Windows Live Mail #2

Ok, I've been a happy user of Outlook 2000 for a long time, but have liked
what I see so far of the Vista version of Windows Mail. There is a similar
version for XP called Windows Live Mail which looks the same.

This may be OT, but as I am an Outlook user, maybe asking here may be
helpful. My favorite features of Outlook are Rules, Calendar and Tasks. Are
these features available for Live Mail or is there a plug-in? If not, I am
happy with Outlook.
Thanks.

--
marx404

_________________

0
marx404

"marx404" in <news:g497t3$1sl$1@registered.motzarella.org> wrote:

> Ok, I've been a happy user of Outlook 2000 for a long time, but have liked
> what I see so far of the Vista version of Windows Mail. There is a similar
> version for XP called Windows Live Mail which looks the same.
>
> This may be OT, but as I am an Outlook user, maybe asking here may be
> helpful. My favorite features of Outlook are Rules, Calendar and Tasks. Are
> these features available for Live Mail or is there a plug-in? If not, I am
> happy with Outlook.
> Thanks.

If you've seen Outlook EXPRESS then you've [mostly] seen Windows Live
Mail (WLM).  There is a change in how the accounts are managed but there
is great similarity.  OE has rules.  So does WLM.  But Outlook's rules
are still more potent.  OE has no calendar or tasks.  OE is just an
e-mail and newsgroups client.  Same for WLM.

If you want the features of Outlook but in WLM (and do it all for free),
you'll have to setup your own combo, like using WLM with EssentialPIM.
EssentialPIM doesn't have an e-mail function and why you would use WLM,
or OE, or Thunderbird, or Pegasus Mail, or whatever e-mail client you
like.  As I recall, there is a paid version of EssentialPIM with more
features.

The WLM newsgroup is at:

microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
0
V4521 (722)
6/30/2008 8:55:37 AM
Thank you!

--
marx404

_________________
> "marx404" in <news:g497t3$1sl$1@registered.motzarella.org> wrote:
>
>> Ok, I've been a happy user of Outlook 2000 for a long time, but have
>> liked
>> what I see so far of the Vista version of Windows Mail. There is a
>> similar
>> version for XP called Windows Live Mail which looks the same.
>>
>> This may be OT, but as I am an Outlook user, maybe asking here may be
>> helpful. My favorite features of Outlook are Rules, Calendar and Tasks.
>> Are
>> these features available for Live Mail or is there a plug-in? If not, I
>> am
>> happy with Outlook.
>> Thanks.
>
> If you've seen Outlook EXPRESS then you've [mostly] seen Windows Live
> Mail (WLM).  There is a change in how the accounts are managed but there
> is great similarity.  OE has rules.  So does WLM.  But Outlook's rules
> are still more potent.  OE has no calendar or tasks.  OE is just an
> e-mail and newsgroups client.  Same for WLM.
>
> If you want the features of Outlook but in WLM (and do it all for free),
> you'll have to setup your own combo, like using WLM with EssentialPIM.
> EssentialPIM doesn't have an e-mail function and why you would use WLM,
> or OE, or Thunderbird, or Pegasus Mail, or whatever e-mail client you
> like.  As I recall, there is a paid version of EssentialPIM with more
> features.
>
> The WLM newsgroup is at:
>
> microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop

0
marx404

Excel Drop Down Boxes #2
Question; does anybody know how to add additional data to a previous drop down box? I have created a form that has several drop down boxes a while ago, and due to some information that has been change I need to input more info in the drop down boxes but for some odd reason I cant remember how I executed these actions!! If it helps I am using Excel 2000. -- CRS ------------------------------------------------------------------------ CRS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27444 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46...

Smith's SK2 2-Stone Sharpening Kit
Price:$13.95 Image: http://thediscountlocator.info/image.php?id=B000B5JXU2 Best deal: http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B000B5JXU2 Deluxe Sharpening Kit, Contains 1 Each 5" X 5/8" Medium Arkansas Stone, 1 Each 4" X 1" Fine Arkansas Stone, 2 OZ Honing Oil. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: 550lb. Type III Paracord:http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B000S5ODO6 Swedish Firesteel- Army Model:http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B0013L8D9K Enter The Kettlebell! Strength Secret of The Soviet Supermen:http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=0938045695...

Some users can't email mail-enabled public folder
I've had a problem that recently started somehow. Environment is clustered Exchange 2003 SP2 running on Windows 2003 Enterprise SP1. Outlook 2003 SP2 clients. I have a mail enabled public folder. Internal and external users were at one point able to email the folders. Recently, some internal (including myself, enterprise admin) and external users have been unable to email just these specific folders. The users in question can still email all other public folders. Also, other users can email the public folders that are having trouble. It appears that only specific users are having t...

