Wrong time on incoming mail messages

Hi. I'm working in Outlook Express 6, and even though the
clock on my computer is correct, the times listed for
received messages is wrong. Any idea how to change this?
Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

By How Much are they wrong!
Do they have the correct date?
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

Anne & Pat Garard.
apgarardATbigpondDOTnetDOTau

Pat
12/17/2003 5:10:40 AM
Yes, the date is right, but they're off by about an hour.
What I can't figure out is that I thought it went by my
computer clock, which is right!

Thanks.

0
anonymous (74722)

catch the incoming message event on a public folder
Hello, Is it possible to catch the incoming message event when a new message arrives into a public folder, and run an external exe file? Thanks. ...

Cannot send mails through Outlook
Good Day, Our Exchange 2003 Server with Service Pack 1 on a Server 2003 machine without Service Pack 1 is on the fritz. We were having problems with the SMTP protocol not responding after an hour or so and decided to try to replicate the server to a new server on the network. The server was installed and we tried to use Vertitas Backup Exec 9.1 to restore a backup of our Exchange First Information Store to that server. Veritas errored out saying that: "Restore - \\CARLMAIL\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group Error: The database Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE) must be creat...

Change Junk E-mail SCL
I found out one day that you could change the SCL of what messages will be moved to Junk E-mail folder in Outlook. Does anyone know how this is done and also what is the default SCL level that is filtered to junk E-mail folder? GC GauiC <gudjonmar@gmail.com> wrote: > I found out one day that you could change the SCL of what messages > will be moved to Junk E-mail folder in Outlook. Who told you that was possible? > Does anyone know how this is done and also what is the default SCL > level that is filtered to junk E-mail folder? As far as I can tell, there is no &quo...

deleting sent messages from OE
All of a sudden I cannot delete unwanted sent messages from my sent file.any suggestions?? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress for OE 6.x microsoft.public.internet.mail.mac for the Macintosh versio...

How do I make incoming messages that are unread bold in my inbox?
I used to have all incoming messages bold faced before I opened them. All of a sudden, that stopped. How do I get the new incoming, unread messages bold again? What version of Outlook are you using? That's a Conditional Formatting rule that does that - how to reset it will depend slightly on what version of Outlook you're using. What if you go to View | Current View, what view does it say you're using? Messages? If you click View | Current View | Define Views you can click the "Reset..." button to reset the default views to default - keeping in mind ...

Time Formula #3
I have a two times (ex 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM) I want to figure out the number of hours from the start of one time to the end of the other time. What formula do I use? The formula is =[cell showing 5:30 PM]-[cell showing 8:30 AM]. Format the answer as 0.00 and the formula will show hours and fractions thereof (e.g. 4 1/2 hours will show as 4.50). "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3db001c4a662$2dd276b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I have a two times (ex 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM) I want to > figure out the number of hours from the start of one time...

BP Project Time and and Expense should have a settings page.
Currently in Project Time and Expense, the administrator must use SQL to manipulate PTE settings. A quick look at the PTE admin guide shows the following settings are controlled by manually altering the PmaTimesheetConfig or PmaExpenseConfig tables: 1. Displaying Department, Position, or Pay Code fields in the Task Detail dialog 2. Configuring whether to display a confirmation message when users delete line items on timesheets or expense reports 3. Enabling action notes so users can provide additional information on timesheets or expense reports It seems like we should have a...

Date and Time setup
I work at a 24 hour job we take readings every hour. I want to have the date autofill a cell as the current date but our sheet changes at 0700 every day. So if the sheet is worked on at 0100 the date needs to be for the past day starting at 0700, if the time for the current day changes to 0800 the cell will display the new date. ie: 0100hrs = 4/18/06 0600hrs = 4/18/06 0800hrs = 4/19/06 etc... =TODAY()-(A1<=TIME(7,0,0))*1 HTH -- AP "Joe" <jdbarnes63@earthlink.net> a �crit dans le message de news:28db731403ef4144bf9b3800591a428e@ureader.com... > I work at a 24 ho...

print multiple mail with attachment
Outlook 2000 UK SR-1 Corporate or Workgroup. When selecting multiple mail with some attachment(word, excel) and some with out, the mail with attachments are not always printed together. There is none follow up line in printing. And I know that it became that Word have to start-up or Excel. But is there not a possibility that the mail with the attachment keep together when printing? You might want to take a look at this add-ins for that; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Print-On-Demand.asp?Source=RS or a more advanced one http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Auto-Print.asp?Sourc...

