Why is reply button greyed out?

My mother has anew PC and I have talked her through setting up the server
info so she can receive her emails. The problem is she has been unable to
reply to them. The new mail and reply buttons are all greyed out.
Can anyone suggest anything please?

Maybe she doesn't have a mail account set up yet?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"jojomonsta" <jojomonsta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My mother has anew PC and I have talked her through setting up the server
> info so she can receive her emails. The problem is she has been unable to
> reply to them. The new mail and reply buttons are all greyed out.
> Can anyone suggest anything please?

0
suemvp (4038)

how to Assign Hyperlink to Button in Spreadsheet
I create a button with command tool ber but cannot find help to assign a hyperlink to it Can you use a button from the Forms toolbar instead? Then you can just right click on that button and assign hyperlink. Warren Deeker wrote: > > I create a button with command tool ber but cannot find help to assign a > hyperlink to it -- Dave Peterson ...

There is no send button for sending files and webpages
There is no send button to send webpages, files, etc. How can I install one so that I can send these? Where would you expect this button to be? Normally the send command (not button) for web pages is on a menu in your browser and for files it's on a right-click context menu. "surfknight" <surfknight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16F5DA54-A010-4E3B-B3E1-6C4787FBB036@microsoft.com... > There is no send button to send webpages, files, etc. How can I install > one > so that I can send these? Hi vince, when I try to use the Send command; ...

when replying to all square boxes are added to email addresses
Hi I have Outlook 2000 sp3, when someone sends an email to me with multiple addresses and i "reply to all" outlook adds a square box after the the email addresses so when i send them they bounce back. Has anyone seen this before. Thanks Nick ...

Input Button Command Question
Hi all, Is there a way to have an input button show a default value formatted in date format. That is as d/m/yyyy. (I can get it to show the date but insists on showing it in number format only) Don't know what you mean by "Input Button". Could try something like :- mystring = Format(Date, "d/m/yyyy") CommandButton1.Caption=mystring ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Thanks Brian. Sorry about being unclear. The function is for...

Can I create a form to send
I manage a service group that supports project managers of multiple projects. I want to create a form to send to project managers - so that when they reply to my request, I would like the reply to create multiple tasks in my published calendar. Can this be done in Outlook 2003? ...

displaying bitmap image on button
Hi All; I recently started working on MFC. I have a dialog based application. I have added buttons on dialog box and added the OnButton member to the dialogbox class. I have also loaded a bitmap image. now I want to display the image on the button. what should I do? Have a bitmap resource .. LDB_MYIMAGE Declare a CBitmat object in the code Load the the resource in the CBitmat object Apply the CBitmap object to the button. CButton m_MyButton; // variable declared for the button, with studio CBitmap m_MyBitmap; // manually declared m_MyBitmap.LoadBitmap(L...

How to print a record in a form by pushing a button in another form ?
Hi ! I'm using MS Access 2003 and Windows XP Professional. I should like to save the extra effort of programming reports. A lot of effort has gone into designing the layout and arrangement of data in the form, and the form displays the data very nicely. So I should like to use it also for printing if I can, even if this method has some drawbacks. I've a form A with a print button on it. Pushing its print button prints the form as it is displaying the current record. Now I 'd like to do the same thing by pushing a print button on another form B. E.g., pushing the button tha...

New versions of outlook client and auto replies
I am trying to get our IT guy to put an auto reply on messages with attachments that come in to one specific email address. We use an Exchange Server. He says that the newer versions of outlook client only send one reply a week to avoid a looping problem. Does anyone know if this is correct or is he just trying to avoid putting on a autoreply as he is afraid of that looping effect. (auto reply to auto reply to auto reply etc.) Thanks Wendy Outlook 2003 has a rule that can be setup to not Reply to Auto Reply Messages "Wendy" wrote: > > I am trying to get our IT guy to pu...

chart feature greyed out
What reason could there be for the chart button to be greyed out when trying to create a pie chart from a series of highlighted numbers? It's a shared Excel 2000 workbook. Thanks for any help! The chart button is one of the features that aren't available in a shared workbook. There's more information in the following MSKB article: XL: Commands and Features Unavailable in Shared Workbook http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=130560 Consue wrote: > What reason could there be for the chart button to be > greyed out when trying to create a pie chart from a serie...

Want to send message from Outlook/Exchange where reply does not work
I have been asked by my boss to find a way in which he can send a message to an Exchange distribution group in such a way that the recipient cannot reply to it (as he calls it "a one-way message"). Does anyone have any suggestions? ...

Add a button to a sheet to open a userform
I'm looking for a way to add a button to a spreadsheet that will open up a userform. I've seen it done before, I'm just not sure how do it. Thanks, Chris -- PokerZan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PokerZan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=380247 Hello Chris Add a Command button to Excel double click it so it takes you to the vb code & enter UserForm1.Show (between Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() & End Su...

how to find send button in microsoft outlook?
I can not find 'send' button in my Microsoft outlook 2003 You will need to setup your mail profile first. When you set it up correctly the Send button will magically appear -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Ripon" <Ripon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB731345-F71A-4798-9E62-C51D3145C619@microsoft.com... >I can not find 'send' button in my Microsoft outlook 2003 Ripon wrote: > I ca...