Windows Programming
I don't know if this is the best place to post this (I couldn't post to the other Windows programming newsgroups). Here's my question: I'm using a free IDE (Dev-C++), GNU compiler and C++. I want to code windows applications with all the nice GUI elements (buttons, textboxes, and etc.). Thefore, I need to link the MFC library right? Is this library free? Where can I donwload it from? Where can I find the API docummentation? Please help! I'm new to MS Windows programming. Is there any other free Windows library (like Motif) available for PCs? Is there another newsgroup wher...

Windows 7 update error code 8007000D
I just tried running windows upodate from the Control Panel and the Website and received an error 8007000D with the ever helpful message Windows entountered an unknown error. I have a clean new install of windows, not using the firewall or a proxy server. Any ideas? 8007000D - Error_invalid_data The directory cannot be removed How to troubleshoot Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 service pack installation issues [Errors 0x80070002; *0x8007000D*; 0x80073712; 0x800B0100; & 0x8024200D] http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947366 Free unlimited installation and compatibili...

IE 6 problems on Windows XP + SP2
Hi People, Some users are reclaim that they don't get to view mails image from our OWA. It only happen when the access is from internet. Internally we don't have any problems. After some tests I discovered that it only happens from computers with XP + SP2 installed. Or better, when we try to view the mails images (gif) from a Windows XP without the SP2 the access is normally. The problem does not happen with the IE7 installed, just with IE6 and IE6 +SP1 Any advices? Tks very much -- Elvecio ...

coding a UI like Windows media Player in vc++
hi there i am writing an app which involves the management of digital stills and audio, and writing it in vc++6 i will use wmp to play audio, and i may have to write a custom skin just a general qst - what api/sdk is best to use to get that cool ui that microsoft have in wmp - ie, non-regular buttons etc cheers bhu ...

Windows Installer tries to install new features every time publisher 2000 opens
Every time I open Publisher 2000 I get Windows Installer launching which tries to install a new feature. It even comes up aftert I have inserted the disk for every user on our network. Has anyone got any ideas how to stop this Yes, install the new Windows Installer for your version of Windows. Windows Installer All Versions http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?st=b&na=83&qu=installer&View=en-us -- "nickburgess@tgsg.kent.sch.uk" wrote: > Every time I open Publisher 2000 I get Windows Installer > launching which tries to install a new feature. It...

Money 2002 Died #2
Experiencing the same situation. Please inform us of the situation. Thanks! We have the same problem here. Money won't start up. We reinstalled and it ran initially, but now it has the same problem again. Has anyone contacted Microsoft?! >-----Original Message----- >Experiencing the same situation. Please inform us of the >situation. Thanks! >. > Same thing here. This is scary! >-----Original Message----- >We have the same problem here. Money won't start up. We >reinstalled and it ran initially, but now it has the same >problem again. Has a...

Event id: 474 2 days after offline defrag
Last week my customers exchange 2000 information store dismounted and stopped due to it's size exceeding the max 16gigs. I had to run an offline defrag which lowered the databse to below 16 gigs and it mounted properly. That night the was a good backup. Since then there has not been a good backup - basically because of Event id:474 - a chksum error. I an afraid to restart that server or touch it because all of the email is working - all is OK except it cannot be backed up. We are prepared to order another server and run exmerge to migrate the data - is this the best method - or is...

disable MDI window list menu
I created a MDI application. When I create a new child window, it automatically adds window name to the 'Window' menu, i.e., it adds 'Doc1', 'Doc2'... How do I make it NOT do that? Thanks. WJ You can change the default name of your documents (in the string table) or you could remove the Window menu from the top menu, or, I think, you can just hook into OnInitMenuPopup() for the mainframe and remove the entries starting with AFX_IDM_FIRST_MDICHILD. This article might help you get started. In this one they remove all those items and replace them with a popup...

Changing Inventory Item Types #2
In GP7.5, is there any way to change inventory item types once they have been used? Can the item be deleted and then recreated at the end of a year? Are there any utility programs that can do this? In particular, I've got some "sales inventory" items that I want to convert to "kits" and others that need to be "services" We are on 8.0, but I don't think it is possible to change the item type - not even with Professional System Tools. We have changed the item name (via tools) to include the word Discontinued. Then we set up a new item to repl...

Problem after e-mail server re-start
Hi, I have the prblem for OWA users to access the Exchange server every times re-started the server, and Outlook users using IMAP connection also experience delays or hangs. The following is found in the event log Source: W3SVC Event ID: 101 The server was unable to add the virtual root '/Exchange' for the directory 'M:\speedsourcing.com\MBX' due to the following error: The system cannot find the path specified. The data is the error code. From the Internet Services Manager, paths for Exchange, ExchWeb & Exadmin are all unavailable. The first two can be manually r...

IF statement help #2
Hi What im trying to do is, Calculate a Cell x say 0.5. If the result is a negative number, sho 0. If it is a positive number, work it out and show the answer. Jus tried, and cant seem to get it right for some reason. I dont want t have to use another cell for no reaon, as I need to present th worksheet This is what I tried, IF((E22*0.5)>0), (E22*0.5), Thank -- RudeYut ----------------------------------------------------------------------- RudeYute's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3295 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthr...

