Word document text in body of E-mail

Good morning,
Office 2003, Windows XP SP2.

I would like to send an E-mail from word and have the word document
sent as the body of the E-mail, not as an attachment. Anyone know how
to make this happen? Thanks in advance.

Robert

0
rjposey (5)

<rjposey@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Good morning,
> Office 2003, Windows XP SP2.
>
> I would like to send an E-mail from word and have the word document
> sent as the body of the E-mail, not as an attachment. Anyone know
> how
> to make this happen? Thanks in advance.
>
> Robert

So what happens when you open the doc in Word and use the File -> Send
menu?

0
vanguard1 (39)
8/24/2007 3:19:35 PM
refer here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/word/HP052385981033.aspx
That should send it in the body of the email.

--
Bill R MVP
<rjposey@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Good morning,
> Office 2003, Windows XP SP2.
>
> I would like to send an E-mail from word and have the word document
> sent as the body of the E-mail, not as an attachment. Anyone know how
> to make this happen? Thanks in advance.
>
> Robert

0
BillR9171 (440)
8/24/2007 3:32:24 PM
rjposey@gmail.com, you  wrote on Fri, 24 Aug 2007 08:07:44 -0700:

> I would like to send an E-mail from word and have the word document
> sent as the body of the E-mail, not as an attachment.

As far as I know it's only possible with Outlook 2007.

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller
Christian Goeller, you  wrote on Fri, 24 Aug 2007 20:19:21 +0200:

> rjposey@gmail.com, you  wrote on Fri, 24 Aug 2007 08:07:44 -0700:
>
>> I would like to send an E-mail from word and have the word document
>> sent as the body of the E-mail, not as an attachment.
>
> As far as I know it's only possible with Outlook 2007.

Forget that nonsens!

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

yak

"rjposey@gmail.com" wrote:

> Good morning,
> Office 2003, Windows XP SP2.
>
> I would like to send an E-mail from word and have the word document
> sent as the body of the E-mail, not as an attachment. Anyone know how
> to make this happen? Thanks in advance.
>
> Robert

0
yak (2)

Text prediciton
How can I stop excel completing text when I enter data e.g. if a line above says "study day" I enter the line below "student" when I enter "s" it will automatically enter "study day", how do I stop this? Hi, Tools>Options>Edit tab - uncheck 'Enable AutoComplete for Cell Values' HTH Martin Thanks Jason "MartinW" wrote: > Hi, > > Tools>Options>Edit tab - uncheck 'Enable AutoComplete for Cell Values' > > HTH > Martin > > > Boenerge, You may know this, but when the autocomple...

Exporting to MS DOS Text file
I have an Access Report which I am using to create a text file for upload into a 3rd party application. When Access exports the text file it is creating a carriage return (i.e., empty row) in the first row of the created text file thereby making the file incompatible for upload to the 3rd party. Is there a setting I need to select to prevent this from happening? Any suggestion you may have would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help! Regards, ...

Formatting Cells Containing Date Fields That Are Text
Someone here at work imported into Excel a column of text data that looks like mm/dd/yyyy form but need to be mmddyyyy. I thought I could simply highlight the columns, click on Format/Cells/Custom and create mmddyyyy. I do this but the data doesn't change UNTIL I highlight each cell and press F2 or double-click in each cell or create a formula using Right, Mid, etc. When I press F2 or double-click, I notice that an X and a check mark both appear to the right of the Row/ Column box. There's got to be an easier way to do this besides 'onesie-twosie' but we can't figure it...

E-mail box sizes. Echange System Manger.
Hi. Now and then I need to find out the size of the various e-mail boxes in Exchange2000. The problem is that the size indicated in the Exchange System Manager do not reflect the same size when you look into Outlook. Is the a way to figure out the correct e-mail size? If not. Is this better in Exchange2003? Thank you in advance. DagN I'd consider the Exchange value to be the most important given this is what will be used for mailbox quotas, etc. Nue "Dag N" <skier@start.no> wrote in message news:OjCaWfjLGHA.2320@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi. > Now and then ...

