"Delete it from Server" Not Deleting From Server

Hello...and thank you for whatever assistance you might be
able to render.

I have set a message rule, in OE, which calls for certain
messages to be deleted from the server.  If I understand
this part of the rule correctly, this means the message
will never be downloaded...and that it will be completely
deleted at the server level, so that it isn't counting
against my server disk storage level, either.

Figuring I'm correct in that presumption--and please let
me know if I'm wrong--I seem to have some messages making
it through that should absolutely be deleted at the server
level.

Here's the latest example:

I have set a rule which tells OE to delete any email with
"personalized christmas" in the subject line, at the
server level.

Despite that fact, OE just let an email with the trigger
phrase slip through.

I have crosschecked the spelling to make sure the phrase
matches, and that's not the problem.  The only thing I
can figure, and it sure seems unlikely to me to be the
case, is that the OE rule is case sensitive.

You can see a copy of how I've set the rule...and the
header of the message that slipped through, here:

http://www.true-agent.com/delete_it_from_server.pdf

So...any idea what I might be doing wrong...or is it just
some quirk with the program?

Thanks, again, for any prospective help.

Jay in Madison

0
Jay
12/12/2009 12:23:07 PM
outlookexpress.general 525 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jay Reifert wrote:
> Hello...and thank you for whatever assistance you might be
> able to render.
>
> I have set a message rule, in OE, which calls for certain
> messages to be deleted from the server.  If I understand
> this part of the rule correctly, this means the message
> will never be downloaded...and that it will be completely
> deleted at the server level, so that it isn't counting
> against my server disk storage level, either.
>
> Figuring I'm correct in that presumption--and please let
> me know if I'm wrong--I seem to have some messages making
> it through that should absolutely be deleted at the server
> level.
>
> Here's the latest example:
>
> I have set a rule which tells OE to delete any email with
> "personalized christmas" in the subject line, at the
> server level.
>
> Despite that fact, OE just let an email with the trigger
> phrase slip through.
>
> I have crosschecked the spelling to make sure the phrase
> matches, and that's not the problem.  The only thing I
> can figure, and it sure seems unlikely to me to be the
> case, is that the OE rule is case sensitive.
>
> You can see a copy of how I've set the rule...and the
> header of the message that slipped through, here:
>
> http://www.true-agent.com/delete_it_from_server.pdf
>
> So...any idea what I might be doing wrong...or is it just
> some quirk with the program?
>
> Thanks, again, for any prospective help.
>

> Jay in Madison

You seem to have mixed-up both "Where the From contains people" and
"Where the Subject contains specific words" conditions into a single
message rule. The Rule description is showing both the mail-ids and
subject lines.
Create a separate rule for each.
1. Where the From contains people: statemerch.org, etc.,
2. Where the Subject contains specific words: personalized Christmas,
premium business, etc.,

Edit the existing rule to remove either the subject or people, and
create a new one for what is removed.

Mohan...
0
Mohan
12/12/2009 12:47:49 PM
Mohan... wrote:
> Jay Reifert wrote:
>> Hello...and thank you for whatever assistance you might be
>> able to render.
>>
>> I have set a message rule, in OE, which calls for certain
>> messages to be deleted from the server.  If I understand
>> this part of the rule correctly, this means the message
>> will never be downloaded...and that it will be completely
>> deleted at the server level, so that it isn't counting
>> against my server disk storage level, either.
>>
>> Figuring I'm correct in that presumption--and please let
>> me know if I'm wrong--I seem to have some messages making
>> it through that should absolutely be deleted at the server
>> level.
>>
>> Here's the latest example:
>>
>> I have set a rule which tells OE to delete any email with
>> "personalized christmas" in the subject line, at the
>> server level.
>>
>> Despite that fact, OE just let an email with the trigger
>> phrase slip through.
>>
>> I have crosschecked the spelling to make sure the phrase
>> matches, and that's not the problem.  The only thing I
>> can figure, and it sure seems unlikely to me to be the
>> case, is that the OE rule is case sensitive.
>>
>> You can see a copy of how I've set the rule...and the
>> header of the message that slipped through, here:
>>
>> http://www.true-agent.com/delete_it_from_server.pdf
>>
>> So...any idea what I might be doing wrong...or is it just
>> some quirk with the program?
>>
>> Thanks, again, for any prospective help.
>>

>> Jay in Madison
>>

> You seem to have mixed-up both "Where the From contains people" and
> "Where the Subject contains specific words" conditions into a single
> message rule. The Rule description is showing both the mail-ids and
> subject lines.
> Create a separate rule for each.
> 1. Where the From contains people: statemerch.org, etc.,
> 2. Where the Subject contains specific words: personalized Christmas,
> premium business, etc.,
>
> Edit the existing rule to remove either the subject or people, and
> create a new one for what is removed.
>
> Mohan...