Excel tab as windows
Is there a way while running Excel to be working on one tab and open another tab as a smaller window that is always on top. So I can enter information in both tabs without having to minimize, maximize, or switch back & forth? Thanks C. Fillmore Hi you could align the windows so you can see both at the same time. But a 'always on top' option does not exist AFAIK -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany surveyorinva wrote: > Is there a way while running Excel to be working on one tab and open > another tab as a smaller window that is always on top. So I can > enter in...

Task Window to open and stay open
How do you get the Task Window to open and stay open when you start up Excel 2002? I have the "Startup Task Pane" clicked in the Options|View window. Thanks, Jeff ------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------- ---------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------- You may have a hidden workbook that opens automatically as Excel starts up (e.g. Personal.xls), so the Task Pane closes, despite the Task Pane setting. You can change the Registry, or add a macro to the workbook that's opening autom...

HELP: Handling WM_SHOWWINDOW when window opened SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED
I've verified that the WM_SHOWWINDOW handler OnShowWindow() is not called when ShowWindow is called with SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED. I created a dummy MFC app (doc/view and no doc/view) and reproduced the behavior. So, here is what I have (simplified)... MFC app with no doc/view support. CMyWinApp::InitInstance() { .... pMainFrame->ShowWindow(m_nCmdShow); pMainFrame->UpdateWindow(); .... } CMainFrame::OnShowWindow(...) { // Not called when m_nCmdShow == SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED!! } This seems to be the designed behavior. Does anyone know why? What message can I handle in this case to know when the...

No more new fonts may be applied to this workbook #2
I have Excel 2003 (11.6113.5703) running on windows XP. I have loaded the latest update from the web. When I try to change the font size of text in the axis or label of a chart, a message shows "No more new fonts may be applied to this workbook." When I do a print preview of the charts, the same message shows up and then the print previews would be displayed. I'd appreciate if you can tell me the fix. Jon Peltier has some information on this in his Charting FAQ article: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon025 and at his web site (use th...

Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book #2
Hi all, I have just created a new contacts list in our public folders. When I go to all the workstations, the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" is unchecked. To save me going to all workstations and checking this setting, is there some way I can set it to "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" automatically? Cheers Marty... ....ms... <martin@adg.com.au> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have just created a new contacts list in our public folders. > When I go to all the workstations, the "Show this folder as an e-mail > Address Book&q...

updating #2
My microsoft money mutual fund page does not update anymore. Is there any reason? I did not change anything Thanks Dada ...

batch importing of mailing lists to Excel
I've got a mailing list of around 1000 names, stored in both Word and Entourage like this: First Name Last Name <e-mail address> Once I’ve eliminated the < >, do I then have to individually copy & paste (or type) all the info in three Excel columns? Or is there a simpler solution for batch importing of mailing lists to the Excel spreadsheet? "bgsignal" wrote: > I've got a mailing list of around 1000 names, stored in both Word and > Entourage like this: First Name Last Name <e-mail address> > Once I’ve eliminated the < >, do I then ...

I'm sending 2 (duplicate) emails each time I send emai
I'm using Office 2007, Outlook and, each time I send an email.. the receiver gets two copies.... any thoughts? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http:/...

Compare two Sheets with Conditional Formatting #2
I'm going insane I'm trying to compare two sheets using Walkenbach's approach but for some reason when I use it...certain values don't show differences. Example: Sheet 1 (Range Name is Grid) has 18000 on Cell A1 Sheet 2 (Range Name is OldGrid) has 18000 on Cell A2 So if I change Cell A1 on Sheet 1 to 1 it should show me change but no...it just does nothing. However if I type 133...it shows change. Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _ "=COUNTIF(OldGrid,A1)=0" Selection.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 40 Help really appreciate...

Outlook 2003 running on Windows 2003 (as client) breaks after SP1
Have Exchange 2003 running on SBS2003 and has been running great for over a year. Many users use Outlook 2003 remotely using RPC over HTTPS with no problem. Then one user running Windows Server 2003 STD on a laptop (a client machine) applied the new SP1 and Outlook connection over HTTPS is now broken. The Outlook authentication request appears again and again - it is never satisfied. Tried running it as "outlook /rpcdiag" and don't get any additional information that is helpful. Just simply does not authenticate. Had Virtual PC running on the Windows 2003 machine so we tried usi...

line spacing #2
How do I reset line spacing in Outlook 2003? My version insists on inserting a double line feed every time I press "Enter". You are using a stationary that uses double lines. Try a different stationary or none at all "crossfire" wrote: > How do I reset line spacing in Outlook 2003? > My version insists on inserting a double line feed every time I press "Enter". > "crossfire" wrote: > How do I reset line spacing in Outlook 2003? > My version insists on inserting a double line feed every time I press "Enter". I appreciat...