Word as my email editor

I have installed my old version Mcrosoft Office 2000 on my new
computer, but my computor also came with a free trial for Microsoft
Office 2003 which i have not activated. Under tools in my microsoft
Outllook 2000 I have clicked on use Word as my email editor. However,
when ever I open a new message I receive the message: "This form
requires Word as your email editor, but Word is either busy or canot be
found." I am perfectly happy with Microft Office 2000 an I don't want
to upgrade to Office 2003. How can I resolve this so I can use Word as
my email editor. Thanks DH

0
d.hoffman (2)

d.hoffman <d.hoffman@frontiernet.net> wrote:

> I have installed my old version Mcrosoft Office 2000 on my new
> computer, but my computor also came with a free trial for Microsoft
> Office 2003 which i have not activated. Under tools in my microsoft
> Outllook 2000 I have clicked on use Word as my email editor. However,
> when ever I open a new message I receive the message: "This form
> requires Word as your email editor, but Word is either busy or canot
> be found." I am perfectly happy with Microft Office 2000 an I don't
> want to upgrade to Office 2003. How can I resolve this so I can use
> Word as my email editor. Thanks DH

Did you uninstall Office 2003 first?
--
Brian Tillman
0
Brian Tillman wrote:
> d.hoffman <d.hoffman@frontiernet.net> wrote:
>
> > I have installed my old version Mcrosoft Office 2000 on my new
> > computer, but my computor also came with a free trial for Microsoft
> > Office 2003 which i have not activated. Under tools in my microsoft
> > Outllook 2000 I have clicked on use Word as my email editor. However,
> > when ever I open a new message I receive the message: "This form
> > requires Word as your email editor, but Word is either busy or canot
> > be found." I am perfectly happy with Microft Office 2000 an I don't
> > want to upgrade to Office 2003. How can I resolve this so I can use
> > Word as my email editor. Thanks DH
>
> Did you uninstall Office 2003 first?
> --
> Brian Tillman

No I did not uninstall Office 2003 - Actually I never activated it. Can
I uninstall it now without also uninstalling Office 2000. I have a lot
of time invested in transfering files and contacts into Outlook 2000
and I would hate to have to start over. Thanks for offerring your help
Brian. DH

0
d.hoffman (2)
12/1/2006 3:15:19 AM
d.hoffman <d.hoffman@frontiernet.net> wrote:

> No I did not uninstall Office 2003 - Actually I never activated it.
> Can I uninstall it now without also uninstalling Office 2000. I have
> a lot of time invested in transfering files and contacts into Outlook
> 2000 and I would hate to have to start over.

You may have to uninstall both and reinstall Office 2000.  You shouldn't
lose any data, but see this for backing up before you do:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

how do I log into my work email from home
how do I log into my work email from home Ask your work email Admin. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, blampani asked: | how do I log into my work email from home ...

Outlook 2000 forwarding emails.
I am trying to automatically forward an email to a distribution group.I have used the rules wizard. The email will be sent to all but members that are external to my network. The external memeber is the most important one. What's the problem?? I had a similar problem - I think that you will find that if your outlook is running when the forwarding is to occur - it will work. But when you are not online it does not. That is because the address in your distribution list is local to your machine only. In my case, my administrator set up a distribution list at the exchange server with th...

Outlook 2003 email #2
i am new to the outlook software; currently beginning to use outlook 2003. i am receiving duplicate emails in my in-box; including all the emails i imported from my web based email, yahoo. how do i fix this problem? many thanks for any and every ones helpful guidance. happy new year, technot -- "the world will not solve it''s current problems with like-minded thinking." -Albert Einstein Not a techie here but I have had the same problem. I think that your Outlook profile is corrupt. You can create a new one and import the messages again from your backup. To create a ...

Queue not retrieving email
Hi everyone, Something weird is happening. Last week, we created a queue user in Active Directory (by the book, no mistakes) and in CRM. Everything worked fine for a couple of days, i. e., email sent to the email address was then retrieved by the CRM and placed in the queue. Unfortunately, this stopped happening for no apparent reason approximately 30 hours after the first message was received. Email messages are correctly delivered to the Exchange mailbox, where they are correctly stored (and can even be retrieved by POP3). The queue configuration has been checked and it complies wi...

outlook
my outlook 2002 can not seem to find it's 'word editor' how/ what do I need to fix this? I have already checked the box under mail setup re: using word - but the error continues to popup and say it's busy or can not be found - help? Do you also have Word 2002? alex wrote: > my outlook 2002 can not seem to find it's 'word editor' > how/ what do I need to fix this? I have already checked > the box under mail setup re: using word - but the error > continues to popup and say it's busy or can not be found - > help? ...

