Your message was deleted without being read.

This option was available with exchange 5.5 and earlier outlook clients.

Today, we are running exchange 2003 ee server along with outlook 2002 clients.

Is there any way to tell if a global message is being deleted by users
without being read without turing on the "read receipt" in tracking options?

All I want to do is tell which users are deleting the messages internally.

Thanks.

mike
0
Mike1154 (1216)

No.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> This option was available with exchange 5.5 and earlier outlook clients.
>
> Today, we are running exchange 2003 ee server along with outlook 2002
> clients.
>
> Is there any way to tell if a global message is being deleted by users
> without being read without turing on the "read receipt" in tracking
> options?
>
> All I want to do is tell which users are deleting the messages internally.
>
> Thanks.
>
> mike

0
suemvp (4038)

Can I restore emails deleted from POP3 after I had setup outlook?
Can I restore emails deleted from POP3 after I had setup outlook? After setup I realized there is an option to retain new mail on the server, but all past emails have been deleted. ...

out of office messages
i have an outlook 2002 exchange on my windows 2000 and i am trying to figure out how to attach an out of office message to another computer on my network. ...

can't edit a forwarding message with Outlook
When forwarding a message using plain text, I can not edit, underline, change font, etc. Karen <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When forwarding a message using plain text, I can not edit, > underline, change font, etc. Plain text doesn't allow formatting. That's the point of plain text. -- Brian Tillman ...

How to draw .jpegs without flicker?
Hi all, I am making a program that draws various points and lines over a ~150KB .jpg image of a world map. A Screenshot can be found here: http://www.geocities.com/vitplanocka/Clipboard02.gif I use the GDI+ library for drawing. The problem is that the display flickers terribly when the position of the points on the map is altered, because the map is being redrawn from scratch every time. I have tried to solve the problem by drawing the image to an off-screen device context and then displaying it and I also tried double-buffering described on Codeguru, but neither seemed to make any speed d...

"Can't Create Backup FIle. Save [filename] Without Backp?
I get the following message every so often when running Excel 2003 under Win XP: "Can't create backup file. Save [finename] without backup?" I respond: "OK" "Your changes could not be saved to [filename] because of a sharing violation. Try saving to a different file." I respond: "OK". It presents me with the standard window allowing me to enter a new filename, which I do, then press OK. Then I get: "Do you want to save the changes you made to [fileename]? I respond: "Yes" "Document not saved." This is VERY annoying. I am t...

alter the content of the from box in a message
in outlook my "from" box automatically defaults to the email from me and that is the email address issued to me by my ISP that I entered at inception. I want my default email to read a different email which corresponds not to my ISP but to my web site and email service by my web hosters? for example my outlook says that my emails are from blanchard@btinternet.com in my signature block i type my small company details and include my company website and my email which is mail@blanchardcon.com etc how do i get this email to appear as a default in the "from" box? Enter i...

error message while opening the stored proc.
Can anybody view the stored procedure code - installed by eConnect on GPS database (Stored procs created after you install eConnect e.g. taSopHdrIvcInsert) I get error message while opening the stored proc. Error 20585: [SQL-DMO]/*******Encrypted object is not transferable, and script can not be generaqted. ******/ any comments ? ...

Delete a class.
Hi, I have a simple question here... how can I remove a class in the Visual C++ workspace? I don't seem to be able to just hitting the delete key on the keyboard... Thanks. Leo > I have a simple question here... how can I remove a class in the Visual > C++ workspace? I don't seem to be able to just hitting the delete key on > the keyboard... Thanks. VC++ will read the Header/Source files to prorduce the Class tab list... So do... 1) delete the code can make the entry in the list in your cause delete the whole class in the header and it is gone from the class lis...

Highlighting a cell
I would like to highlight a cell for data entry, but I do not want the color to print. Is there a way to acheive this in Excel 2000. Thanks Sandi <File>, <PageSetup>, <Sheet>tab, Under Print, check the "Black & White" box. HTH, RD ==================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so that all may benefit! ==================================================== "Sandi" <ssteines@abprocess.com> wrote in message news:00c601c376eb$2b9a9910$a301280a@phx.gbl... I would like to highlight a ce...

How do I delete a selection w/o having to confirm my deletion?
I keep getting a "Delete Yes/No" prompt on my task bar after highlighting text and then hitting the delete button. I then have to hit the Y key to tell it yes, I do want this deleted. It's an irritating extra step. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/UnableToDeleteText.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "ChiTown Reenie" <ChiTown Reenie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8551E9A4-251E-4E65-A646-B8389DFB956F@microsoft.com... >I keep getting a "Del...

VBA Error message
Hi there, We are trying to do some code to access some SQL 200 tables using ADO 3.6 and I always get the following error Run-Time error '3633': Cannot load DLL: '?????L?' I have tried every solution that I could find on the Microsoft site and I even Google on this error and tried everything. Here is the code that I am using and I get the error message on the Set wrk line. Anyone can help me ? ' Create connnect string. strConnect = "ODBC;DSN=eEnterprise;UID=sa;PWD=;DATABASE=TWO" ' Create ODBCDirect workspace. Set wrk = DBEngine.CreateWorkspace(&quo...

Menu wont delete!
My application uses a CMDIFrameWnd to display documents. The documents are generated in a CMDIChildWnd object. The problem is the the MDI child (i think) is creating an extra menu on top which I dont need. I tried deleting the menu inside the OnCreate method, but it does not get rid of the menu. Here is how my application looks right now with two menus at the top. http://www.limefocus.net/screenshot4.jpg Here is a snippet of code that I used to delete the top menu: int CChildFrame::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { this->GetMenu()->DestroyMenu(); this->SetMenu(NUL...

