Window Won't Close

It's very strange. When I close my Outlook 2000 SR-1, it shuts down and
then, without warning, reopens! It will also happen if I am in some other
program. Outlook will suddenly "take over" and switch me out of the program
I am working on and into Outlook. HELP ! (It happened twice while I was
tyring to post this message for help.)

0
jangro (136)

Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click
either the X or Exit:

1.  PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle.
2.  WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support
for an alleged fix.
3.  Franklin-Cover Plan Plus!
4.  COM Add-ins.
5.  Mail reminder add-ins that keep a stub of Outlook open in the background
to check for new mail and fire reminders.
6.  Anti-virus/firewall programs that are set to scan incoming and outgoing
mail.

I would especially suspect a PDA with frequent synching going on.
--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Jan Groshan asked:

| It's very strange. When I close my Outlook 2000 SR-1, it shuts down
| and then, without warning, reopens! It will also happen if I am in
| some other program. Outlook will suddenly "take over" and switch me
| out of the program I am working on and into Outlook. HELP ! (It
| happened twice while I was tyring to post this message for help.)

0
MillyS (3228)
6/23/2006 6:01:54 AM
I don't have a PDA application
I don't use WinFaxPro
I don't have Franklin
I don't think there are any COM add-ins.....if there are, they've been there
for a LONG time and this strange behavior only started in the last 7-10 days
I have no mail add-ins
My virus program is located on our server

"Milly Staples - MVP Outlook" <millys@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org>
wrote in message news:un6ENqolGHA.856@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you
> click
> either the X or Exit:
>
> 1.  PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle.
> 2.  WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support
> for an alleged fix.
> 3.  Franklin-Cover Plan Plus!
> 4.  COM Add-ins.
> 5.  Mail reminder add-ins that keep a stub of Outlook open in the
> background
> to check for new mail and fire reminders.
> 6.  Anti-virus/firewall programs that are set to scan incoming and
> outgoing
> mail.
>
> I would especially suspect a PDA with frequent synching going on.
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, Jan Groshan asked:
>
> | It's very strange. When I close my Outlook 2000 SR-1, it shuts down
> | and then, without warning, reopens! It will also happen if I am in
> | some other program. Outlook will suddenly "take over" and switch me
> | out of the program I am working on and into Outlook. HELP ! (It
> | happened twice while I was tyring to post this message for help.)

0
jangro (136)

copy window in the way
Hi quick question: When i copy a cell into a row or colum by clicking and dragging the black plus sign, a little window pops up that gives me Auto fill options. is there a way to stop it without copying another cell? i have tried a bunch of things but no success. Try this: TOOLS OPTIONS EDIT Tab Uncheck "Show Paste Options Button" OK HTH, Elkar "Dave" wrote: > Hi quick question: > > When i copy a cell into a row or colum by clicking and dragging the black > plus sign, a little window pops up that gives me Auto fill options. is there > a way to...

Closing Journals for a Backroom PC
Background New installation for new store. We have 2 POS terminals, licensed as registers 1 and 2. We have 3 backroom PC's, defined as registers 10, 11 and 12. I want to post the closed PO's activity to quickbooks. I assume that I need to 'close' register 10, 11 and 12. When I 2x click on their open batch (never been closed) and choose Z out I get 'This batch is currently open. You cannot generate a Z report unless a blind clos-out has been performed at from the POS'. If I launch POS from the PC it asks me to enter the license information, which it no...

Use this package for Windows
--ljdszbjqodzvjwix Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="rrhsqqqbrnce"; type="multipart/alternative" --rrhsqqqbrnce Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="rxliykmxiz" --rxliykmxiz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help main...

Windows Xp Reboot alone
Hi, One of our computer restart alone . This computer is part of a windows 2003 domain . This is the result of the minidump : EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s". FAULTING_IP: mrxsmb!MRxSmbInvalidateFullDirectoryCacheParent+16 a8cf58b7 8b4038 mov eax,dword ptr [eax+38h] EXCEPTION_RECORD: a7f7bc3c -- (.exr 0xffffffffa7f7bc3c) ExceptionAddress: a8cf58b7 (mrxsmb!MRxSmbInvalidateFullDirectoryCacheParent+0x00000016) ExceptionCode: c00...

Moving and resizing the file window
I have Excel 2007 and am having trouble trying to move or resize the file window for my open worksheet. I can't maximize or minimize or move the window within the excel program. Any help would be greatly appreciated ...

Windows Mail not opening
I was not able to use Windows Mail after downloading Windows Essentials/Windows Live Email. When on some websites and requesting information; the website will attempt to open my Email program. Even though I now use Windows Live Email, the sites attempt to open Windows Mail (which will not open). Can I safely delete/uninstall Windows mail, without interfering with Windows Live Mail (which works fine!). If so; will my visited websutes now attempt to open Windows Live Mail? Thank you, Snakedoctor Try repairing the WinMail database: www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/ You can also go to...

