Copying content of Email

Hi, I need to copy and paste the contence of an email to a text file (the
email is 8701kb) but I get a message on the bottom of the OE page that i`m
trying to copy saying "searching message for hyperlinks" and it takes ages
before I can paste it.

How can I turn this off

0
kim
3/7/2010 8:02:32 PM
outlookexpress.general 525 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Can't you just save the e-mail as a txt file? File | Save As. Change the
file type from eml to txt at the bottom. You can then open and edit the
txt file.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"kim" <xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I need to copy and paste the contence of an email to a text file
> (the email is 8701kb) but I get a message on the bottom of the OE page
> that i`m trying to copy saying "searching message for hyperlinks" and it
> takes ages before I can paste it.
>
> How can I turn this off

0
Bruce
3/7/2010 8:15:48 PM
Now why didn`t I think of that. LOL
Thanks Bruce
ps. is there a way to stop "searching message for hyperlinks" message ? I`m
running AVG but a far as I can remember on the custom install I dissabled
email scanning, I think the message is comming from OE

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> Can't you just save the e-mail as a txt file? File | Save As. Change the
> file type from eml to txt at the bottom. You can then open and edit the
> txt file.
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "kim" <xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com> wrote in message
>> Hi, I need to copy and paste the contence of an email to a text file (the
>> email is 8701kb) but I get a message on the bottom of the OE page that
>> i`m trying to copy saying "searching message for hyperlinks" and it takes
>> ages before I can paste it.
>>
>> How can I turn this off

0
kim
3/7/2010 8:48:06 PM
YW. Do you know if the search is coming from AVG? If you're not sure,
click File | Work Offline so you have no connection to the Internet.
Disable AVG entirely. Does the search stop? You may have to close OE and
re-open to be sure.

If it is AVG, look around in the AVG Security Center and see if you can
find anything. Otherwise, remove AVG and do a custom installation and
scrutinize every option while installing. Opt out of e-mail scanning for
one. Usually wit AVG, just unchecking it is not good enough.
--

> Now why didn`t I think of that. LOL
> Thanks Bruce
> ps. is there a way to stop "searching message for hyperlinks" message ?
> I`m running AVG but a far as I can remember on the custom install I
> dissabled email scanning, I think the message is comming from OE
>

> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> Can't you just save the e-mail as a txt file? File | Save As. Change
>> the file type from eml to txt at the bottom. You can then open and edit
>> the txt file.
>> --
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "kim" <xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi, I need to copy and paste the contence of an email to a text file
>>> (the email is 8701kb) but I get a message on the bottom of the OE page
>>> that i`m trying to copy saying "searching message for hyperlinks" and
>>> it takes ages before I can paste it.
>>>
>>> How can I turn this off

0
Bruce
3/7/2010 9:04:02 PM
That is from OE. It's the thing that highlights hyperlinks in text.
You don't notice it on most messages because they are short. It becomes
noticeable on large files such as the one in question.
If there's a way to turn it off, I haven't been able to find it.

> YW. Do you know if the search is coming from AVG? If you're not sure,
> click File | Work Offline so you have no connection to the Internet.
> Disable AVG entirely. Does the search stop? You may have to close OE and
> re-open to be sure.
>
> If it is AVG, look around in the AVG Security Center and see if you can
> find anything. Otherwise, remove AVG and do a custom installation and
> scrutinize every option while installing. Opt out of e-mail scanning for
> one. Usually wit AVG, just unchecking it is not good enough.
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "kim" <xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com> wrote in message
>> Now why didn`t I think of that. LOL
>> Thanks Bruce
>> ps. is there a way to stop "searching message for hyperlinks" message ?
>> I`m running AVG but a far as I can remember on the custom install I
>> dissabled email scanning, I think the message is comming from OE
>>

>> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Can't you just save the e-mail as a txt file? File | Save As. Change the
>>> file type from eml to txt at the bottom. You can then open and edit the
>>> txt file.
>>> --
>>>           Bruce Hagen
>>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>>

>>> "kim" <xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com> wrote in message

