Windows Installer Error 1635

I am getting the following error message when I try to
import a CSV file to the calander.
Starts off by saying can not start the required
translator, tries to install then I get the error message.
0
duxbury (1)

How do you add error bars?
when i select my data series on my table, no selected data series appears under format Instead of selecting the series on the table (whatever that means), try selecting the data series in the chart. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2004 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office In article <08ef01c3a991$89241060$a101280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > when i select my data series on my table, no selected > data series appears under format > ...

How not to Run a Login Script on a Windows Server?
I do not want to run a login script on a Windows 2000 Server. Can a test against a specific value thats unique to Windows 2000 Server?? Right now in my login script, I test to see if its a Windows_NT machine or Win32 machine. Is there a similiar way to test for Windows 2000 Server Edition?? Thanx, Kevin ...

card reader and errors
Toshiba a305-6905 3gb laptop. 1.5 years. All of a sudden I stick a Sony memory stick and a I tried a filled sd card to ensure it wasn't one of the either and regardless I get an error. Shows up when inserted on my computer but no pics will be displayed because it says the media card needs to be formatted first even with pics on it. So I played along and let the computer tried to format the card and it computer is unable to format. Storage on portable media is not in the lock position. Pics will show up on camera and printer so I know this is computer related only. Shows up o...

The dreaded 0x8004210 error
Am running Outlook 2002 with XP Professional, on cable internet connection. After several months, suddenly started receiving timeout messages, with the 0x8004210a and 0x8004210b errors. Have looked at all previous postings, and tried the recommendations, to no avail. Have disabled McAfee, have applied all available updates to Office 2002 and XP. I encounter the same problem with Outlook Express and Eudora. But if I connect my old computer up to the internet connection, it works fine. Has anyone out there successfully defeated this problem? Thanks in advance, Steve H Hi, Steve. A lot of...

An Unexpected Error has occurred
As opposed to an expected one? Losing what's left of my hair over this one... My accounting app written in VB6 SP6 is crashing. But only on one machine at a client's site. What's really strange is that my app was running until some arbitrary update (I update several times a week on average) and he's not been able to run any updates past a specific one. Yet those same updates run just fine on all the other computers on the network on-site. The only one that fails with "Unexpected Error" is the one running terminal services (or whatever it's cal...

Unsupported database collation detected. error during upgrade
Hi, I receive the Unsupported database collation detected. error during the upgrade process from 1.2 to 3.0 what can I do to solve this and perform the upgrade???? thanks. Jerome. ...

Error Message 0x800CCC78 #2
I am receiving error message 0x800CCC78 when I try to send emails from Outlook 2002. I made a mistake in my original post. I said I was receiving this error message from Outlook Express. It is Outlook 2002 not Outlook Express. Please let me know how to resolve this error so that I can begin sending emails again. I can receive emails, I just cannot send them Could you turn on diagnostic logging (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q300479) and post the OPMLog.log file after you get this error? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "...

DST Update Errors
I am getting the following error when running the MSExTmz_1.bat tool on about 20 mailboxes: HrProcessInputFile:Processing Mailbox:/O=LETT CORPORATE/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=FRANK HrProcessMailbox:Timezone set to EASTERN STANDARD TIME. HrSpawnOLTool:Spawned worker process as pid - 1872. HrScanEventLogForSuccess:Success Event not found in Application log, treating as failure. HrProcessMailbox:Unable to process mailbox /O=LETT CORPORATE/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=FRANK - 0x80004005 HrProcessInputFile:Error Processing Mailbox:/O=LETT CORPORATE/OU=FIR...

Find cause of error when calling CFrameWnd::Create()
Hello, in my application I had a call to CFrameWnd::Create() return 0 (which indicates an error), so my question is: Is there a function I can call to get a more detailed description of the error, maybe something mfc specific? I tried a simple ::GetLastError(), but it returned 0.... Eric Lilja wrote: > Hello, in my application I had a call to CFrameWnd::Create() return 0 (which > indicates an error), so my question is: Is there a function I can call to get > a more detailed description of the error, maybe something mfc specific? I > tried a simple ::GetLastError(), but it re...