Thank you, Mohan, for the speedy reply.  I'm not going to
outright disagree with you, because I surely don't have
the knowledge of the program to know--which is why I'm
here--but, I did set the rule up as an "or" situation.

It isn't easily obvious, as only so much of the window
displaying the rule would appear in what I sent, but if
you go back and look at the link, at

http://www.true-agent.com/delete_it_from_server.pdf ,

you'll see the subject line aspect of the rule and, above
it, is part of the from people aspect of the rule.  In
between the two, it says "or".  There was a choice for
"and" but I explicity chose "or".

So, I'm not thinking that's what is causing the problem.

Again...I can't say for sure, and I may well implement your
solution later on, should no one else come with a different
approach that solves the problem.

It just seems as if the rule should work with it being set
up as being from certain people "or" containing certain
words in the subject line, as those were design features
within OE.

Regardless, I do thank you again for your input.

Jay

0
Jay
12/12/2009 1:12:41 PM
Jay Reifert wrote:

> I have set a message rule, in OE, which calls for certain
> messages to be deleted from the server.

I wouldn't do it like that - delete from server.

> If I understand
> this part of the rule correctly, this means the message
> will never be downloaded...and that it will be completely
> deleted at the server level, so that it isn't counting
> against my server disk storage level, either.

Normally the messages which you download are deleted from the server
after downloading (unless you are configured to leave on the server) --
so they don't count against your storage anyway.

> Figuring I'm correct in that presumption--and please let
> me know if I'm wrong--I seem to have some messages making
> it through that should absolutely be deleted at the server
> level.

My understanding is that the rules delete from server and do not
download from server cannot be applied to 'multiple actions' and your
'confirmed hardcore spammers' rule is multiple nor from nor subject

> I have set a rule which tells OE to delete any email with
> "personalized christmas" in the subject line, at the
> server level.

Experiment with whether your rule will work to simply divert those mails
into Junk.  That way you can see if the rule is working.

> Despite that fact, OE just let an email with the trigger
> phrase slip through.

Delete from server is a problem rule.

--
Mike Easter

0
Mike
12/12/2009 2:00:48 PM
Jay Reifert wrote:

> The only thing I
> can figure, and it sure seems unlikely to me to be the
> case, is that the OE rule is case sensitive.

I'm reading in one place that OE's rules /are/ case sensitive.

If you create rules that can work on something that you can see happen
(such as move to Junk folder) then you can (try to) apply the rule to
the item (which is sitting in your Inbox) and see if the rule works to
move it.

--
Mike Easter

0
Mike
12/12/2009 2:20:25 PM
I too would separate From and Subject rules, especially since the action is
to Delete it from server, and move the rules to the top of the list.

Some Message Rule tips:
http://www.insideoe.com/tips/rules.htm

Controlling Junk Mail in Outlook Express:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/junkmail.mspx

Message Rules not working?:
http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/why.htm#rules
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

"Jay Reifert" <true-agents@true-agent.com> wrote in message

> Hello...and thank you for whatever assistance you might be
> able to render.
>
> I have set a message rule, in OE, which calls for certain
> messages to be deleted from the server.  If I understand
> this part of the rule correctly, this means the message
> will never be downloaded...and that it will be completely
> deleted at the server level, so that it isn't counting
> against my server disk storage level, either.
>
> Figuring I'm correct in that presumption--and please let
> me know if I'm wrong--I seem to have some messages making
> it through that should absolutely be deleted at the server
> level.
>
> Here's the latest example:
>
> I have set a rule which tells OE to delete any email with
> "personalized christmas" in the subject line, at the
> server level.
>
> Despite that fact, OE just let an email with the trigger
> phrase slip through.
>
> I have crosschecked the spelling to make sure the phrase
> matches, and that's not the problem.  The only thing I
> can figure, and it sure seems unlikely to me to be the
> case, is that the OE rule is case sensitive.
>
> You can see a copy of how I've set the rule...and the
> header of the message that slipped through, here:
>
> http://www.true-agent.com/delete_it_from_server.pdf
>
> So...any idea what I might be doing wrong...or is it just
> some quirk with the program?
>
> Thanks, again, for any prospective help.
>

