address book group problem

I created a new group then (I thought) added entries using the boxes at the
bottom of the small window one at a time.
Now if I open my address book and click on the group, it only shows one
entry. If I double click on it a new window opens with all eight ehtries
which I put in.
Does anybody recognise what I have done wrong? How can I get all the eight
entries into the group? I need to be sure of what I am doing as if I lose
the email details of these entries it will not be easy to get them again.
TIA
Pete

0
Peter
3/6/2010 5:17:26 PM
outlookexpress.general 525 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It might be easier to start over, but I'll leave that up to you.

Open the Address Book | New | Group. Name the group and the Select
Members. Hold the Ctrl key down while you click on each name to highlight
them. When they are all highlighted, let go of the Ctrl key and click the
Select button and then OK.

That should do it.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"Peter Chadbund" <peter@wizardclassics.co.uk> wrote in message
>I created a new group then (I thought) added entries using the boxes at
>the bottom of the small window one at a time.
> Now if I open my address book and click on the group, it only shows one
> entry. If I double click on it a new window opens with all eight ehtries
> which I put in.
> Does anybody recognise what I have done wrong? How can I get all the
> eight entries into the group? I need to be sure of what I am doing as if
> I lose the email details of these entries it will not be easy to get
> them again.
> TIA
> Pete

0
Bruce
3/6/2010 5:31:27 PM
That was my first thought, Bruce. However the entries are not in my main
address book list, only in the group when I double click it as I said I am
reluctant to try too much as if I lose the entries they will be difficult
for me to get again.
Pete

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> It might be easier to start over, but I'll leave that up to you.
>
> Open the Address Book | New | Group. Name the group and the Select
> Members. Hold the Ctrl key down while you click on each name to highlight
> them. When they are all highlighted, let go of the Ctrl key and click the
> Select button and then OK.
>
> That should do it.
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Peter Chadbund" <peter@wizardclassics.co.uk> wrote in message
>>I created a new group then (I thought) added entries using the boxes at
>>the bottom of the small window one at a time.
>> Now if I open my address book and click on the group, it only shows one
>> entry. If I double click on it a new window opens with all eight ehtries
>> which I put in.
>> Does anybody recognise what I have done wrong? How can I get all the
>> eight entries into the group? I need to be sure of what I am doing as if
>> I lose the email details of these entries it will not be easy to get them
>> again.
>> TIA
>> Pete

0
Peter
3/6/2010 6:56:40 PM
I've never done it with people not in my address book. Perhaps creating a
second address book would be the answer.

http://www.insideoe.com/tips/morewabs.htm
--

> That was my first thought, Bruce. However the entries are not in my main
> address book list, only in the group when I double click it as I said I
> am
> reluctant to try too much as if I lose the entries they will be
> difficult
> for me to get again.
> Pete
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> It might be easier to start over, but I'll leave that up to you.
>>
>> Open the Address Book | New | Group. Name the group and the Select
>> Members. Hold the Ctrl key down while you click on each name to
>> highlight them. When they are all highlighted, let go of the Ctrl key
>> and click the Select button and then OK.
>>
>> That should do it.
>> --
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "Peter Chadbund" <peter@wizardclassics.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>I created a new group then (I thought) added entries using the boxes at
>>>the bottom of the small window one at a time.
>>> Now if I open my address book and click on the group, it only shows
>>> one entry. If I double click on it a new window opens with all eight
>>> ehtries which I put in.
>>> Does anybody recognise what I have done wrong? How can I get all the
>>> eight entries into the group? I need to be sure of what I am doing as
>>> if I lose the email details of these entries it will not be easy to
>>> get them again.
>>> TIA
>>> Pete