Windows Authentication?
Hello: Will GP ever support Windows Authentication? Is it on the drawing board for a given version or service pack? childofthe1980s On Sep 28, 4:57=A0pm, childofthe1980s <childofthe19...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello: > > Will GP ever support Windows Authentication? =A0Is it on the drawing boar= d for > a given version or service pack? > > childofthe1980s Hello childofthe1980s, There is a product by Fast Path that does integrate Dynamics GP with AD security. It is called Config AD - SSO. It allows you to control GP secuirty through AD and it has a s...

Cabability to resize smartlist window panes
When you pull up smartlist, you have 2 window panes. On the left pane is the reports list and the right pane is the report details. I would like to suggest the ability to resize the smartlist window panes, another words, able to narrow the left pane, so that I can see more columns from the right pane (I have a lot of columns used in the right pane that I would like to see all on one screen rather than have to scroll to the right). Hope this makes sense. -- V Who''s Calling, Inc Financial Reporting Manager ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microso...

windows auth login problem with windows 7
I jsut set up a new windows 7 machine. Previously running all my dev work on XP. I know there are issues with SQL 2005 in Windows 7. When I oepend up SSMS to log into SQL I could use SQL authentication but not Windows authentication. (I do have it set for mixed mode). I've never had this issue with XP. I can either use widows auth or sql auth. Either way it works fine. Far as I know I have SQL set up the same way on both machines. Any ideas? Thanks, Keith Keith G Hicks Hmm I have neve seen that problem when I connected to SS2005/2008 . What if you right click on S...

intercept "form close" event for record find form
Hi All, I have this problem: I want to intercept "form close" event for find record form. How I can resolve? Thanks in advance Crevit Crevit wrote: > Hi All, > > I have this problem: I want to intercept "form close" event for find > record form. > > How I can resolve? > > Thanks in advance > Crevit Forms have an Unload event that can be programmatically cancelled and a Close event which cannot be. From your description it sounds like you should look at the Unload event. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as appropriate) to....

Excel 2003: File->Close without saving changes (save menu does no.
In Excel 2003, I would like the save menu to pop up "do you want to save changes that you made to 'Filename.xls'?" when I click on File, then Close. Sometimes I am doing a calc in the file itself, which is not meant to be saved. In prior versions of Excel, using File->Close does not automatically save changes. Does anyone know how to make the menu pop up, or turn off the autosave function? Thanks! Hello- Excel 2003 does not have an AutoSave feature (there is AutoRecovery, but that is a totally unrelated feature). AFAIK there is no difference in '03 & ...

Dates Windows to Mac
I have recently moved from Window to Mac and discovered that some of the dates in my worksheets are experiencing the effects of the 1900 and 1904 date differences. I have hundreds of these worksheets and some have up to ten thousands dates. So whatever changes I make must be accurate because I will not be able to check them all. I cannot work out how to change the options to correct the problem. Help would be greatly appreciated. -- MichaelQ changes made are workbook specific. Open (and Save) a test workbook, then goto Excel>Preferences>Calculation icon and you will see...

opening a filedialog window
Hi All, i am trying to get a commandbutton_click to open a filedialog box for c:\greg\bids Windows.Application.FileDialog.Show "c:\greg\bids\" maybe a filedialog box is not what i think it is. address c:\greg\bids and should show all the files in that folder? Thanks in advance for any help. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try Dim fd As FileDialog Set fd = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFilePicker) fd.InitialFileName = "c:\greg\bids\" fd.Show you will need to tell what it must do with the selected file thoug -- Message posted from http:...

Setting CListBox Window Style Within a Subclass
I'm creating two new classes, derived from CListBox and CCheckListBox. The sole reason for this is to allow for horizontal scrolling. I can get both to work fine if I set the Horizontal Scroll flag in the resource editor. In order to get around the problem of possibly forgetting to set the flag in the dialog editor, I tried setting the style directly within the class: in CMyListBox::PreSubclassWindow(): { ModifyStyle(0, WM_HSCROLL); } Unfortunately, it doesn't work. The horizontal bar does not appear. I'm also getting the same problem when setting the LBS_HASSTRINGS flag wit...

[IMPORTANT!!!] Windows erasing SAN disk
I think I discovered a BIG problem with Windows 2003 x64 R2 SP2. Suppose I set a setup a server and connecting it to a SAN disk and then format this disk. When I setup a secondary server to the same disk the disk is seen as unformatted and Windows has to initialize it again, so I lost all data in it. This is my configuration: - Two HP ML 370 servers with Emulex HBA (2 x FC) connected to a HP MSA StorageWorks SAN. - HBAs and HP have latest firmwares - There is only one RAID-1 5 Gb volume (for testing purposes) This are the steps to reproduce the problem: 1) Disconnect server ...