> Jay in Madison

0
Bruce
12/12/2009 3:43:05 PM
Jay Reifert wrote:

> I have set a rule which tells OE to delete any email with "personalized
> christmas" in the subject line, at the server level. Despite that fact,
> OE just let an email with the trigger phrase slip through.

You sure the text you see shown in OE's GUI is what is really in the Subject
header of the e-mail?  UTF encoding is sometimes used and it looks something
like "=?UTF-8?Q?<string>?=".  UTF-8 is just one example of encoding.
Something else might be specified.  OE will decipher the encoding and show
it to you as text but that's not the header's actual value and on what the
rule is testing.

With the e-mail selected, hit Ctrl+F3 to look at the raw source of the
e-mail to ensure what you think is in the Subject header is what is really
there.

Do you have other rules defined?  Are some of them before this rule?  If so,
do any of them use the stop-clause?  Could be one of those rules is firing
which means no further rules get exercised against the same e-mail.  You
need to check the flow of an e-mail through your rules.
0
VanguardLH
12/12/2009 5:09:51 PM

Ok...well, thank all of you for trying, but I'm going to
give up on it.  I did separate the messages out, and
they still come through, so, I'm figuring what's likely
more at issue is that I just have too many tools trying
to combat the problem.

In addition to whatever I could set up via OE, I also
have a product called SpamBully and have tools which
my ISP provides, at the server level, to use rules to
kill spam at that level.

Any one of them, I suppose, could be interfering with
the OE rules I'm trying to set.  The one I know works,
for sure, is the ISP-related tool.  It's just that I
have to log in to my account, on the web, to mess with
it, and--with OE--I can do it on the spot.

So...again, thanks for the suggestions.

Jay

Bruce Hagen wrote:
> I too would separate From and Subject rules, especially since the
> action is to Delete it from server, and move the rules to the top of
> the list.
> Some Message Rule tips:
> http://www.insideoe.com/tips/rules.htm
>
> Controlling Junk Mail in Outlook Express:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/junkmail.mspx
>
> Message Rules not working?:
> http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/why.htm#rules
>
> "Jay Reifert" <true-agents@true-agent.com> wrote in message
>>

>> Hello...and thank you for whatever assistance you might be
>> able to render.
>>
>> I have set a message rule, in OE, which calls for certain
>> messages to be deleted from the server.  If I understand
>> this part of the rule correctly, this means the message
>> will never be downloaded...and that it will be completely
>> deleted at the server level, so that it isn't counting
>> against my server disk storage level, either.
>>
>> Figuring I'm correct in that presumption--and please let
>> me know if I'm wrong--I seem to have some messages making
>> it through that should absolutely be deleted at the server
>> level.
>>
>> Here's the latest example:
>>
>> I have set a rule which tells OE to delete any email with
>> "personalized christmas" in the subject line, at the
>> server level.
>>
>> Despite that fact, OE just let an email with the trigger
>> phrase slip through.
>>
>> I have crosschecked the spelling to make sure the phrase
>> matches, and that's not the problem.  The only thing I
>> can figure, and it sure seems unlikely to me to be the
>> case, is that the OE rule is case sensitive.
>>
>> You can see a copy of how I've set the rule...and the
>> header of the message that slipped through, here:
>>
>> http://www.true-agent.com/delete_it_from_server.pdf
>>
>> So...any idea what I might be doing wrong...or is it just
>> some quirk with the program?
>>
>> Thanks, again, for any prospective help.
>>

>> Jay in Madison

0
Jay
12/12/2009 5:20:30 PM
Why doesn't my rule work?
http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/why.htm#rules
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

