you must connect to microsoft exchange at least once

I keep getting this message on outlook 2007 "you must connect to
microsoft exchange at least once". What is microsoft exchange? i was
able to access my emails yesterday but today i get the afformentioned
error message. Also when it prompts me for my password it informs me
that it won't be saved on my machine

--
stujim

Check your profiles in the control panel to see if you configured one for
Exchange server. Exchange is Microsoft's mail server software that many
businesses and universities use.

"stujim" <stujim.4e1f3bd@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> I keep getting this message on outlook 2007 "you must connect to
> microsoft exchange at least once". What is microsoft exchange? i was
> able to access my emails yesterday but today i get the afformentioned
> error message. Also when it prompts me for my password it informs me
> that it won't be saved on my machine
>

> --
> stujim

0
korland (145)
8/31/2009 9:25:11 PM
Go into Control panel, Mail and delete the Exchange account from your
profile and create the correct type of account. If you upgraded to outlook
2007 and are using a profile created in an older version, make a new
profile.
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/2007_profile.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"stujim" <stujim.4e1f3bd@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> I keep getting this message on outlook 2007 "you must connect to
> microsoft exchange at least once". What is microsoft exchange? i was
> able to access my emails yesterday but today i get the afformentioned
> error message. Also when it prompts me for my password it informs me
> that it won't be saved on my machine
>

> --
> stujim

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Exchange rich-text format
What are the results from the client side if I change my Exchange 2003 server to "Alwayes Use" Exchange Rich-Text format from "Determined by individual user settings"? On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:31:01 -0700, CK <CK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What are the results from the client side if I change my Exchange 2003 server >to "Alwayes Use" Exchange Rich-Text format from "Determined by individual >user settings"? Depends on what your users are sending messages as. Most will be using HTML or RTF anyway unless you have some policy in p...

Adding 2nd server in an Exchange 5.5 environment
Is there an easy way to move the IMS connector from one Exchange 5.5 server to another? I recently added a new Exchange 5.5 server running on Windows 2000( No AD). Now I would like to move the IMS connector so I can remove the original mail server from the network. ( The Original server is a dog) I have just started this process and the goal is to get my old P2 system out of the network and replace it with a much faster Dual Xeon box, then upgrade the new mail server to Exchange 2000.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... -- Dale I believe the correct process is to instal...

Microsoft wireless laser mouse 5000
I just got one of these. I'm running Windows Vista & have been using a wired Intellimouse. I installed the software & followed the installation instructions (I thought), but the wireless mouse & receiver (which the system reports is working normally) doesn't seem to do anything. The old mouse is still installed & connected & works. What should I do to get the new mouse working? Be gentle with me I'm not a computer wizard... Hi, spentbros. Since we can't see your computer and mouse, we'll need a lot more details to be able to guess at a pr...

What is Microsoft Outlook 2007 forward as iCalendar
I read in an article that I could AVOID having my meeting attendees constantly accept meeting updates by sending the changes through using a feature called "Forward as iCalendar." For example, I want to change a meeting end time, type text in body of meeting notice, and then add an attachment. I set up a test with a coworker. However, it still required me sending an update after I sent it as a "Forward as iCalendar", because I went to close the meeting and the options were to save or not save changes. I think this was because I changed the time. So, I then set...

Converting a Microsoft Word document to a PC document

Outlook client connect to exchange server 5.5 problem
Outlook client connect to exchange server 5.5, i get the following message box: "The name could not be resolved. The connection to the microsoft exchange server is unavailable. All other clients are able to connect and resolve the mailbox name. I can't ping and resolve the exchange server from the problems outlook client. The problems occur after i run repair the w2k pro. can anyone help? EL can not ping... well start with basic IP testing. use ipconfig /all from a command prompt on the misconfigured client. Check for DHCP default Gateway - make sure it looks like a client t...

integrate with connect logistics
Did not see my post show up. I have some liquor stores looking at RMS for their POS solution. Problem is, simply accounting and quickbooks integrate with connect logistics where liquor is ordered. I don't exactly how integrated it is but I am told that there is no double entry. Anyone had any experience with this? Any integration with RMS and connect logistics? Thank You -- Kate Hulit Asyma Systems Inc. Kate Hulit wrote: > Did not see my post show up. I have some liquor stores looking at RMS for > their POS solution. Problem is, simply accounting and quickbooks integr...

