Windows Office 2000 installer tries to execute everytime I compose or respond to a message

In OWA, Every time I try to compose or respond to a message, the Windows
Office 2000 installer tries to execute and asks for the CD.  Unfortunately,
this Office 2000 problem has come up again even after all the updates to
Office 2000.

Also I am having trouble logging out.  When I hit the logoff button, it
brings up a sign-in screen asking for ID & password again.  Whether I cancel
it or fill it in and type OK, it then gives me a screen that says "access
denied".  I never get a screen which says that logout was successful.

0
Spin (165)

I have the same problem here...

From what I've seen most people refer to MS Q257886 that basicaly
tells you to give it the Office 2000 pro CD so it will shut up or just
cancell and it will stop bothering you.

This is crap because our system are configured using an image that was
created in another office. The installation dialog box does not give
you the option to point it to the installation files. It just wants to
go automaticaly to where it was originaly installed from. In my case
the original install point was on a server in an office on the other
side of the country! Letting it try to install over internet is
impossible....I've let the system sit for hours and it wasn't even
near 1/4 completed.

Further more clicking cancel just bring the dialog box up 15 times
before it "gives up" and let's you work as expected. This also happens
everytime you use OWA and click on the reply button.

I've even tried upgrading the system to Office 2003 and stupid OWA
still asks for the Office 2000 pro installation files!!!

I'm sure there is a fix out there somewhere for this...I'm assuming it
will be to edit the registry keys that contain the original install
point to something like the CD or a local server with the installtion
files...

This is not a great fix for me either as I have 15,000 systems that
have recently been upgraded to Exchange 2003 OWA....way to go
Microsoft!!!

I hope this helps people out there...
0
jsoutter (5)
11/4/2004 5:24:19 PM
SirOssis wrote:

> This is not a great fix for me either as I have 15,000 systems that
> have recently been upgraded to Exchange 2003 OWA....way to go
> Microsoft!!!

How did you deploy Office 2003?  Are you using GPO or LIS?  With MST?

--
Alex Yu
http://mucha.us/blogs/alex/

This posting represents my own opinion, and in no way claims
to represent the views of Microsoft Corporation. This posting
is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias
is for newsgroup purposes only. Remove "online." if you would
like to reach me privately.
0
Alex
11/4/2004 7:04:31 PM
Office was installed by mapping a network drive to a server containing
the setup files.

This was performed on 1 master workstation that was then images and
deployed to all other systems.

Problem is that the image was created in lets say California now when
a system in lets say Boston tries to update it has to connect to the
server in California to do the updates..........
0
jsoutter (5)
11/17/2004 4:48:39 PM
Office was installed by mapping a network drive to a server containing
the setup files.

This was performed on 1 master workstation that was then images and
deployed to all other systems.

Problem is that the image was created in lets say California now when
a system in lets say Boston tries to update it has to connect to the
server in California to do the updates..........
0
jsoutter (5)
11/17/2004 4:48:55 PM
SirOssis <jsoutter@gmail.com> wrote:

> Office was installed by mapping a network drive to a server containing
> the setup files.
>
> This was performed on 1 master workstation that was then images and
> deployed to all other systems.
>
> Problem is that the image was created in lets say California now when
> a system in lets say Boston tries to update it has to connect to the
> server in California to do the updates..........

Did you expect a different behavior?  All network installs behave this way.
--
Brian Tillman
0

I cannot access any hyperlinks in e-mail messages I receive.
Somebody or something has changed access settings in my Outlook e-mail. If I click on a hyperlink I receive a message telling me that it can't perform this action and that this computer has restrictions and I should contact my system administrator. Unfortunately, that's me!! Help! woofandduke wrote: > Somebody or something has changed access settings in my Outlook e-mail. If I > click on a hyperlink I receive a message telling me that it can't perform > this action and that this computer has restrictions and I should contact my > system administrato...

Office Power Point Viewer 2007 won't open ".pps" files
Using Windows 7, Home Premium, 32 bit. No Office 2007 installed. Using Microsoft Works. Have experienced several issues with Office PPT Viewer 2007. Cleared them, but additionally each time I try to open a .pps file, either from the Desktop or Windows Mail, I receive the following: "C:\Users|AMD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TemporaryInternetFiles\content.IE5\E7D22GOW\Gathering of Mustangs and Legends2007.pps is not a valid Win32 application". I have opened this file many times on another computer, so don't think it is an issue with the file. The software has be...