Problem sending e-mails with Outlook & SBC Yahoo DSL
I have been unable to fix a problem and am looking for help. I have Outlook 2000. I also have SBC Yahoo DSL. I have spent hours on the phone trying to fix this problem, reloaded my software, etc. I can recieve e-mail from the SBC Yahoo DSL server with my Outlook, but cannot send e- mails. The error message I get is 0x800ccc0f. I know this means the outgoing mail server does not recognize and log me in, but does anyone know a way to change this? SBC made sure my settings were correct, but the problem persists. They claim it is an Outlook problem, but it never happened with other ISP...

Document map 05-12-10
The document map for one of my documents has stopped displaying headings from the beginning of the document and instead displays headings from a point within it. The headings that aren't displayed are correctly formatted as Level 1. And I've entered and exited Outline view, with, unfortunately, no benefit. What might the solution be please? Are the headings that are shown the document map in the same style? If so, try reapplying the style to the headings that are not showing up. If not, make sure that it is the paragraph outline level that you have set to 1 (& if it ...

I can't receive or send mail
I try loggin into my account, but I get this message. "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. The certificat's CN name does not match the passed value." How do I fix this? Please post the names of the incoming (POP3) and outgoing (SMTP) servers you are using, and their port numbers as shown on the Advanced tab of the account properties. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "unknown" <unknown@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Open Word Document With Modify Password
Using VBA to open Word documents. I get a prompt if the document requires a password to modify. I would like to use VBA code to open read only and search the document without being prompted -- going through hunders of documents and if certain info is found the file is logged. Current code: Dim rstDoc As New ADODB.Recordset Dim objWDApp As New Word.Application Dim objDoc As Word.Document rstDoc.Open "FileList", Application.CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenKeyset rstDoc.MoveFirst On Error GoTo DocumentErrors Do While Not rstDoc.EOF ...

Pub Mail Merge
Does Publisher 2002 / 2003 version have it's own mail merge program. I use Pub 97 now and I always have to bring in a pub file into MS Word in order to mail merge. This means I need two software programs for one operation. Ron Publisher 2002 and 2003 have the same useless database as Publisher 97 has built in. Do you mean to say you have never found it in Publisher 97? Publisher 2003 has significantly improved the ability of the Merge and you can now merge multiple items and pictures on a page. ...

Help! Extract the subject of all mails in outlook to a text file
How can I extract the information, such as subject, sender, time of all the mails in my Inbox into a text file? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Switch to a table view that contains all the fields you need the information from, select all items, and press CTRL+C to copy. You should be able to paste the data in columns into a text file. Note that not all available fields will copy in this manner, but the ones you mentioned should work. -- Jocelyn Fior...

Public folder for storing e-mail message
Exchange 2003 server, Outlook 2002 client. I want to set up a mail enabled public folder to store all e-mail addressed for customer support group. I also want to be able to forward e-mails from this public folder to an external address automatically. How do I set this up. Any help will be appreciated. "Dipti" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 2003 server, Outlook 2002 client. I want to set up a mail enabled public folder to store all e-mail addressed for > customer support group. I also want to be able to forward e-mails from this public fol...

easy way to delete all rows with no text in them?
I just took on a client who sends me a multipage spreadsheet weekly with movie times for his 10 theatres. My guess is he just deletes the information from the previous weeks row and adds a new row. His sheet really only needs about 16 columns and maybe 20 rows. The sheets he sends have upwards of 1500 rows and columns. Many of the rows are in between the actual text rows as well. I convert this to a webpage and post to his site. Problem is the sheets are so large they take forever to clean up (in GoLive) and much too long to do by hand. Is there an easy way to delete all rows with no text in...

The spacing between lines of text is not uniform; how can I fix it
Occasionally, lines of text within a paragraph end up unevenly spaced (this has happened in Word and in Publisher). I've checked to make sure the defaults were set to even spacing (e.g., 1 space between lines) and they were. What else can I do to fix this problem? As it stands right now, I think the document looks somewhat sloppy because within just one paragraph I think I have 3 differently-sized spaces between lines. ...

How can I convert a number to english text in Excel
Is there a way to convert an certain number, to english text in Excel. For eg. An invoice total of $1000 shoul also appear in words (Dollars One Thousand) Hi, See the following: http://longre.free.fr/english/ http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;140704& http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;213360 http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/num2wrds.zip Also check out the following add-in by astien Mensink http://www.asap-utilities.com/ Super utility one of the functions converts numbers to text lik...