Exchange Reporting #2
Hello there. We are using Exchange Server 2003 in our company. My management would like me to pull a report stating how many inbound messages are received each day by each recipient in exchange. Is this possible? I have not seen any reporting functions in the Exchange Manager which would allow me to do this. Sean MIS Systems Manager It is not possible natively. You would need to look into a 3rd party monitoring/reporting solution in order to achieve this. Something like Promodag Reports, or Quest MessageStats ought to be able to provide this information. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange M...

Exchange 2007 public folders....
I installed exch2007 beta2 and chose "no outlook 2003 clients" during installation. I think by doing this, the default public folder store is not created. I manually created a new pf store via the gui, then used powershell to create a new public folder. however outlook (2007 beta2) does not see the public folder hierarchy. is there something im missing? On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:17:26 -0400, "Jimmy" <j@j.j> wrote: >I installed exch2007 beta2 and chose "no outlook 2003 clients" during >installation. I think by doing this, the default public fold...

Exchange 2003 Envelope Journaling not working
Hi, I have a single Exchange 2003 SP1 server. I'm trying to get envelope journaling to work. I have enabled message journaling and then used "exejcfg.exe -e" to enable envelope journaling. The journal mailbox is receiving the standard message journal messages, but not the envelope journal formatted messages. I have verified with LDP to confirm the heuristic value is 512 for the Exchange Org object. Anyone else seen this before or have any advice? Thanks --- Greg Reboot maybe? greg@intellireach.com wrote: > Hi, > > I have a single Exchange 2003 SP1 server. I...

SMTP connector on Exchange 5.5?
Does anyone know how to setup an SMTP connector on Exchange 5.5? Something that is equivalent to Exchange 2000 SMTP connector? Thank you, Jack Black IMS. On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 17:02:38 -0500, "Jack Black" <JackBlack@hat.com> wrote: >Does anyone know how to setup an SMTP connector on Exchange 5.5? Something >that is equivalent to Exchange 2000 SMTP connector? > >Thank you, Jack Black > ...

Exchange OMA error message. Please read...
When our i-700's with Pocket PC 2003 attempts to access our mail exchange server, all we receive is the following error message: " A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. Home" mail.domain.com/exchange works fine though. We've installed the service pack 1 for exchange 2003 to attempt to fix this issue and are having the same results. Does anyone care to share how they may have overcome this exchange problem with their compatible PDAs and Exchange's OMA (Outlook Mobile Access...

Cannot view itme in Public Folder between 2 different exchange 2003
I have 2 Exchange 2003 on WIN2k server. Exchange 2003 (A) has 300 mailboxes and store the public folder. Exchange 2003 (B) has 100 mailboxes. User at Exchange 2003 (B) found that they can view the public folder but no items in it. User at Exchange 2003 (A) do not have this problem. Is the public folder must replicate to other server? Is any suggestion to view the item if no replication on public folder ?? Thanks Dennis JoJo These 2 servers in the same routing group. Exchange 2003 (A) is the Master Exchange 2003 (B) is the Member "omer maydan" <omermaydan@yahoo.com> wr...

Minimum Exchange 2003 for CRM 1.2?
Hello We are trying to setup a test deployment of CRM 1.2 for 5 users We (parent organisation) already has a email system (UNIX , pop, smtp) in place. I wish to learn what is the minimum Exchange setup that I need to do to deploy the test environment Is there a way to to configure the Exchange server such that it still uses the parent email system and still be used with the CRM thank you very much for your help vikrantca Hello, vikrantca wrote: > We are trying to setup a test deployment of CRM 1.2 for 5 users. > We (parent organisation) already has a email system (UNIX , pop, > smt...

Exchange fails to send CRM emails
When I try to send emails using the CRM 3.0 web interface "most" of them fail to be sent. If I copy that exact same and email and send it to the same address using outlook 2003 it sends with no problem. Exchange 2003 will send me an email, a day later that is is delayed and then finally another day later that it failed. I have turned off the email tracking in CRM and this did not help. I thought the numbers CRM puts in the subject may have been causing it to be blocked. What could be causing the emails to fail when sent using CRM and the exact same email to work with Outlook...

2003 SP1 ADC running with Exchange 2000
Can you run ADC version 2003 SP1 even though all your Exchange servers are still 2000? This means that you have already ran domain/forest prep right? If so you can only run the 2003 version of the ADC. This is not recommended and could cause replication errors with Exchange/AD. Mark "BrianG" wrote: > Can you run ADC version 2003 SP1 even though all your Exchange servers are > still 2000? Correct, domain and forest prep has already been ran. Why can I run 2003 but not 2003 with SP1? We want to use the cross adminstrative group mailbox move function that came with...