Text in replies is difficult to read
I have recently installed Office 2003 Professional on my HP laptop. My screen resolution is set to 1024x768. Messages in Outlook 2003 are very easy to read. However, if I reply or forward a message, the text in the reply appears to be very small. My chosen font for replies is Comic Sans MS, 14 points. This is not a small font. But, when I type in my text, it is VERY difficult to read. The font selector box is correct but it looks like about a 2 of 4 point font... ANy thoughts? ...

How to prevent Out-of-office to reply to spam?
Hi all! I'm looking to know how I can set priority in Exchange 2003 Server/Outlook 2003 with the "Out-of-office" rule and antispam processes/filters (IMF, GFI MailEssentials)? I wish to get the "Out of the Office" to work in last (to prevent replies to spam). Any idea will be greatly appreciated ! Thanxs, Vitalich On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 03:55:01 -0700, Vitalich <Vitalich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all! > >I'm looking to know how I can set priority in Exchange 2003 Server/Outlook >2003 with the "Out-of-office...

DoubleClick on a SingleClick button
Hi, I have a JS with a button and OnClick event which runs an EXE that calls a COM Dll to present a Modal Dialog. If the button is clicked once everything is great. If the button is clicked twice I get the Dialog, but the focus is lost, it is on the JS webpage. I understand that this is an expected behavior, but I still need to find a workaround. One way is make the DoubleClick Event and the SingleClick Event of that button do the same. For now I dont know how to prevent the DooubleClick Event being caught by 2 SingleClick Events of that button... Another way I could go with, is some wor...

Forwarding an reply status
I have recently upgraded to exchanger server 2003 for my e-mails, but after using it for a few days when i reply or foward an e-mail, it is not marked as forwarded or replyed to. Any ideas how to fix this ...

Theme change. Navigation buttons not appearing on page.
I changed my theme. everything looks good except the home navigation button is there but the theme of it isnt. Tools->recalculate Hyperlinks If that does not fix it, reply with a link to the page. -- Ron Symonds Microsoft MVP (Expression Web) http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread. "Kimberly" <Kimberly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:887E2ADD-0E3A-4F40-89E6-7957E7F75A00@microsoft.com... > I changed my theme. everything looks good except the home navigation > button > is t...

Decimal place formatting button doesn't work when some cells already have no decimals
Say I have 2 cells w/ values: 35 35.87 If I use the formatting bar button to drop the decimal places, nothing happens, and I get an error tone. My recollection is usually Excel "does the right thing" and will drop the decimals on those cells for what it can (and this is what I want to happen). So in what arcane place to I configure this to work the way I want it to? Thx Dear TrippKnightly I understand you want to show the cells entered as 35 and 35.87 as 35 and 36 respectively? To do this, highlight the cells you wish to format with no decimal points. And go Format/Cells...

add or remove buttons to the panel
adding or removing of the button to the panel is very simple in Word 2003, but in word 2007 I've found only adding the buttons to the quick access toolbar. Is it impossible to make the same in word 2007? See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< &...

Outlook -- replying with attachments
I'd really like to see outlook give me the option of replying with attachments. I often want to reply to all and add new folks to the list... and the new folks need the attachments. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/...

DropDown Button
I want to create DropDown button, the one you see for example in Open File dialog in Visual Studio. It is an ordinary button with small downward triangle on the right, delimited with small vertical bar. The question is how to draw that bar and that small triangle, so that it behaves as a part of the button? ...

Track in CRM Button Disappearing
On many of our user's systems the Track in CRM button continuously disappears. If they log out of Outlook and back in the button reappears. This is very inconsistent. The users were upgraded to 2007 from 2003, but this issue also happened on 2003. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Please have the users check to make sure that Outlook is not seeing the CRM plug-in as a security threat. The link should be under the Help Menu within Outlook. Please make sure that the users have the CRM site listed (within the browser) as a trusted site or as an Intranet site. Thank...

Out of Office Reply Cannot Send
I am using Win 7 and Outlook 2007, without an email exchange server. I followed the help article to create a template for an out-of-office reply, downloaded the template and created the rule as illustrated. When an email arrives, the rule detects it, but then issues a message in a box called RULES IN ERROR, it Names the rule and states it Cannot Reply to Message. It turns the rule off and gives no additonal information about the problem. Any suggestions? -- Thank you, B. Parker ...

Outlook Send button missing; email accounts are present
After years of good use of Outlook, last night I saw the send button missing. MS knowledge suggests the accounts were removed. They are present, and indeed I removed and reentered them, but the send button is still missing. Testing accounts shows they're working. Any suggestions?? Close Outlook. Search for and rename the outcmd.dat file. This file is located usually in a hidden folder so make sure you search through hidden folders and files. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "bobk" wrote: > After year...

Background color of each tab button in a TabControl
Hi I changed background color of a tab control in the OnEraseBackground and set the button properties to TRUE in reource editor . I want to change teh background color of these buttons . How shoudl I go for it?Pls guide Bhargs Can some one help me out here Ali R,Ajay,Scott,David ,pls guide. Bhargs wrote: > Hi > I changed background color of a tab control in the OnEraseBackground > and set the button properties to TRUE in reource editor . > I want to change teh background color of these buttons . > How shoudl I go for it?Pls guide > Bhargs Bhargs wrote: >>Hi >&...