0
Bruce
3/6/2010 7:03:15 PM
Is MS Office or Outlook also installed?

If you create a new identity (File | Identities | Add new identity) and
create a Group the same way in the new identity's Address Book, do you see
the same behavior?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Peter Chadbund wrote:
> I created a new group then (I thought) added entries using the boxes at
> the
> bottom of the small window one at a time.
> Now if I open my address book and click on the group, it only shows one
> entry. If I double click on it a new window opens with all eight ehtries
> which I put in.
> Does anybody recognise what I have done wrong? How can I get all the eight
> entries into the group? I need to be sure of what I am doing as if I lose
> the email details of these entries it will not be easy to get them again.
> TIA
> Pete

0
PA
3/6/2010 7:04:18 PM
I coppied and pasted them all into my address book using the view where I
could see all the entries, then added them all to a new group. With a little
experimenting it seems that a group will not accept an entry which is not in
the main body of the address book.The one which was showing by clicking on
the group happened to already be in my address book.It just so happened that
I had only one need to record these email addresses which was why I created
the group in the first place rasther than put them in the main body of the
address book.

> I've never done it with people not in my address book. Perhaps creating a
> second address book would be the answer.
>
> http://www.insideoe.com/tips/morewabs.htm
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Peter Chadbund" <peter@wizardclassics.co.uk> wrote in message
>> That was my first thought, Bruce. However the entries are not in my main
>> address book list, only in the group when I double click it as I said I
>> am
>> reluctant to try too much as if I lose the entries they will be difficult
>> for me to get again.
>> Pete
>>
>> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>>> It might be easier to start over, but I'll leave that up to you.
>>>
>>> Open the Address Book | New | Group. Name the group and the Select
>>> Members. Hold the Ctrl key down while you click on each name to
>>> highlight them. When they are all highlighted, let go of the Ctrl key
>>> and click the Select button and then OK.
>>>
>>> That should do it.
>>> --
>>>           Bruce Hagen
>>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>>

>>> "Peter Chadbund" <peter@wizardclassics.co.uk> wrote in message

0
Peter
3/6/2010 7:19:06 PM
An Address Book group is not a good place to store email addresses.
Groups do not import or export.
Use a second wab file or save the addresses in a csv file.
As you said in your original post, only addresses in the Address Book
display unless viewing the properties of the group.  I think that would also
apply to printing or coping the group addresses.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

> I coppied and pasted them all into my address book using the view where I
> could see all the entries, then added them all to a new group. With a
> little experimenting it seems that a group will not accept an entry which
> is not in the main body of the address book.The one which was showing by
> clicking on the group happened to already be in my address book.It just so
> happened that I had only one need to record these email addresses which
> was why I created the group in the first place rasther than put them in
> the main body of the address book.
> Pete
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> I've never done it with people not in my address book. Perhaps creating a
>> second address book would be the answer.
>>
>> http://www.insideoe.com/tips/morewabs.htm
>> --
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "Peter Chadbund" <peter@wizardclassics.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> That was my first thought, Bruce. However the entries are not in my main
>>> address book list, only in the group when I double click it as I said I
>>> am
>>> reluctant to try too much as if I lose the entries they will be
>>> difficult
>>> for me to get again.
>>> Pete
>>>
>>> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

0
Ron
3/7/2010 12:31:02 AM
Robear,
Peter is seeing normal behavior.
Adding members to a group using the fields at the bottom of group properties
creates a member name with blue lines on a gray Rolodex card.
Member names that are also in the Address Book will have green lines on a
white Rolodex card.
Only a name or only an address can be added with the bottom fields.
Only group members that are also in the Address Book will display when you
highlight the group in the Folders and Groups pane.
Group members added with the bottom fields will not copy, so they cannot be
pasted to another group or to a Windows folder.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

> Is MS Office or Outlook also installed?
>
> If you create a new identity (File | Identities | Add new identity) and
> create a Group the same way in the new identity's Address Book, do you see
> the same behavior?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>
> Peter Chadbund wrote:
>> I created a new group then (I thought) added entries using the boxes at
>> the
>> bottom of the small window one at a time.
>> Now if I open my address book and click on the group, it only shows one
>> entry. If I double click on it a new window opens with all eight ehtries
>> which I put in.
>> Does anybody recognise what I have done wrong? How can I get all the
>> eight
>> entries into the group? I need to be sure of what I am doing as if I lose
>> the email details of these entries it will not be easy to get them again.
>> TIA
>> Pete

