word docs converted to Winmail.dat

Ok I have been doing some searching and seen that this is a big issue.
I am the system admin in our company and have done the setup on all the
systems. We are all using Outlook 2000. All are setup as Internet Mail.
One system is setup as Corporate and that one is having problems
sending emails. Every word document they send is being changed to
winmail.dat. I looked at the formatting and it was not set as Outlook
Rich Text it was set to HTML. Conversly I have tried to create the
problem on my system by using the Rich Text Formnatting and all my mail
is sent and received properly. Clearly the formating isnt the only
factor. I really need some help on this. We also run our own mail
server in house. It does do a virus scan on each email however I would
assume that all email would be effected and not just one user.
Any one have any other Ideas.

Thank you ,
Rob

0
rob5899 (2)

small addition to the above issues. The computer in question is also
using the mime standard as well as any others I have tested.

thanks
rob

0
rob5899 (2)
1/13/2005 5:24:45 PM
I have the same problem at my two person office.  I have set everthing to
plain text and that solution simply does not work.  Moreover, one of the
receipients who cannot receive my emails claims he is using outlook - he is
at a large office though.  If you find the solution to this problem please
let me know.  My workaround now is that I go to my ISP's site and send the
attachments from there but then they do not integrate with software.

Any info you get is appreciated.

Chuck Yezbak

"rob" wrote:

> small addition to the above issues. The computer in question is also
> using the mime standard as well as any others I have tested.
>
> thanks
> rob

Ask him to look in Help | About at the version number. My guess is that =
it will be 5.x or 6.x, whicih means Outlook Express, not Outlook.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20

"chuck yezbak" <chuckyezbak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I have the same problem at my two person office.  I have set everthing =
to=20
> plain text and that solution simply does not work.  Moreover, one of =
the=20
> receipients who cannot receive my emails claims he is using outlook - =
he is=20
> at a large office though.  If you find the solution to this problem =
please=20
> let me know.  My workaround now is that I go to my ISP's site and send =
the=20
> attachments from there but then they do not integrate with software.
>=20
> Any info you get is appreciated.
>=20
> Chuck Yezbak
>=20
> "rob" wrote:
>=20
>> small addition to the above issues. The computer in question is also
>> using the mime standard as well as any others I have tested.
>>=20
>> thanks
>> rob
>>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
4/1/2005 1:25:19 AM
chuck yezbak <chuckyezbak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have the same problem at my two person office.  I have set
> everthing to plain text and that solution simply does not work.

It could be that his Contact entry may specify Rich Text, which overrides
your format selection.  Open hus contact record and double-click his E-mail
address.  At the bottom should be a drop-down for choosing the message
format.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Convert Excel document into Vcards
How can I convert an Excel document into Vcards so that i can add the information into My contacts in Outlook? ...

Convert uppercase to lowercase
Does anyone have a bit of code to convert a file of conatcts all in UPPERCASE to Lower Case? Mervyn Thomas;593677 Wrote: > Does anyone have a bit of code to convert a file of conatcts all in > UPPERCASE to Lower Case? Code: -------------------- For each cll in selection.cells cll.value = lcase(cll.value)' either this line or the next 'cll.Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.Proper(cll.Value) next cll -------------------- -- p45cal *p45cal* ------------------------------------------------------------------------ p45cal's Profile: ...

Converting old DAO syntax (i.e. Openquerydef)
I have been called to convert an old Access 97 database to Access 2003. I haven't worked in Access for a long time and would appreciate a push in the right direction. I've converting the data and code databases and got them linked. When I compile the code, it stops on the OpenQueryDef line: Set qs = db.OpenQueryDef("qryAppend Billed_Fees Snapshot") qs.Parameters("FisYear") = FisYear qs.Execute qs.Close How do I re-write this? There are dozens of them in the whole project. I know it might use CreateQueryDef but is there anything else besides replacing...

Convert Google Business Search Results to Excel?
Is there a tool or a method for converting the results of a google business search to excel format? so that you could have separate cells for business name, address, and phone number? thanks! What is a "google business search"? Excel will accept most any thing provided you give it formatted data. dEaFTOLiGhT@gmail.com wrote: > Is there a tool or a method for converting the results of a google > business search to excel format? so that you could have separate > cells for business name, address, and phone number? thanks! > Have you tried Data>Import External ...

