Why does 'Ignore All' button still spell check

Only talking about new emails for now and using Outlook as the editor.

Say thare are 3 spelling errors in a NEW email.

The first one is picked up and I then click on IGNORE ALL button.
However the spell checker does NOT ignore all and keeps popping up on the
other two spelling errors.

Am I misunderstanding IGNORE ALL?
--
Regards
Tom

Hi Tom,

IGNORE ALL means ignore all following instances of that particular error. To
do what you apparently want click Cancel to end the spell check. Outlook
will ask you if you want to send anyway. Click Yes.

Sincerely,
Gene

"ThomasAJ" <ThomasAJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Only talking about new emails for now and using Outlook as the editor.
>
> Say thare are 3 spelling errors in a NEW email.
>
> The first one is picked up and I then click on IGNORE ALL button.
> However the spell checker does NOT ignore all and keeps popping up on the
> other two spelling errors.
>
> Am I misunderstanding IGNORE ALL?
> --
> Regards
> Tom

Hi Tom

I think  you might be - it's my understanding that the "IGNORE ALL" button
ignores all instances of the error(word) that is highlighted, so for
example: you have used the word "txt" 3 times within the mail and when you
spell check the first instance is highlighted. You then click "IGNORE ALL"
and the spell check goes through the rest of the mail without highlighting
the other 2 instances of the word "txt", whilst still spell checking all
other words.

Hope this helps and makes sense

Linds

"ThomasAJ" <ThomasAJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Only talking about new emails for now and using Outlook as the editor.
>
> Say thare are 3 spelling errors in a NEW email.
>
> The first one is picked up and I then click on IGNORE ALL button.
> However the spell checker does NOT ignore all and keeps popping up on the
> other two spelling errors.
>
> Am I misunderstanding IGNORE ALL?
> --
> Regards
> Tom

0
leddy769 (8)
11/3/2005 12:39:18 AM
Ignore all is about ignoring all instances of the same spelling "mistake".
Close if you want to stop spellchecking.

Judy Gleeson  - MVP Outlook
Acorn Training and Consulting
Canberra, Australia

see what Outlook training can do to improve productivity:
www.acorntraining.com.au/pdfdocs/ProductivITwithOutlook.pps

www.acorntraining.com.au/productivit.htm
"ThomasAJ" <ThomasAJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Only talking about new emails for now and using Outlook as the editor.
>
> Say thare are 3 spelling errors in a NEW email.
>
> The first one is picked up and I then click on IGNORE ALL button.
> However the spell checker does NOT ignore all and keeps popping up on the
> other two spelling errors.
>
> Am I misunderstanding IGNORE ALL?
> --
> Regards
> Tom

0
judy (62)
11/3/2005 12:39:54 AM
OK understood.

Thanks all.

--
Regards
Tom

"ThomasAJ" wrote:

> Only talking about new emails for now and using Outlook as the editor.
>
> Say thare are 3 spelling errors in a NEW email.
>
> The first one is picked up and I then click on IGNORE ALL button.
> However the spell checker does NOT ignore all and keeps popping up on the
> other two spelling errors.
>
> Am I misunderstanding IGNORE ALL?
> --
> Regards
> Tom
0
ThomasAJ (2)

using sum button
I try pasting a bunch of numbers from a website into excel. Everything comes over fine, but when I try to sum the column using the sigma button, the result is just zero. Please help! I have a lot to sum. Thanks for your help. Adam sounds like the "numbers" are being pasted as text. That would probably be the case if trailing spaces are included in the copy. Regards Trevor "adam h" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a7601c3baac$b7e2c820$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I try pasting a bunch of numbers from a website into > excel. Ever...

Check on correctness
I had a problem with CMyView->GetDocument() in release. Within the constructor of the dialog class, I assigned the attribute, m_pDoc to the document ASSERT(m_pDoc = pParent->GetDocument()); In release, my program would throw an exception because m_pDoc was NULL. I trawled through google, to see this is a common error (also reading that I should call GetDocument every time rather than assigning to an attribute). However, if I assign m_pDoc within the dialog's initialisation list the attribute is assigned correctly. CExternalEffectorDlg::CExternalEffectorDlg(CState_SdiView* pPare...

Set a recurring task ie. a task to check a website each month
It would be advantageous to be able to set a recurring task ie. a daily, weekly, monthly or other multiple task. An example would be if you needed to go to an accounts website or prospects website once a month to look for leads. Or to check out a competitor for new things on their website. It could also apply to phoning or mailing etc. This would save constantly having to remember to create a followup or write up to dozens of followups at different dates. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote f...

