Windows 7 - EMail

My new Toshiba Laptop comes with Windows 7. Likewise, I purchased and
installed Microsoft Office, which includes Outlook for an e-mail program.
However, Windows 7 apparently allows one to download Windows Live Mail for
another related e-mail application. The bottom lines is, which is better?
Should I use Outlook or Windows Live Mail? Or perhaps both? Likewise, why
would one be better over another?

In addition, what is the best way to configure whatever e-mail program I
choose on my new computer, and how can I transfer my e-mail addresses over
from my old computer using Windows Vista to this new one?

Thanks,
John

-1

Multiple copies of just one email
I'm using Outlook 2002 on Windows XP professional and I keep receiving a new copy of one email message every time I open Outlook or it performs a timed send/receive. All other email messages have been fine, i.e. just one copy. Would this be a problem with my computer that I can fix, a problem with the sender's computer that she can fix, or is something else the matter? I only get one copy of all other messages from the same sender. If anyone else is having this problem, I received an answer in the Office-Outlook-General Questions Discussion Group. I was able to log into my ...

Windows Firewall and Headquarters Manager
Does anyone know what exceptions I need to add to Windows Firewall to allow me to access Headquarters Manager with the firewall enabled? I am running Windows 2003 Server with SQL 2005 Standard. You must enable in fireware for inbound and outbound access port from 34000 - 35000 or whatever port you have defined in HQ Server > File > Configuration > HQ Server Port Section. Also need to check the Client Site: HQ Client > File > Configuration> HQ Client and allow this port as inbound: "Anthony Laidler" wrote: > Does anyone know what exceptions I need to ad...

Native Mode in Windows 2003
I am doing a test install of CRM 1.2 on a Windows 2003 environment. During the install it tells me that I must be in Native Mode. When in Administration Tools -> Active Directory Domains and Trusts and I right mouse clice and select Raise Domain Functional Level I am shown as being in Windows 2000 mixed. My choices are Windows 2000 native or Windows 2003. Which should I select? I am not an AD or Windows 2003 guru. Alan Hi Alan, This should work with both options, it all depends on your domain architecture. Do you have any other NT4 DC ? if not you can move easily to Windows 2000...

Benifits of tracking number on email subject line
According to the Techknowledge article https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/techknowledge.aspx turning off the tracking number results in the loss of the Microsoft CRM system's ability to automatically track incoming e-mail. Can someone please explain which trcking functionality are we loosing here ? What are the other benifits of having the tracking number ? Thanks. Sorry, I didn't give the right link. http://mbs.microsoft.com/techknowledge/techknowledge.asp? id=34747&target=PS Document ID: 34747 >-----Original Message----- >According to the Techknowledge arti...

excel 97 filename truncation in Windows XP Pro
I have a legacy application that runs in Excel 97. I have Excel 97 and Excel XP loaded on a new machine that runs Windows XP Pro. The legacy application fails because the filename of a workbook is truncated during the saveas command. When I do a manual saveas in Excel 97, the filename truncates to the first letter. If I do the same thing in Excel XP, the saveas works normally. There have been a few posts describing the same problem. I searched google and found this: http://google.com/groups?threadm=020101c30916%2442320250%24a501280a%40phx.gbl The last post in the thread suggested an answe...

Can i use Windows Search to find a number within Excel?
If i use Widnows search of the CONTENTS of files (not file names), i find in Excel, that for cells that contain text, they can be found. But, it does not appear to me that numbers can be found. Of course the number as Excel stores it may differ from how it is displayed. But, does anybody know if this is possible? For instance, i have a cell with the number 3,709,227 in it, as it appears in Excel (as formatted). I tried typing the number both with and without the commas, into WIndows search, but Windows search still does not find the Excel file that contains that number. So, any kn...

