Wrong Message Count - Public Folders?

Hi,

I have an issue where I have public flders on my 2002 outlook client.  When
I browse to various folders it comes up with the wrong information in the
lower left hand corner.  Example being I have 6 messages in one public
folder all unread - however at the bottom left pane - it tells me I have 6
message and only 5 unread?

Another folder has 16 messages in it with 9 unread, but it tells me there
are 10 unread??

Any clues?
Help appreciated!

Chris.

0
cm4271 (1)

Mail to a public folder is set as IPM.Post instead of IPM.Note...H
Article ID: 292484, 830961 Running Exchange 2000 (Cluster) SP3 with August rollup (KB870540). The following articles point to a hotfix on Article 827555 but we already have the August 2004 rollup. Any suggestions on resolving this issue? Thanks Nelson Did you configure the registry key? You have to install the roll-up and then configure the following reg key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\<ServerName>\Public-<GUID> registry subkey with the value name Incoming defaults to IPM.Note and the value data 1 (one). If you've done that and ...

Audit Public folder content Deletions
Hi Is there anyway of tracking public folder item deletions? I know I can enable the medium logging in diagnostic logging but that only reports on deletions of the folder not the items within the folder. We have a few calendars and entries keep getting deleted. Permissions are already restricted but as we have a couple of hundred people who need to create and delete the contents this is not pheasable. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks Tec ...

Setting a default save folder for a template
I know how to set the default save folder in general. You go to Tools > Options > General and then change the default file location. What I would like to do is set a default file location for a specifi template. For example, I would like the default file folder for almos every file I make in Excel to be c:\MyFiles\ but whenever you begin new workbook from a particular template, the default file location wil be c:\SharedFiles\ Is there any way to do this? Thanks in advanc -- postitnote10 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- postitnote100's Pr...

Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool?
I downloaded and installed the Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool for Outlooks 2003. It said that it was installed successfully but when I open Outlook and pull down the file menu there is no "Backup" item listed to choose as Microsoft's instructions say there should be. I tried it twice with the same result. Yes, Microsoft verified that it was a legal install of Outlook on my computer. Suggestions please. Bob did you reboot >I downloaded and installed the Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders Backup >tool for Outlooks 2003. It said that it was in...

unread message on XP login screen
I recently upgraded to Office 2003. I frequently get messages on my Windows XP login screen that state one of the users has 1 or more unread messages. Yet when we open Outlook there are none. There aren't any in the unopened folder, there aren't any in the inbox, there aren't any in any folders. I've even checked outlook express which we never use. I have cleared my box and yet the message is still there. The only way to remove this message is to use the XP restore feature and restore Windows to a previous date (prior to when it first started). Then after a few...

would i be able to get my gmail account folder in my outlook 2007?
Hi This is Ravi here. My concern is that i do have gmail account running in my outlook 2007 and the problem is that would i be able to get my all folders which is in my gmail account in my outlook 2007. I have checked all options but unfortunately, i can not find any option where i can get any option to activate my those folders as my gmail account is so important for me. I can say that it's my business. I want to use outlook anyhow. So can you being able to solve this problem? if you can, that would be highly appreciated for me. Thanks Ravi "Ravi Patel" ...

old PST Inbox says 32 new messages, none are visible, seems to be missing mail
Hey well, i hope someone can help me. back before i was smart enough to read news groups, i used outlook xp and it was good. I was able to download all my mail on to my pc from the pop3 or webmail places i went to. over the years, i reinstalled office and outlook on many different machines. eventually, i found an oppertunity to get office 2003, so i did. when it came time to move my old pst folders, i did it in the most stupid way possible....i copied the file out of my old system and put it directly in place of the new one that outlook had just created for me. i figured, it was the sam...

Forwarding Mail from Public Folders using OWA (Exch 2003)
Is there a way to forward messages from a public folder when using OWA in Exchange 2003? There is a reply to option, and I can find a forward option in certian windows but it is greyed. Sounds like a major limitation to me. John LeMay wrote: > Is there a way to forward messages from a public folder when using OWA > in Exchange 2003? There is a reply to option, and I can find a forward > option in certian windows but it is greyed. Sounds like a major > limitation to me. So I did some additional poking around. Seems this is "by design" according to MS: http://sup...

