Wrong time in Outlook

Hi,

I've got a really strange problem. My Mails in Outlook have all the
wrong time - 9 hours back. This affects incoming and outgoing mails. It
can't be a matter of the e-mail-provider because I've got accounts in
gmx, web, yahoo, gmail and all have the same problem.

Where can outlook get the wrong time ? The system time is correct of
course.

Thanks for your help.

Ralf

0
rabele (5)

is the system time zone correct? whois shows your posting IP is in
Germany... and windows defaults to pacific time zone so that would account
for the difference.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

<rabele@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've got a really strange problem. My Mails in Outlook have all the
> wrong time - 9 hours back. This affects incoming and outgoing mails. It
> can't be a matter of the e-mail-provider because I've got accounts in
> gmx, web, yahoo, gmail and all have the same problem.
>
> Where can outlook get the wrong time ? The system time is correct of
> course.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Ralf

0
outlookmvp (5838)
2/16/2006 7:51:36 PM
Hi Diane,

thank you for your answer. The time zone is correct. It's GMT+1. The
system time in the lower right corner shows the correct time. Just
Outlook and for instance a TV schedule show the wrong time. In the
movie schedule I have breakfast TV at prime time (around 8pm).

Any further suggestions ?

Thanks.
Ralf

Diane Poremsky [MVP] schrieb:

> is the system time zone correct? whois shows your posting IP is in
> Germany... and windows defaults to pacific time zone so that would account
> for the difference.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> <rabele@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've got a really strange problem. My Mails in Outlook have all the
> > wrong time - 9 hours back. This affects incoming and outgoing mails. It
> > can't be a matter of the e-mail-provider because I've got accounts in
> > gmx, web, yahoo, gmail and all have the same problem.
> >
> > Where can outlook get the wrong time ? The system time is correct of
> > course.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > Ralf

0
rabele (5)
2/17/2006 7:53:22 AM
rabele@gmail.com <rabele@gmail.com> wrote:

> thank you for your answer. The time zone is correct. It's GMT+1. The
> system time in the lower right corner shows the correct time. Just
> Outlook and for instance a TV schedule show the wrong time. In the
> movie schedule I have breakfast TV at prime time (around 8pm).

What about the time on the server from which you get your mail?
--
Brian Tillman
0

Outlook keeps fetching new headers
Outlook keeps fetching new headers daily at the same time, this usally errors out with The UID of a message changed unexpectedly. I have looked for Rules or filters that may cause this, but found nothing. Has anyone ever seen this problem ...

Problem uninstalling CRM for Outlook
Hi, I am having a problem when uninstalling the CRM for Outlook Toolbar. When I log onto the machine as the user who installed the CRM toolbar, I receive an error "This action is valid for products that are currently installed". We did have to delete the NT profile of the user which installed CRM toolbar, so I assume this is related to this problem. Thanks for your help! -Mike ...

Using auto
Hi, Good Day to everyone... I 'am currently using Microsoft Outlook 2003...My Boss wants me to make accounts that will be able to send and receive messages....I have been trying to do it manually, but when I try to do the send/receive messages an error occurs. Someone explained to me to do a Auto Configuration using the cpanel of the site....I tried it but then I don't know how to use it.....in the Tools menu the send and receive button disappeared.....i have no idea on what is currently happening.....and I can't make sure if the mail accounts have been add to outlook e-m...

Outlook 2003
Is there a way to lock Outlook down, so that only the email features are available to users? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Outlook 2007 question
Outlook 2007 We have had an issue when we set a user to change password at next logon that it causes them to lose their settiings - they have to complete the Outlook wizard to configure the mailbox etc. Do the loose the settings just for Outlook or do they loose all the settings for the profile also? "goundhog" wrote: > Outlook 2007 > > We have had an issue when we set a user to change password at next logon > that it causes them to lose their settiings - they have to complete the > Outlook wizard to configure the mailbox etc. ...

outlook.pst file repair tool?
how to repair outlook.pst file which may be corrupted Monis Beraha <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how to repair outlook.pst file which may be corrupted Search your HD for scanpst.exe -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook COM Collections & Properties
I would like to access Outlook from another application - is there some place online that I can read/download a complete list of Outlook's collections, properties, events, methods etc etc? Thanks in advance. A good place to start the search: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/index.htm Other helpful sites: The Super-Easy Guide to the Outlook Object Model: http://www.microsoft.com/office/previous/outlook/SuprEasy.asp Dmitry Streblechenko's Outlook Redemption and Spy: http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/ http://www.dimastr.com/outspy/ -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Deborah"...