OL 2003
Hello, I recently began receiving e-mails from a Listserv group that is work related. Unfortunately, some messages are arriving with the MIME message below: ----- Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="=__Part4D6FD98F.0__=" This is a MIME message. If you are reading this text, you may want to consider changing to a mail reader or gateway that understands how to properly handle MIME multipart messages. ----- How can I set up Outlook 2003 to translate these e-mails? Thanks, SCT sctvoice <sctvoice2@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > I recently began ...

OnNewWindow2 message help.
Hi there, I have the following code: void CMFCIEEvtSpyDlg::OnNewWindow2(LPDISPATCH* ppDisp, BOOL* Cancel) { // create new instance of iespy LPDISPATCH tmpDisp; CMFCIEEvtSpyDlg* dlgPop = new CMFCIEEvtSpyDlg; // create form dlgPop->Create(IDD_MFCIEEVTSPY_DIALOG); // register as browser dlgPop->m_webBrowser.SetRegisterAsBrowser(true); tmpDisp = dlgPop->m_webBrowser.GetApplication(); dlgPop->m_webBrowser.UpdateWindow(); *ppDisp = tmpDisp; // dump data to the window. AddEventToList(WBListBox, "NewWindow2"); } which is kinda edited from the MSDN example of c...

Messages Delivered but not recived.
Our Exchange 2003 server is reciveing SMTP emails from OpenVMS. The problem is that when OpenVMS sends out a report which sends out mutlipole emails with text attachemnts only 4 or 5 of the 15 messages that are sent reach the inbox of the Outlook Client. I have looked at the Tracking Logs and it shows all 15 message being delivered with out any errors. I have tried sending the same report to 5 different users with the same results. I can send the report to other mail servers like yahoo and hotmail and everthing comes through fine. The messages are not being blocked by our virus software...

Message-Data file not properly closed???
Upon boot of Outlook, EVERYTIME, I get this message--Data file did not close properly the last time it was used and is being checked for problems. Performance might be affected by the check in progress. When I leave Outlook, I have made sure to close all files and exit properly. Is there some reason this happens? I even go back to my main screen now. Is there something more I should be doing. Did the file checking finish before you closed Outlook? If not, it will continue/restart the next time you start Outlook. If it still does this after the checking has completed, the...

Deleting Rows With Criteria
Hi there, I have data in columns A to BS [numeric and words] I want to delete all rows that do not contain the word Stoke from column K. The word Stoke may be on it's own or in a sentence [of no more than 5 words]. Any suggestions, Thanks, Bob I'd suggest using Data, Filter, Advanced Filter to create a new list of just the stoke rows. In the Criteria box point to a range off somewhere (that you create) that has the same header label as column K and in the cell below this: *stoke* -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Bob Beard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Message of: a program is trying to access email addresses
you have stored in outlook. Do you want to allow this. Why does this show up when a MAPI account tries to use this. It there something in a security setting I can change? Thanks. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Kim Newberry" <olgkim@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:004901c34d57$c602c670$a601280a@phx.gbl... > you...

setting up Vista-microsoft mail-getting POP3 server error message
What am I doing wrong? Trying to set up my MSN-Vista-Microsoft e-mail. Get an error message about the POP3 server. I give my incoming and outgoing mail server as POP3 and service provider TWC or Time Warner Cable and the error message comes up. What should I do? Can you help me? On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 19:27:09 -0700, "asilocreo" <asilocreo@microsoft.com> wrote: >What am I doing wrong? >Trying to set up my MSN-Vista-Microsoft e-mail. Get an error message about >the POP3 server. I give my incoming and outgoing mail server as POP3 and >service provider TWC or Ti...

Prevent message from being Archived...?
Howdy, In OL2K, is there a way to prevent a specific message from being archived when the AutoArchive process occurs? Thanks, -- Kenneth If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS." Open the message once a week. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Kenneth asked: | Howdy, | | In OL2K, is there a way to prevent a specific message from being |...

OL2003
In Outlook 2003, I am unable to turn on the Reading Pane for the Drafts folder. Is this by design? Or is there something I am overlooking? Neither the Reading Pane button or menu selections are available when the Drafts folder is selected. Thanks, David By annoying design. I think Chilton preview will work, but it's bottom only. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Ou...

Error Message #7
When attempting to start money 2003 receive the following error message."This application has asked the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the support team for more information." I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Same error message. a fix that is often the first thing that any support person will have you try is to go to "RUN" and enter msmoney.exe -s this is some sort of database repair startup of Money. give it a try. >-----Original Message----- >When attempting to start money 2003 receive the following >error message....

How to combine Inbox messages
Hello, I use OE as my e-mail client. I have the same account configured on several computers. Is there a way of combining all the messages from the different computers into one. In other words, is there a way to combine all my inbox.dbx, deleted.dbx, etc. files. Any ideas will be greately appreciated. Gil ...

Can message journaling be done on a single mailbox in Ex2000
Hi all, Can message journalling be done on particular mailboxes. Or is there any other way to get copied all outgoing & incoming of PARTICULAR DEPARTMENT employees to its manager's mailbox. Thanks in advance Ivar "Ravi" <ravialahan_p@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1108009914.921986.318760 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com: > Can message journalling be done on particular mailboxes. > Or is there any other way to get copied all outgoing & incoming of > PARTICULAR DEPARTMENT employees to its manager's mailbox. You'll either need an event sink or a third...

Messages Awaiting Directory Lookup #5
I am having an issue where i have 30 + messages sitting in the Messages Awaiting Directory Lookup Queue. They are only for 2 different people. We are running server 2K3 and Exchange 2003 with SP2. Any emails that were being sent to any distributions lists with this person on it were not being delivered to anyone on the list.The people in question are out in a sattelite office and have there own exchange server in that office. Not sure where to look to find any answers. pls flow these kb to find your issue http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884996/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/32833...