Why Outlook is "offline" to receive,"disconnected" to send email?

When I started using Outlook a few weeks ago, it would always say "connected"
when I was getting and receiving email. But recently I found (by trial and
error) that I had to click it to "offline" in order to receive and
"disconnected" in order to send. Moreover, I see the notice as to when the
folder was last updated is sticking at 11/9 when there are messages in it
since then, clearly labelled up to 11/14. I tried the "detect and repair"
command, but nothing changed.
0
Tinder (1)

what type of email account do you have?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Donald Tinder" <Donald Tinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I started using Outlook a few weeks ago, it would always say
> "connected"
> when I was getting and receiving email. But recently I found (by trial and
> error) that I had to click it to "offline" in order to receive and
> "disconnected" in order to send. Moreover, I see the notice as to when the
> folder was last updated is sticking at 11/9 when there are messages in it
> since then, clearly labelled up to 11/14. I tried the "detect and repair"
> command, but nothing changed.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
11/14/2005 9:24:52 PM
There is no information here.
At a minimum you should post:
Outlook version
Mail account type
Connection type for that account
Automatic polling settings.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Donald Tinder" <Donald Tinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I started using Outlook a few weeks ago, it would always say
> "connected"
> when I was getting and receiving email. But recently I found (by trial and
> error) that I had to click it to "offline" in order to receive and
> "disconnected" in order to send. Moreover, I see the notice as to when the
> folder was last updated is sticking at 11/9 when there are messages in it
> since then, clearly labelled up to 11/14. I tried the "detect and repair"
> command, but nothing changed.

0
russval1 (2100)

How to Default to Disconnected or Offline with Exchange Server
I would like to control my email by only getting it when I hit send/ receive. Is there a way to have Outlook to default to "disconnected" or "Offline" with the exchange server? "mtbcpa" <mtbcpa@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:90fcdf34-1cf9-4a0a-a229-4fdc647839da@v23g2000pro.googlegroups.com... >I would like to control my email by only getting it when I hit send/ > receive. Is there a way to have Outlook to default to "disconnected" > or "Offline" with the exchange server? In an Exchange environment, Exchange pushes informa...

Why Outlook is "offline" to receive,"disconnected" to send email?
When I started using Outlook a few weeks ago, it would always say "connected" when I was getting and receiving email. But recently I found (by trial and error) that I had to click it to "offline" in order to receive and "disconnected" in order to send. Moreover, I see the notice as to when the folder was last updated is sticking at 11/9 when there are messages in it since then, clearly labelled up to 11/14. I tried the "detect and repair" command, but nothing changed. what type of email account do you have? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Auth...

Outlook 2003 to Exchange 2003 stays Offline/Disconnected
Hopefully someone here can shed some light on this problem. This past weekend I upgraded my home system to 300GB SATA RAID1 for redundancy. I preinstalled the drivers for the new RAID adapter and used Ghost to transfer everything to my new drives. Windows booted off of the new hardware just fine and all my apps continued to work as expected when using Ghost. When I brought home my system from the office last night though I noticed that Outlook refused to connect to my Exchange2k3 server back at the office. My home machine is running Win2k Server and is not part of the domain. I am not u...