for your question. When you do find a forum for your email, please indicate what program you're using and enough information that someone who cannot see your screen might have a chance to answer. -...

Analytical Accounting GP10 Reporting Periods
Hi, I have just installed AA on a GP10 company. Everything installed great. The AA setup was run and went through without a problem. I setup dimensions and codes e.t.c, and posted transactions with analysis detail. However when I tried to do a AA distirbution query - I got erros that whatever period I entered e.g. 0 or 6 e.t.c. was invalid. I then looked at the AA Options setup under Reporting Periods and found that all my years up to 2005 had reporting periods data completed, but all years after this were blank. I am also unable to generate these periods. I have tried dropping and recre...

outlook 2002 sending error
can't send e-mail, recieve system administrator error message: 550 not local host whatever.com, not a gateway please help Go into the Properties of the email account select More Settings > Outgoing server and check "My Outgoing Server requires Authentication", if this doesn't work I would contact your ISP "john" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:008f01c3d920$6d528010$a101280a@phx.gbl... > can't send e-mail, recieve system administrator error > message: 550 not local host whatever.com, not a gateway > > please ...

Outlook SEND won't work until fetch
If I compose a message in Outlook and click SEND, the >message does not get sent. Then when I close Outlook, I >get a dialog box which says I have message(s) in my >outbox, do I still want to close? > >I found that the next time I do a fetch email command, >Outlook sends whatever was left in the outbox the last >time I closed the program. > >How do I get the program to send messages when I click >SEND? > >TIA, >Jack We have this exact problem at work with a few of our Outlook 2000 installations. This key combo works for them: CTRL+ENTER >...