0
Ron
3/7/2010 3:12:19 AM
Don't tell me, tell him!  (There is a method to my madness, Ron.)

Ron Sommer wrote:
> Robear,
> Peter is seeing normal behavior...
0
PA
3/7/2010 6:34:31 AM
Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to all you guys who have helped to
enlighten me - I always reckon the best way to learn is to make mistakes,
then someone who understands your mistake to explain it to you so you can
solve the problem.
One of the biggest problems I find with many of the "general purpose"
programs is that they are full of facilities which most people do not use
most of the time and when you do need them, if you can find them, it takes
ages to find out how they work! One reason why I use MS Works rather than
Office, then save my files as Word or Excel etc if necessary to share them.
Peter

> Don't tell me, tell him!  (There is a method to my madness, Ron.)
>
> Ron Sommer wrote:
>> Robear,
>> Peter is seeing normal behavior...

0
Peter
3/7/2010 3:51:56 PM
There seems to be some confusion here; addresses don't HAVE to be in the
regular listing, but it' often handy to have them there is you only want to
address one of or part of the group.

To create a group of contacts:

You can create a single group name (or alias) to use when sending a message
to several contacts at once. Simply create a group name and add individual
contacts to the group. Then, just type the group name in the To box when you
send e-mail.
In the Address Book, select the folder in which you want to create a group.
Click New on the toolbar, and then click New Group.
The Properties dialog box opens. In the Group Name box, type the name of the
group.

There are SEVERAL WAYS TO ADD people to the group:

To add a person from your Address Book list, click Select Members, and then
click a name from the Address Book list.

To add a person directly to the group WITHOUT adding the name to your
Address Book, type the person's name and e-mail address in the lower half of
the Properties dialog box, and then click Add.
To add a person to both the group and your Address Book, click New Contact
and fill in the appropriate information.

To use a directory service, click Select Members, and then click Find.
Select a directory service from the drop-down list at the end of the text
box.
After finding and selecting an address, it is automatically added to your
Address Book.

Repeat for each addition until your group is defined.
 Note
To view a list of your groups separately from the Address Book listings, in
the Address Book, on the View menu, make sure that   *Folders and Groups*
is selected.
You can create multiple groups, and contacts can belong to more than one
group.

HTH,

Twayne`

In news:M4SdnRv67a8tNw_WnZ2dnUVZ8jydnZ2d@brightview.co.uk,
Peter Chadbund <peter@wizardclassics.co.uk> typed:
> I coppied and pasted them all into my address book using
> the view where I could see all the entries, then added them
> all to a new group. With a little experimenting it seems
> that a group will not accept an entry which is not in the
> main body of the address book.The one which was showing by
> clicking on the group happened to already be in my address
> book.It just so happened that I had only one need to record
> these email addresses which was why I created the group in
> the first place rasther than put them in the main body of
> the address book.  Pete
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> I've never done it with people not in my address book.
>> Perhaps creating a second address book would be the answer.
>>
>> http://www.insideoe.com/tips/morewabs.htm
>> --
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "Peter Chadbund" <peter@wizardclassics.co.uk> wrote in
>> message
>>> That was my first thought, Bruce. However the entries are
>>> not in my main address book list, only in the group when
>>> I double click it as I said I am
>>> reluctant to try too much as if I lose the entries they
>>> will be difficult for me to get again.
>>> Pete
>>>
>>> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered
through personal experience does not become a
part of the moral tissue.

0
Twayne

help fixing a calculation problem
i have an big file that takes a while to calculate. I keep my calculation set on manual. a few times a day I create a csv. file out of a database and open it in excel and the file starts to calc and I end up having to wait it out. Anyone have an idea on how to prevent that from happening? -- barrfly Excel User - Energy markets ------------------------------------------------------------------------ barrfly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4141 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=482195 Try this .. Before yo...

