Why is the Company field blank?

In Outlook 2007 and in All Contact Items window.   I then do a search for a
contact name or a company name.  The results do appear but the column
"Company" does not have any content despite this field being filled in each
contact.

Is this a known bug?

Is there a workaround?

regards,

Beemer

0
Beemer (162)

It's a new one to me... does it happen if you reset the view? The table
views I tested seem to work ok but there is definitely weirdness with
searches in the new business card view though - some fail until I open and
resave a contact from the company I'm searching for, then it finds that
contact (and others) with the keyword in the company name or email field.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> In Outlook 2007 and in All Contact Items window.   I then do a search for
> a contact name or a company name.  The results do appear but the column
> "Company" does not have any content despite this field being filled in
> each contact.
>
> Is this a known bug?
>
> Is there a workaround?
>
> regards,
>
> Beemer

0
outlookmvp (5838)
1/31/2008 1:17:56 PM
Diane,

Sorry I thought that I had already replied but perhaps I did reply but with
no content!

I reset the search results view to default.  The company field is stil
present but all rows are blank for found contacts.   To get the company
field filled (in the search results window)  I need to separately edit and
save each contact.   This is not a satisfactory situation.   Surely there
must be a Microsoft fix for this?

regards,

Beemer

> It's a new one to me... does it happen if you reset the view? The table
> views I tested seem to work ok but there is definitely weirdness with
> searches in the new business card view though - some fail until I open and
> resave a contact from the company I'm searching for, then it finds that
> contact (and others) with the keyword in the company name or email field.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> In Outlook 2007 and in All Contact Items window.   I then do a search for
>> a contact name or a company name.  The results do appear but the column
>> "Company" does not have any content despite this field being filled in
>> each contact.
>>
>> Is this a known bug?
>>
>> Is there a workaround?
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> Beemer

0
Beemer (162)
2/4/2008 9:47:15 AM
Diane,

I have found a solution.....search options ....instant search
pane.....select "only the currently selected folder"

Why this should have fixed it I do not know.

regards,

Beemer

> Diane,
>
> Sorry I thought that I had already replied but perhaps I did reply but
> with no content!
>
> I reset the search results view to default.  The company field is stil
> present but all rows are blank for found contacts.   To get the company
> field filled (in the search results window)  I need to separately edit and
> save each contact.   This is not a satisfactory situation.   Surely there
> must be a Microsoft fix for this?
>
> regards,
>
> Beemer
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> It's a new one to me... does it happen if you reset the view? The table
>> views I tested seem to work ok but there is definitely weirdness with
>> searches in the new business card view though - some fail until I open
>> and resave a contact from the company I'm searching for, then it finds
>> that contact (and others) with the keyword in the company name or email
>> field.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> "Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>> In Outlook 2007 and in All Contact Items window.   I then do a search
>>> for a contact name or a company name.  The results do appear but the
>>> column "Company" does not have any content despite this field being
>>> filled in each contact.
>>>
>>> Is this a known bug?
>>>
>>> Is there a workaround?
>>>
>>> regards,
>>>
>>> Beemer

0
Beemer (162)

multi line form field
I wish to create a field in a Word form that will enable me to use a drop down (or equivalent) to choose from a list of "Mailing Labels" which each include Name, Address, City, St, Zip. Using a drop down form field only allows me one line of information, and I need 3. -- Montana Laz If you had the address details stored as autotext entries, you could use the following code on exit from a DropDown type FormField to insert the address corresponding to the selected name (company in the case for which the following code was created) into a Text FormField on the followin...

Select Noted Memo Field
Hello, I have a table with 25 memo fields used sequentially for separate comments, i.e. if MemoFielD4 is in use then so are 1, 2, and 3. The Note field in this table has a number which is used to draw attention to a particular memo field; if Note is 2 then MemoField2 should be the only memo field selected, if Note is 23 then MemoField23 should be selected - later to be used in a form and report. How can I have a query that displays only the memo field marked by Note? Thanks BAD DESIGN. You really should have a memo table with three (or more fields) MemoTable ID (reference to the pr...

Navigation Pane in Word 2007 Blank in Windows 7
When I select "Save As" in Word 2007 running in Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, the navigation pane is completely blank. I have selected Options->Layout->Navigation Pane to make sure it was checked and visible. The space is there to show the folders and libraries, but it is totally blank / white. As a result, I am only able to save files in my Documents folder. There isn't even a way for me to save files on the Desktop. I'm a computer expert, and this problem is driving me mad given the number of documents I have in different locations on my hard drive...

created by and modified by fields in worklfow
Hi all, is there any way i can see " ceated by" and " modified by" fields in workflow. Actually i want to send automatic e-mail to new owner that a account has been assigned to him/her. But i dont find any way to inculde old account owner . Is there any way to get around it . Thanks !! any solution or suggesting would be very well come :o) ...