How do I list more opened Word docs under the File menu
Word 2003 displays the last 4 Word files opened on clicking the File menu. I would like to increase this to about 20. Can this be done, and if so, how? In Word 2003, the maximum number that can be shown is 9 and it can be set via Tools>Options>General -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Wellington" <Wellington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9B8C9D4-4F78-4A92-94C6-8DC0D41388...

Re send email
Friends, I am enrolled in a group of emails in which I reside, but they send me so many messages that I would like to send them automatically to my other account, the actual hotmail. Is it possible? THank you It sounds like you are a member of a mailing list. The mailing list will typically have a feature whereby you can change your subscribed address, either by manual request or by some automated fashion (sending a command to the list server, or going to its web configuration page). If in doubt, contact the list owner. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) -----------...

overlapped controls in grphical editor
Hi, I wrote a graphical editor. I have a problem with overlapped control. The user can update the control properties by double clicking on it. When the user puts a control Image(i.e.) and on that controls a Button is added, the user cannot update the button properties cause whenever it double click on the button the Image (which "contains" the button) properties is shown ... Is there any solution to that problem ? 10x, janiv. Janiv, Basically, you'll want to handle z-order. You don't describe how you implement the "buttons", if they are controls, the top-most on...

Email not being delivered to external recipients in a DL
I have several distribution lists that have both AD users and external contacts as recipients as members. The external recipients have stopped receiving mail sent to these DLs since we moved over to Exchange 2003 from 5.5 last week. Users with local email addresses, however, are still receiving the mail Any idea how I can resolve the problem? I've spent hours looking for a solution without success Thanks in advance. Is the sender internal? If so I'd bet the contacts didn't come over correctly with the ADC. Have you tried to add a new contact to a DL and test it? -- Hope t...

Lost all email and need a way to recover...
I did a "detect and repair" because I had lost the "news" in the "Go" menu and It was not in the customized buttons anymore. So when I did the detect and repair, I lost all email and contact information. Is there a way to recover all the email and contacts? Help Annie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I did a "detect and repair" because I had lost the "news" > in the "Go" menu and It was not in the customized buttons > anymore. So when I did the detect and repair, I lost all > email and conta...

Word comments (annotating) system stuck in capitals

Workflow not allowing me to specify email sender as a field
Hi all i have a CRM queue, and form this queue, i have built a workflow that will allow me to open an email in the queue, and choose to run the workflow, with the intent that it will create a record of a custom module i have created. However, when i try to use the email sender (from) as a field to populate my new custom entity record, the option is no where to be seen? Does this not exist or am i doing something wrong? THanks Matt Melb Hi Matthew, I don't see it either. Just a theory, but I'd say that To/From/CC/BCC are not available in the workflow because they can 1 of 4 t...

Emails don't appear immediately in Inbox
After installing the update to Windows XP Service pack 2, I do not get my emails from Microsoft Exchange immediately anymore. In order for them to appear, I must do something else in Outlook like open another email, look in my calender, etc for them to pop into my inbox. Any ideas? I beleive it may be XP SP 2 related because that is when it started. Disable your firewall in Windows. It isn't designed for LAN facing connections, anyway (although SP2 makes it easier to tweak/poke holes in). As long as your network itself is protected with a good firewall (and centralized antivirus,...

Color coding emails recieved by a single contact
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hi <br><br>Can someone please help me here in the Outlook version one could organize the emails reciveived by color coding them, however there is no option in Entourage??? Help????? On 3/24/10 1:43 PM, simrat_Bindra@officeformac.com wrote: > Can someone please help me here in the Outlook version one could > organize the emails reciveived by color coding them, however there is no > option in Entourage??? Help????? Assign a category to the contact and give it ...

Send Scheduled Email
Dear All, I am an Internet Marketer. I want to send daily or weekly email to my customer. How to automate the task with MS Outlook? Thanks See if the info here helps: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms/skedrpt.htm "Robert Lie" <robert.lie24@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23%23sriKLpGHA.2292@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Dear All, > > I am an Internet Marketer. > I want to send daily or weekly email to my customer. > How to automate the task with MS Outlook? ...