Counting Blank Cells
H16 I16 J16 $25.2 $33.8 The following formula counts the number of dollar values in H, I and J. =IF(H16="","",IF(M16>0,COUNT(H16:J16))) [answer =2] Without putting $0.00 in cell J16 how would I write a formula to count all three cells? [answer = 3] It depends on the requirement. Will J16 ever contain an actual value of 0? Are the values always positive? Do you want to count J16 even if H and I are empty? >=IF(H16="","",IF(M16>0,COUNT(H16:J16))) You don't have a value_if_false argument de...

How to backup exchange data folder ?
I want to keep a good backup of my exchange 2003. I am looking for some instructions that stops the services, copy exchange public and private folder and other required data files and restart the services. Can I create something like that in a batch file and get the back every now and then ? I would really appreciate if someone please send me some instructions. A good backup? The best thing to do is backup the system state, etc, plus the actual Exchange information stores via an online Exchange 'aware' backup (either Windows Backup on the actual Exchange server itself or so...

System Folder Replication
I am currently getting errors on my Exchange servers regarding system folder replication problems. Errors on Server A: Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store Event ID: 3090 Description: Error 0x80004005 occurred while processing an incoming replication message. Folder: (4-13) NON_IPM_SUBTREE\StoreEvents{42A76A8A-35C6-4F3E-9B4E-7C07D345295A}\globalevents Message: 1-173D0C, NULL --- : smex_reg_record : --- Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store Event ID: 3087 Description: An incoming replication message was not processed. Type: 0x4 Message ID: 1-173D0F Folder: (...

SUM of COUNT?
I have a report based on a crosstab query that counts the number of enquiries from an advertising source for a year and sorts them into months So columns are by date and rows give the source and the value is the count of enquries in the source. I want to total the number of enquiries in the month on the bottom of the report. I have tried putting a text box in the report footer that uses the value field and set it's running sum property to over all but it just gives the sum for the source and not all the sources added together. Is it possible to do this? Peter One of the f...

Exchange Server keeps delivering messages until removed from inbox
Recently, my Exchange Server has taken to repeatedly delivering the same messages until they are removed from the inbox. Every 15 minutes, the inbox is "refreshed". Any messages in the inbox are reset to unread and given new date-time stamps. On a remote computer setup to receive email from the server via POP3, the messages multiply. I've run eseutil and it comes up clean. Check the email client configuration, on the "Leave copy of the messages on the server" properties -- Loay Olabi MCSA, MCSE Website: http://www.olabinet.net Blog: http://www.olabinet.net/loay ...

outgoing messages are not saved in the Sent Folder
Although I have the Option "Save messages in the "Sent Folder" checked my outgoing emails are NOT being saved. I have Outlook 2010 using Windows 7 (x64). Does anyone have a suggestion? What type of email account? Do you have more than one sent items folder in your profile? -- "Desert Rob" <DesertRob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B520073D-802C-4713-AE83-30C22F37FF5C@microsoft.com... > Although I have the Option "Save messages in the "Sent Folder" checked my > outgoing emails are NOT being saved. I hav...

Message-ID exposes internal hostname
I've seen several posts on Google that talk about trying to mask the server name in the Message-ID. A couple of people said that it was not possible, but it seems odd that we would not have a way to protect the internal hostname of a mail server. <1CEC87D193F0B948ADDDFEE2B0982AD208F302@server1.domain.local> The hostname appears fine elsewhere in the header because of my setting in the Advanced button of the SMTP properties, but I need to also make the message ID match something like mail.domain.com. Seems like some spam scoring engines use this hostname to help determine the...

Export public folder adress book into Active Directory... OMA...
Hi we would like to export an address book from a public folder into active directory (contact object) in order to see contacts from OMA (oultook mobile access). Does it exist any other solution to view a adress book (or address book' contacts) which remain to a public folder from OMA ? The only the solution we found is to export this adress book into AD (creating contact objects...) But to do that we know we must user Csvde.exe but we don't know how to create a csv file from the adress book... Any idea or solution ? If all you want to do is be able to have OMA users view Public ...