"Check Marking" a cell
Can I format (via Macro???) a cell so that if the user left clicks on the cell a check mark appears without using the Control Toolbox. The cells with such format will only need to then be the totaled (via =counta(x:x). There's no left click you can tie into. You could base it on selection (either the mouse or the keyboard), but you could use rightclick for this: If that's ok, rightclick on the worksheet tab that should have this behavior. Select view code and paste this into that code window: Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeRightClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel...

How do I delete selected cell when using check box
I have data in rows A17:J500 with check boxes in rows J17:J500 By activating a macro in A10 I want to clear contents of selecte rows. Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use Range("A17:J500").ClearContents How do you activate the macro in A10, by selecting A10? Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$A$10" Then Application.DisplayAlerts = False Range("A17:J500").ClearContents Application.DisplayAlerts = True End If End Sub -- No private emails please, for everyone'...

Hide the Help button from Propertysheet dialog
Hello, Could you tell me, how can I hide the Help button from Propertysheet dialog in the wizard mode? I want to appeare just Back, Next, Cancel and Finish button in the dialog. I don't need to the Help button. By the way, PropertySheet.m_psh.dwFlags &= ~PSH_HASHELP; doesn't work. Thank you so much, Monica. Hello Monica, > By the way, PropertySheet.m_psh.dwFlags &= ~PSH_HASHELP; doesn't work. This should work. You need to remove it from each of the property pages as well. Here is the link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccor...

Previously removed SSL certificate still used
Hi all, As the title states it, I've removed a self-signed certificate and replaced it by a new one. It doesn't show up any more when issuing the Get-ExchangeCertificate cmdlet. Though, when launching Outlook, I get a warning regarding that removed certificate and not the new one. Same thing with OWA. In both cases, when I display the certificate, the thumbprint is the removed one's, not the new one's ! I've restarted IIS and all Exchange services several times. I'm about to plan a restart of the server but if anyone has an explanation ... Thanks. E...

Save as web page, but still have spreadsheet functionality
how do i do this. whe i go to save as web page, there is no box i can click but interactivity and the software im using (certiport mous practice test) tells me it is wrong ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ no one knows how to do this. I know someone does ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Command Button code
Good evening all I am after some simple code to apply to a CommandButton1_Click(), where when the button is clicked, today's date is inserted into the active cell. (Though I do require this date to then be fixed, and not change the following day) Any help most appreciated. Thank you Mathew --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.551 / Virus Database: 343 - Release Date: 11/12/2003 Mathew here is one way Selection = Date -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to...

Blank Email Still
Outlook Versions 2000 and 2002 all updates Exchange Server 2000 no service packs Windows 2000 Server all updates Windows XP clients all updates I am still having blank bodies of email sent. The E-mail is also blank in the sent box as well as blank at the receiver.. Seems random. Here is whet I have done. Disabled Signatures Disabled Norton Anti-virus 2003 Pro I will apply SP3 to Exchange tonight. Any ideas? Thanks B Hi, Bob try recreating your email profile and test the issue Good luck! Yvon "Bob" wrote: > Outlook Versions 2000 and 2002 all updates > Exchange Serv...

FWD: Check internet patch from M$ Corp.
--tovpxuxduzg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="qzchustdwxu"; type="multipart/alternative" --qzchustdwxu Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="isqmslfdvfx" --isqmslfdvfx Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, the most serious...

Ignoring Line Breaks in Outlook XP
I have unchecked the option "Remove extra line breaks in plain text messages". Now in the preview pane, Outlook is displaying a message "This message has extra line breaks. Click here". I don't care if the message has extra line breaks. I don't want to enable the option that removes the extra line break automatically as this is slowing me down. So how do I stop Outlook from displaying the message in the preview pane? Thanks, Ashok. "Ashok" <ashoktamil@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:db81e684.0405260942.6ccb4037@posting.google.com... >I have...

Toggling "Shutter Bar Open/Close Button"
I would like to expand and contract "Shutter Bar Open/Close Button" inside a module. However, I haven't figured out what method or code is needed in order to manipulate it. I would also like to be able to expand or contract features on the Shutter bar (Navigation Bar) like Forms, Queries, etc. Any ideas? ...

