cc addresses to address book?

I've just become part of a group that receives messages from various members
at irregular intervals. All the email addresses of the group members are
listed in the "to" window. Is there anyway to get these addresses into a
group folder in the address book without having to enter each one
individually? Thanks.

Maggie

0
mag
2/15/2010 6:25:52 PM
outlookexpress.general 525 articles. 0 followers. Follow

See Address Book Help | Create a group of contacts
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

mag wrote:
> I've just become part of a group that receives messages from various
> members
> at irregular intervals. All the email addresses of the group members are
> listed in the "to" window. Is there anyway to get these addresses into a
> group folder in the address book without having to enter each one
> individually? Thanks.
>
> Maggie

0
PA
2/15/2010 6:30:24 PM
To use the BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) feature, in a new message window,
either click View | All Headers and type in the addresses separated by a;
Or: Click the To button. You will see your list of contacts and the choice
of putting them in the To, CC, or BCC field. Click on an address, then
click BCC to add it. Repeat for all the contacts you want. (Note: Most
ISPs have limits as to how many e-mails you can send a one time. 25 is
common, but it varies).

Put your own address in the To box. This is the only address/name that any
recipient will see. If you leave the To field blank, some people may not
receive the e-mail due to message rules they have set up, or restrictions
set by their ISP.

You can also make an entry in the Address Book using your e-mail address,
but putting something like Mailing List in the display field.

*********************

You can also create groups if you send mail to the same people often.

To create a group of contacts:

You can create a single group name (or alias) to use when sending a
message to several contacts at once. Simply create a group name and add
individual contacts to the group. Then, just type the group name in the To
box when you send e-mail.

  1.. In the Address Book, select the folder in which you want to create a
group. Click New on the toolbar, and then click New Group.
  2.. The Properties dialog box opens. In the Group Name box, type the
name of the group.
  3.. There are several ways to add people to the group:
    a.. To add a person from your Address Book list, click Select Members,
and then click a name from the Address Book list.
    b.. To add a person directly to the group without adding the name to
your Address Book, type the person's name and e-mail address in the lower
half of the Properties dialog box, and then click Add.
    c.. To add a person to both the group and your Address Book, click New
Contact and fill in the appropriate information.
    d.. To use a directory service, click Select Members, and then click
Find. Select a directory service from the drop-down list at the end of the
text box. After finding and selecting an address, it is automatically
added to your Address Book.
  4.. Repeat for each addition until your group is defined.

Note

a.. To view a list of your groups separately from the Address Book
listings, in the Address Book, on the View menu, make sure that Folders
and Groups is selected.

b.. You can create multiple groups, and contacts can belong to more than
one group.

If you want to send to a group without all the addresses being shown to
each recipient, open the Address Book and make a new entry. Enter the
group name in the Display field, but use your address. (Some ISPs require
a legitimate address in the To line, and the recipients will know it is
from the group).

Click the To button | Enter the group name using your address in the To
field | Enter the Group in the BCC field.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

"mag" <the1mag@comcast.net> wrote in message

> I've just become part of a group that receives messages from various
> members at irregular intervals. All the email addresses of the group
> members are listed in the "to" window. Is there anyway to get these
> addresses into a group folder in the address book without having to
> enter each one individually? Thanks.
>
> Maggie

0
Bruce
2/15/2010 6:34:53 PM
I gather that you receive emails addressed to many people - and
you want to add all of the names to your address book.  You also
want to include all of the names in a separate Group within your
Address Book.  Have I understood your question correctly?

If so, the first part is easy.  To add multiple names to your
address book, open the email you have received.  Then, click on
Tools | Add to Address Book | Everyone on To list.

Next, you should open your Address Book.
Click on View - and make sure the Folders and Groups option has
been checked.
Then, create a new (empty) Group.
In the Folders and Groups List, select the name of your main
Identity.  This will reveal a complete list of your contacts in
the right hand pane.
Hold down the Control key and select the individual names you
want to add to the new Group (or you can use an existing Group).
Then, drag and drop the selected names together into the name of
the Group in the Folders and Groups List.