Debug Assertion Failed Message in afx.inl at line122 & afshtml.inl file at line 57
Hi, I am getting some Debug Assertion Failed in afx.inl at line 122 and in afxhtml.inl at line 57 Messages on PCs. If i do "Rebuild all" again on my PC then the code starts working. But it gives "Debug Assertion Failed message of afx.inl file at line 122" on other PC. And if i do "Rebuild All" on that second PC then it gives "Debug Assertion Failed message of afxhtml.inl file at line 57" on my PC. It is a debug build. If i take the exe and create a installer then also the installer works on many PCs but gives the message of afx.inl file. The afx.inl li...

(right click)>Send To>Mail Recipient... not working...?
On my computer at work, I noticed today that if I right click on a file, choose send to: "Mail Recipient" , instead of bringing up a new email loaded with the file etc... it brings up my MSN Explorer log on screen. I checked and I do have Outlook set as the default email client so why is not acting correctly? I have the same setup at home and it works correctly (brings up a new email loaded with an attached file of choice). is there a way to choose somewhere (setting, registry etc) what comes up when I right click menu -send to- mail recipient? "99XJ" <rnwrede...

Outlook 2007
I am trying to set up a receipt to where if someone sends me an email, my email will automatically write them back some kind of acknowledgement email advising them that their email was received and will be answered in 2-3 business days. Any ideas if this can be done???? Thanks!!! "Senor Martinez" <SenorMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8635126F-BD00-4B87-BEA2-F5F39AADEF64@microsoft.com... >I am trying to set up a receipt to where if someone sends me an email, my > email will automatically write them back some kind of acknowledgement...

Have E-mails available in 2 Locations to View
Is it possible (and easy) to configure 2 PC's to have the same e-mails? What I'm think of, instead of synchronizing via a memory stick that I would share out the "Outlook.pst" file which would be located on PC-1 in Location-1 over our network, then when I am in my remote location, my PC-2 in location-2 will look at this "Outlook.pst" file, thus having the same e-mails and not duplicates. We don't run Windows server just stand alone PC on a peer-to-peer network. Would what I have detailed above work? I'm just assuming that you can't have both PC&#...

Applying message rules to incoming mail
I have set up specific rules to prevent messages with certian words from loading to my computer from the srver but they are coming in anyway. I have tried all options as to where they should go. I cannot get the rules to automatically apply. Have to go in to Message Rules and hit Apply Now to make it work each time What am I not doing or doing wrong. Are these rules with words in the message body? Delete it from server won't work because the message has to be downloaded before the rule can read the message body. In general: Have all rules that Delete it from server fir...

CRM E-mail in Draft Folder
When sending e-mail from CRM, the sent e-mail is going to the Drafts folder in Outlook. The e-mails are not showing up in the Sent folder yet recipients are receiving the e-mail. Any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks. We had this issue as well, and it was an issue where the user composing the mail was leaving the mail unsent open for longer then the default time of 3 minutes in Outlook. I set the users to save to drafts after 15minutes, and it has solved my issue. Hope this helps, Scott Thanks. I'll try it. "frappe33@gmail.com" wrote: > We had this issue a...

Message Lost!!
Hi, My thread sends MESSAGE to his main window during a "for". App gets this message via PreTranslateMessage() function and i've noticed that some message have been lost.. During Debug i usually write to OutPutWindow and each time a custom message arrive i put a string on debug window, now: -- Right message sequence MESSAGE 65004: wParam 0 - xParam1:12 - xParam2:1 - xParam3:0 - szParam: MESSAGE 65004: wParam 0 - xParam1:12 - xParam2:3 - xParam3:0 - szParam: MESSAGE 65004: wParam 0 - xParam1:12 - xParam2:0 - xParam3:0 - szParam: in some cases i lost one or two message, ...

error messages after install
I have installed the server software on a box running Small Business Server. I have installed the client software on all the desktops and clients. All the clients can connect except one. When the user starts Outlook, the following two error messages pop up. 1. Microsoft CRM The use ID associated with the current records is not valid. 2. Microsoft CRM An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM funtionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your administrator if errors persists. the ID is correct. the user ID setup for CRM is the same as the Windows login ID. Restarting Outlook pro...

