Yet another "Outlook won't close" post....tried everything!

Hello - I'm running Outlook 2003 in cached Exchange mode
on Windows XP Pro.  All outstanding WinXP and Outlook
patches/updates have been applied.

As other users have experienced, when I close Outlook by
any method, the Outlook icon stays in the system tray and
the only way I can close it is to kill the process
through Task Manager.  Until I do that, I can't start
Outlook.

I've read all the other messages on this group and
website suggestions about this problem, which seem to
indicate is that there's another program/process
integrated with Outlook that is hanging Outlook.  Here's
what I've tried:

I've killed all possible processes through Task Manager
and it still happens.  I've run Outlook in SAFE mode and
it still won't close.  I've run scanpst on my .ost file
and it still happens.  I've renamed outcmd.dat and it
still happens.  It seems I've tried every possible
suggestion and Outlook still won't close.  I would assume
that when I ran in SAFE mode, I was eliminating
the "integrated process" problem.

At any rate, having tried all the suggestions and still
having the problem, is there anything I haven't tried?
Any new ideas?  Thanks!

Mitchell
0
anonymous (74722)

Winfax?
Activesynch?
Franklin Planner Plus?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Mitchell asked:

| Hello - I'm running Outlook 2003 in cached Exchange mode
| on Windows XP Pro.  All outstanding WinXP and Outlook
| patches/updates have been applied.
|
| As other users have experienced, when I close Outlook by
| any method, the Outlook icon stays in the system tray and
| the only way I can close it is to kill the process
| through Task Manager.  Until I do that, I can't start
| Outlook.
|
| I've read all the other messages on this group and
| website suggestions about this problem, which seem to
| indicate is that there's another program/process
| integrated with Outlook that is hanging Outlook.  Here's
| what I've tried:
|
| I've killed all possible processes through Task Manager
| and it still happens.  I've run Outlook in SAFE mode and
| it still won't close.  I've run scanpst on my .ost file
| and it still happens.  I've renamed outcmd.dat and it
| still happens.  It seems I've tried every possible
| suggestion and Outlook still won't close.  I would assume
| that when I ran in SAFE mode, I was eliminating
| the "integrated process" problem.
|
| At any rate, having tried all the suggestions and still
| having the problem, is there anything I haven't tried?
| Any new ideas?  Thanks!
|
| Mitchell

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
6/4/2004 6:24:32 AM
No - none of those.

Mitchell

intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent=20
to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
Mitchell asked:

>| Hello - I'm running Outlook 2003 in cached Exchange=20
mode
>| on Windows XP Pro.  All outstanding WinXP and Outlook
>| patches/updates have been applied.
>|
>| As other users have experienced, when I close Outlook=20
by
>| any method, the Outlook icon stays in the system tray=20
and
>| the only way I can close it is to kill the process
>| through Task Manager.  Until I do that, I can't start
>| Outlook.
>|
>| I've read all the other messages on this group and
>| website suggestions about this problem, which seem to
>| indicate is that there's another program/process
>| integrated with Outlook that is hanging Outlook. =20
Here's
>| what I've tried:
>|
>| I've killed all possible processes through Task Manager
>| and it still happens.  I've run Outlook in SAFE mode=20
and
>| it still won't close.  I've run scanpst on my .ost file
>| and it still happens.  I've renamed outcmd.dat and it
>| still happens.  It seems I've tried every possible
>| suggestion and Outlook still won't close.  I would=20
assume
>| that when I ran in SAFE mode, I was eliminating
>| the "integrated process" problem.
>|
>| At any rate, having tried all the suggestions and still
>| having the problem, is there anything I haven't tried?
>| Any new ideas?  Thanks!
>|
>| Mitchell=20
>

>.

0