MSCRM 3.0 Outlook Client
Whe working withe the MSCRM 3.0 Outlook Client for offline mode, it seems like the station's memory usage increase dramaticly. I wounder if by changing the setup of the server or client I could reduce the memory usage to a normal level. That happens because MSDE sql instance is activated, which is required to access offline data. There is no way to avoid that. You can check client task manager to see what processes consume memory. Andrei Smertin [MSFT] "amirar" wrote: > Whe working withe the MSCRM 3.0 Outlook Client for offline mode, it > seems like the station'...

Recovering 'Lost' Sent Items from Outlook 2000
Recently a colleague of mine complained to me that his sent items kept getting stuck at 1000, regardless of what he sent, etc. I noticed that the auto-archiving was switched on for the sent items - so I switched it off, and now its okay. Only problem now is that my colleague wants to retrieve/recover the sent items that were pushed out of the sent items. The auto-archive was pointing to a file called "archive.pst" - however the only .pst files on the computer were one which I manually created a few moments ago and the other was automatically created by Outlook and chan...

Can I convert an Outlook 2000 PST to Outlook 2003
We have upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. Is there a fast way to convert my old PST files to Outlook 2003 so that they are not limited to 2 GB size? I don't want to have to go through all of the folders on 30 computers and drag one folder at a time from the old file to the new file. Thanks, Joe I have had pretty good luck importing. Of course, when you import, you = will no longer have access to any custom forms, views, or Rules Wizard = rules.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.h...

Can't delete additional "Personel Folders Outlook 2003
I followed a backup procedure form MS Office site that said to check the resulting PST file by opening in Outlook. I did it twice. Well, it created two other "Personal Folder" at the bottom of the Mail/All Mail Folders pane that I cannot delete. I moved or deleted the two backed up PST files so there is no data for the folders to relate to. How can I get rid of these erroneous folders? Gary Create a new mail profile - yours is now corrupt. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here)...

Outlook Epxress 2003 (SBE)
Hi, This program keeps hanging on loading . Can anyone help me out ? Rohit rohit_chandni wrote: > This program keeps hanging on loading . Can anyone help me out ? > Rohit, Outlook or Outlook Express? -- f.h. Hi F.H, It is Outlook Express 2003 (Small Business Edition). Can you help me out on this ? Rgds, Rohit "F.H. Muffman" wrote: > rohit_chandni wrote: > > This program keeps hanging on loading . Can anyone help me out ? > > > > Rohit, > > Outlook or Outlook Express? > > -- > f.h. > > > Outlook Express is pa...

Outlook Express Stationery
I don't know if this is a localized problem or just the normal function, but I have people that are attempting to use stationery in Outlook Express, though the message seems to send properly, when you recieve it, it dumps the stationery at the bottom of the message or as an attachment. Shannon wrote: > I don't know if this is a localized problem or just the > normal function, but I have people that are attempting to > use stationery in Outlook Express, though the message > seems to send properly, when you recieve it, it dumps the > stationery at the bottom of the m...

Changing Outlook from Exchange Services to IMO version
How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail Only (IMO)? I uninstalled my version of Office2000 and reinstalled it from my CD. However it doesn't give me the option to install the IMO version of Outlook. It installed the Exchange/Internet Mail automatically. Without an exchange server the checking of email is dog-slow. Thanks, Alex Moylen Hi, Alex. Alex Moylen ha scritto: > How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook > "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail ...

How to delete task request from inbox on Outlook 2007
For 13.5 months a "task request" from a coworker has been parked in my inbox. The task is complete and was marked as such but I cannot delete it, move it, reply to it, forward it, or take ANY action on it without the message "the operation failed" popping up. Any suggestions on how to clear this would be appreciated. The coworker has cleared this on his outlook as well and our IT guy has not been able to do anything with it either. In fact, nobody in the office has any idea why my system is unique this way. I've never had issues with any other tas...

