Why doesn't my e-mail go when I hit send?

I can send Reply or Forward messages but  when I create a new message it will
not send.  What am I doing wrong.  I'm a senior citizen and new to computers.
 If you could give me step by step instructions, that would be very helpful.
Thanks so much.

Could it be that you have another account configured that is set as the
default and is not configured properly?
Check in Tools-> Account Settings...

Additional solutions for send/receive issues can be found here;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/sendreceiveerrors.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Jojo" <Jojo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can send Reply or Forward messages but  when I create a new message it
> will
> not send.  What am I doing wrong.  I'm a senior citizen and new to
> computers.
> If you could give me step by step instructions, that would be very
> helpful.
> Thanks so much.

0
Roady

Can't Send Messages Until I Press F9 Key
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------030800050502050601040701 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit After I compose a message and click Send, the message does go its way until I press F9 or choose Tools|Send/Receive. I'm using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. In case it matters, there's a toolbar for ZoneAlrm Outlook Addin with Junk filters (I use the Zone lite firewall freebie). Is there a setting in Outlook I need to set to automatically send messages? Should I disable the Zone addin? If so, how? Thanks. ---...

outlook not senfing mail
i can receive mail, but not send. this is new. all was fine for last 7 months. not sure what to do. thank you any error messages? a bernstein ����: > i can receive mail, but not send. this is new. all was > fine for last 7 months. not sure what to do. > > thank you ...

error sending from 5.5 to 2000
When a user sends from an exchange 5.5 mailbox to a user in exchange 2000, they receive the following error: The message was undeliverable because the recipient specified in the recipient postal address was not known at this address The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Express-Scripts;l=TEMMS014-041001192533Z-210060 <mail5.express-scripts.com #5.1.1> The same user on the 5.5 server can send to other users on the 2000 server. I looked the error up in technet and got 3 kb articles with only 1, kb295377 being anything close to my problem. I checked the entr...

Sending a workbook as a mail attachment
Hey Folks, Is there an easy way to send a workbook via email based on the date an time? Our company uses excel for some of our reporting and rather then having the reps remember to send the workbook i'd like to have it send itself automatically - say on Saturdays or Sundays. Ideas? Nel post news:1165167749.298713.321880@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com *Gord* ha scritto: > Hey Folks, > > Is there an easy way to send a workbook via email based on the date an > time? Our company uses excel for some of our reporting and rather > then having the reps remember to send the wor...

unable to access mail after re-enable account
Hi, After enable an disable account and change its password, it can login to its mail account. What's happening. Is it normal? Thanks a lot What is the error message when user tries to access mailbox? Does the user still show in ADUC has having Exchange attributes? Have you looked at the MB using ESM to see if it is disconnected? "Raymond" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:136c01c46f11$d16f8390$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > After enable an disable account and change its password, > it can login to its mail account. What's hap...

Send from Word
When I hit the send button in Word or Excell I get a pop up that say choose profile with Outlook in the drop down. That is the only name in the drop down. If I hit OK I get the following Message. The MAPI Spooler could not be started. Close and then restartall mail-enabled applications.MAPI 103 (0000004C7) If I choose to set up a new profile I get a Microsoft Exchange Setup Wizard. As I try to setup a new profile I come to the following, The following unrecoverable error has occured: The .DLL file for this service is either damaged or could not be found. Any ideas? Doug, What versi...

Send 1 address to 2 mailboxes
I want to create an address and have any mail sent to that address delivered to two separate users' mailboxes. How can I do that. I've tried simply adding the address in the two users' "Email Addresses" tab in the User's properties of ADU&C. But it wouldn't allow me to add the same address to the second user ("This email address already exists in this organization"). I've also tried creating a new user for the address and forwarding the email to the 2 other users (Exchange General tab - Delivery Options button - Forward To field). But ...

Outlook 2003 E-mail Preview before receiving
I currently use an E-mail client called GoldMine that allows me to preview e-mail sent to me on the server before actually downloading/receiving it to my computer. I find this extremely beneficial in weeding out the junk/unsolicited and potentially virus-infected e-mail. Is it possible to do this with Microsoft Office Outlook 2003? When selecting send/receive , it appears the only option option is to actually download/receive the message to be able to view it. If you are aware as to how I may be able to preview first without downloading, please provide instructions on how to achi...

Autosave mail sent from delegated mailbox
I'd like to autosave all mail sent from User Xs mailbox in his inbox. His mailbox inbox is available to three different users who all have it added to their Exchange account. This way I'm able to auto-create readable conversations in his inbox and all users can see which mail have been replied to from this mailbox and what the reply was. best You would have to write an event sink. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Kristofer" <Kristofer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA61E72C-9405-4BF...

Unread mail not showing up in Inbox
Hi, My Unread folder in located the "Favorite Folders" section in Outlook shows that I have more unread mail than I can see in my Inbox. My Inbox is normally sorted by "Received" so I can see the most recent emails as then arrive. If I change it so that it is sorted by the "From" column, I can see all the emails in the Inbox that are appearing in the Unread folder. It is strange that they don't appear using "Received" though. Emails that fall under any rules are not affected by this so rules are irrelevant in this case I suppose. Also, some additio...

Outlook 2003 not sending some messages
I'm using Windows XP Media Center, and Outlook 2003. Some messages don't leave the outbox. I don't get error messages, and the outgoing message doesn't appear in italics like it's waiting to get mailed. I can't find a similarity between messages that don't go out. Thank you for any help. Sarah ...