ImageFrame Problem with Empty Reports
I am getting this "type mismatch" error when I try to open a report that has no records. The report normally displays a picture of the client if they have one or more records in the report. If they don't, it should be able to still open the report but just show no records. I have traced the source of the error to the following code in the pageheader of my report. ImageCyclist.picture=[picpath] The [picpath] is a field inserted in the pageheader that contains the pathname or link where the picture of the person is retrieved from. How can I prevent this error from appearing?? ...

Strange Excel problem when opening an Excelbook
When I open an Excelworkbook I get the following message from Excel (see attached picture) First I get a security warning that the Excelbook contains macros which is OK. I press Enable macros (totaly normal) Then the strange message appears when excel looks for MIM.EXE???. If I press OK I get following message from Excel: "Cannot run MIM.EXE. The program or one of its components is damaged or missing" I press OK and I get back to the strange message. But if I press Ok again I get the Cannot MIM.EXE message, but then after pressing OK I can can continue work with the Excelwo...

New Database in Storage Group question
I think I have some corruption in an exisiting database in my Storage Group. What I am doing is moving all mailboxes to a newly created database within this storage group. Is this a good thing to do? I was figuring instead of taking the corrupted database (I am getting some 1025 errors) down for 50+ hours while I run isinteg, I could just move the mailboxes to a new database. Will this work? Since I am allowed 5 databases within a storage group, what is Microsoft best practices when it comes to database size? -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Best practice is to keep the size ...

Option group & paramater error
I have a form that I wish to use an option group to filter a field on the sub-form. I have input the following code: Private Sub fraStatus_AfterUpdate() If Me.fraStatus.Value = 2 Then Me.Filter = "Status = Closed" Me.FilterOn = True ElseIf Me.fraStatus.Value = 1 Then Me.Filter = "Status = Open" Me.FilterOn = True Else Me.FilterOn = False End If End Sub I have also placed the following code in the subform: Private Sub Form_ApplyFilter(Cancel As Integer, ApplyType As Integer) If ApplyType = acShowAllRecords Then Me.fraStatus.Value = 3 'Show all...

blue screen reboot problems
my home prem. vista pc keeps rebooting. Blue screen message is 2 seconds long so i can't read it and several attempts to resolve this by using system restore etc is only making it worse. I've run virus scans in safe mode nothing. My deskstop comes up at startup with "windows installer" 3x then a box says that windows has to close down and then it reboots after 30 seconds or so, no time to try and update to sp1 or find the problem list because it dumps to fast. The blue screen does say TCPIP error or something. Do i have to connect Mircosoft with $$ or is this not f...

Vista and Money 2005 ofx import problem
I recognise some names here from another forum but I thought it may be helpful to canvass some more opinions/expertise. I have Vista Ultimate running and have succesfully loaded Money 2005 UK and updated via the internet. Everything works fine except the bit I need ! I use Barclays Bank and have downloaded .ofx files for several years (Barclays does not support QIF). When trying to do this in Vista I get an error message saying the file is corrupt or not recognised. I have tried all manner of things including testing the ofx file etc and it appears fine and will load into Money run...

I am having problem while installing MS Dynamics in Win XP
I am trying to install Microsoft Dynamics in Win XP, it gives an error saying MS Exchange server 2003 SP1 has to be istalled first I dont have MS exchange server installed in Win XP,what I have is outlook only Can I go ahead and install SP1 for win XP ( THIS IS AN OFFLINE INSTALLTION RIGHT NOW I am not using outlook to get my Email) Let me know how to install the same and the precaution I have to take Most of the errors expected are given for WIN 200 SERVER & 2003 SERVER IN TECHNET HENCE THIS QUESTION TO TYE COMMUNITY Regards Harish We cannot help unless you are m...

problem installing the windows vista security error code 80070020
it installs hald way then stoped with the error code 80070020 dont no wat to do help plz You receive error 0x80070020 when you use the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site to install updates: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883825 dariyel wrote: > it installs hald way then stoped with the error code 80070020 dont no wat > to > do help plz dariyel wrote: > it installs hald way then stoped with the error code 80070020 dont no wat to > do help plz Is the keyboard not functioning properly ? Please see: How to ask a question h...