"Windows cannot load the locally stored profile" for a domain user
This one is driving me mad. Ok, here=92s the situation: PC with XP SP2, joined to a domain. There are 2 users that use this machine, both log in with their Active Directory logons. Melissa can log in fine and has never had a problem with this machine. Linda, however, used the machine fine for a week or so, then would get the error: "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator." ...when trying to log in. So my...

Outlook send/Recieve error.
Hi I am facing a problem with my exchange 2003 server.My clients have Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 on thier desktops.I recieve an error message while downloading the Address book from Outlook 2003.when a user presses Send/Recieve on his outlook 2003 ,it gives a message as 'The Operation Failed,Microsoft Exchange Server is not avalible. Error:0x8004010f However users can send and recieve mails,Only when they click Send/Recieve this error is coming. This is a new installed exchange 2003 Server with servcie Pack 2 on WINDOWS 2003 Operating System. 2.I have not set any mailbox limi...

Installing office second time due to crash on old pc
My original laptop crashed and now I am unable to install my office ultimate due to the first activation on old pc. Can someone help me on this. "medeiom" <medeiom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CD303CC-F2AC-4E1B-A2E9-6DED3A123003@microsoft.com... > My original laptop crashed and now I am unable to install my office > ultimate > due to the first activation on old pc. > > Can someone help me on this. You don't make sense. What do you mean by "unable" to install? If your old laptop crashed and you are trying...

Linked Tables
Hello All, Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This problem has been bothering me for a week now. I have a make table query which takes data from a linked Excel table and creates a new 'Combine' table. When it creates the Combine table I also add another field called 'Source' to the Combine table. I then have several append queries which I link to additional Excel linked tables. I take this data and add it to the Combine table along with a 'Source' field. I created the source field because I needed to have a field which would tell me which linked tabl...

Windows 2007 .xlsm files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel In my work environment we now use windows excel 2007 with files saved in the .xlsm format. I have a mac at home but find that I cannot open the excel .xlsm files in max excel 2008. Compatibility is the number 1 requirement for me. Is there any solution other than buying Windows? David_Winston@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel > In my work environment we now use windows excel 2007 with files saved in > the .xlsm format. I have a mac at h...

error signature
I have keep getting an error signature imessage n Publisher and I am unable to print my brochure. Any ideas??? Cyn wrote: > I have keep getting an error signature imessage n Publisher and I am unable > to print my brochure. Any ideas??? The "error signature" bit is just a bit of text to tell you that the next bit of information is the error signature. The error signature itself is the important bit. Just like if you saw: Telephone Number: 555 555-2176 in a message, the important data would be the number itself, not the "Telephone number" text. There sh...

Runtime Error! Abnormal program termination
I have not been able to get any microsoft help on this for over a week. I have no way to get product ID since it will not load. It happens with 2003 and 2004. HELP!!!! Start->Run->regsvr32 msxml3.dll -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "...

Cannot Restore Folder in Outlook Express Windows 98
Somehow I deleted a folder in Outlook Express. I had it backed up and tried to copy it from my backup CD to C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Identities (where all my other Outlook Express folders are located) using Windows Explorer. I also removed the read only designation. The folder and mail files appear in Windows Explorer now, but I cannot find them in Outlook Express. Can any one help me? Mary M wrote: > Somehow I deleted a folder in Outlook Express. I had it backed up > and tried to copy it from my backup CD to C:\WINDOWS\Application > Data\Identities (where all my other...

Entourage error::EXC_BAD_ACCESS
Hi, Because of bad battery in my UPS, when i turned on my printer the power was cut off from my computer. And now entourage is crashing. This is what it it tells me. (below) I have tried: -Repairing permissions: this has worked in the past. -Repair disk via First Aid and Disk Warrior -Removing perf files, entourage pref and something.pref.plist -Verifying the database. Ok then rebuilding anyway. -Uninstall> reinstall> update> repair permissions (start up with install disk) NO LUCK. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you, Nanci Microsoft Error Reporting log version...

