Word is starting when Outlook does

I think something was changed when I upgraded to Windows XP. Now when
Outlook starts it starts Word. Word is my email editor but this is a little
annoying. When it's starting it fires off with the "run macros" dialog box.
Isn't there supposed to be a MSWord executable that starts on login and runs
as a background app?

Thank you,
Shawn

G'Day Shawn,

When (Office) Outlook starts Word as its Editor, it
usually starts a 'hidden' instance of Word - i.e. Word
runs WITHOUT its normal 'Window'.

However, if Word needs to communicate with the User
(You) then things change!!

What EXACTLY do you mean by 'the "run macros"
dialog box'??

If you mean that Word wants to know whether to
"enable" or "disable" macros - then YOU have set
up Word incorrectly!

Word is opening a 'Template' EITHER with an
'untrusted' Macro OR the Template is not in the
correct Folder.

Please be more precise about:
1) The Error
2) Templates that Word Opens......

.....and I'll try to be of more assistance!!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

______________________________________

0
Pat

Error 1706 in Outlook
I recently made configuration changes on three workstations (Win2k Pro). On one of the systems, it required Office (2000 Pro) to be reinstalled, which I did without problem. The exception being Outlook. I can use Outlook when I'm logged in as the administrator. However, if I log in as the user, attempting to open Outlook brings up the following: "Your computer has been upgraded from Windows 95 or Windows 98 to a later version of Windows. Outlook must configure itself for this version of Windows." (I did not upgrade from an earlier version of Windows.) I click OK and it attempt...

Where the cursor starts after clicking no a text box
Hello, I have tried looking through the other threads but have not seen the answer to my question. Hopefully someone can help with this today. I have a simple form I made for a table to collect customer info for a mailing list. This form is used like a kiosk at trade shows. Anyway, when you click on any fields that are numbers such as zip codes or phone numbers, the cursor starts in the text box where you clicked. Is there a way to make the cursor start on the left side no matter where the user clicked? Please help ASAP as I have a show tomorrow and am pulling out my hair trying to fin...

Outlook 2002 SP3 Virtual Memory / Crashing problem
Hello, all. I have Outlook 2002 SP3 on my work laptop. (thus, upgrading is not an option.) I have recently broken out the .pst into multiple files, and run the outlook repair program against the main .pst file. Even before that I have had a problem where outlook, even sitting, will in a period of time (anywhere from 20 minutes to hours) will lock up. It will lock up the entire computer. A Virtual Memory is running low, making more box is presented, and eventually outlook will crash. Then the computer recovers. It can lock the computer up for 5 minutes. Any quick ideas? My main PST file is ra...

out of the blue one day my outlook 2000 quit receiving mail
Out of the blue my outlook stop receiving e-mails and so I opend another account and it works fine I also reinstalled the account and still get an error. I then proceded to outlook express and setup my account in their and it works fine but still can not pull my mail from outlook 2000 but can send mail and works fine and of course i can still receive with the other account. what type of accounts are you using? Are you using Outlook 2000 in Corp or internet mode? See help, about if unsure. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneN...

Outlook 2010 Beta and Exchange 2003
Specs: Windows 7 Pro on HP nw8440 laptop. Does anyone know if Outlook 2010 Beta is compatible with Exchange 2003? When I try to setup Outlook 2010 Beta I get the following error: "The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete the connection". However I can ping the Exchange Server and I know it is working as I can setup Outlook 2007 with no problem. papparuff -- papparuff http://forums.slipstick.com I have it working successfully here so yes. How are you configuring your ...

So is Outlook Express no longer best way to read/use NG?
If you use the MS provided web interface, you can filter & create by type; Question, Suggestion or Comment. Is everything posted from Outlook Express going to show up as a Comment instead of a Question? Seems like this should be the exact opposite; as I've seen more Questions than Comments! ...

