why do messages move to deleted folder automatically?

Some messages are moving to the "Deleted" folder without any action by me. I
must keep checking my deleted folder for newq messages. Also, many messages
are going to the Junk folder even senders for whom I have created a rule to
force them to go to the inbox. What gives?
0
Joshua51 (1)

Joshua51 <Joshua51@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Some messages are moving to the "Deleted" folder without any action
> by me. I must keep checking my deleted folder for newq messages.

Make sure you don't have any rules or add-ons like non-Outlook antispam
filters.

> Also, many messages are going to the Junk folder even senders for
> whom I have created a rule to force them to go to the inbox. What
> gives?

The Junk E-mail rules works before other rules, so no matter how many rules
you have that "force" mail to the mailbox, if the Junk E-mail filter sees
them as junk, they will already have been moved before those rules would
run.  Rules are not how to address that issue any way.  Put those recipients
in your Safe Senders list.  The Junk E-mail filter will then ignore them if
you've enabled that option.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Sending message as a delegate
Is there a way for a secretary to send an email that says it's from two people (she is the delegate for both of these people). jschwartz@pattonboggs.com wrote: > Is there a way for a secretary to send an email that says > it's from two people (she is the delegate for both of > these people). A message can come from only one address/account, so, short answer is no. ...

automatically close second workbook 12-16-09
i have put the following code in to workbook 'A' to close workbook 'B' but it does not close book 'B' there is no error message Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) On Error Resume Next Workbooks("B.XLS").Close SaveChanges:=False ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=True End Sub Several of us have tested your code..........both workbook_open which opens B.xls when A.xls opens and the workbook_beforeclose code. Works fine for me. All I can think of is that you are opening B.xls in a separate instance of Excel. If t...

Emptying 'Deleted Items' folder on exit
I am running WLM version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726) on Windows 7 with all the latest updates. I have 'Empty messages from the Deleted Items folder on exit' checked under Maintenance, but they're all still there when I exit and restart WLM. Is there another setting I should be looking at to make this work? TIA, -- SC Tom Tom, I experienced the same thing earlier today. I'm new to WLM and found that if you "checked" the ''Empty messages from the Deleted Items folder on > exit' after there were items in the Deleted Items folder, it ...

MyDocuments folder
hi, i am tring to create folder in MyDocuments, with this function HANDLE hFile = CreateFile(path,GENERIC_WRITE|GENERIC_READ, FILE_SHARE_READ|FILE_SHARE_WRITE, NULL, CREATE_ALWAYS, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, NULL); where path = _T("%USERPROFILE%\\Documenti") + _T("\\FileName.xxx"); i used ("%USERPROFILE%\\Documenti to get the path of mydocuments but i didnt find the file , i used GetLastError(); where the function tell me the path is incorect any idea to get the path of mydocuments folder thanks for help You could use: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...

How do I Restore old save dbx files back into OE store folder
I have some old dbx files that I saved into a folder in 'My documents' some time ago during earlier OE back ups. I now wish to re-import some of these saved dbx folders back into OE in order to assess some of these emails again. I've been looking at the wed sites 'Inside OE' and 'OE help'. But can't seem find or see the part that will give me directions on how to do this. Some of these saved dbx folders have the same names of existing folders that I'm currently using in OE. So presumably, I'm going to have to do some folder renaming or s...

Removing Message Handler
I am using Microsoft Visual C++ on Windows XP and am developing Windows graphics code using the MFC AppWizard. I have a class, CImageView, which is derived from CScrollView. I would like to add a message handler for WM_LBUTTONDOWN but, when I got go "Add Windows Message Handler", this is already in the list of added handlers. When I highlight it and click "Edit Existing" I am taken to OnMouseMove(). There does not appear to be a way to remove this handler so that I can add it properly. It is possible that I added it at some point and then rmoved it by deleting every re...

Never Ceasing Error Message in My Mailbox
Account: 'cwjamaicA', Server: 'mail.cwjamaica.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Hello, I keep getting the message as stated above in Email box. What does this mean and how can I clear this up. Thanks. Burchie S burchsam@cwjamaica.com ...

How to filter to show only one message from a specific sender/subject
I would like to filter out all but one email with the same subject line from a specific sender. I subscribe to a message board that sends an email every time a posting is made to a thread, instead of just the first posting after I have read the thread. Is there a way for filter out the duplicate messages and just keep the oldest email? Thanks, Brian ...

Error message needed if incorrect Date Of Birth (DOB) entered
Hi, In cell D6 I have a DOB entered....in cell E6 I have a datedif function that has 3 conditional formatting set as: 1 - If D6 is blank, E6 is blank. 2 - If DOB in D6 is between 18 - 24 then E6 shows age and cell is yellow. 3 - If DOB in D6 is 25 or over then E6 shows age and cell is blue. What I need is when a DOB is entered in D6 under 16 years old, then D6 returns an error message -" You have Entered an Age under 16 Years - Retry!! ". I have tried Data Validation, but cant get a message from tha as I dont know what to set as the date validation. I do need a...