HP Printer software Fatal Error at 94%
Recently my HP OfficeJet L7680 froze up while scanning and wouldn't work even after rebooting. It has worked for over a year. I did the obvious - downloaded the latest drives from HP and got the Fatal Error at 94% . I wrote HP and have since had TEN emails from them suggesting all sorts of ways to fix this problem. I turned off the firewall and antivirus, registered and unregistered DLLs, muddled around in the registry, run the L3.bat file, run an HP cleaner and the Microsft cleaner, removed all HP programs using control Panel, reinstalled (Fatal error every time) about 100...

when my window talks to my thread
hi, I started my ui thread like this theApp.m_uithread=(CMyUIThread*)AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyUIThread)); and I have a window that talks to it like this CMyWnd::MyFunction() { theApp.m_uithread->PostThreadMessageW( ... ); } but when I lock like this CMyWnd::MyFunction() { theApp.m_uithread->PostThreadMessageW( ... ); m_myCEvent = new CEvent(); m_myCEvent->Lock(); } it gets in a deadlock and the function in my ui thread that I called via theApp.m_uithread->PostThreadMessageW stops running. Is what I am calling a ui thread really a ui thread? Am I doing it right? Is th...

Need Driver Help after re-installing XP Pro!!
I was having some problems with my (somewhat old) Dell Dimension D600 laptop so I decided to do a clean install. Everything went well except now my Device Manager shows no drivers (question marks) for: Ethernet Controller Network Controller PCI Modem Video Controller I have no chipset install disk for this computer so using my other computer, I went to the Dell web site and downloaded what I thought were a series of drivers. The file is named DellDriverDownloadManager.application. I then copied this file to my Dell laptop but it will not open except as a text file in note...

Outlook says Task yahoo, Error 0x800CCCOD unable to find email se.
I have never used Outlook and loaded it because it was required for my Navman pocket PC. Everything else works, ie contacts, calendar, tasks etc. except the above error message when I hit send/receive. I am unfamilar with Outlook and how it works. Any suggestions? Travelingman <Travelingman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have never used Outlook and loaded it because it was required for my > Navman pocket PC. Everything else works, ie contacts, calendar, > tasks etc. except the above error message when I hit send/receive. I > am unfamilar with Outlook and how...

Is Office 2003 compatible with Windows 7?
If so, is it possible to download Office 2003? I have an original CD with product key, but no CD drive. No Buy an external cd/dvd drive Install by copying the cd to memory stick Or install via a network connection And why buy a PC with which you have no idea as to how to install your software? "terryf103" <terryf103@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01AE27E0-C537-4C65-9D8B-F05966EAB0B8@microsoft.com... > If so, is it possible to download Office 2003? I have an original CD with > product key, but no CD drive. You can go and buy a ...

Access Error
I have a problem when I leave the program I am writing for about 20 minutes it comes up with the error : Path/File access error what is causing this I can save it fine before the error and when the error comes up it just freezes. Thanks in advance Greg It sounds like you have a macro running in the background -- some type of OnTime procedure. And the drive/path that its trying to write to isn't available (bad code or a network/local drive that disappears???) Next time this happens: while in excel hit alt-f11 (to get to the VBE) hit ctrl-r (to see the project explorer) ...

File Error: data may have been lost #2
Summary: Using DATEDIF in MS Excel can cause (apparently unrecoverable) err= or message "File Error: data may have been lost." Details: I've been using the same spreadsheet for around a year. I saved it one even= ing and next morning when I tried to open it, I got the message: File Error: data may have been lost Most of what I read on the internet had either to do with writing to an Exc= el sheet using a programming language (which I have not done in this case) = or with upgrades. I rarely if ever download or install upgrades because it'= s a hassle. However, since I w...