Outlook.exe has caused errors and windows is closing it
It also says it is creating an error log. We have basically put a user profile and reimaged the computer and still have this error that shuts down Outlook. 1. It appears that there must be something in the data of outlook since that is all that remains from the previous installation. We have removed all calendar items and still have problems. All that remains are email items. Virus signatures are current (today). Any ideas? 2. Where is this error log. What is it called. We have searched for it on the local hard disk and don't see anything that we can access. Has anyone had ...

Windows 7 Mail problem 12-08-09
Using Windows 7 Professional with a Gmail account. I installed Windows Live Mail and it works - but. Whenever I Sync (F5) it takes a long time and sometimes indicates the server is not connected too. Do I want to wait and I answer yes - then it proceeds VERY SLOWLY? Is there a problem with Google Gmail and Syncing mail? Is there something I missed in the setup? thx You'll find support for Windows Live Mail (WLMail) in this public newsgroup: microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop Via the web-interface: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/...

Public Folder Contacts for addressing email in OWA
OK, Exchange 2003 SP2, users can access OWA just fine. They can view a shared calendar in Public folders... they can view a shared contacts file in Public folders... what I cannot seem to be able to get to work... is a way for users to address new emails using the shared contacts in Public folders. Clicking "To" or "find" does not allow you to select the contacts listed in the Public folders. Can this be done? I don't think there is anyway to make a public folder Contacts folder visible in OWA. Maybe someone like Messageware (www.messageware.com) has an add-on ...

auto reply email entering queue
How can I configure an autoreply function to a queue so that sender get a message back as soon he send something to a queue? I wanted to use a workflow but it seems we cannot add workflow to queues. Any idea ? -- Christophe As far as i remember this is not possible because the Exchange-Account which is used for the queue has to be "disabled". Maybe you can configure Exchange as it would auto-forward incoming mails for your queue to another Exchange-User and try to get auto-reply work this way. Another option -which is highly unsupported- is to create a trigger on Activity-Tabl...

Forward multiple email messages at the same time in Outlook
How do I forward multiple email messages at the same time in Outlook? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/outlook/201005/1 Insert the individual e-mail items into one new mail message and send that message. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Shawn76 via OfficeKB.com asked: | How do I forward multiple email messages at the same time in Outlook?...

Exchange Permissions #7
I am our currnet exchange administrator with full mailbox rights to every mailbox within our Admin Group. I can not remember what rights given to me to view all mailboxes in our admin group? Essentially, I am trying to grant another admin rights to view all mailboxes to mirror mine. What rights do I need to give him? J this technet link will help you to solve this http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/insider/pubfolderpermissions.mspx "JCO" wrote: > I am our currnet exchange administrator with full mailbox rights to every > mailbox within our...

How do I insert a logo into outgoing email in Outlook?
I want to creat stationery in Outlook that has my company logo at the top. When I try to create stationery and insert the logo, the entire page is filled with many logos. ...

email attachments #12
Outlook removes access to every attachment I receive. How do I stop this so I can view the attachments? ...

Outbox message about unsent emails.
Every time I sign off Windows Live Mail I get this message. You have unsent messages in your outbox. Do you want to send them now? It does not matter if I say yes, the message still comes back. I have checked my outbox and there are no messages pending. I am using Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Now do I get rid of this message. Check the Outbox folder in the Windows Live Mail (WLM) program. If you don't see any messages, select View (ALT+V), Show or Hide and make sure that Show all Messages is selected. You may need to select File (ALT+F), Work Offline in order to be able to ...

Cannot delete email message?
Is that something you want help with? If so, you should post a more detailed explanation of the problem to a newsgroup dedicated to supporting your email client. This particular forum is dedicated to MS Access, the database program which comes with MS Office. George "Susan Phelan" <divasue@cox.net> wrote in message news:%23YmPewVVIHA.5396@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > ...