Rolling up Gantt bars to "Group by" summaries
Can the Gantt bars for each activity in a "Group by" group be rolled up to the overall Group summary bar? The Group By Summary bars look just like the ones for Summary activities, but bars do not roll up there. Has anyone seen a native or a programmed way to do that roll up? An important view for my project shows the activities to which each of a set of (non-multitasking) resources are assigned. I can show it doing a "Group by" Resource Names and filtering for the resources that I am interested in, and it would be great if I were able to show it as just one r...

counter problem(you really want to read this)
i have a workbook that contains two sheets. Sheet one contains a list of names. Each name references an information sheet for that name. I wish to collect data for each name for a specified number of days "x". When that number of days is met, then I wish to click on a button on the toolbar to delete some number "x" of days of data from 1 - "x" including "x". I wish to do this to make the data more current hence meaningful ...

HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-T2N1 problems
Running Microsoft Media Center Edition SP3 on Dell Inspiron 6400. Poblem - select files from explorer - right click, select Sent To - drive does not appear in window Problem - select files from explorer - drag them to drive D:\ - get error D:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function. What is wrong. Pierre C wrote: > Running Microsoft Media Center Edition SP3 on Dell Inspiron 6400. > > Poblem - select files from explorer - right click, select Sent To > - drive does not appear in window > > Problem - select files from explorer - drag them to drive D...

Problem sharing a workbook
Hi, I've created an Excel workbook (Excel 2003 (11.8120.8122) SP2), placed it on a shared network server, and then selected Tools>Protection>Protect and Share Workbook... with the "Share and track changes" option selected, and password protection set. However, if I attempt to open it when someone else has it open, I get the message stating that the workbook is opened by user so and so and am given the option to open it as Read-Only, Notify, etc. Any idea why this is happening? Thanks, Linda ...

Can't delete Contacts in Address Book in Outlook 2000
It might be coincidental, but soon after I installed the Outlook Personal Folders Backup, it seems now I can't delete names from my Contacts and I want to delete names I no longer need to send e-mails to. When I attempt to delete those names, I get this message: Some names could not be deleted from the address list. The action could not be completed. Does anyone know how to get around this? ...

Relationship problems
I have a DB with 6 tables tbl 1 (Person's Info) ClientNum (PK) FName LName + all person info tbl 2 (Employment info) EmpID (PK) ClientNum EmpCodeNum EmpStatus TrainingRelated StartDate EndDate tbl 3 (Employer Codes) EmpCodeNum (PK) EmployerName tbl 4 (Trades) TradeNum (PK) TradeName tbl 5 (Pri-Training) PriTraID (PK) ClientNum TradeNum tbl 6 (Sec-Training) SecTraID (PK) ClientNum TradeNum The problem i'm have is that when i go to create a form to enter all the clients data the de...

Having problems opening pst file
When I try to open a pst file - I get the following message "Properties for this informaton service must be defined prior to use" then I get another pop-up "Errors |\ve been detected in the file C:\WINDOWS\APPLICATION DATA\MICROSOFT\OUTLOOK\outlook.pst. Quit all mail-enabled applications, then use the Inbox Repair Tool" Please help!!! I have important contact information I can't get to. GHR 770-451-8565 x11 "GHR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012d01c3ddf8$5ef50650$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to open a...

X Axis Linear Representation Problem
I have a project involving a hiking trail where I am trying to capture altitude on Y axis versus mile marker location on X axis. I can enter the data in adjoining columns and use the chart wizard but each mile marker value gets positioned along the X axis in uniform increments rather than an actual linear scale representation. In other words, mile markers 3.3 and the next mile marker (3.8) are the same distance apart on the X axis in the graphic representation as is marker 3.8 and the next one (12.5). This distorts the graphic representation of the actual linear distance between the...