How do I get deleted items that stay in inbox with line thru them.
I inherited a computer at work. Outlook is setup so that when I delete a message it stays in the inbox, with a line thru it. How do I get the deleted items to go automatically to the deleted item folder? "rwwhit" <rwwhit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D17761E-CD1B-4D04-BACB-B0D837C4DD93@microsoft.com... >I inherited a computer at work. Outlook is setup so that when I delete a > message it stays in the inbox, with a line thru it. How do I get the deleted > items to go automatically to the deleted item folder? That's normal behavior...

Moving Computers.
I am running Money 2001 on my old pc. I have just purchased a new pc and have loaded Money 2001. Back up options do not include to a CD, what is the best way to transfer the accounts information to my new pc? Thanks DaveT In microsoft.public.money, DaveT wrote: >I am running Money 2001 on my old pc. I have just purchased a new pc and have >loaded Money 2001. Back up options do not include to a CD, what is the best >way to transfer the accounts information to my new pc? Copy the *.mny file on the old computer to a USB flash drive. Copy the file to the My Documents folder on y...

Send and Receive All Error Message
When Sending and Receiving before going offline with Outlook XP,(exchange 2000) I get the following error... Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found. ...

Excel 'hangs' when deleting a row
when i delete a row in excel 2000, everything locks up! and when lookup at Task Manager/Processes, it's MEM USAGE goes up to 22K o more! i tried doing it in another file but i experienced no error. the dat is in LAN. all data are filtered when the deletion began. however i ca delete files before. please help, anyone.... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The best thing is to free up memory (assuming your file is large). Clos all applications you do not require at the time and any workbooks no in use. Dunca -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

IE8 was deleted from my windows 7 and I cannot find correct downlo
I have a two month old Toshiba and deleted IE8 because of crashes. Trying to find the correct download to reinstall. The IE8 homepage just says it is included in windows 7 but does not show the download file....... ARRRG. Tried Vista IE8 download file but message says it not the correct operating system. On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 20:50:01 -0700, pawntonian <pawntonian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a two month old Toshiba and deleted IE8 because of crashes. Trying to >find the correct download to reinstall. The IE8 homepage just says it is >included in wind...

Automatically Purging Transaction Logs
Hello, I am running Exchange Server 2003 and am looking for a method to aoutomatically purge transaction log files after succesful back up. Can anyone give me a good method of doing this? Thanks in advance. A successful backup automatically purges the transaction logs (if you're using Exchange-aware backup sw) -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Hunter" <Hunter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DF7D5C6-5422-4FAB-BC45-E9284E8F0CB9@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I am running Exchange Server 2003 and am looking for a ...

Automatically redirecting profiles to a new exchange server?
OK old exchange server was SERVEROLD and new one is SERVERNEW (for arguments sake). The pc has lots of different profiles on it and I dont wanna manually change each profile to reflect the new server. Running Outlook 2002 is there a way to automatically do this? I believe I can use a prf file created using Custom Wizards from the Office Resource Kit and deploy this to do this for me. Can anyone give any more detailed info on how this can be done? Thanks <carlosvenegas@jellybeandesign.co.uk> wrote in message news:1132785375.328184.274520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > OK ol...

Can you delete and empty an open email

How to delete duplicate data
Hi, I am using excel to consolidate monthly room booking data. I have a date column and time column. May I know how to to delete those rows which contains duplicate data with same date stated in the date columnand and same time range in the time column? Thank you. Data>filter>advanced filter, unique records only and copy to another location -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (Remove ^^ from email) "PL" <PL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F45DAE2B-252D-4E17-81D8-0F4C060BCB21@m...

Moving Email Domain off of Exchange #2

Automatically generate a new record
Can I autumatically generate a new record adding information (future date) from a current record? Yes. In your form have Double-click event call an append query that pull data from your form fields to append one record. INSERT INTO [YourTableToAppendInto] ( Field1, Field2, Field3, Field4 ) SELECT TOP 1 [Forms]![YourForm]![1stField] AS [X], [Forms]![YourForm]![2ndtField] AS [Y], [Forms]![YourForm]![2rdtField] AS [Z], [Forms]![YourForm]![4thtField] AS [A]; -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Crown Jenny" wrote: > Can I autumatically generate a new record addin...

Public Folder Replication not running
We have two exchange 2000 servers in the same exchange organization, same active directory domain. We have one set of public folders that have been configured to replicate to both servers. We would create public folders on one server and then they replicate to the other server immediately (replication interval set to "always"). But last week the replication suddenly stopped for new folders, although existing ones still appear to replicate their contents. When we create a new folder on one server, and set it in system manger to replicate to the other server, replicas never appear ...

deny ability to delete sent items
Environment is Win2k3 Server and Exch2k3. We would like to impliment a Group Policy that would remove users ability to delete the items in their Sent Items folder. It would be OK if items could be removed after Archiving if necessary. It appears that deleted Sent Items do not go to Deleted Items folder, so dumpster retention policy doesn't seem to be a solution. Any ideas? I am 99.9% certain that this is not possible through group policy. I'm very certain that while it might be possible, it would be extremely difficult to implement and manage. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange &quo...