Change field form Long to Double Precision
is there a way, using code, to change all of the numeric fields in a database (preferrably in selected tables but not necessarily so) form Long to DOuble Precision? Greetings, Henro Veijer Execute a DDL query statement to change the field type, e.g.: ALTER TABLE MyTable ALTER COLUMN MyField DOUBLE; Introduction to DDL, and example: http://allenbrowne.com/func-DDL.html#ModifyFieldDDL List of the names to use in DDL, compared to the names in the Access interface: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-49.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access us...

Filter 2nd form based on a field value of 1st form
Hi there, I have been struggeling with filtering records on a second form. I have a main form with 3 subforms included. On the first subform [SubFrmEquipment] there is a combobox [CboEquipment] that gets its data from a table [TblEquipment]. When I pres a button on that subform I would like to have another form openend with the relevant records based on the value of CboEquipment. The second form is also based on the table TblEquipment. The second form has a field named TxtFailure. I would like to use the second form as an input form for the first form. I hope that I have ex...

After date entered, prefill another date field
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows how to get one field to populate the same datainto another field? In other words: I have a date field "Funding Date" and when the user enters the funding date, I want the txtDateFrom1 field to automatically populate with the same date so the user doesn't have to enter it twice. If possible, please let me know and also, please simplify answer. Thanks!!! Use the After Update event of the Funding Date control: Me.txtDateFrom1 = Me.FundingDate -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Stockwell43" wrote: > Hello, > ...

If cell is blank, then cell is red
I am an Excel 2002 User. I am trying to create a sheet that has the cell I9 blank. I want the cell to be red for a user to see it and once they fill it text in that cell, the cell will turn white with the black text. something like = (IF(ISBLANK(I9)),then cell red, the rest I don't know. Please help asap... Thanks!!! Hi! You need conditional formatting on cell I9. http://www.officearticles.com/excel/conditional_formatting_with_formulas_in_microsoft_excel.htm Your formula: =isblank(I9) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "denisesnews" <denises...

Seperating Text Out Of All Text Fields
can I use the "find" function using no special text? I need to seperate the names out of the following string: first JIM mi T. last JOHNSO -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Vato Loco! Easiest way will be to use Data > Text to Columns using the space as the delimiter. Then discard the bits you don't want. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au "Vato Loco >" <<Vato.Loco.17v7fo@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Vato.Loco.17v7fo@excelforum-nospam.com... > can I use the "f...

Report that calculates based on another field's criteria
I have created a report that shows our plant's production for each machine and each product made. We often run "Trial" products that are new developments on the machines. For each grade/machine I have a [Standard] production that the machine operator is expected to produce during his shift. Trials are an exception, because we don't know how much we should be producing since they are new products. I want my report to filter out all "Trial" products when calculating the [Total Production] and [% of Standard] achieved during a shift. How can I do this? ...

Need to return "Blank" cell but NOT NA()
For my chart, I need to return the equivalent of a truly "blank" cell. The NA() function causes the graph to interpolate the missing point, whereas a blank cell causes the graph to plot nothing. I need to plot nothing. I'm using layered lines, one dashed and one solid, so that I can highlight interpolated points with a dashed style. Currently, I use a white line to mask the solid line that goes to "0" when the driving formula returns "" for the solid line. This works in 90% of situations, but there are some instances that are too complex (too man...

Date Field conundrum
I have two tables of data joined in a union query, each of the tables have an admit date and a birthdate field and the field type is date/time defined. I have placed the resulting query in a new query in an attempt to return only those records where the admit date and birthdate field are equal. I have tried a number of different criteria but no matter what I've tried I get data type mismatch etc type error messages. I have also tried using the resulting recordset in a new query and qualifying each of the fields with CDate but still cannot get a result without an error. I have t...

Help text for fields...
Hello, how can I create a help text for a field in a crmform? --Label--------------------------------- | | | fieldname1 [Textbox1] description | | fieldname2 [Textbox2] of the value | | fieldname3 [Textbox3] in the box | |________________________________| I need descriptions for each value in a picklist or a textbox. But how can I create "HTML Text"? Did you know a other way to describe this? Thanks, Stefan You could use an iframe to show a custom html page and design the custom page to look like par...

Blank Subform
I have a form that is based off of a table and a subform that has list boxes of month and year. The information on the subform is saved to a table with a relationship to the table that has the saved information for the form. I can choose info in the subform but when I reopen it is blank. It is saved to the table but I would like it to show up each time the subform is opened. Please help. On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 09:38:01 -0700, cher <cher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a form that is based off of a table and a subform that has list boxes >of month and year. The i...