How do I set a Company Constitution in microsoft Word
Is there a Template anywhere that will help set a constitution with MS Word for small events. Googling for Constitution Template brings up: http://www.umflint.edu/clubs/umfsgc/pac/constitutiontemplate.php -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "cartref" <cartref@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:978939C7-5EB7-4981-95DA-15B2ACD72E43@microsoft.com... > Is there a Template anywhere that will help set a constitution with MS > W...

Removing email address from recipient policy does not remove from
We recenlty had a company split and the new company took over several domains, both companies run SBS 2003 Exchange 2003 SP2, after removing email address domains from recipient policy of the primary company they were not removed from Active Directory so now when the primary company tries to send emails to the new company it immediately looks in AD and kicks the email back saying there is no recipient with that address and does not let it out of their network. I had to go in manually and remove all traces of the leftover address domains from AD but it is still getting caught somewhere. ...

Options for Second Company Emails
Hi all What options do I have for allowing access to emails for a second business/domain? We have a "standard" exchange 2003 setup with a single company/domain. The company has recently bought a one-man-band business who will come and work at this office. But he will retain his own corporate identity at least in the short term. What are my options for giving him access to his original business emails - probably alongside emails to our company? I'm thinking maybe hosted account viewed via OWA would be suitable, but any advice appreciated. Can I simply get the ...

export from excel to word #2
looking for possibilityfor export single cell from excel spredsheet to the Word Can anybody help -- Marek With both the spreadsheet and Word document open, click on the cell you wish to export and: Edit > Copy Then click in the appropriate place in the Word Document and: CNTRL-v Note that if you want the destination to "look like" a cell, then create a 1 x 1 table in the Word doc and paste there. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200812 "lermar" wrote: > looking for possibilityfor export single cell from excel spredsheet to the Word > Can anybody help &g...

emailing a publication
Trying to email a 50 page publication that has 31 pages of photos. Each time I try to email as an attachment windows shuts down. Should I condense first? If so how. I am a novice, so please be patient. -- Appreciate the help! pjnot wrote: > Trying to email a 50 page publication that has 31 pages of photos. > Each time I try to email as an attachment windows shuts down. Should > I condense first? If so how. I am a novice, so please be patient. =========================================== Two ideas...scroll down..... 1) The file in question is far too large for sending in e-ma...

Convert Email to CRM activity not working properly
Anybody found a way to fix this? When using SFO and trying to convert an email to a CRM activity the addresses aren't resolved in the system and requires manually finding them. This is somewhat annoying and time consuming and puts users off using the system properly. Thanks Is this issue happening with users or contacts? I have seen where CRM users have been entered in as both users and contacts, and CRM does not know which to associate the mail to, forces the end user to chose by leaving the email address as red. Removing all CRM users from the contact list should eliminate the issu...

PowerPoint 2003 to accessible Word 2003 via VBA?
I'd like to extract all content from a Windows PowerPoint 2003 document and place it in a Word 2003 document, as Word to PDF conversion seems to provide better-quality tagging than a PowerPoint to PDF conversion. I know I can save the outline as RTF and open that in Word, but the outline does not include any of the following: - text added on a blank slide layout - text in a text box - tables. - images. Is there any way to copy all content from a PowerPoint presentation to a Word document, such that all text remains text and all tables remain as tables? Charles Belo...

Sigaiture on EMail
I have inserted a picture into my signature using Word which looks fine in the preview box of the 'Mail Format' but appears as a box with a red cross in it on new emails. Why ?? ...

Hyperlink link in workflow emails (CRM 4.0) #2
Hi, Got so many articles but all are NOT perfect. Using CRM 4.0. I would like to include hyperlink in Workflow email. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg... Issue is: Email generated through workflow, but the http... shows as plain text, not as hyperlink. How to make URL as hyperlink and also want to hide the url as we do in HTML as follows. <a href="http://crm/sfa/conts/edit.aspx?id= ">Hyperlink</a> Any suggestion will be appreciated!!! -mac Hello John, I wonder if the email is being opened in a brower client or a thick client ...

Exchange 2003/ 2007 emails coming in blank, but text appears if forwarded
We have two email servers, one that is Exchange 2003 and another which have just 30 users on that is on Exchange 2007 (we hope to migrate the rest of the 2003 users on to it). These are backend servers, but all emails within our company are delivered by one of two hub-client servers (both of which are Exchange 2007). We have this weird problem where occasionally people get messages sent to them which appear entirely blank, but if they then forward them, the text becomes visible. It appears that something is playing with the formatting of emails, and I am not sure what. Sometimes we have found ...