Why can't I restore a PST file?

This is a new post because I'm using a different computer but I have been
asking why I can't seem to restore my backed-up Outlook (2003) PST file
after  a fresh install of XP Pro SP2.  I am showing some calendar appts.
prior to the back-up date but nothing at all in the contacts or saved emails
(which of course is the most important thing).  Speculation was that the
file may have been corrupted but I just tried to restore from a backup
previous to the latest and got the same results.  Help Please.  The answer
MUST be here SOMEWHERE.

Thanks in advance... Bob

0
bob.newman (100)

The question must also be somewhere.
How can anyone attempt to answer you when we have no idea what you have
done?
Spell it out in complete detail. There is no information here.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Bob Newman" <bob.newman@cox.net> wrote in message
> This is a new post because I'm using a different computer but I have been
> asking why I can't seem to restore my backed-up Outlook (2003) PST file
> after  a fresh install of XP Pro SP2.  I am showing some calendar appts.
> prior to the back-up date but nothing at all in the contacts or saved
> emails (which of course is the most important thing).  Speculation was
> that the file may have been corrupted but I just tried to restore from a
> backup previous to the latest and got the same results.  Help Please.  The
> answer MUST be here SOMEWHERE.
>
> Thanks in advance... Bob

0
russval1 (2100)
7/20/2005 11:23:47 PM
Sorry.  Here are pertinent parts of the original post and applicable