Radio Button
I have a form someone created in Excel and somehow three buttons are linked together so that if I click on one, it selects the one I click on and clears one selected before. Is there a way to have it clear the button that was selected if I click on the same button again. As it is, I cannot clear all the buttons once a button is selected. Hi This is what radiobuttons (option buttons) are for. Either Male or Female, no None or Both or Not sure yet or Refuse to answer. For independent choices (Vegetarian, Blonde, Plays guitar, ... ) use checkboxes. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Debb...

Check Table, if found, fill Fields
I did a mess of a database, and I'm trying to clean it up. My original database/Table has Date Received, Last Name, First Name, SSN, FormFrom, FormType (pulldown) and several other fields, including Date Completed, and a Record field that's an Autonumber. Every time someone requests a letter/form etc from us they get added in as a new Record. So one person may have 5 different things etc., and that 1 person is listed 5 different times. It should really be 1 person with 5 different transactions. I am trying to Normalize. I want to break off the Last Name & First Name F...

User tried posting checks to closed period.
I have a user who tried to post payables checks to a closed period. They didn't tell me about it until after they had clicked through the error. The batch is showing a status of remittance processing. It doesn't show up under post checks or print checks but it does show up under edit checks. Nothing shows up under batch recovery. Is there a way to force the transactions on through? They have already mailed the checks so we don't have the option of voiding them somehow and redoing them. Robert Fann Sorry. I luckily found the batch under process remittance and ...

Checking for a match
When I enter a customer's first name and last name into a form (frmCustomer) I would like Access to check to see if there is already a match for that same first name and last name in the underlying table (tblCustomer). If there is a match I would like a pop-up window to appear warning of the match. What would the code be to do this checking? Thanks for any help. JoeP ...

Enter button
I'd like to apply a method (search) on pressing the enter key, on an embedded dialog. I've implemented the afx_msg void OnAccelReturn() method, and it works well in some context. In another context, nothing happens when the enter key is pressed. I've also tried to set the focus on the search-button and to declare the search-button as the default-button, but I didn't help to fix the problem. Maybe it has something to do, whether the outer-dialog is a modal one or not. If anyone could give me any hints, why the key doesn't work would be much appreciated. On May 2, 4:21...

start button disabled in xp
when i click on my start button nothing happens. this is since my last windows update. the problem is that i have no my computer icon on my desktop, so i can't get in to defrag my hard drive, and also since i can not get anything out of the start button, i now can not get into my control panel. PLEASE HELP! Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Returning Custom Exception Messages from Stored Procedure Calls http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/46774bc1-ce2f-4638-9305-97f4faa2821d/returning-custom-exceptio.aspx Em Segunda 18 Janeiro 2010 23:22, ann...

Check box setup
I am brand new to Excel 2007, and want 1 column to have a checkbox for a yes/no option. How in the hell do I do this. I know how to do this in Access, but not Excel. Thanks ...

+J1 ***Hot stuff
http://www.kaneva.com/checkout/stream.aspx?assetId=2017&free=0 ...

Outlook 2000 spell check problem with TS2003
One of our users is receiving an error when trying to use spell check in Outlook. Seems to only be happening to the one user. any suggestions ...

docmd.openform: Filter being ignored
Hi All, I have a form which the user is able to select a customer, once seletected a second form is presented which will enable the user to update the customer contact details. The second form is to be restricted to the required customer by using the filter parameter of the docmd.openform command; DoCmd.OpenForm "frmCustomer", acNormal, , """ID = " & Me! [frmRenewalLettersByDate subform]!CustID & """", acFormEdit, acDialog However, the filter is being ignored and regardless of which customer is selected, another customers details a...

"check mark"
Is there any way to put a simple check mark next to text or data an Excel spreadsheet? Use one of the windings fonts. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Doug Wyatt <wyatts@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:062d01c3d2e0$511abd40$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to put a simple check mark next to text > or data an Excel spreadsheet? For me (My PC Config) requires using Font: "Monotype Sorts", then entering either the number 3 for light-shaded chkmark or the number 4 for bold-shaded chkmark - also format cell(s) as Number, General. "Tom Ogilvy" <twogilvy...

Odd problem: Messages received, but still bounced?!
Hello all, Hoping the gurus can make some sense of this one. We are running Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000 Server. I know, I know. I'm the new guy to fix all this. We have one user, call him Bob Smith. Our usernames here are firstname lastinitial (BobS), but the full name is set in Active Directory, naturally. When you send him mail, it works fine, and he gets it, but the sender also gets a bounce with just his first initial and his last name (which has never been used as a username/address/etc around here): --- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Su...