How to know when a window is created?
I want to create a CFormview derived application. I want to call GetClientRect() when the formview is created, but I can't find the message of handling this. If I call GetClientRect() in OnInitialUpdate(), I can't get the correct size I want. Thank you. zhaoyandong wrote: > I want to create a CFormview derived application. > > I want to call GetClientRect() when the formview is created, but I can't >find the message of handling this. > > If I call GetClientRect() in OnInitialUpdate(), I can't get the correct >size I want. Whenever the window ...

what version of capicom do i have installed and graceful failing of createobject
Set capicom = createObject("CAPICOM.Utilities.1") Running that produces the following error: Script: C:\path\to\capicom.vbs Line: 1 Char: 1 Error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'CAPICOM.Utilities.1' Code: 800A01AD Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error My question is two fold. First, why can't I create that object? <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa388182%28VS.85%29.aspx> states that CAPICOM.Utilities.1 requires you have CAPICOM v2.0 or later installed. How can I find out what version I have installed? ...

"No more new fonts may be applied to this Workbook" message
When trying to copy graphs to a new worksheet within the same workbook I am getting the following message "No more new fonts may be applied to this Workbook". It then won't allow me to change the font size on the graph labels. Any idea what this is and how to correct? Thanks. See this KB http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;215573 XL2000: Error Copying Worksheets Containing Charts -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "j" <jcamp@citizensbankwv.com> wrote in message news:043f01c37c99$7ba928f0$a40128...

It all started with Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange SP2
We have a simple domain - one DC and one Member server supporting Exchange 2003. Both run with - DC Windows 2003 Enterprise and Exchange Windows 2003 Standard. My clients all use Office 2003 Professional. I have installed SP1 on both and SP2 on the Exchange server. Now the fun starts and where I am looking for help. Point 1 - I understand that the new Firewall using SCW has some problems; to the extent that Microsoft has issued a Troubleshooting Guide. I see there could be problems (article ID 896742) and Microsoft has a fix. I also understand that the recommendation is not to use SC...

Outlook search window results
I am using Outlook 2002 search and cannot find an option to confine search results to the left column as in Outlook 2000. In the 2000 version you can choose a search result to display in the main window while maintaining the search results in the left column. Is there a way to do this? ...

Unable to Open "Outlook Today" in Office 2000
Several users at our company are having a problem with MS Office 2000 (SR1) v9.0.0.3821 - the "Outlook Today" main mailbox. Although every user can click on this folder/option along the left hand tree they are unable to click/open the "customize Outlook Today" icon. The icon is present, not greyed out or anyting, but no matter how many times you click on it nothing happens. - So far we've deleted all temp/temp internet files, cleaned/optimized the registry, uninstalled and reinstalled Office (Outlook), installed all options in Outlook, & deleted the word &...

Outlook 2000
I am running Win2K with Office2K SR3. When I click on "customize Outlook Today" nothing happens. It has worked in the past. I tried "Detect and Repair" which said it repaired everything, but still nothing happens when I click "Customize Outlook Today." I am using the "winter" layout. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 Next time, search the archives using google.groups.com, you will find several thousand of the ...

email privacy in outlook 2000
i delete all emails and empty folder. I do not want a computer genius to find any ofmy emails on my drive. how can i insure these emails are deleted fromt he hard drive? Thanks you Microsoft Outlook stores everything (mail, contacts, tasks, calendar, .etc) in the *.PST file. Therefore the best you could do after a large amount of delets is to run the compact option. (Right click on Personal Folders and select properties. Select Advanced button and then compact.) "Janice" <Janice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDD48CD4-77B0-42C6-BF75-0D9930FD45DD@...

access & windows xp
we're trying to use access 2000 (part of office rooo profesional SR) on new HP/compaq machine that has xp pro on it. on clicking a button to jump between forms we get the following message:- The expression On Click you entered as the event peroperty setting produced the following error:- Can't find roject or library. The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user defined function, or an [event proceedure]. There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro. .. It sounds like the button OnClick calls an expression e.g. "=M...

Unable to handle inbound messages
Single Exchange 2003 Server running on a Domain Controlle ******************************************* For some reason, all inbound mails are sent back out to the internet. I have run the Internet Mail Wizard and I have compared all settings with another server. When I check the Message Tracking Center this is what I find SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuin SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queu SMTP: Message Submitted to Categorize SMTP: Message Categorized and Queued for Routin SMTP: Message Routed and Queued for Remote Delive SMTP: Started Outbound Transfer of Messag SMTP:...

Can I use Rule to move digitally signed messages to separate folder?
Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed messages? Thanks in advance. deko <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder > using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed > messages? I don't see that as a selection criterion in the Rules wizard. -- Brian Tillman ...

Mailbox throws "Exchange is currently in recovery mode" message when opening
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2. I went ahead and deleted an AD account of type InetOrgPerson and it's associated mailbox. Even though the AD account was an InetOrgPerson type, it seemed to work ok like that up until the last couple of days until it mysteriously stopped working. So I re-created the account, setting it to type "user" instead of InetOrgPerson. I ran a mailbox cleanup agent task on the store and purged the mailbox. Re-created it about 5 seconds later. This is the only store on the only server in the site. When I tried to open Out...

windows xp home op system viewing options
I've been running windows xp, home & pro, for some time now. In that system, pics that you have in your comp can be displayed in thumbnail form like a web page. My ancient monitor just blew up, and I FINALLY got a flat screen 20" monitor, but now the thumbs are MICROSCOPIC!! I've used the display settings to enhance the view to 150%, but it only affects text. Also, Explorer 8 has zoom features, but many of the programs, and my big want, the thumbnail pics are so tiny they're hurting my eyes to see them. Can we adjust the size of displayed files in the hard ...