Jay Reifert wrote:
> Hello...and thank you for whatever assistance you might be
> able to render.
>
> I have set a message rule, in OE, which calls for certain
> messages to be deleted from the server.  If I understand
> this part of the rule correctly, this means the message
> will never be downloaded...and that it will be completely
> deleted at the server level, so that it isn't counting
> against my server disk storage level, either.
>
> Figuring I'm correct in that presumption--and please let
> me know if I'm wrong--I seem to have some messages making
> it through that should absolutely be deleted at the server
> level.
>
> Here's the latest example:
>
> I have set a rule which tells OE to delete any email with
> "personalized christmas" in the subject line, at the
> server level.
>
> Despite that fact, OE just let an email with the trigger
> phrase slip through.
>
> I have crosschecked the spelling to make sure the phrase
> matches, and that's not the problem.  The only thing I
> can figure, and it sure seems unlikely to me to be the
> case, is that the OE rule is case sensitive.
>
> You can see a copy of how I've set the rule...and the
> header of the message that slipped through, here:
>
> http://www.true-agent.com/delete_it_from_server.pdf
>
> So...any idea what I might be doing wrong...or is it just
> some quirk with the program?
>
> Thanks, again, for any prospective help.
>

> Jay in Madison
0
PA
12/12/2009 7:24:33 PM
"Jay Reifert" <true-agents@true-agent.com> wrote in message

> Hello...and thank you for whatever assistance you might be
> able to render.
>
> I have set a message rule, in OE, which calls for certain
> messages to be deleted from the server.  If I understand
> this part of the rule correctly, this means the message
> will never be downloaded...

Never say never. If a former rule requires the download, it will be too
late to stop it by the time this rule is applied.

> and that it will be completely
> deleted at the server level, so that it isn't counting
> against my server disk storage level, either.

A succesful 'delete at server' action, yes.

> Figuring I'm correct in that presumption--and please let
> me know if I'm wrong--I seem to have some messages making
> it through that should absolutely be deleted at the server
> level.
>
> Here's the latest example:
>
> I have set a rule which tells OE to delete any email with
> "personalized christmas" in the subject line, at the
> server level.
>
> Despite that fact, OE just let an email with the trigger
> phrase slip through.

If a former rule required a download, and the download setting was to
leave a copy on the server, and your stated rule was then in play, then
it could conceiveably be working as desired by deleting the server's
copy (the "action" is not "don't let it slip through). If you don't want
to have certain e-mails 'slip through', make sure the delete at server
rule is first, and stop processing more rules (just in case rule
sequence priority is usurped by some other rule priority scheme).

> I have crosschecked the spelling to make sure the phrase
> matches, and that's not the problem.  The only thing I
> can figure, and it sure seems unlikely to me to be the
> case, is that the OE rule is case sensitive.
>
> You can see a copy of how I've set the rule...and the
> header of the message that slipped through, here:
>
> http://www.true-agent.com/delete_it_from_server.pdf

I couldn't see it (corrupted file).

> So...any idea what I might be doing wrong...or is it just
> some quirk with the program?
>
> Thanks, again, for any prospective help.

It's probably a logic thing, Send yourself an e-mail with :PerSonAlized
ChrIsTmaS" in the subject line to check is case sensitivity is an issue.

Check to see if you have something that requires the e-mail body being
downloaded before the rule for deleting at server gets processed.

Check the "Message Source" to see if "personalized christmas" is really
what is in the subject line and not "persona|ized christmas" or
"personalized  christmas", or some other trick.

0
FromTheRafters
12/12/2009 10:20:11 PM

I just wanted to thank each and every one of you again,
for volunteering your solutions.  If time were not at
such a premium--right now--I would probably have worked
at this, using your suggestions until I figured it out,
because I hate letting computer-related things get the
best of me.  <grin>

Truth is, I may still revisit this, in the future...and
it may well be that someone else will have this same
issue, and be helped by what they see in this message
chain.  (All praise GoogleGroups.)  <wink/grin>

Jay in Madison

FromTheRafters wrote:
> "Jay Reifert" <true-agents@true-agent.com> wrote in message
>>