How to export exchange global address book to WAB file?
I would like to export exchange address book to outlook express address book. How to export exchange global address book to WAB file? Mesak wrote: > I would like to export exchange address book to outlook express > address book. How to export exchange global address book to WAB file? I don't know about wab files, but see if http://www.slipstick.com/exs/portagal.htm helps at all. ...

Exchange 5.5 Reinstall & isinteg -patch
Let me give you the situation: I'm a brand new administrator just joining a medium sized (bout 2000 users all together) company. Specifically, I'm going to be handleing their move to Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. One thing that I'm really distrubed by though is that their existing infrastructure is downright scary (their PDC died last week...so get this, they slapped the hard drives in another machine and prayed they could get it to come up...they did, but how crazy is that that that (like that? ;) ) happened at all.) Anyways, backk to their exchange org...they have three dom...

exchange 5.5
I have a user who is getting emails addressed to another person in their mailbox. I checked the headers and the email was only addressed to person A (no cc's or bcc's), yet person B got it in their mailbox. What could be causing this? I have exchange 5.5 with SP 4 installed on a Windows 2000 Server. Jason: UserA most likely has some type of rule set up on his/her mailbox. Log on to UserA's mailbox with Outlook and check the rules. Also, there might be a setting on the mailbox itself that forwards message to UserB, so check the Delivery Options tab of UserA's mailbox prop...

Managing Exchange 2000 with 2003 MMC System Management Tools
Hello, I am currently setting up a Windows 2003 Terminal Server with It management applications, but I found out that Exchange 2000 Systems Management Tools can't be installed on Windows 2003. So I was curious; can you use Exchange 2003 MMC Snapins against a Exchange 2000 server? If so, are there any gotcha's? OR Is it possible to install Exchanage 2000 System Management Tool on a Windows 2003 server - Is there like a work around on this? Help is appreciated. Thanks! I have been using Exchange 2003's ESM MMC snap-in to manage Exchange 2000 servers for some time and I hav...

Exchange 2000 NDR
Hi, I'm trying to send an email to this recipient: a.b.c.@mydomain.com Exchange sends back a 5.1.3 NDR -I think it's due to the dot before @ in the address-. How can I tell exchange to acept this kind of address? Thanks. ...

Exchange 2003 Question??
Dear all, I would like to know if there is an upgrade path from Exchange 2003 Standard Edition with SA to Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition with SA? Thank you. Regards, Kueh. This might help http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;170280 -- Santhosh Sivarajan MCSE(W2K/NT4),MCSA(W2K3/W2K/MSG),CCNA,Network+ "KA Kueh" <kka@ksm.com.my> wrote in message news:exVKwgOKEHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Dear all, > > I would like to know if there is an upgrade path from Exchange 2003 Standard > Edition with SA to Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition wit...

Exchange 2003
Send As permission didnt set but all users are able to send as another user. Anyone encountered this before? Any solution? On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 22:42:01 -0700, Fui Fan <FuiFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Send As permission didnt set but all users are able to send as another user. >Anyone encountered this before? Any solution? If everyone can do this you may have the all users (if there is one) security group inside an Exchange group you shouldn't. Look on the properties of a user account (yours perhaps) and see what groups have "Mull Mailbox Access". Nobody...

Exchange error
Hello, for one week now, my exchange 2000 server crashes nearly every night at random time, the only solution to have it all restart is to restart the entire server. In the application log, multiple error events are reported like these : Event Type: Error Event Source: Userenv Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 26/07/2005 Time: 01:27:39 User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: BELLINI Description: Windows cannot establish a connection to *domain name* with (1364). Event Type: Error Event Source: Userenv Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 26/07/2005 Time: 01:37:41 User: ...

Changes Since Moving to Exchange
Hi there; I have subfolders within the inbox, and then subfolders within the subfolders. I also have rules so that when a message comes in from a certain person the message goes into their folder. Before we moved to our new exchange server if someone sent a message and the message went to their folder, the number of unread emails in the folder changes (ie, if Joe Bloggs sends an email to me his message goes to the Joe Bloggs folder, and it looks like Joe Bloggs (1)). And the folder that the 'Joe Bloggs' is in (for this example it could be 'staff') would also...