Yet another address book question

Just move to Outlook ought three and t'was my good luck to see a posting
here simply saying the you could no longer automatically put people you
reply to in your address book. That's what I was looking for.

Followed the link to some code to work around this but there was no
explanation about how to make the code work.

So, what's the real work around for this handy feature (automatically adding
people to your phone book)? Do I just use OE or move to some other email
program?

Thanks,
Becky

0
rpsmith1 (4)

If you are referring to the sample code at
http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autobcc.htm, the instructions are right
there at the top of the page:

"...  put this VBA code in the built-in ThisOutlookSession module (Press
Alt+F11 to get to the VBA development environment)." If it doesn't run,
check your macro security setting in Tools | Macro | Security.

If you're new to Outlook VBA macros, these web pages should help you get
started:

http://www.winnetmag.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=21522&pg=1
http://www.outlookcode.com/d/vb.htm

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Rebecca Smith" <rpsmith@pcez.com> wrote in message
> Just move to Outlook ought three and t'was my good luck to see a posting
> here simply saying the you could no longer automatically put people you
> reply to in your address book. That's what I was looking for.
>
> Followed the link to some code to work around this but there was no
> explanation about how to make the code work.
>
> So, what's the real work around for this handy feature (automatically
> adding people to your phone book)? Do I just use OE or move to some other
> email program?
>
> Thanks,
> Becky

0
suemvp (4038)

Another quick question! Thanks!
I have a workbook with 9 worksheets. These sheets are named different names, but let=92s just say they are named sheet1 =96 sheet9. Sheet1 is named =93Main=94 while the other ones are different. When you open the workbook, I want only sheet1 (sheet1 named =93Main) showing and all the other sheets hidden. I want a macro in sheet1 (sheet1 is named =93Main) that when clicked will pop up a box asking something like: click 1 to view sheet2; click 2 to view sheet3=85etc), when the number is selected, I want the macro to hide all other sheets and unhide sheet3 for viewing. Thanks! You could use ...

Disguise email addresses
I have a company with an SBS2k3 machine running Exchange. My salesmen have Email addresses setup and are using CRM 3.0. I setup another company for the Salesmen and they have different email addresses. I want them to be able to log into my server and send email addresses and they appear as if they are coming from the new email addresses. I own both websites and both sets of email addresses. However only one of them for example, "bob@redwood.com" comes into the Exchange Server. The other, "Bob@sunshine.com" is webmail on a hosting site I run. I will forward all email ...

If any cell in a range is blank question
Hello. I have two sheets in a workbook. One is a Summary sheet, and the next is titled "Bldg 5". What I am trying to make sure is that the range A1:K20 on the Bldg 5 sheet has had data entered to them (ie, they are not blank). The question that corresponds to Summary sheet A1 is "Has the data for Bldg 5 been updated?" If ANY blank in Bldg 5's range A1: K20, then put a "NO" in Summary A1's cell. If ALL of the Bldg 5 range had data in it, then put a "YES" in Summary A1. I also need A1 to update as data is entered into the Bldg 5 range (a...

Address Book #48
I have just moved from OE to Outlook as my mail client. I find I no longer have access to the Windows address book available from OE. I can't find any way to export / import into Outlook Windows address book accessed from OE was user friendly, allowing set up of different folders etc., but again, that doesn't seem to be possible in Outlook. I would much appreciate any guidance. Regards. ____________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________ File > Import and Export... Entries will appear in your C...

File Modified by Another User #2
I have recently upgraded my PC to Windows XP SP2 and am having a curious problem. When I attempt to save the file, I get a dialog box stating the file might have been modified by another user - do I wish to save a copy or overwrite changes. The workbook is not shared - however, it does reside on a Linux Samba share. But then again, it has always resided on the share. Only since the SP2 update, has this started happening: These are the steps I followed: 1. Opened Excel 2. Opened the file on the Samba share 3. Clicked SAVE 4. Got the dialog box asking to overwrite changes or s...

pswd question
On XP pro sp3, if I start->run and type control userpasswords2 then hit enter I get a UserAccts window, I then click the Advanced Tab, I then go down to the center of the window to the AdvancedUserManagement heading and then look to the right and click the Advanced button, I get another window called LocalUsersAndGroups, if I then click Users->MyAcctName I finally get a window that called MyAcctName Properties, if I look down to the center I see a check box (that is checked) beside a heading that says, "password never expires". Ok.......now I go to ControlPanel(ClassicV...