0
Doug
3/7/2010 10:52:05 PM
That makes sence Doug,
when the message reaches 100% then it`s ok, just never seen it because of
the file size(poker hand histories)

"Doug McCrary" <dougmccrary@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> That is from OE. It's the thing that highlights hyperlinks in text.
> You don't notice it on most messages because they are short. It becomes
> noticeable on large files such as the one in question.
> If there's a way to turn it off, I haven't been able to find it.
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> YW. Do you know if the search is coming from AVG? If you're not sure,
>> click File | Work Offline so you have no connection to the Internet.
>> Disable AVG entirely. Does the search stop? You may have to close OE and
>> re-open to be sure.
>>
>> If it is AVG, look around in the AVG Security Center and see if you can
>> find anything. Otherwise, remove AVG and do a custom installation and
>> scrutinize every option while installing. Opt out of e-mail scanning for
>> one. Usually wit AVG, just unchecking it is not good enough.
>> --
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "kim" <xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com> wrote in message
>>> Now why didn`t I think of that. LOL
>>> Thanks Bruce
>>> ps. is there a way to stop "searching message for hyperlinks" message ?
>>> I`m running AVG but a far as I can remember on the custom install I
>>> dissabled email scanning, I think the message is comming from OE
>>>

>>> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

0
kim
3/8/2010 12:04:41 AM
Color me confused. OE doesn't *search* messages for hyperlinks. Unless I
turned something off eight years ago and don't remember.
--

> That makes sence Doug,
> when the message reaches 100% then it`s ok, just never seen it because
> of the file size(poker hand histories)
>
> "Doug McCrary" <dougmccrary@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> That is from OE. It's the thing that highlights hyperlinks in text.
>> You don't notice it on most messages because they are short. It becomes
>> noticeable on large files such as the one in question.
>> If there's a way to turn it off, I haven't been able to find it.
>>
>> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>>> YW. Do you know if the search is coming from AVG? If you're not sure,
>>> click File | Work Offline so you have no connection to the Internet.
>>> Disable AVG entirely. Does the search stop? You may have to close OE
>>> and re-open to be sure.
>>>
>>> If it is AVG, look around in the AVG Security Center and see if you
>>> can find anything. Otherwise, remove AVG and do a custom installation
>>> and scrutinize every option while installing. Opt out of e-mail
>>> scanning for one. Usually wit AVG, just unchecking it is not good
>>> enough.
>>> --
>>>           Bruce Hagen
>>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>>

>>> "kim" <xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com> wrote in message

0
Bruce
3/8/2010 12:58:50 AM
It happens when rendering I think, probably an IE html dll thingy.

Was a real PITA in binary groups on a slow 486. Sometimes an attachment
became text in the message body and took almost forever before you could
do anything at all - all just to highlight every string with a "@" in
it.

> Color me confused. OE doesn't *search* messages for hyperlinks. Unless
> I turned something off eight years ago and don't remember.
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "kim" <xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com> wrote in message
>> That makes sence Doug,
>> when the message reaches 100% then it`s ok, just never seen it
>> because of the file size(poker hand histories)
>>
>> "Doug McCrary" <dougmccrary@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>>> That is from OE. It's the thing that highlights hyperlinks in text.
>>> You don't notice it on most messages because they are short. It
>>> becomes noticeable on large files such as the one in question.
>>> If there's a way to turn it off, I haven't been able to find it.
>>>
>>> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

0
FromTheRafters
3/8/2010 1:28:41 AM
Never heard of or encounter the behavior here.

Doug McCrary wrote:
> That is from OE. It's the thing that highlights hyperlinks in text.
> You don't notice it on most messages because they are short. It becomes
> noticeable on large files such as the one in question.
> If there's a way to turn it off, I haven't been able to find it.
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> YW. Do you know if the search is coming from AVG? If you're not sure,
>> click File | Work Offline so you have no connection to the Internet.
>> Disable AVG entirely. Does the search stop? You may have to close OE and
>> re-open to be sure.
>>
>> If it is AVG, look around in the AVG Security Center and see if you can
>> find anything. Otherwise, remove AVG and do a custom installation and
>> scrutinize every option while installing. Opt out of e-mail scanning for
>> one. Usually wit AVG, just unchecking it is not good enough.
>> --
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "kim" <xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com> wrote in message
>>> Now why didn`t I think of that. LOL
>>> Thanks Bruce
>>> ps. is there a way to stop "searching message for hyperlinks" message ?
>>> I`m running AVG but a far as I can remember on the custom install I
>>> dissabled email scanning, I think the message is comming from OE
>>>