However, your question raises an important issue.  When you send
a message to multiple addressees in a mailing list, it is bad
practice to include everyone's name in the To: field.  It is
preferable to enter your own address in the To: field.  Then, add
all of the other addresses to the Bcc: field.  That avoids
unauthorised disclosure of everyone's email address to all
members of the group.

"mag" <the1mag@comcast.net> wrote in message

> I've just become part of a group that receives messages from
> various members at irregular intervals. All the email addresses
> of the group members are listed in the "to" window. Is there
> anyway to get these addresses into a group folder in the
> address book without having to enter each one individually?
> Thanks.
>
> Maggie

0
Bob

How to Browse Global Address Book in OWA
How do you browse the Global Address book in OWA, like it comes up when you open the address booking in Outlook? Dear Fred, in current OWA built on 2000 and 2003 you can't browse the OWA as it appears in Outlook, you can search only, or you can use third party which allows you to borwse OWA, i don't know such third party but i know that there are some. but in Exchange 2007 "previous E12" this feature is available, so just wait for the Exchange 2007 :):) Regards Alaa Al-Ankar Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com "Fred Smith" wrote: > How do you browse...

Potential Identity loss issue with hidden email addresses in Excel!
I received a spreadsheet attachment yesterday and found a mailto:(my address) embedded in a cell under a text string. It was evident in a tooltip that appeared when cell was hovered-over. I told the sender who now says that many of her spreadsheets - used to handle group memberships - have such hidden addresses. The sheet I received was a reworking in Excel (not sure which version) of one of mine that was from a fresh, new OpenOffice spreadsheet I had emailed earlier. No sign of the embedding in my OO 'sheet, whether viewed in OO or in Excel 2000. It seems to have crept in on her mach...

Loading Data into Multiple sheets in 1 book Hi All I have 2 questions 1. I am trying to automatically create a workbook with a number of sheets in it with different data. I see how the command mode allows you to feed data to a (one/first) sheet (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\excel.exe" H:\':DETAIL.XFER.SHORT.FILENAME) but how do you get data to sheets 2 3 4 etc in the workbook? 2. Can you format the data going into the work sheet such that some of the data would have bold text? Thanks in advance Ralph Typically you do not import data into Excel via the command line. ...

How can I get my Outlook Express Addresss Book to new laptop? #2
How can I get my Outlook Express Addresss Book from my old laptop to new laptop? I cannot transfer the .wab file after I have copied it onto a zip disc. Murray <Murray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I get my Outlook Express Addresss Book from my old laptop to > new laptop? I cannot transfer the .wab file after I have copied it > onto a zip disc. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

"smtp address has changed" auto answer
Hi, colleagues, Is there any way to create an SMTP agent or daemon in v 5.5 SP3 which will recognize the recipient of message and tell back a reply saying "Your message has not been delievered. The email address xxxx@company.com is no longer valid. Please use new address yyyy@cc.comp.com instead" There is a text ini-file of all the addresses which are not valid in a plain format: [Not_valid_addresses] xxxx@company.com=yyyy@cc.comp.com xxxx2@company.com=yyyy2@cc.comp.com xxxx3@company.com=yyyy3@cc.comp.com Thanks, Mary ...

No "Outlook Address Book" tab?
Hello, I have a question with Contacts folders in Outlook. We are using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. We would like some users to be able to add other users' Contacts folders into their Outlook Address Book. Normally this is done by right-clicking on the Contacts folder, going to the Outlook Address Book tab, and checking the box for "Show this folder as an e-mail address book". However, when users open another user's Contacts folder and right-click and go to Properties, the "Outlook Address Book" tab doesn't show up. Other tabs that are also missing are:...

delivery restrictions and foreward to external address
Hi all! I've a problem with the restriction I setted up in my smtp connector and the foreward field in user's AD properties (exchange general->delivery options). Here's my enviroment: ===================== My customer is migrating from postfix to exch; all the clients are configured to use smtp/pop3 in their outlook. The final goal is an exch-outlook "native" enviroment. The step I'm today is: exch full started and clients still in pop3/smtp conf; no impacts (except this post!) for users thanks to detailed postifx->exch rules mapping. Postifx was configu...