Outlook Express 6 #16
When I log in to my e-mail, I can receive e-mail but when I try to open it, nothing happens. Then I get a pop up window that says an error has occured and outlook must close. The pop up window appears about 20 seconds after I log in, no matter what I do. I have Windows XP Home Edition. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http:/...

Outlook relation to "Language for non-unicode programs"
When I want to use some non-unicode program, I need to change the "Language for non-unicode programs" settings. But actually what does it do behind? Such as what registry key it changes or or any other files or settings modified? ...

cannot customize outlook today #9
I have done what it says in the microsoft article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 but its not practical to keep changing the registry everytime you want to change outlook today, so i downloaded the update to protect the computer but when i try to run it it says you must have internet explorer 6 with SP1 installed which i do Does anyone have this problem or know how 2 fix it?? ...

Outlook keywork extracter
Is there a program or a way within Outlook to "pull" all emails that contain a set of keywords into a new folder or .pst file? For example, I want every email with "XYZ" or "ABC" to be copied to a new ..pst file or Outlook folder. Thanks for the help, Scott On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:18:55 -1000, Scott Cadreau <scadreau@aros.net> wrote: > Is there a program or a way within Outlook to "pull" all emails that > contain > a set of keywords into a new folder or .pst file? > > For example, I want every email with "XYZ" ...

Outlook 2000 Calendar Find won't work
When I try to use the "Find" command in Outlook 2000 Calendar I get a quick list of results then the screen clears to the "no items found" message. The "Find" command works in all other personal folders. Any idea what the problem is? ...

SumProduct with date and time
I have finally found that with my formulas the calulations are based on the time. Can someone help me find the best way to correct this without using macros to strip the time out of the data. Bob 09/08/2007 01:05 13/08/2007 00:00 Bob Bill 10/08/2007 23:39 Bill Kyle 11/08/2007 07:36 Kyle Bob 16/07/2007 20:39 Bill 27/07/2007 19:59 Kyle 18/07/2007 16:51 Bob 14/07/2007 16:31 Bill 21/06/2007 16:46 Kyle 30/06/2007 16:55 Bob 12/06/2007 01:05 Bill 13/06/2007 23:39 1 2 0 1 1 Kyle 14/06/2007 07:36 1 1 1 1 1 Bob 12/01/2007 20:39 1 1 2 0 1 Bill 13/08/2006 19:59 Kyle 14/05/1999 16:51 These are t...

Exch/Outlook 2003 Delegates
I have an Exchange 2003 Standard Server with Outlook 2003 clients. My users have noticed that they cannot properly assign delegates. They can choose delegates and assign the permissions normally, but when they quit and restart Outlook, the delegates are there but with "None" as their permissions. What might cause this? Hi Tim, Thank you for posting here. According to the information in your post, I suggest you use the following message to trouble shoot this issue: 1. New Outlook profile ============= Please create a new profile to isolate the issue. For the steps on how to cr...

Outlook 2007 Auto open email from known sender
There are a few people in my contact list with whom I need to keep in constant contact. A nice feature would be, for those individuals I trust, to automatically open email on my desktop, or at least to make the auto-notification window persistent. Thanks, Jeff ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader a...

Time in Excel '97
Is there a way in Excel '97 to get it to insert the exact time? What I mean is that if I push Ctrl+Shift+:, the time inserts only hours, minutes and AM/PM, but no seconds. Actually, I just tried this in Excel XP and it does the same thing. Any ideas? Would really appreciate it. Matt You could put this code in your personal.xls workbook and assign it to a keyboard shortcut. Sub InsertTimeWithSecs() ActiveCell.Value = Format(Now(), "hh:mm:ss") End Sub -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Matt J."...

Outlook 2000 Error 550 Sender verify failed
Hello all We have one machine on our network that cannot send mail for some reason. Everytime this machine attempts to send mail using Outlook 2000 it fails, reporting the following error: "The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. Server response: '550 Sender verify failed'. (Account: 'Fred', smtp server: 'relay.clara.net', error number: 0x8000ccc79)." It is not a simple matter of setting the authentication on the outgoing mail server, as all the other machines on the network (also using Outlook 2000) do...