>>> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

0
PA
3/8/2010 1:29:48 AM
Right. Tip:
If you need to do a (re)combine & decode of a binary, and the last part is
already downloaded, it's faster to highlight last part first and select up
to the first part. That short-circuits the search, because OE/WLM then sees
that it _is_ a binary file.

"FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
> It happens when rendering I think, probably an IE html dll thingy.
>
> Was a real PITA in binary groups on a slow 486. Sometimes an attachment
> became text in the message body and took almost forever before you could
> do anything at all - all just to highlight every string with a "@" in it.
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> Color me confused. OE doesn't *search* messages for hyperlinks. Unless I
>> turned something off eight years ago and don't remember.
>> --
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "kim" <xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com> wrote in message
>>> That makes sence Doug,
>>> when the message reaches 100% then it`s ok, just never seen it because
>>> of the file size(poker hand histories)
>>>
>>> "Doug McCrary" <dougmccrary@spamcop.net> wrote in message

0
Doug
3/8/2010 1:39:30 AM
I have never run across anything like that.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
> It happens when rendering I think, probably an IE html dll thingy.
>
> Was a real PITA in binary groups on a slow 486. Sometimes an attachment
> became text in the message body and took almost forever before you could
> do anything at all - all just to highlight every string with a "@" in
> it.
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> Color me confused. OE doesn't *search* messages for hyperlinks. Unless
>> I turned something off eight years ago and don't remember.
>> --
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "kim" <xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com> wrote in message
>>> That makes sence Doug,
>>> when the message reaches 100% then it`s ok, just never seen it because
>>> of the file size(poker hand histories)
>>>
>>> "Doug McCrary" <dougmccrary@spamcop.net> wrote in message

0
Bruce
3/8/2010 1:41:19 AM
I was running W95 and/or W98 at the time, and have not since visited any
binary groups. My belief is that it happens all of the time but is
usually too fast to be a noticeable output event.

I used to write simple graphics programs in QBASIC - kind of like
spirographs. Eventually, computers became so fast that I had to write
delay loops to get the desired effects. My Packard Bell even had a
"turbo boost" button for programs that required a slower computer. That
lightning fast desktop in the fast "Turbo Boost" mode was the "slow 486"
I mentioned - so slow that dialup was not a bottleneck. When Windows
repainted the screen, you could almost see the scaffolding being
assembled. :o)

>I have never run across anything like that.
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
>> It happens when rendering I think, probably an IE html dll thingy.
>>
>> Was a real PITA in binary groups on a slow 486. Sometimes an
>> attachment became text in the message body and took almost forever
>> before you could do anything at all - all just to highlight every
>> string with a "@" in it.
>>
>> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Color me confused. OE doesn't *search* messages for hyperlinks.
>>> Unless I turned something off eight years ago and don't remember.
>>> --
>>>           Bruce Hagen
>>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>>

>>> "kim" <xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com> wrote in message

0
FromTheRafters
3/8/2010 3:34:46 AM
I do the following all the time.

I just go to Edit/File copy (do not highlight or select any text in the
e-mail msg) and paste into my preferred word processor.

Perhaps this avoids the searching, which I do not recall seeing, even though
I get big messages sometimes, big because of embedded images.

I save as ASCII text file to keep the file size down and to make it legible
in a variety of word processors but, of course, one can save as a .doc file
is using Word { which I try to avoid... :-) }.

The entire msg is seen, including the From, To and Subject lines, plus date.

Perhaps it helps.