Adding a previously removed field to a form
Hi I have removed a field from the contact form (the state field) and want to re-add it. It does not show in the list of fields to add, presumably because CRM thinks that it is already on the form. How do I convert a field from a text field to a pick list? Does it require adding an entirely new field to the schema and using this field? Thanks Gill did you publish your change via deployment manager then do an iisreset command? "Gill Walker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:064301c39d01$352f5b50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > > I have...

blank form, can't insert new record
I have a form that is just for users to go to add new records. But now it opens blank and it is not possible to insert any new records. I confirmed the permissions for the query and form to allow insertions and edits. I verified the Data properties and here is what is selected. RecordSource: a select query with specific fields from one table (no calculations) Recordset Type: Dynaset Filter on Load: no Order by on Load: No Data Entry: yes Allow Additions: Yes Allow Deletions: Yes Allow Edits: yes Allow Filters: Yes But I am wondering if the problem is with my query. ...

How to make check box for select specific field form table?
Greeting, I would like to create a form that able the user to select fields using check box and allows it to print the specified fields. For example, I have Student table and it has the following fields: First name Mid name Last name Age Group No. ….. Suppose that a user wants to display or print only first name, last name and group no. How can I do that please??? Should I use a query or form or what?? Many thanks You will need to be comfortable writing VBA code to achieve this. Design the report so it has all the fields you could wish to display. Design the form where the user selec...

Make the SmartList field 'Visible To' default to 'User ID'
I have several requests from clients that I train who want the SmartList field 'Visible To' to have the default 'User ID' rather than 'System'. The main reason is that users forget to change this option and then others are looking at their smartlists and sometimes delete them. Also, it would be good if we could have this as a security restriction so only particular users could create SmartLists for themselves and not be allowed to create them with the 'System', 'Company' or 'User Class' options. Thanks again. -- Microsoft Certified Train...

Blank message is sent when deleting a read message.
Hello, When I delete a read message a blank response is sent to email originating address? Why? and how do I stop this from happening? Thanks for your assistance. ...

From Field?
I have a user that can send emails as anybody in our organization how do I resolve this issue? Were using Exchange Server 2003 sp1 and Outlook 2003. On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 12:12:56 -0800, "Penny Miller" <Penny.Miller@co.chelan.wa.us> wrote: >I have a user that can send emails as anybody in our organization how do I >resolve this issue? Were using Exchange Server 2003 sp1 and Outlook 2003. > Look at the properties of the user and see what groups the user is in, compared with everyone else. If there's nothing there go and look at the properties of the server i...

Mailbox Store blank no selection
I am using Exchange 2000 but recently upgraded the management tools to that of exchange 2003 on xp workstation. I am unable to add an exchange account via mmc snap in (I can from the console or terminal services). When I go through the add user process, I add a name, a user logon name and then a password. Then it asks me as normal if I want to create an exchange account however the mailbox store option is blank and there is nothing to select. Any help is much appreciated! Did you run Exchange 2003 Forestprep? IIRC, one of the requirements of using the Exchange 2003 tools to a...

Any way to show the phone number/location field in activity views?
The column is not exposed in the well publicized methods of modifying the activity views that have been previously posted. ...

Multiple fields for same type of values
Hi, I hope this can be done. I have a big data resource that has fields like this: Student Name Subject Question1category Question1subcategory Question1response Question2category Question2subcategory Question2response .... up to 60 questions. I'd like to create a query that looks simpler that I can really sort and report on, like this: Student Name Subject Question number Questioncategory Questionsubcategory Questionresponse Besides setting up 60 append queries (which wouldn't be dynamic), I'm not sure how to do this. Is there a way in Access 20...

Looking for date field that is empty
I am using Access 2003. I have a query in which I want to search for records that include a date field that is empty. I tried - isnull - but that did not work. I must be having a senior moment because for the life of me I can not think of how to search for records where the date field is empty. I am sure I have done this before but .... Can anyone help me? Thank you - aurora Aurora Open a query in design view. Add the table and the date field (plus any others you want to see). In the Selection Criterion under the date field, put: Is Null (or just type "Null"... A...

Pivot Table calculated field error
I have a calculated field in a pivot table in Excel 2007 that averages the selling price of an item. The Columns are the years from 2008 to present, Row Labels are items then by Customer Type, and the values are Quantities Sold, Total Dollar Amount and the calculated field is the average selling price (Dollars/Quantity). The problem is that each item is not sold for every year and I get Div/0 error. When I try the following =if(Dollars<>0, Dollars/Quantity,"") the #value error replaces the Div/0 error. I looked at the Contexture website and didn't find any ide...