>> Hello...and thank you for whatever assistance you might be
>> able to render.
>>
>> I have set a message rule, in OE, which calls for certain
>> messages to be deleted from the server.  If I understand
>> this part of the rule correctly, this means the message
>> will never be downloaded...
>
> Never say never. If a former rule requires the download, it will be
> too late to stop it by the time this rule is applied.
>
>> and that it will be completely
>> deleted at the server level, so that it isn't counting
>> against my server disk storage level, either.
>
> A succesful 'delete at server' action, yes.
>
>> Figuring I'm correct in that presumption--and please let
>> me know if I'm wrong--I seem to have some messages making
>> it through that should absolutely be deleted at the server
>> level.
>>
>> Here's the latest example:
>>
>> I have set a rule which tells OE to delete any email with
>> "personalized christmas" in the subject line, at the
>> server level.
>>
>> Despite that fact, OE just let an email with the trigger
>> phrase slip through.
>
> If a former rule required a download, and the download setting was to
> leave a copy on the server, and your stated rule was then in play,
> then it could conceiveably be working as desired by deleting the
> server's copy (the "action" is not "don't let it slip through). If
> you don't want to have certain e-mails 'slip through', make sure the
> delete at server rule is first, and stop processing more rules (just
> in case rule sequence priority is usurped by some other rule priority
> scheme).
>> I have crosschecked the spelling to make sure the phrase
>> matches, and that's not the problem.  The only thing I
>> can figure, and it sure seems unlikely to me to be the
>> case, is that the OE rule is case sensitive.
>>
>> You can see a copy of how I've set the rule...and the
>> header of the message that slipped through, here:
>>
>> http://www.true-agent.com/delete_it_from_server.pdf
>
> I couldn't see it (corrupted file).
>
>> So...any idea what I might be doing wrong...or is it just
>> some quirk with the program?
>>
>> Thanks, again, for any prospective help.
>
> It's probably a logic thing, Send yourself an e-mail with
> :PerSonAlized ChrIsTmaS" in the subject line to check is case
> sensitivity is an issue.
> Check to see if you have something that requires the e-mail body being
> downloaded before the rule for deleting at server gets processed.
>
> Check the "Message Source" to see if "personalized christmas" is
> really what is in the subject line and not "persona|ized christmas" or
> "personalized  christmas", or some other trick.

0
Jay
12/12/2009 10:38:54 PM
Jay Reifert wrote:
> Ok...well, thank all of you for trying, but I'm going to
> give up on it.  I did separate the messages out, and
> they still come through, so, I'm figuring what's likely
> more at issue is that I just have too many tools trying
> to combat the problem.
>
> In addition to whatever I could set up via OE, I also
> have a product called SpamBully and have tools which
> my ISP provides, at the server level, to use rules to
> kill spam at that level.
>
> Any one of them, I suppose, could be interfering with
> the OE rules I'm trying to set.  The one I know works,
> for sure, is the ISP-related tool.  It's just that I
> have to log in to my account, on the web, to mess with
> it, and--with OE--I can do it on the spot.
>
> So...again, thanks for the suggestions.
>

> Jay
>

> Bruce Hagen wrote:
>> I too would separate From and Subject rules, especially since the
>> action is to Delete it from server, and move the rules to the top of
>> the list.
>> Some Message Rule tips:
>> http://www.insideoe.com/tips/rules.htm
>>
>> Controlling Junk Mail in Outlook Express:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/junkmail.mspx
>>
>> Message Rules not working?:
>> http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/why.htm#rules
>>
>> "Jay Reifert" <true-agents@true-agent.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Hello...and thank you for whatever assistance you might be
>>> able to render.
>>>
>>> I have set a message rule, in OE, which calls for certain
>>> messages to be deleted from the server.  If I understand
>>> this part of the rule correctly, this means the message
>>> will never be downloaded...and that it will be completely
>>> deleted at the server level, so that it isn't counting
>>> against my server disk storage level, either.
>>>
>>> Figuring I'm correct in that presumption--and please let
>>> me know if I'm wrong--I seem to have some messages making
>>> it through that should absolutely be deleted at the server
>>> level.
>>>
>>> Here's the latest example:
>>>
>>> I have set a rule which tells OE to delete any email with
>>> "personalized christmas" in the subject line, at the
>>> server level.
>>>
>>> Despite that fact, OE just let an email with the trigger
>>> phrase slip through.
>>>
>>> I have crosschecked the spelling to make sure the phrase
>>> matches, and that's not the problem.  The only thing I
>>> can figure, and it sure seems unlikely to me to be the
>>> case, is that the OE rule is case sensitive.
>>>
>>> You can see a copy of how I've set the rule...and the
>>> header of the message that slipped through, here:
>>>
>>> http://www.true-agent.com/delete_it_from_server.pdf
>>>
>>> So...any idea what I might be doing wrong...or is it just
>>> some quirk with the program?
>>>
>>> Thanks, again, for any prospective help.
>>>

>>> Jay in Madison

The 'Delete it from server' rule is a bit confusing. The Rule
description box clearly says to "Apply the rule After the message
arrives". So, it gets downloaded any way, deleted on the server, and yet
sits among legitimate mail! Hence, 'Block Sender' or 'Delete it' might
be better to automatically move them to the Deleted items folder.