Mail to No. of users
Hi I our organization we are having Exchange 2003. We are facing one small problem that whenever user tries to send a mail to multiple user (especially multiple distribution groups)he recives following error message from administrator. The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be addressed in a single message. Send the message multiple times to fewer recipients. <Exchange.test.com #5.5.3> Where i can found this setting so i can get rid of this limit... Please help Cheers Taj go to exchange -globle setting - message deliver and right click and proper...

Outlook 2003 duplicate mails
Can anyone please tell me why I am receiving four of every mail that is coming into my inbox in Outlook 2003. I have XP Home Edition. Thanks carol Possibly you have an Antivirus program that is integrated with outlook, uninstall that AV, reboot your PC, reinstall the AV without the outlook integration "carolnpete" <cnp@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:AA0864DD-A340-484C-B20F-6BFC6C228553@microsoft.com... > Can anyone please tell me why I am receiving four of every mail that is > coming into my inbox in Outlook 2003. I have XP Home Edition. > Than...

Missing send/receive button #2
After I installed Outlook 2003 on a new computer and migrated my data file, there's no send/receive button when I click on personal folders in Mail and it doesn't appear on the tools menu. I've done reinstall/repair twice without fixing the problem. Is there some configuration procedure I need to do? Thanks for any help. Windwatcher wrote: > After I installed Outlook 2003 on a new computer and migrated my data > file, there's no send/receive button when I click on personal folders in > Mail and > it doesn't appear on the tools menu. I've done reinst...

Problem in restricting users from sending/receving internet email
I have found a helpful articel here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html I read it through couple times but I would like to ask some questions before I start the work on our Exchange 2000 server. 1. The "group" I am going to create for adding users into the restricting list, will it be a Security group or Distribution group? What group scope should I give it? 2. Under the section of "Restricting Users from Sending Internet Base Email", the article tells us to create a *new* SMTP connector and add the group into the "Dilivery Restriction" page. Will ...

Preventing outside work to send email to a distribution group
I want this distribution group for internal use only. How can I stop the outside to send message to this address. ...

Group sending
I'm having problems when sending an email to a group. It starts to send and then stops when it hits any address with a problem. Is there anyway around this? I'm using outlook express version 6. I don't mind if a bad address gets kicked back but would like to find a way to get the email sent ot all the good addresses. For now we've been having to go contact by contact to send the same message. We have a list of over 400 and this is time consuming. Please help. This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer an...

Outllok XP not sending sent emails to sent item folder?
Not sure what happened, but all of a sudden my Outlook XP (2002) no longer sends my sent email messages to the sent items folder. After I send a message and go to my sent items folder to view it...it's not anywhere to be found. How can I get things the way they were when I could find messages I sent later (in my sent items folder)??? Thanks in advance.... ...

Can't send or receive 05-01-10
I get the message that my server has not responded in 60 seconds and thie error: Account: 'pop-server.neo.rr.com (1)', Server: 'pop-server.neo.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19 Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting changes and has even been responsible for loss of messages. Your up-to-date A/V program will continue to protect you sufficiently. Fo...

send to button greyed out #2
We have a single user client that can't mail documents in GP (either text or pdf). We have reinstalled Adobe Pro thinking it was an adobe issue, but GP is not recognizing mail to send either text or pdf. This client needs to mail RM statements and so this feature does not work either. This client has two mail profiles, but it appears to be recognizing a default profile. We have reinstalled GP but no luck. This is our only client using full CRM with outlook. Here are the pertinent versions: CRM 4 (rollup 5) Outlook 2007 SP 2, GP 10 10.00.1237(2008 Payroll year end). Any sugge...

MS Office: Outlook XP
I had a trial version of Office 2003 installed on my HP computer. I recently deleted it b/c the trial ran out and I then installed Office XP (Professional) from CD-ROM that I had from a Dell PC I own. When I try to send/receive in Outlook, it says "Operation Failed" and does not provide any additional information. I have reason to believe this is because the trial version of 2003 left residual coding such that it won't allow the Office XP Outlook that I istalled to function properly. Any ideas on whether that's the case or what I can do to fix this problem. Ple...

Where do my CWnd message go?
Where does my CWnd message go? When I click the scrollbar, in the overwritten OnVScroll I call a method putting a command in the queue of my worker thread. My worker thread executes the command and post a message on a hidden window created in the GUI thread. But the message never arrives. Where does it go? This works perfectly if I click a button in the toolbar, then a command is put in the queue of the worker thread which execute the command and post a message back on the hidden window when it is finished. The hidden window is created in a class derived from CWnd. The messages re...

exch 2003 public folders how2 disable mail address
i only want one of my public folders to have a mailbox email address. that one also needs to stay mail enabled. all my 400 other public folders were automatically assigned email addresses but i want to remove the addresses. is applying a group policy and then enabling and assigning an address to one folder the way to correct this? how do i prevent the default for new folders to have email addresses? (even though most of these addresses dont show in active directory, mail addressed to them by spammers sneaks past my trap for nonexistent addressee mail). fills up my badmail folder. ...

How to Import incredimail mails to MS Outlook
Greetings, Does anyone out there know how to import my incredimail files/messages/address book and transfer them to MS Outlook? Thanks ...