Windows 7, Outlook 2003...
Upgraded to Windows 7, using the easy transfer process. When I go to send an email, none of my contacts show as available. If I go to the contacts view, they are all there, but when clicking the 'to' button, none of them come up. How doI fix this? "Mikey" <texan767@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:d013b7e8-68cb-403d-ad79-2d4646f61a4f@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Upgraded to Windows 7, using the easy transfer process. > When I go to send an email, none of my contacts show as available. > If I go to the contacts view, they are all there, but w...

Sum time in Outlook Calendar
Is it possible to sum duration time for a list view in the Outlook Calendar? I would like to list all appointments for one or more categories and sum the total duration. One solution is to export to Excel, but I was hoping go get the summed duration directly in Outlook. Is it easy to create a macro that sums up the duration for a specified category and maybe a start and end date. I have good knowledge in VBA and C#. Regards // Johan I see you have had no replies on this forum but have the exact same problem that I have at the moment. Could you tell me, did you ever find a solution to t...

Outlook crashes when promoting mail
Hi group, we have a problem with one of our SFO-Installments. When the user tries to promote am mail to CRM, Outlook dies and wants to send an error report. This is the first installation, where this happens. All other features in SFO work well, also the Web-Client. We've tried several times to re-add the Com-AddIn, re-install SFO but it still won't do. Any ideas? Thanks in advance Michael Erl _____________________________________ PENTASYS Gesellschaft f�r Informationstechnologie mbH R�desheimer Str. 9 81477 M�nchen Tel. 089/57952-0 Fax. 089/57952-399 http://www.pentasys.de E...

How do I install an existing word 2003 template in 2007
I need to install existing templates from word 2003. I can add them under templates recently used, and I can select them under change styles, but their particular formatting doesn't appear on the ribbon. I run XP but no Save In Trusted Templates choice appears under Save As - as per help directions. Tearing hair out. Word 2007 is not fussy where the document templates are stored (apart from the normal template). If the templates contain macros then the folder must be a trusted folder. Either make the folder containing the templates a trusted folder or move them to an alr...

Outlook 2007 SP2 on Windows 7
Hi All, I have upgraded my laptop to Windows 7. After I installed office 2007 sp2, in outlook 2007 when I create new email or reply email, the mouse buttons seems not work any more. I don't have highlight and right click. It was working before I installed sp2. I try reinstall everything without any luck. Is this a outlook bug? I don't think it's a bug - did you try Help, Office Diagnostics? Have you rebooted since installing SP2? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ ...

How do I set up a repeating weekly email in outlook?
I am trying to set up an email that is sent out every Thursday to serve as a reminder with out having to repeat the process every week. Is there a way to perform this action? DDPARTIN1;707494 Wrote: > I am trying to set up an email that is sent out every Thursday to serve as a > reminder with out having to repeat the process every week. Is there a way to > perform this action? Outlook does not have a built-in means of doing this. There are two possible solutions. 1. Write a script that sends the message using VBScript. Schedule it to run using Windo...

Outlook has stopped sending messages
I am running XP and Outlook 2007. Following an automatic installation of system software, it appears that Outlook has stopped sending messages from the Outbox. Upon checking the accounts under "Tools" I chose "repair" and the connection was checked but yielded the following message: "An encrypted connection to your mail server is not available". This is not the first time this has happened. The first time this happened I inserted the Outlook 2007 CD and selected "Repair" and it seemed to fix the problem. Now, however, repairing from the CD doe...

Outlook 07 Printing Issues
Ever since we upgraded to IE8 a few of the clients have been having issues printing full emails on one page. Example: one email has a paragraph, and below it is a table that continues further to the right than the text does. When you print the document, it cuts off everything to the right of where the (paragraph) text ends. half of the table is missing. Also, the whole document is sized down and only takes up about 1/4 of the page, and is shifted to the top left hand corner of the paper. How do I change settings to allow outlook to auto-resize to fit everything on one page, and act...