Empty Address Cache
Outlook 2003 How do I empty the cache of addresses on the "TO:" line? Detail: When I type a TO address an auto-complete selection comes up. Due to addressing scheme changes most of these addresses are incorrect and thus an interfering annoyance. I would like to delete these old addresses individually or just start with a clean slate. Thanks, JD When one comes up that you want to delete you can select it with your arrow keys and press DELETE To totally clear it; rename <profilename>.nk2 to <profilename>.old -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com...

Help with: A program is trying to access address book
I still can't get this dialog box to stop popping up. Currently Running Incredimail Outlook add-on and Mailfrontier v4.x. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- **:::::>>:��:*�`����`*:��:<<:::::** .��~ �L�AzZ� W�A��L ~��. **:::::>>:��:*�`����`*:��:<<:::::** {��} WrOnG NuMbEr RoCoCcO, yOu .��~ �L�AzZ� W�A��L ~��. ..��~ �L�AzZ� W�A��L ~��. <nospam@here.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.1b02c40957db440f9896b4@news.newsgroups.ws>... > I still can't get this dialog box to stop popping up. > Currently Running Incredimail Outlook add-on an...

Address book clean up
I have a pretty big address book and I'd like to do some clean up. For one thing, I have a mixture of ways people are stored "last, first" and "first last" . Is there a global way to change that for everyone in the address book? Also I'd love to get rid of some strings in people's names like "(e-mail)", "(email)" and so forth. Is there a way to do that? (WinXP/ Outlook 2003) Regards. -- ------------ Michael Bierman Not sure what you mean by address book since Outlook does not have one. The address book is only a display of you...

To, CC, BCC, Subject
Hi, I posted this in microsoft.public.excel.programming, but I think it needs to be asked here to get an answer: After accidentally clicking Send To Mail Recipients instead of send as an attachment, how do you get rid of all that Outlook stuff that comes up (To..., CC..., Subject: etc" to get your worksheet back to normal. File>Send to>Mail Recipient-This will turn off the "Outlook Junk" Pat "William Benson" wrote: > Hi, I posted this in microsoft.public.excel.programming, but I think it > needs to be asked here to get an answer: > > After ...

Address book related
I am trying to create the birthday calender for my friends...they are many of them say 100. I know their namr and birthday. Can I create something like xml file which I will manually create with these 2 fields and then simply import it to outlook and it will update the calender. Once its tested on my machine I will share it with my 100 friends so they also can quickly update their calenders...is there any such smart way to add the entries in the calender... thanks in advance. Check out this page about adding holidays and such to your Calendar: http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holid...

Help creating a recital program book/several pages w/pictures and
I am creating a recital program book. It will be a 8 1/2 x 11 book with pictures, text and advertising and it will be in color. Over the years others who have created this book have just simply used the "publications for print" and other sources and the book hasn't been all that great (only the pub for print pages were good). Since I will be working on it, I want it to be great! I was assuming when I began this project that there was something already set up to help me create a multi-page book, but I am not finding it. I need something that I can create simil...

Add previously created pages to book template
Is there a way to insert complete pages that was created in puplisher into a new template? Thanks With both files opened (two runnings of Publisher) you could copy/paste from one to the other. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Chatterless" <Chatterless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BB18D39-B470-468A-82E6-38DB433D835A@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to insert complete pages that was created in puplisher into > a > new template? > > Thanks ...

Outlook points to incorrect address book upon reboot?
Hi there, I have a client (Outlook 2000) with a weird problem with Exchange 2000 server. Within the Exchange Server tab - I set up the "Addressing" points to a "personal address book" instead of the "Global Address List". I start Outlook and click on "address book", and it points to personal address book. Upon rebooting the computer, I start Outlook and it points to a subset of the Global Address List. It doesn't point to the personal address book, but a subset of the GAL. I change it to point to the GAL, upon reboot, it points to the su...

Address Book #67
Hi guys, Maybe a stupid question but what is the difference between the 'Outlook Address Book' and 'Contacts' in Outlook 2003 ? Many thanks. Regards Colin. colin <colin@home.com> wrote: > Maybe a stupid question but what is the difference between the > 'Outlook Address Book' and 'Contacts' in Outlook 2003 ? Many thanks. The Outlook Address Book is a service in your mail profile that will show you all the electronic addresses for contacts contained in Contact folders that have been enabled as address books. A Contact folder is where contac...