DAS

To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
--
"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> Can't you just save the e-mail as a txt file? File | Save As. Change the
> file type from eml to txt at the bottom. You can then open and edit the
> txt file.
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "kim" <xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com> wrote in message
>> Hi, I need to copy and paste the contence of an email to a text file (the
>> email is 8701kb) but I get a message on the bottom of the OE page that
>> i`m trying to copy saying "searching message for hyperlinks" and it takes
>> ages before I can paste it.
>>
>> How can I turn this off

0
DAS
3/8/2010 11:21:52 AM
That searching for hyperlinks has been an issue since OE5.  It's going
through to make URLs in a plain text message clickable (blue and
underlined)

But it only comes up if you have a very large text message.  Most people
won't ever see it unless you are doing a combine and decode for a
multipart message with attachment and have the preview page enabled.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> Color me confused. OE doesn't *search* messages for hyperlinks. Unless
> I turned something off eight years ago and don't remember.
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "kim" <xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com> wrote in message
>> That makes sence Doug,
>> when the message reaches 100% then it`s ok, just never seen it
>> because of the file size(poker hand histories)
>>
>> "Doug McCrary" <dougmccrary@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>>> That is from OE. It's the thing that highlights hyperlinks in text.
>>> You don't notice it on most messages because they are short. It
>>> becomes noticeable on large files such as the one in question.
>>> If there's a way to turn it off, I haven't been able to find it.
>>>
>>> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

0
Michael

upgrade to panther can't find old emails
Once I upgraded to panther I can't find old emails from outlook. The only way I can find them is if I start up with system 9.2 I would like to transfer my old outlook emails to apple mail without having to send them all to myself. Help! Thanks, Victor use system 9.2 to locate the folder where the mail is and put it in a shared location both OS can see or move it to cd or another computer. go back to panther and find the mail in the shared location or on cd. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Vi...

Copying a MetaFile to the Clipboard
I am trying to copy a metafile to the clipboard using the following code (which is similar to numerous examples I found on the internet): void CCopyTestView::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { // Variable initializations COleDataSource* pSource; CMetaFileDC metaDC; STGMEDIUM data; CClientDC dc(this); // Prepare variables pSource = new COleDataSource; // Create enhance metafile metaDC.CreateEnhanced(&dc, NULL, NULL, "XYGraph"); // Draw into metafile metaDC.MoveTo(0, 0); metaDC.LineTo(100, 100); // Prepare data structure data.hEnhMetaFile = metaD...

Creating an autosend email macro
Whenever I log in to my machine when I first get to work I would like to have an email sent to my boss that lets him know that I am in the building. I tried the macros but I am only used to doing macros with step-by-step recording not with the VB editor. How do I go about doing this? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/olforms/skedrpt.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Out...

Unable to move email from Inbox to Archive Folder
I get the message "Can't move the items. The item could not be moved. It was either already moved or deleted or access was denied" when I try to move emails from Inbox to an archive folder. I am using Outlook 2000 Corporate Any assistance to get over this issue is appreciated. Regards, Agnel How big is the archive file and how many items are in the folder you're trying to move the item to? (You might also want to answer those questions about your main .PST file and the Inbox folder...) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be...

cant use word as email editor
I have Office XP Small Business edition installed on my computer... Since a few weeks I cant use Word not anymore as email editor. I used it before and it worked out good... I guess when I tried to customize my templates I messed it up... I am getting now the message Word is either busy or cannot be found How can I restore Outlook and or Word to use it again? I did already de- and re-install Office complete... and use the repair option... it all doesnt help... I posted a message 2 Days ago but it didnt got shown up ...

Can't send or receive email to POP3 users on same doman--HELP!
All, I can't seem to resolve this, and I'm hoping someone here has some info. We have SBS 2003 and Exchange is having a heck of a time. It can't seem to send messages to ANY POP3 users on its own domain. What's worse, I no longer get notifications bounced back to the sender--they think the message has gone, but it hasn't, and the recipient doesn't even know there was a message. When Exchange was set up, the 5 e-mail accounts within this company were added. They're all POP3 accounts, and were working fine before the server was installed. (There was no previous serv...

unable to receive emails
I can send emails but have been informed that several of my contacts have sent me emails that I have not received. My email account is with tisacali, and was working ok up to about two weeks or so ago. Has anyone any ideas what could be causing the problem. PS I am able to send myself an email. Is this a POP3 account? If you can send a message to yourself, it would seem you don't have any problem, but try this. Send a message to a few of your contacts separately, not CCs or BCCs. Ask them to: A: Send you a new message. B: Reply to the message you just sent. See if yo...