Stopping Outlook sending Email Not Read messages
Hi. I read all my email at work but have a copy sent to another pop3 mailbox which i download at home. I download headers only and then select the messages i wish to keep at home and delete the rest. Since buying a new laptop, its started sending "Email Not Read" receipts to people whose messages i delete at home. This is obviously confusing them as in some cases i've replied to the email i had at work! My previous copy of Outlook never used to do it and i've turned off all read receipts options. Any ideas how i can stop this? Alex ...

Editing Account Statements to fit double-window envelope
Does anyone know what XML statement(s) to put into the Account Statement template to move the customer address down about 1/2"? We are trying to make it show in the bottom window of a double-window security envelope. -- Steve ...

POP downloading but not displaying email
I recently installed the Outlook Connector to Windows Live mail account (although I do not know if this has anything to do with the problem). Suddenly, when downloading pop email, the email never actually reaches my Outlook mailboxes. Some email does but the vast majority of it doesn't. On the bottom right of Outlook, it shows downloading of messages but then the messages just disappear. I have looked in the junk folder, deleted folder, even the draft folder but the downloaded messages aren't there. I deleted all of the filters. At this point I don't know what else to do...

Valid Status Code on Email
Hi. After upgrading 3.0 to 4.0, we get this error code when trying to send emails: Does anyone have any resolution/pointers to this problem? Regards K ------- Error Description: 6 is not a valid status code on email. Error Details: 6 is not a valid status code on email. Full Stack: [ArgumentException: 6 is not a valid status code on email. Parameter name: statusCode] [CrmArgumentException: 6 is not a valid status code on email.] at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.StatusCodeValidator.Validate(EntityMetadata entityMetadata, Int32 stateCode, Int32 statusCode) at Microsoft.Crm.Busine...

!BUG BUG Windows Platform 2003 SDK for IA64 and AMD64 LNK1169 with ScreenToClient for release build
Hi: (1) I am normally a driver builder. (2) I am using either the Windows Platform 2003 SDK for IA64 or the AMD64 and I am using the method CWnd::ScreenToClient(&rect) in one of my source members. The Debug nmake works but the the Release nmake gives the Link errror LNK1169: the method CWnd::ScreenToClient(&rect) is defined more the once. If I use the /FORCE:MULTIPLE for the linker options in the make file for the release it builds. If I define _DEBUG in the makefile the release builds. (3) This is because the functon CWnd::ScreenToClient(&rect) is indeed in wingdi.obj within naf...

How to add a picture to an Outlook 2002 signature, without using 'Word as email editor'
We have disabled 'Word as email editor' by group policy. This is essential as we run a Citrix environment and Word as email editor hammers the server processors. However, when I have created a signature with a graphic, it does not work unless 'word as email editor' is enabled. If not, there is just an empty box with a red cross in it. There is a work around where you insert the graphic manually into your email, but this is not a satisfactory solution for users. I'd love to hear any solutions to this. We run Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2002. Cronos ...

catching message of child window
Hello, I've created a MFC window inheriting of CPropertyPage. In it, I've created some CCcombobox window. I looking for a way to catch CBN_SELCHANGE message of CCcombobox window IN the previous window, WITHOUT creating a class which inherite of CCcombobox. I know the simplest way is to create a class which inherite of CCcombobox but I was wondering if there was a way to do it without creating new class. Regards, William What's a previous window??? You don't have to inherit from a CComboBox to catch the CBN_SELCHANGE message. All you have to do is set a ON_CBN_SELCH...

Takes long time(3 mins) to open an email!
Outlook 2002 When trying to open an email in Outlook, it takes on average 3 minutes. I have re-installed Messenger4.7 as I read in another post from support.microsoft.com, but that does not work. I've also applied all patches that are available...Can't figure out the problem here. Just recently upgraded to WinXP and Office2002, but had problem previous in Office 2000 for about 2 months in Win98. Any suggestions out there...? ...

emails appearing after 4 years, again! #4
I've recieved an email that was sent to me 4 years ago, in my Inbox. What causes this? The Sender is still working with me and he definitely does not have a copy of the letter. ...