Track source of Netsky in mail?
Hello! I have a client that uses Outlook 2000 and 2003 with POP accounts from their ISP. They have about three users who keep getting Netsky stopped by Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition version 8.1 on their desktops. They get at least a dozen a day on some users. Is there any way to track down the sending user or computer? I suspect it is not on their network, but possibly an unprotected home user with their address book. Thank you for the help! Gregg Hill No, otherwise, this problem would have been nipped in the bud a long time ago. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all repl...

Word document format marks
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel How do I hide format marks in my Word documents. Docs show paragraph marks, tab marks, etc. They do not print when I print the document. One day I was typing and accidentally hit a key or key combo and there they were. You can simply click on the �-icon in the Standard toolbar (it looks like an inverted "P"), or, if you prefer using the keyboard, hit Cmd+8. On 30/03/10 15:52, DrJ117@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel > How do I h...

opening a word 2003 document with word 2007
I created some documents on Word 2003 and have been unable to open them with Word 2007. I tried saving them as .docx and .rtf on Word 2003 with no luck. The posts that I have seen thus far have not helped. Does anyone have any suggestions? What happens when you try? Word 2007 should have no difficulty opening Word 2003 documents or RTF documents. Word 2003 can only save docx format if it has the compatibility pack installed. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word...

E-Mails Bouncing from Server
E-mails that are sent to one of my users bounce intermittently, however, they bounce with the name of another user, i.e., an e-mail sent to johndoe@mail.com bounces back with a reply, i.e.: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Technology Update Sent: 6/1/2005 3:07 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Jane N. Doe on 6/1/2005 3:07 PM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <mail.mail.com #5.1...

E-mail Delivery Issues to Group within a Group
Here is an example of a prevailing issue we are experiencing. Our Exchange servers are running Windows 2003, EX2003SP1, and PCs using Office 2003. We have a distribution group called BPMI_PME_MGRS in our address book in Outlook. The problem is that this group does not always deliver e-mails to all the members in the group unless the user sending the email clicks the pluses (expands the groups) repeatedly so that all names within the distribution list appear in the email. If they do not click the pluses, the email is not always received by all the group members and no failure notice i...

Access word document from external app while it is open
Hi I open a text file with ms word 2003 (i.e. a common txt file) and I need to edited from ms word which is ok, but I need also in parallel access it by an external application and I cannot (I get a message permission denied). I imagine that ms word lock the file. So what I can do to override this setting? in order to edit the file from another application while the file is opened in word? Thank you There is nothing you can do. Word will lock the file. Word is not a multi-user application. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< &...

I can't type in the third column of my landscape document.
I set up a legal-size, landscaped document in 3 columns. I have typed in the first two, but I can't type anything in the third. It's as if the document ends. When I look at the page in Print Preview, it looks perfect: the first two sections are there, but the third one is blank. Messing around with the margins hasn't helped me. Have you filled the first two columns? They should automatically spill over to the third, or you can insert a column break (Ctrl+Shfit+Enter). -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://w...

How do I change the words that pop up when curser is over pic?
I am using Publisher and when I am sending the document words are poping up over different sections and pictures when the curser is over it. How can I change the hidden words and or remove them? Thanks for your help Is the publication a Web page? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Avi" <Avi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A7A43858-44DB-420B-97C7-EC87213F7AC3@microsoft.com... >I am using Publisher and when I am sending...

sharing an item across pages in word
i have a document in which i have the same table on 5 different places. so now if i have to update this table then i have to update it on 5 places. is there any solution so that if i update that table on one page, then all other tables will also get updated. See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> &...

Keeping mail on exchange server
I have an email account on an exchange server. I like being able to manage it via the web so that i can check my incoming mail, sent messages and also store attached files for viewing at remote locations. I also would like to be able to use this account in Outlook 2003. Is there a way to use this emal account in outlook and not have everything downloaded that i want to keep on the server? That's the way it works by default. Just make sure that your default storage location (Tools | E-Mail Accounts | View or Change E-mail Account | Deliver new mail to...) is set to the Exchange m...

I am receiving emails but cannot send using Vista and Windows mail
Account: 'POP.ATT.YAHOO.COM', Server: 'POP.ATT.YAHOO.COM', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR popgate unknown command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Wrong port number and SSL setting. Use the settings specified by your provider: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738 Also, go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "rcatonrealto...