KB974561 office 2007 word update
I have tried several times to update this with no success. Any helpful hints? -- LMD trying to update windows keep getting error code80096010 "LMD" wrote: > I have tried several times to update this with no success. Any helpful hints? > -- > LMD "LMD" <LMD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D02118EE-E513-44B1-AC9C-53E489871009@microsoft.com... >I have tried several times to update this with no success. Any helpful >hints? > -- > LMD Download it and install it manually. I don't know why so many...

converting months to years and months???
I have used the following formula to work out the difference between two days and it provides me an answer in months. =(YEAR(A4)-YEAR(A3))*12+MONTH(A4)-MONTH(A3) However if the difference is 15 months, how do i convert this to read 1 year and 3 months? Thank you With the date in A2: =DATEDIF(A1,a2,"y")&" Years "&DATEDIF(A1,a2,"ym")&" Months" You can find lots of information about =datedif() at Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm Marty wrote: > > I have used the following formula to work out the diff...

How to convert 2007-001 this year and day to a normal date?
I want find out how to convert a julain to a normal date format: for example:- Julian date is : 2007001 convert to "01 Jan 2007" Regards, You should be able to use the DateSerial function. DateSerial(Left([Julian],4),1,Right([Julian],3)) IF Julian is a number field then DateSerial([Julian]\1000,1,[Julian] Mod 1000) You should check that Julian is a numeric value before trying this -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland Baltimore County .. "Julian Date Conversion" <Julian Date Conv...

convert to metafile or plain text
I have the option to convert a file to metafile or plain text.... I want to end up with it in Excel and be able to modify the data in columns. What the quickest and/or easiet way to do this? Plain text file (give a .txt suffix) In Excel File/Open when you will get options to split into columns. Regards BrianB =============================== "jennifer" <jennifer.whitson@whatcomcounseling.org> wrote in message news:<23a5e01c38c5b$84bd7ff0$a601280a@phx.gbl>... > I have the option to convert a file to metafile or plain > text.... I want to end up with it in Exc...

Word 2007
Hi, In Word 2003 I have always put images into a two row table so that the caption is directly below. When I try this in 2007 the jpg floats over the table. What am I doing wrong? I realise that I could use a frame or a text box but would prefer to continue to use a table. Thanks, Rod Make sure that the wrapping on the picture is set to In Line With Text. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "REM" <remcg@tesco.net> wrote in message news:a045e637-32d1-4d75-8eba-93d91b1551f2@t34g2000prm.goo...

Can I convert documents from Quattro Pro to Excel?
How can I open Quattro Pro files in Excel? ...

Importing Word Docs Into Publisher
I did read the other answer to this topic, but wanted to confirm as it seems like I have to go through a lot for something that was supposed to be relatively simple. What I'm trying to do is: I have a newsletter with static content. I want to insert variable data that is in Access into the newsletter. The variable data is in a report in Access. I want to insert this Access data into my Publisher newsletter. I really thought I'd be able to just import or similar. The Access report is anywhere from 4-40 pages, depending on client. >From what I can tell here, my best option is to ...

Convert to OFX
I have a text file, how can I convert it to a MSMoney 2007 ofx format? Thanks, Brian ...

Office Word integration
This issue is already mentioned, but as a partner we cannot overemphacise that a much better Word integration is needed in CRM. Customers expect this from a MS product and it is unacceptable that 3. party add ons are needed to perform this "simple" tasks: - Mailmerge from any form with any form/table fields. - Mailmerge from any form with related account, contact and user. - Mailmerge from any client and when offline - Mailmerge using different templates based on account/contact properties fx country og language. - Mailmerge any number of contacts not a 100 limit - this is a BUG...

Word freezes in print menu
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Every time that i try and print a word document and i go to file to print it freezes and has to be forced quit. does anyone know whats going on? <br><br>Thanks It's trying to reach a printer that is no longer there. First, shut down the computer until the power turns off, then bring it back up again. That may fix it. If not: Try removing your printer, then reboot and put the printer back in again. Hope this helps On 24/03/10 2:20 PM, in article 59bb5d00.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "joneser63...

Paste Special drops cells from Word and Excell
Our church is using Publisher 2003 to do our bulletin and newsletter. When we try and use Paste Special to paste the calendar from Word 2003, it drops the last row of cells bottom of calendar (they do not show up in Publisher). If we go back to Word 2003, new document, and paste, everything is there. The same thing happens when we try to Paste Special from Excel 2003. It drops the last column of the Excel sheet. Any suggestions on how to fix this? The calendar and Excel sheet are put together by another individual ( not the secretary) and emailed to the church office. The secre...