Excel charts copied to powerpoint
I have a chart in excel that we copy and paste as an enhanced metafile into powerpoint. There are multiple data series in the chart. One data point within one of the data series it does not show up once copied into powerpoint. This has never happened to me before and this process has been used for about a year now. Any suggestions or help is appreciated!! Thanks!!! Meg Partridge, Sounds like it is truncating it for you. Did you try and resize the area of insertion (make bigger) to capture all data series? Dennis "Meg Partridge" wrote: > I have a chart in excel that...

Prescheduling email
Is there a procedure in Outlook 2003 for prescheduling an email to automatically send at a specified date and time? I can specify a "Do not send before" date & time, but that only stores it in the Outbox and it must still be manually sent. This is for corporate educational mailings internal to my organization. I am not trying to generate SPAM. Any help will be appreciated. VBNick Are you connecting to an Exchange server or not? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www....

Email question #4
Hi Can you please let me know how to stop Outlook opening if I click an email address online? Thank you G'Day Julia, If you were browsing the Web and you clicked a hyperlink for another page, you would be upset if nothing happened. An email address (in a web page, a Word document etc) that is also a hyperlink is DESIGNED to cause your browser (Word etc) to open your default email application, and supply it that address. A lot of people would be upset if it did not!! Don't click an email hyperlink unless you want to sent an email to it. -- Regards, Pat Garard Melbourne, Aust...

Copy sheet
Hi, I have a time sheet (only one sheet in the workbook), at end of each 4 week period users clicks new month - this clears sheet, puts new dates in and carries forward current hours (credit, debit). I want to be able the workbook to save a copy to a new sheet (within same workbook), then clear times etc in main sheet (Sheet1 only). I have the following which works but want to rename the new sheet (Sheet1 (2) ) to Period 1, then next month period 2 etc. Thanks Sub CopySheet() Sheets("Sheet1").Select Sheets("Sheet1").Copy After:=Sheets(2) Sheets("Sheet1 (...

How send email inline (not as attachment) from Word 2007?
In Word 2003, when I have a document open I can click File | Send To | and then choose Mail Recipient to have Word open Outlook and email the document as text inside the message, not as an attachment. However, in Word 2007 when I click on the MS Office button and choose Send, that option sends it as an attachment. There doesn't seem to be an option to send it inline. Any thoughts? Thanks. Add the "Send to Mail Recipient" item to the Quick Access Toolbar. You will find it in the All Commands group. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless y...

email sounds
Everytime I try to insert a sound to run asa a background when an email message is opened I get the error message "This message was created in HTMLInlineSoundCtl. This application is not available to open this object....." What gives? I can't seem to crack this one. Thanks for any help This was broken by a recent SP and is on the list for a fix. Note: the video is also broken. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted...

recover email
hi; If there is no backup of any sort, is there a way to recover deleted email in exchange 2003. Thanks Hi, "Chet Guzel" <chet@nestech.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:%23dJpnQ7gFHA.2472@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > hi; > If there is no backup of any sort, is there a way to recover deleted email > in exchange 2003. you can activate deleted item retension time directly on your stores (priv und pub) via Systemmanager. This might be to late if the mails is deleted before this feature is activated. In theory, the deleting item "progress" is also stored ...

Deleted email reappears Outlook 2003
Even if I empty the deleted items folder. Say I receive 27 items and delete them and then empty the deleted items folder. At the next Send/Receive they all come back as new...sometimes multiple copies of each email. Are you using POP3? Do you have it set to leave items on the server? <nospam@meatonconsulting.com> wrote in message news:1130882936.178572.252550@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Even if I empty the deleted items folder. Say I receive > 27 items and delete them and then empty the deleted items > folder. At the next Send/Receive they all come back as > n...

