Word as email editor and attachment problem

Using Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server 2000.
I have a custom form published to a public folder and all
is well, except for those users that have Outlook set to
use Word as the e-mail editor.. They can see and use the
form fine except for one thing...they can't open
attachements. The attachment icon is there, but if they
right-click on the icon, the only menu choice is copy.
Double-click does nothing as well. If they switch the
Outlook mail format to NOT use Word, attachments work fine
again.
Does anyone know the fix for this?
Thanks in advance!!!

Tyler