"Find an event" feature in the Windows Live Mail/Calendar
In the Windows Live mail it is quite simple to "Find a message" as we type something in the search box and enter. But, I do not see any search box with the Calendar. Are there any ways to "Find" something in the Windows Live Calendar? Looking forward to hear from someone. Thank you. ...

newbie, missing OWC11 and Office WEb Components on install
I had a configured instance of SQL SErver Express 2005 and am trying to install to the sql server express advanced edition onto this first instance as well as the toolkit. I follow the instructions for getting the right instance it goes through the install but I get an error in the log regarding the OWC11 doesn't get installed and it wants something more than OFfice 2003? It wants the office web components. What am I missing to get this installed? I have IIS running. thanks, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 9.00.4035.00 ============================== OS Version : ...

Executing Outlook Rules Programmatically
Hi There, I have a series of rules defined (Exchange Server Side), that I'd like to invoke programmatically. I've found the "Run Rules Now" command that one can add to the toolbar, but this only invokes the dialog to then select the rules to run and the messages to be affected. Can anyone give me some guidance on how to programmatically invoke ALL rules against ALL read messages, which is the particular thing I want to do? Regards, Trevor Andrew ...

how to set the client size of richedit?in which window message?
i want to set the client size of richedit according to its the whole window size. i have already overridden WM_NCPAINT, but how i can set its client size? -- With best regards, Wenming Hu Wenming Hu, Is it WM_SIZE you are after (in case you want to size the control after the parent)? In that case, you must make sure the RTF-control is created in the WM_SIZE-handler, as this message will be sent for the parent before the children are created. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "wenming hu" <wenming_hu2002@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:%23KY6AyNsEHA.3336@...

Lost messages in Outlook express
Help! My laptop lost power while I had Outlook express open - Now my all emails that I received or sent are lost.... How can I retrieve them? I am using Outlook express 6 and Windows 2000 Thanks laura This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inete...

Use with Office Communicator saving Conversations (IM)
Our office just upgraded our email, and now we have Office Communicatior available. OC allows the saving of conversations to Outlook. I noticed that when a conversation is closed or saved and returned to after a time delay, there are 2 conversations in the folder. Is there a way to only have 1 conversation in the folder? or to have the seperate conversations be distinct, i.e. convo 1 at 930am and ends at 1015 is one, and another covo starts at 215-225. now i'll have a conversation saved at 1015 that has all im from 930, as well as a convo at 225 that has the 215-225 as we...

Invalid Add-in error message
When I open Outlook 2003, I keep getting the following error message: C:\Documents and Settings\Amanda\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns\outlvba.dll is not a valid Office Add-in. Then I am booted from Outlook. How can I fix this? Try renaming outlvba.dll to outlvba.bak. Go to the add/remove applet in the control panel and perform a detect and repair on Office/Outlook 2003. /neo ps - outlvba.dll normally exists at \Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\ADDINS. I've never seen it under a user profile. "urbangirl" <urbangirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

MacFixIt Special Report on Office slow to launch
How about some comments on what others have done ----------------------------- Title: Mac OS X 10.5.2 Special Report: Microsoft Office applications slow to launch Date: Wednesday, February 27 2008 @ 12:38 PM PST Read the full article at http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20080227123853596 ------------------------------ MacFixit calls it a "Special Report"???? Must be a slow news week - this "fix" has been in circulation for nearly a month now: http://bbold.com/blog/apple/speed-up-microsoft-office-2008-for-mac/ Works for some, not for others, and many don'...

Old Publisher on Windows XP ?
I have an old version of Publisher that came with a bundle with Windows 95 (yoiks). I want to get to some docs I created all them years ago. I now have XP Pro. Does anyone know whether I can successfully run this old version of Publisher on XP ? I have looked around the MS Support site and KB for some info but can't seem to find any. If all else fails I will install it and try, but thought if someone knew that it can't be done, then I wouldn't waste my time. Cheers Mal Oz I think there will be someone else who will point out that Publisher was never a part of Windows. I...

alter the content of the from box in a message
in outlook my "from" box automatically defaults to the email from me and that is the email address issued to me by my ISP that I entered at inception. I want my default email to read a different email which corresponds not to my ISP but to my web site and email service by my web hosters? for example my outlook says that my emails are from blanchard@btinternet.com in my signature block i type my small company details and include my company website and my email which is mail@blanchardcon.com etc how do i get this email to appear as a default in the "from" box? Enter i...