OL 2003: tools for managing a large number of email rules
I have over 40 email rules to process incoming messages and sort them into diffrent folders. Mostly these are messages for different listservs. Some are from my bank, from eBay or Travelocity, etc., Some are from specific people like my wife or kids. Problem is, how do I manage all this? Is there any way to print out the list of rules or the rules themselves? Is there any way to edit them with a third-party tool outside of Outlook? I've looked at slipstick, I've googled, etc, and I can't find anything that meets this need. I would even be willing to do a bit of VBA, if someo...

How to export Project contents to excel
Can anyone tell me how the contents of a project be exported to an excel file? -- Thanks and Regards, Aravind G Yes, we can tell you. Menu: File/Save As, pick "Save as Type" as Workbook or Pivot table (your choice). If using Project 2007, You'll also want to experiment with Menu: Report/Visual Reports. Hope this works for you. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 04/03/10 08:54, Aravind G wrote: > Can anyone tell me how the contents of a project be exported to an excel file? Hi, in addition with versions older than 2007 you can use to expor...

my email
walidos@hotmail.com ...

when print email, can we show "attachement" filed too?
When print an email message, you get~ From Sent To Subject: (attachment??) My question is how can I get to print "attachment" as well? Not attachement itself but the view within the email message Outlook 2003 with SP1 does this. For all other version you'll need an add-in; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Print-On-Demand.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 -...

"analog copy protection on the output display?"
Hi, I am running Windows XP and operate Windows Media Player 11. I receive the following message when attempting tom play a commercial DVD, "Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because it is not possible to turn on analog copy protection on the output display. Try installing an updated driver for your video card." Can someone enlighten me as to what thsi is all about and how to get around it? Thank you. ...

Password protect emails
Due to the HIPAA regulations, we must "encrypt" outgoing emails. Is it possible to password protect an email, rather than using encryption such as verisign? I didn't see anything in FAQ's that stated encryption was a requirement http://answers.hhs.gov/cgi-bin/hhs.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=wyjo9sah&p_lva=&p_li=&p_srch=1&p_gridsort=&p_row_cnt=223&p_search_text=&p_cat_lvl1=7&p_cat_lvl2=%7Eany%7E&p_group=&p_page=1 or http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/hipaa/privacy.html However do you actually mean encryption as apposed to 'Digitally S...

Fixing a group email account
We just finished migrating from 5.5 to E2K. One of our staff logins (I'll call it staff) had an email account set up for it so that anyone who logged in as staff could view email sent to that account. Apparently that account got screwed up during the migration or during the removal of the ADC. I went in thru AD to have a look at this account and under the Exchange Tasks, the only items that are listed are Enable Instant Messaging and Remove Exchange Attributes. How can I fix this problem? I need to be able to at least recreate the mailbox for this log in. Ay help out ther woul...

how do I keep my background color when I email a newsletter
What procedure do I need to do to keep my background color and shadow's and so forth? Best to convert the file to .pdf (Use the free PrimoPDF if you have no other way of doing it) -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Meramecman" <Meramecman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD484227-1D1E-4543-B56B-59079E4010F9@microsoft.com... > What procedure do I need to do to keep my backgr...

outlook email address to not appear in"To list"
I have many email addresses listed in my outlook contacts list. When I try to us the "To" function in my inbox to locate a email address there are not entries. How do I reconfigure my system to have the email addresses show up in my inbox "to" function". Thanks for any help. Bill I'm using outlook 2002 >-----Original Message----- >What version of Outlook are you using? > >--=81 >Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] > >Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20 intact. > > >After doing some homework by searching Google.gro...

when using the 'contact us' on a web the email reply STAYS in outp
and will NOT always send when opened and hitting the 'send' almost always have to manually go into the emaIL, in the 'send' que and hit the 'send' but this seldome works---usually have ro copy the email body and the url and go into 1 of my emails and send it 'native' a real PIA! and enough to get me to remove the app(if it aint useFULL, its useLESS!) 1-why is it NOT always auto sending (have it set to 1min delay) 2-why must I manually kick it out of the send que I'm NOT a 'power' user---I dable with outlook( and mostly do emails, ...