Suggested enhancement in a Dynamics GP error dialog window
Good morning. I am the SysAdmin for our company and this weekend I received a call that our Dynamics GP 9.0 was broken. When the users tried to load the program they all received an error dialog saying "This is not a Microsoft Dexterity Dictionary". I knew from previous experience that the REPORTS.DIC was the likely culprit. We keep a backup copy of the in a seperate folder for just such problems. A quick copy of the backup to the shared GP folder fixed the problem. However, since there are around 20 or so .DIC files which could cause such an error, it would be nice if t...

No topics displayed in 'Windows XP Help and Support'
No topics are displayed in the 'Windows XP Help and Support' section - I tried to post a question and am unclear as to whether that section is active / if the post went through... Thanks for any help! microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support newsgroup was dropped from the MS newsservers in early July 2010; cf. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support/msg/e6e22fe7bc8b1f04 This WinXP General newsgroup will be dropped from the MS newsservers on 12 Sept-10. Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Communities: http://www.microsoft.co...

Windows Update 01-23-10
KB951847 x86 won't update...what do i need to do? -- Coach T Hello Coach, When requesting help in a newsgroup, please state your full Windows version, edition and service pack level. Good post here <http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&query=KB951847&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&p=1&tid=2cef5875-76a6-4ce6-9628-d060241d59fd> -=- "Coach" wrote: > KB951847 x86 won't update...what do i need to do? > -- > Coach T ...

How can I tell if Windows Server 2008 is connected to SBS 2008?
How can I tell if Windows Server 2008 is connected to SBS 2008? Care to be more specific? If you want to see if the computer is a member of the domain, you can do so in the SBS 2008 console. If you want to see if the machine can authenticate against the domain properly, you can do so by logging into the server in question with a domain account. If you want to see if they are physically connected somehow, there is no way to do this purely with software. You inspect the cables. -Cliff "john doe" <johndoe@johndoe.com> wrote in message news:#eeoyd...

Windows Live ID versusa Passport
SOrt of off topic, but this came about due to Money 2007 DLX. I have and would like to keep my current Passport account so I can access my MCP transcript. I use this to login to Windows Live ID to configure MSN alerts, etc for 2007 DLX. I don't care for the MSN alerts, so if I close my Windows Live ID account, will it also delete or remove my Passport account? I can get a straightforward online answer to this question, so any help is appreciated. A windows live ID is a passport if u remove the ID and it is the same email as the passport you will also loose that -- Steve stev...

Macro Shortcut keys w/ Caps Lock on Windows 2000
Running Excel 2000 on Windows 2000. Make a macro & set the shortcut key to Ctrl+Shift+N (or any letter). If you type Ctrl+Shift+N the macro works fine. If you have Caps Lock on and type Ctrl+Shift+N nothing happens and Ctrl+N just opens a new workbook (as it normally does). Now change the shortcut key to Ctrl+N and these run the macro: Ctrl+N Ctrl+Shift+N with Caps Lock on On windows 98 the macro shortcut keys ignore the Caps Lock. In Word for both Windows 98 & 2000 the shortcut keys ignore the Caps Lock key. Does anyone know why this happens on Windows 2000 and how to fix i...

opening Excel and then closing it
I have a file that is passed to me in XLS format, but I would much prefer to work with it in CSV. So I did this... ' open the downloaded file in Excel and copy it over to L in csv format Workbooks.Open "O:\Downloads\D00100001554_0.xls" Workbooks("D00100001554_0.xls").ConflictResolution = xlLocalSessionChanges Workbooks("D00100001554_0.xls").SaveAs "L:\Activity.csv", xlCSV Workbooks("Activity.csv").Close False This works fine except it leaves Excel open in the background. The only thing to do is fine it in Processes a...

Can't get to Windows XP at all
Yesterday my wife was online and said that Acrobat tried to open without her prompting it to. Immediately after that Firefox crashed and then McAfee warned her about "something" and she chose to block. She said she had to do this numerous times before it would go away. She swears she was only sending an email at the time and hadn't opened anything suspicious. After she got past McAfee she left the room and when she came back our wallpaper had disappeared though all the icons remained. So she rebooted. When the machine booted back up she started getting blue screens so...

Windows Vista Mail
The menu-item for ceating a new Contact Group has disappeared in the menues. According to online-help in Vista Mail and on the Internet this should be available, and I have used it earlier, but now it has gone ??? Does anyone know how to get it back Regards Erik Nielsen, DK <replace invalid in my address with countrycode> gbb"Erik Nielsen" <oz1kkh@tiscali.invalid> schreef in bericht news:uatlsfhELHA.5500@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > The menu-item for ceating a new Contact Group has disappeared in the > menues. > > According to online...

How can I email my photos including captions from Windows photo
How can I email my photos including captions from Windows pictures files? When I try to send them the photos arrive but without tags or captions. Open your photos in Paint or a similar program, use the text tool. Save. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bruce1950" <Bruce1950@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80567ADA-54A0-40CF-B22C-B0AA944AAB7D@microsoft.com... > How can I email my photos including captions from Windows pictures files? > > When I try to send them the photos arrive but without tags or captions. ...