Better still would be 'Do not download it from the server', so you can
mark them as junk through the web interface periodically.

Mohan...
0
Mohan
12/13/2009 2:21:06 AM
Mohan... wrote:

> The 'Delete it from server' rule is a bit confusing. The Rule
> description box clearly says to "Apply the rule After the message
> arrives". So, it gets downloaded any way, deleted on the server, and yet
> sits among legitimate mail! Hence, 'Block Sender' or 'Delete it' might
> be better to automatically move them to the Deleted items folder.
>
> Better still would be 'Do not download it from the server', so you can
> mark them as junk through the web interface periodically.
>
> Mohan...

The "After the message arrives" is misleading but then that phrase gets used
as an intro for ALL clauses that may be added to any rule.  Any rule that
forces the download of the e-mail's body, like testing for some text in the
body of the e-mail, cannot be undone by a later rule with "delete from
server".  The e-mail already had to get fully downloaded to process the
prior rule.  So you have to be careful that any rules with "delete from
server" are positioned BEFORE any rules that would force a download of the
e-mail's body.

If prior rules test on values ONLY in the headers (which uses the TOP
command), a subsequent "delete from server" rule will function as expected.

If any prior rules force a download of the e-mail's body (due to using the
RETR command), a subsequent "delete from server" rule is voided.  The
e-mail's body already got forcibly downloaded by the prior rule(s).
0
VanguardLH
12/13/2009 2:56:18 AM
VanguardLH wrote:
> Mohan... wrote:
>
>> The 'Delete it from server' rule is a bit confusing. The Rule
>> description box clearly says to "Apply the rule After the message
>> arrives". So, it gets downloaded any way, deleted on the server, and yet
>> sits among legitimate mail! Hence, 'Block Sender' or 'Delete it' might
>> be better to automatically move them to the Deleted items folder.
>>
>> Better still would be 'Do not download it from the server', so you can
>> mark them as junk through the web interface periodically.
>>
>> Mohan...
>
> The "After the message arrives" is misleading but then that phrase gets used
> as an intro for ALL clauses that may be added to any rule.  Any rule that
> forces the download of the e-mail's body, like testing for some text in the
> body of the e-mail, cannot be undone by a later rule with "delete from
> server".  The e-mail already had to get fully downloaded to process the
> prior rule.  So you have to be careful that any rules with "delete from
> server" are positioned BEFORE any rules that would force a download of the
> e-mail's body.
>
> If prior rules test on values ONLY in the headers (which uses the TOP
> command), a subsequent "delete from server" rule will function as expected.
>
> If any prior rules force a download of the e-mail's body (due to using the
> RETR command), a subsequent "delete from server" rule is voided.  The
> e-mail's body already got forcibly downloaded by the prior rule(s).

Thanks for the clarification on moving the rule to the top, to make it work.
0
Mohan

Windows Mail- Delete it from Server
I have been using "Delete it from Server" option in Windows Mail Rules successfully for a number of years now until recently. The I noticed i began receiving mails that I have defined to be deleted from server. To further this, I used another email address defining the emails from this address to be deleted from server but the emails still come through. Can anyone enlighten and help me on this? I am using Vista Home Basic and updated to the most current. The mail program is the Windows Mail. "rbernal43" <rbernal43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Vista Mail-Delete it From Server now Working
I have been using "Delete it from Server" option in Windows Mail Rules successfully for a number of years now until recently. The I noticed i began receiving mails that I have defined to be deleted from server. To further this, I used another email address defining the emails from this address to be deleted from server but the emails still come through. Can anyone enlighten and help me on this? I am using Vista Home Basic and updated to the most current. The mail program is the Windows Mail. =?Utf-8?B?cmJlcm5hbDQz?= <rberna...@discussions.microsoft.com> Y...