The Folder is Full
When adding a Field (I currently use about 50 additional fields) to the top row in a Contacts view, Outlook comes up with the following error message (but no clue as to what to do): 'Outlook cannot display this view. The folder is full'. Please could you let me know what I have done and what I can do about this error report. Many thanks it could mean you have too many fields in the view... too many contacts (it starts at 16,000 and goes up, depending on the version) ... the deleted item folder needs emptied... your temp folders in windows are full. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP...

e-mail dragged and dropped to Personal Folder
Good afternoon! I have a somewhat strange question. We support a lot of different environments, most of which use Exchange Server. We do have a couple of clients that have their e-mail hosted by a third party and simply configure Outlook (almost all Outlook 2003) to use the local .pst file (well, in most places that is changed to a networked location). A user at one of those locations is dragging individual e-mail messages form the Inbox to the "Personal Folder" (at the very top). I do not understand why he is doing this.....but he is. Anyway, where are those individual e...

Count missing data
Hello, I would like to count missing data in a Column range due to the criteria in another column range. The problem I have is that the "Birth Date" column range has a "vlookup" formula in it, which sometimes formulates a Blank. I need to count these Blank cells when the Status = "A". Example: Birth Date Status 02/03/71 A A 12/02/58 A 09/15/67 A A 11/21/79 A Missing = 2 Thanks Ruan Try this: =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A100={" ",""})*(B2:B100="a")) -- HTH, RD...

Catching messages of dynamically created CStatic members
Hi fellows. I have a CWnd-derived class that has two CStatic members, that are created dynamically. My question is simple: What must I do in order to receive messages of such members? This CWnd-derived class is for creating a custom control. This control needs vertical scrollbar, so I'm using two bitmaps, one as de up arrow and the other as the down arrow. I already placed them, now I need to receive the notification (the click notification). // in the header CStatic m_lblArrowUp; CStatic m_lblArrowDown; // in the Create method m_lblArrowUp.Create(_T(""), WS_CHILD | WS_VIS...

Administrating rights on Public Folders
I need to set rights on a folder and all its subfolders. Do I have to set rights to one folder at a time individually ? Jane Hi dfgdfgd, If you set rights on public folder and ...into the advanced tab just click allow inheritence...it will apply same rights to all the folders "dfgdfgd" wrote: > I need to set rights on a folder and all its subfolders. > Do I have to set rights to one folder at a time individually ? > > > Jane > ...

Message Disappear From Outlook 2003
Hi, I'm using outlook 2003 and our Exchange Server is 2003. Also I'm using POP3 and I do not leave copy in the Exchange Server. recently there are messages disappeare from the inbox after I received them. I do not have rules or filters, Junk email is disabled. I checked the Antivirus but nothing helpful. Thanks Tariq <Tariq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, I'm using outlook 2003 and our Exchange Server is 2003. Also I'm > using POP3 and I do not leave copy in the Exchange Server. Not addressing you issue, by may I ask why? I would think Exchange would...

what is wrong with my query?
Hello everybody, I have been using this query: SELECT table1.Name, table1.activity, table2.wann FROM table2 INNER JOIN table1 ON table2.id = table1.id WHERE table2.week = False And myDate = DateValue(" 22.11.2007 ") And table2.morning=true and table2.done =false and table2.lfd_nr in ( select Lfd_Nr from persons where deaktiv =false and GroupID = 2) ORDER BY table1.Name; But now I get as the result also a person who belongs to group1 (GroupID=1) The problem must be in the part "table2.lfd_nr in ( select Lfd_Nr from persons where deaktiv =false and GroupID = 2...

"Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location."
User's computer is on domain, and running exchange. Have setup the user on several different computers and has the same problem on all. When we setup the user's Outlook and go to the Outlook Today screen. Under the Calendar & Tasks Sections, you may go and open any item under it. Then you can add an item under the messages section, such as inbox. When you click on the inbox or any other item the Messages column, you get a gray screen with the message: "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location." Thi...

Report on related messages
Hi There We use our email response times as a service performance indicator. At the moment it is a manual process where we check the date/time we receive an email and then when we respond. If there is more than one set of to'ing and fro'ing with the email, we report on the date/time of the first email and the date/time of the last email where the issue was resolved. I notice that there must be a mechanism linking all related messages in a string of messages and was wondering if there was any way of reporting on this? I would appreciate any help on this if anyone else had done...