Hyperlinks in Outlook 2007 with Windows 7
I did a fresh install of Windows 7 and Office 2007 and right off the bat the end user cannot open up hyperlinks from within outlook. IE8 is the default broswer. No other browsers have been installed. I all reset IE8 from the advanced tab and also unintalled and reinstalled IE8 as well. Troy See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Troy" <Troy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D34D8C9-CCB1-4F...

Third party utilites to synch two computers (Outlook 2007)
Hi, Because synchronizing two computers with Outlook 2007 seems a daunting task that involves copying PST, some files in the program directory and some other in the registry, could someone recommend any third party utility to do the job ? Thanks Bangali Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Bangali asked: | Hi, |=20 | Because synchronizin...

Microsoft Word
I need help!! Microsoft Word program came with my computer,thru Gateway, and I had to have my computer reparied and lost the Word program because I do not have the key numbers. Gateway said they cannot help me and I will have to go thru Microsoft. I purchased my computer in August 2000. Let me know what I must do. Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >I need help!! Microsoft Word program came with my >computer,thru Gateway, and I had to have my computer >reparied and lost the Word program because I do not have >the key numbers. Gateway said they cannot help me...

Outlook running very slow
Runnng Outlook 2000 and I have about 2,000 contacts. Outlook moves slow in my opinion and contacts do not open up immediately as they should. Are there any suggestions? Can I reindex data in any way or does anyone have an opinion on number of contacts. ...

Synchronizing Outlook Calendar with Microsoft Project
Hi, is there somehow a way to synchronize the Outlook Calendar with MS Project? I mean I'd like to see my teams Project tasks in my Outlook Calendar. Regards, Arian -- Arian Brighton you'll need a 3rd party utility. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/project_management.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slip...

Outlook 2003 cached mode + exchange 2003 = SLOW
Hi all, i'm sorry for my bad english! I've upgrade outlook 2000 (in the office 200) with only outlook 2003 through GPO and enabled cache mode. In some pc with windows 2000 the first time in the morning i load outlook 2003, it freeze the pc for one half hour. Whithout cache mode everything works correctly. I' ve tryed to delete users profile and re-create it, but after a week the problem return. What could i do? Thank you! ...

Problem with Preview Pane in Outlook 2002.
Problem with Preview Pane in Outlook 2002. Outlook will not leave the preview pane option enabled. When I exit and come back in, I have to reselect that I want to use the preview pane. This is Outlook 2002 on WinXP. Any Ideas?? "Aaron" <aaron@aaronwilson.net> wrote in message news:088a01c34d41$d32f95f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Problem with Preview Pane in Outlook 2002. Outlook will > not leave the preview pane option enabled. When I exit > and come back in, I have to reselect that I want to use > the preview pane. > This is Outlook 2002 on WinXP. > Any ...

Error Message at closing Outlook
Here is my other question. I have a problem when I close Outlook - I get the message "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" - this is after I have closed it. I do have Incredimail for Outlook (not to be confused with the one for Outlook Express) so that may have something to do with it but I'd like to know what the problem is - I really don't want to get rid of Incredimail as I do use that for personal stuff. Any clues anyone? Thanks in advance, Janet Sydney, Australia Did you disable incredimail to se...

running Outlook 2003 on the Exchange 2003 server
Does anyone know if this will screw anything up? Nope. This works fine at our location ...

HELP
when i start Outlook , i have the toolbar, ok! But how know which account/user i am? but when i go with CRM, i know that because i must type my log in! And could you tell if there is a french version of 'implementation guide' and all documentation about MS-CRM 1.2 (only in french)? thanks to reply when you are in outlook you are the user logged in on the machine. You need to add the crm URL to the local sites on IE. for instance: http://crm Then you don't need to login when accessing the system from the browser /Jakob "help" wrote: > when i start Outlook , i...

Task List
A great convenience would be to show the task list as well as my inbox. Any way to show it ? TIA ~~N~~ Not until Office 2007. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, ~~Nightcrawler~~ asked: | A great convenience would be to show the task list as well as my | inbox. Any way to show it ? TIA | | ~~N~~ ...