Send Mail Problem
Hi all One of our user got the below two message from postmaster, i try to disable the rule(list.dsbl.org) from the connection filtering, but the problems still exists. I search my mailserver ip on list.dsbl.org, it listed. To removal need one week. Have any faster way to fix this problems? abc@abc.com on Thu, 7 Dec 2006 08:28:05 +0800 There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <"Mailserver Host" #5.5.0 smtp;553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)> 1...

AutoPopulate Address fields
Seems to me that when I add a new contact from a pre-existing account, there ought to be a way to automatically populate the contact's address info, phone number(s), etc with data from the account record. Am I missing something, cuz I sure don't see a way to do this? -- bondg This should be mapped out of the box, but if not, check the mapping in Deployment Manager. Take a look at the schema and under each entity is a mapping node. You will want to look at the account entity and check to see which fields are mapped to the contact. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspo...

Problems with a Folder in Outlook 2000 SR-1
I just started having a problem with MS-Outlook. One of my mail-folders called 'to review' cannot open, every time I open it to see what items are in it, it just makes a weird noise on my hard drive. I did a right click on the Outlook File name and checked the folder size, and it returned with an error message. All other folders (like 30 or so) return a valid folder size. After that I went and ran the Inbox Tool Repair Kit and that returned an error message on that folder as well and told me to run scandisk.....well boys and girls, I don't think Scandisk is on Win2K Pro. Also,...

Problem receiving some emails
I have not received several emails over the last few days that were sent to me. Address is correct. I have received many emails on those days, but a few never came through. This is very important!!! -- ZC Check to see if those missing emails are accessible on the server by going to your webmail page (using Internet Explorer). If the emails aren't on your provider's server, Windows Mail can't download them. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "zcovey" wrote in message news:FA5013FF-6E36-47C5-A35B-380509D648F7@microsoft.com... I have not receiv...

Manage Group Calendar-Public Folder
HELP!! I need to accomplish the following in a public folder, (1) Ability to Manage a group calendar with several different types of event/appointment types (Tour details, conferenec info, available dates for tours, training etc.) (2) Each event type should only have one or two owners who can modify the appointment information for a particular event type: ( If necessary, we can have separate sub calendars for each type as described above and maybe somehow update the master calendar automatically if there is a change in the sub calendar folders) Any help will be appreciated. Th...

Auto fill cell addresses by not 1
Hi folks, Is there a way to auto-increment the cell address in a formula by an increment other than 1. For example by 15: =Fubar(A1,A2) =Fubar(A16,A17) =Fubar(A31,A32) : : : I have rather complex formulas that point to data on another excel sheet where the data is organize into blocks (it is generated by another program) rather than in nice sequential columns. Having to manual enter the cell addresses for 200 rows is a PITA! Cheers, Peter How about a little work? Say I want the formula in row 1 (say E1). I'd put this formula in E1: ="$$$=Fubar(a" & (...

C++ problem
Hi, I need C++ code for Paste comand OpenClipboard GetClipboardData put it where you want it CloseClipboard If you have a more detailed question and useful context for answering it, a better answer can be given. joe On 14 Feb 2007 14:26:54 -0800, petra980@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, >I need C++ code for Paste comand Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm Here is some C++ code for Paste comand http://www.codeproject.com/clipboard/archerclipboard1.asp AliR. <petra980@gmail.com> wrote in ...

Decimal Place Problem via Export
When converting a report into an excel file for email , it somehow shows the 2 decimal places on the excel spreadsheet - even though I had indicated within the report that the Format=Standard Decimal=0 I eventually wanted to create a format like 200,000 but it's giving me 200,000.00 I can manually strip the 2 decimal places in excell but do not want the user to play with this functionality. Could someone assist. Try using the Format() function. Iin your control source of the field on your report, use something like: "=Format([myNumber],######) See Access help file for Forma...