Remote Server Question
Right customer wants to acces his win2k8 server remotely. IT is using a generic printer from the server. At the office the printer is on a network. Terminal Services are being used to access the server remotely. What needs to be done to get said printer working? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee UK Time for a Common Sense change vote Liberal Democrat / Alliance Whether "at the o...

I need to auto insert names in outlook address bar
I have outlook. I would like to have the address inserted after I type a few letters. I know this features exists, but I cannot for the life of me figure this one out. Please help. thanx for any assistance. think peace, max This feature only exists in Outlook 2002 and higher. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza http://www.cardozasolutions.com "max" <max@dis...

Copying from one workbook to another, without taking the name of the 1st workbook with it.
I am trying to copy from one workbook to another and when I paste the copied sheet into the new workbook, the cells refer to the name of the first workbook and I want to take that out before I paste into the new workbook. Anyone know how to get around this? Hi! If you are copying a whole sheet from one workbook to another, use th copy sheet dialogue box. (Edit>Move or copy sheet..) Remember to check Create a copy and select the workbook to copy to fro the upper dropdown box. Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Jenny You can do this Select all cells Use replace ...

AD Computer object question
Hello, I have computer object within Active Directory for a specific server. Due to an issue, the link between the two has been broken. Is there any way to recreate the link without delete the AD object and join back the server into the domain? Thanks for your help, It's a really urgent matter, please help Dark Hello darkbol, Which kind of machine is it, Domain controller or member server or workstation? What is the exact error message? Did something happened before or is it just out of the blue? Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is pro...

Best book to start Excel Visual Basic?
Hi guys, I am pretty good at using Excel formulas, but I never programmed or used macro and would like to start. I wonder if you might suggest a book deemed to be the best. thanks in advance VBA For Dummies by John Walkenbach. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace xxxx in the email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Domanda" <Dom@anda.net> wrote in message news:bjovg5phv6n1gqppd6vh83jjs92utnsbdl@4ax.com... > Hi guys, > > I am pretty good at using Excel formulas, but I never programmed or > used macro and would like to start. I wonder if ...

Pivot Table question #4
Hi I have spreadsheets that take data via a pivot table from an OLAP cube that is held on a terminal server. The spreadsheets hold figures entered by me and figures obtain from the pivot table. I want to enable the automatic update on the pivot table but the pivot table is sorted by a project number obtained from the OLAP cube. My problem is if a new project is added to the OLAP cube then it is automatically selected from the drop down list. I want to be able to turn this off so that it only selects the project I have previously chosed. For example if I have selected the filter nu...

GP Extender Tables Question (GP9)
I have created an Extender window with 3 Fields (let’s just say price 1, price 2, price 3). I can see where it got created in table EXT40100, field User_Defined_Prompts_1 etc and I can also see where the data is stored in EXT00103. What I don’t see is where the prompts from EXT40100 are in its own rows so that you can link them to EXT00103 for reporting purposes. I know I can hard code the flags to their proper values in Crystal or set up my own custom table to do it but I would have thought that Extender will have a table like that. Am I just not seeing it? -- Pieter The prompts ...

x-y Line Graph question
I have a line graph. X is dates and Y is numeric data. I am plotting 12/1/2005 through 1/30/2006. The problems is my series does not start at the "left most" point of 12/1/2005, it is shifted slightly. And the line does not end at the "right most" point of 1/30/2006. Any ideas will be appreciated. thanks! XL has two distinct chart types even though they look similar, the XY Scatter chart and the Line chart. There is no XY Line graph. I believe you have a Line graph. Double-click the x-axis and from the Scale tab uncheck the 'Value (Y) axis crosses betwe...

Question on Formats...
This ought to be quite simple to answer. Is it possible to format the contents of a combobox? On sheet1 I have text in cells A1 to A8 e.g A1 = John, A2 = Steve, A3 = Claire etc. I have a combobox on a chart that displays those names when I click the down arrow. The default is lower case, black lettering. Can I make the names appear in bold and green for example? I have tried modifying the original names but that makes no difference. If I right click the combobox and select <Format Control> I cannot see a way to format my data entries. Maybe you can't do it. And I want to ...