Converting numeric values in words
Hey, I would like to know the steps / method to be followed for converting numeric values in figures. eg If the amount, i have added has come to Rs.10,500/- I want the value to be shown in words ( Rupees ten thousand five hundred only ). pls help. bye -- raj_lacs ------------------------------------------------------------------------ raj_lacs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31298 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=509697 See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH Bob Phillips (re...

Converting European format CSV to American
The European CSV uses semi-colons and has commas in numbers to denote decimal. I Need to be able to import to Excel with numbers in decimal (.) format. Is there an Excel setting? I can save the csv as txt and open and choose the semi-colon delimiter - but that is clunky and doesn't cover the decimal problem without setting an option during the import to denote amounts use comma rather than period. Hi one way (also clunky...): - set the regional settings according to the format of your CSV-file - import the file and save it - change the regional settings back to the original valu...

Autoformatting in Word 2007
Why does Word 2007 no longer automatically superscript the "st" in strings like 1st, change :) into a happyface, change --> into a solid arrow, etc? By default, it does. For the first, make sure that you this feature enabled at Office Button | Word Options | Proofing | AutoCorrect Options | AutoFormat As You Type. For the rest, make sure you have "Replace as you type" checked in AutoCorrect Options. If you don't see any AutoCorrect entries on that tab, it could be that your *.acl file is missing or damaged or that the language applied to the text at the...

SQL: Spelling out numbers to words for month
Hi, How do we spell out numbers like "1, 2, 3..." to words like "January, February, March..." for month? The database is MySQL. YC Hi YC The MS SQL Server version can be obtained using: SELECT DATENAME ( month , dt) http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174395.aspx MySQL is not a microsoft product (so you will need to search online for a forum). However the documentation to do what you are after is at: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/date-and-time-functions.html#function_monthname mysql> SELECT MONTHNAME('2008-02-03'...

Macros word 2007 run time error 4605
Macros run time error 4605 the method or property is not available because the clip board is empty or not valid. I get the above message when I paste two pages of text in to a macro I'm recording and formatting. I get the message when I restart my computer I usually copy the text before I start the recording and paste it in once I start recording. Can anyone help with this? I would like to get rid of the error and have a functional macro Post your macro code with a description of what it is supposed to do. We cannot help debug it if we don't know what it is? -- ...

Changing the language.dat files
How do I get the manager program to use updated language from the MGRLanguage.dat file. I understood that I could go in there and change labels or names but after I do this do I have to reindex or sort them in order for the changes to take effect? (I exited Manager and went back in but no changes....). Al, The MGRLanguage.dat file is not used to change labels or names. It is used to translate from English to other languages. Kevin "Al" <no@email.com> wrote in message news:uTBrBKCfEHA.2824@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How do I get the manager program to use updated langu...

Converting Access 2000 .mdb file to XML
How would I go about converting a .mdb file in Access 2000 to XML. Are there any easy ways to do this? access 2003 to access 2007 have a xml export built in. With access 2000, you have to write code to produce the "mark-up" language. you could also consider using some of the XML libraries available. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms760399.aspx If you not into writing code, then the above will not be a whole lot of help. access 2000 was out a long time ago...much before anyone was talking about, or useing xml. However, you can roll your own export,... -- Albert D. ...

convert hrs:min to minutes
I have an xl2003 workbook that in F7 subtracts a time value in F5 from a time value in F6. The time is manually entered into F5 and F6, which are formatted "13;30" in the time format selection. The result is in Hrs:Min format, so 15:20 - 13:30 = 1:50. I would the result, the 1:50, to show in minutes, in this case 110 minutes. The entered times will always be hrs:min, no seconds entered. What must I do to get the result in minutes only? And, how do i handle when a time starts on one day, say 11;30PM (23:50), and ends the next day at 1:50 [01:50)? Thanks, Tonso On Mar 31, 7:14=A0am,...

from WORD into Excel
I have already posted this, the more input the easier for me :-) I have 100's of word documents, and I want to extract certain field FROM word, for example, name, amount etc, into Excel. The best way can describe this is a "reverse" mail merge. Any help would be very much appreciated - thanks, cathal.. ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements ...

word 200 in windows7
Hi, installed office onto windows7 and it all works except word2000! The opening screen loads but the system reports that it cant communicate with the program! tried to run in campatible mode but no better, is there any fix ... please? -- surfmachine What's the exact error message presented? -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "surfmachine" <surfer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:201D12FE-B0B4-4537-9137-F098DBD9512C@microsoft.com... > Hi, installed office onto windows7 and it all works except word2000! The &...