How do I set up a rule to sort mail by smtp email address?
I have a user with 2 smtp email addresses set up in Exchange. He would like to set up a rule in Outlook to move the mail from the seondary smtp address to a separate folder. Is this possible? I really don't want to create another user just to have a separate inbox. thanks, Take a look at WhichAddress application at http://www.ivasoft.biz "Kathy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<0d8401c3c675$d82f7d10$a501280a@phx.gbl>... > I have a user with 2 smtp email addresses set up in > Exchange. He would like to set up a rule in Ou...

How do I create an address book in excel?
I need to create a snail mail address book and I understand I can do that in excel but have been unable to figure out how as I dont know this program well. Thank You for your help. Toothfairy wrote: > I need to create a snail mail address book and I understand I can do that in > excel but have been unable to figure out how as I dont know this program > well. Thank You for your help. If you have Excel 2003 here's a template ready to use. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=address+book Watch for line wrap on the URL gls858 It can be argued ...

HTML e-mail to a list of addresses
When I prepare an e-mail in HTML and attempt to send it to a list of addresses, I have to approve each one, but when I check Outlook outbox, it says "HTML", but the content is blank. If I send a an e-mail to a single address, it is in sent HTML format and is sent properly. Why can't I send an HTML e-mail to a list? what version of outlook and what are the exact steps you are doing to compose and address the mail? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: ht...

How to lock the Excel file (book)?
Hi, I created an invoice with Excle and will send it to a client. I don't want client to change it, but he/she can read and print it. I am not sure how to do this. Anyone can help? Thanks! Create a digitally signed PDF file. Anything you can do inside XL will be modifiable by anyone with even a little bit of deviousness, and enough savvy to find these newsgroups. In article <uyAiposaFHA.2288@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>, "gz" <g@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, I created an invoice with Excle and will send it to a client. I don't > want client to change it,...

remove bad email addresses
When I type the beginning of a particular email address in the To field of an Outlook email, Outlook displays two em addresses which match: one is correct and one has a typo in it. I sometimes accidentally select the em address with the typo in it. Is there some way I can remove the bad em address so I don't keep selecting it? Thanks! Janis I believe the way you can remove the address in question is to start typing the name, just like you always do. When both addresses pop up, use the arrow keys to highlight the one you want to get rid of, then hit your delete key. That should re...

Showing email addresses
Is there any way you can send emails where, when you send an email, no one can see the email address of any others you may have sent the email to? Can you format Outlook so that it will only show someone's name and not their address, even if you right click on their name? I know what I am trying to say, I just can't put it into words. I hope you understand what I am asking. ...

How to view Address Book names as Last, First?
In OL 2002, how do we set theAddress Book to display names in Last, First order? To clarify: When addressing email by clicking "To," I want the names in the address book to display in the order of Last, First. How do I change it from its default setting of First, Last? This problem comes up every time I have to reinstall OL. I've tried typing in every conceivable, intuitive combination of words in the HELP, but can't find anything about the question. So, in addition to knowing the answer, I'd also like to know where someone can find the answer to the quest...

Strange Reply Address Problem
I have a user that has been corresponding with one of her Contacts for a number of years. Just this week when she hits Reply the return address in the To: field is a few question marks. It looks like this: ?? ?? Always before it would post the proper return address. This smells like a virus but my users system is clean. Has anyone seen this before and what was the cause/solution? Thank you for any response - Jon "Jon" <lanmanjs@hotmail.com> wrote in news:OL84awZJFHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl: > I have a user that has been corresponding with o...

Getting an e-mail address
I got an e-mail that was copied to Someone Else. I would like to copy that Someone Else (including its real address link) to a Word document that I have that has addresses and titles. So I click on that name, open up properties, and then try to cut that e-mail address from the properties - but I can't grab a hold of it. So I save it in my contacts, go there, and then am able to cut and paste it then delete it from my contacts. Am I going through these contortions unnecessarily? ...