Calculate from another sheet
If i in a sheet have a1=1 , b1 =2 , c1 = 3 , d1 = 4, e1 = 5 and so on and in a2 = 100, B2 = 100, c2 = 100 , e2 =100 ans o on Then in another sheet i write maybe 4 then i want a cell there have a sum from 1 to 4 In this case from a2 to e2 if I write maybe 2 The a sum from a2 to b2 Can i do this? If 4 is A2 to E2, and 2 is A2 to B2, presumably 3 is A2 to about half way between C2 and D2? It sounds as if you want the OFFSET function; details in Excel help. -- David Biddulph "alvin Kuiper" <alvinKuiper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Chart
Hello, I created a line column chart on 2 axis. I have four data sets. The first 3 should go on the primary Y axis as columns and the 4th should go on the secondary Y axis as a line. However, Excel wants to automatically put both the 3rd and 4th data sets on the secondary axis as lines. I cannot find any command to change the 3rd data set to go onto the primary axis as a column. Any suggestions would be most appreciated! -Patty On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:27:33 -0800, Patty = <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I created a line column chart on 2 ...

[more of a 'c' question really] Converting doubles to strings without getting scientific notation
Hello hello.. I'm using _gcvt in a dialog to display a double, but when it gets small the string appears in scientific notation ie 0.02 become 2e-02 Is there another conversion routine I can use to prevent this? I have a not terribly scientific customer who would prefer a straight forward decimal display. Thanks "Zardoz" <thing@thing.thing> wrote in message news:122lvvkvicks85nka58iugok64ba0plpem@4ax.com... > Hello hello.. > > > I'm using _gcvt in a dialog to display a double, but when it gets > small the string appears in scientific notation ...

CRM v3.0 Questions
Hello, Is the fuctionality to unshare multiple records available in v3.0. The 1.2 documentation shows this functionality but it seems to be missing from the actual product. When you re-assign a record in v1.2 the record maintains a share relationship with the prior owner. Does v3.0 function the same way. Are there any tricks (other than using SCRIBE) when importing new records to link multiple contacts to a single lead. Has any new flexibilty been added to the Microsoft record importer. Thanks, Ron In 3.0 if you go to the settings > Organization Settings > System Settings th...

Sending graphic data to another computer2
Thank you for your reply... But I don't want to create a file, Just to send data and then show them in the server app. > this code captures the screen and writes it to a jpg, writing to a file will > take long, you should look into something that changes the bitmap into a jpg > in memory, perhapse even lets you play with the DPI (quality) to reduce the > size of the jpg. Like i said, my example creates a file, but you SHOULD NOT CREATE A FILE, you should simply convert the Bitmap to a JPG in memory so that it does not take too much memory. The bigger the image the longer it...

OL 2003; Question about two default attachments in HTMLMessage Format
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C51E85.7F26CCA0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0010_01C51E85.7F26CCA0" ------=_NextPart_001_0010_01C51E85.7F26CCA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Outlook 2003, XPP SP2=20 Hello, When I send an e-mail message in HTML message format, the recipient = (even when I send to myself) also receives two default attachments, = image001.png and image002.png. The first image is a what I would guess a = Microsoft ...

Strange SMTP addresses in Public Folders
Hello all I noticed today that several of my public folders have hundreds of randomly named SMTP addresses in the "E-mail Addresses" tab under the properties of each folder. The primary e-mail address matching the name of the public folder exist in the long list of other addresses so e-mail sent to the folder in making it to the right place, but why there are hundreds of other SMTP addresses has me stumped. All of the addresses are 6 characters in front of the @ and then the correct domain name for my organization. Example: 10a8cd@domain.com, 10c426@domain.com. One of my folders...

Macro: Find matching DATA, copy correspondently values into another list
Okey guys - please advise me on this. (There was unfortunately no quick response to my latest problem - and I begun to swim... However - that brought me out on deep VBA-water...again - and now need a life buoy (metaphorical spoken)). The core of my macro problem is to look for all the values in column A (Range A5:A??) in Sheet "BOARD" (not bored!!!) that match values in another list placed in column A in sheet "LIST". When finding the match I will copy correspondent celle.value in column D / sheet "BOARD" into column B in sheet "LIST" - this w...

Purchase Book template
Dear Sir/Mam I want a template for Daily record of purchase item. Because of microsoft community member can give me best format. So i m requesting you. Thanks in advance. Rao Ratan Singh Rao Perhaps something at the MS Office Template Gallery will help. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011377101033.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 21:33:03 -0800, Rao Ratan Singh <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dear Sir/Mam >I want a template for Daily record of purchase item. Because of microsoft >community member can give me best format. S...

My New E-Mail Address
Hi This Is Richard Giving Everybody My New E-mail Address . Well, since you posted to a public newsgroup, where unscrupulous harvesters gather e-mail addresses and sell them to spammers, I suspect you're soon going to be getting a new address. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Richard G. Ramirez" <****> wrote in message news:O%23ozFmTiIHA.2084@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi This Is Richard Giving Everybody My New E-mail Address . ...