Exch 2003 - Stopped MTA Stacks Service
We've got two Exchange 2003 servers in native mode. I had read that you don't need the MTA Stacks service running in this configuration, so I stopped the service on both boxes yesterday. I came in this morning and there were hundreds of emails queued up on both servers queues to each other. When I highlighted the queue on one of the servers it said the other server was unreachable. I then found that we had no DNS entries for these servers in our AD DNS. I added them, and also added MX records and mail started flowing between them again. Does the MTA Stacks service provide some kind of ...

Can't Reply messages................HELP
I cant seem to reply messages both in outlook 2003 and outlook 2007. every time i reply to a sender not in my address book the senders name appears on the "to" field but not the addresses. How do i fix this..... Help What happens when you send? The address is not shown if it is not part of the display name. When you right click the address and choose Outlook Properties, do you see their address then? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://w...

Exch 5.5
New spam method: * for any given email server - format the header with an INVALID recipient - format the header so that the "Reply-to:" is the intended victim on the spammer's list This allows them to relay off of any server because the server will reply with a non-deliverable report returning the original message to the address in the "Reply-to:" field. Spam accomplished. So, if the incoming email is addressed to an invalid recipient (nosuchuser@mydomain.com), is there a way to force Exchange 5.5 to automatically delete the email to prevent an NDR from be...

Error message #8
Recurring error message on client running Outlook 2003: "Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error(0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'" Server - SBS 2003 SP1 Client - XP Pro SP2 Any suggestions as to possible causes? -- Ian Van Wyck British Columbia ...

Deleting e-mails on mailserver from Outlook2000 using POP3
Deleting e-mails on mailserver from Outlook2000 using POP3 I am using outlook2000 with pop3 account. I have configured pop3 to keep messages on server because I access same e-mail account from different computer . However, I've noticed when e-mail is deleted from an Inbox, deletion does not affect server's e-mail, leaving the e-mail undeleted. This results in deleted mail being downloaded when I am using a different computer. How can I do this so only undeleted e-mails are kept on server side when using pop3 protocol? Sorry, there isn't IMAP protocol being supported and no plan to...

Windows Mail 05-07-10
Can someone help me find a way to make an incoming message smaller. some of the messages I get are too big to fit in the window, therefore I cannot read the end of the lines.Only half the message is readable On Thu, 6 May 2010 23:31:01 -0700, Frannie <Frannie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Can someone help me find a way to make an incoming message smaller. some of >the messages I get are too big to fit in the window, therefore I cannot read >the end of the lines.Only half the message is readable options\line wrap . "Jim" <bojimbo261@...

Can't find e-mail address in my organization
I need to add an e-mail address in my Exchange 2003 server. When I add it to a user, it says "This e-mail address already exists in this organization. ID no: c10312e7 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension". I looked at all users but did not see it any user profile. Is there a way to search for the user that has this address assigned to it? we have just answered same question, Where is this email address posted by Jamie Dawes (-: Just to make it easier for you, here are the steps for locating an smtp address which is being used already go to ADUC Click on Find ob...

outlook cannot logon to my incoming POP3 mail server.
Hi, for the last 3 days i have had no incoming email from 3 email accounts, i can however send out emails. i have been in touch wiht my domain host and they have checked all my settings and say they are correct and said i must contact Outlook. i keep getting this message saying " unable to connect to incoming (POP3) email server. All help gratefully received "Help Needed Please" <Help Needed Please@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A66F62C-BD3B-454D-9DA2-5856F111879B@microsoft.com... > Hi, for the last 3 days i have had no incoming em...