WHY CAN I RECEIVE BUT NOT SEND IN OUTLOOK 2003 FROM A NEW DELL COMPUTER? pLEASE HELP #2

i USE AN OPTIPLEX 210, WITH VERIZON DSL AND MICROSOFT SMALL BUSINESS
EDITION 2003, WITH OUTLOOK 2003. Norton Internet Security SUite, with
lowered settings.

DSL is not the problem I don't think.  I can send out via an alternate
gmail pop account and in Outlook Express.

This doesn't happen every day, and usually when it does after 3-5 hours
of use of my computer.

I can still receive, but the SENT email gets stuck in my outbox.

I have to shut down my computer and start it up again and then I can
send email.

I had some memory problems indicated at shutdown, but no code that is
researchable.

Thanks.

0
ptobinPR (26)

Check Event Logs - Administartive Tools

Memory probs? exact err msg is?

<ptobinPR@gmail.com> wrote in message
> i USE AN OPTIPLEX 210, WITH VERIZON DSL AND MICROSOFT SMALL BUSINESS
> EDITION 2003, WITH OUTLOOK 2003. Norton Internet Security SUite, with
> lowered settings.
>
> DSL is not the problem I don't think.  I can send out via an alternate
> gmail pop account and in Outlook Express.
>
> This doesn't happen every day, and usually when it does after 3-5 hours
> of use of my computer.
>
> I can still receive, but the SENT email gets stuck in my outbox.
>
> I have to shut down my computer and start it up again and then I can
> send email.
>
> I had some memory problems indicated at shutdown, but no code that is
> researchable.
>
> Thanks.

0
DL
8/22/2006 10:20:57 PM
something is causing the items to hang. Are you using an application that
accesses outlook data? http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nosend.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

<ptobinPR@gmail.com> wrote in message
>i USE AN OPTIPLEX 210, WITH VERIZON DSL AND MICROSOFT SMALL BUSINESS
> EDITION 2003, WITH OUTLOOK 2003. Norton Internet Security SUite, with
> lowered settings.
>
> DSL is not the problem I don't think.  I can send out via an alternate
> gmail pop account and in Outlook Express.
>
> This doesn't happen every day, and usually when it does after 3-5 hours
> of use of my computer.
>
> I can still receive, but the SENT email gets stuck in my outbox.
>
> I have to shut down my computer and start it up again and then I can
> send email.
>
> I had some memory problems indicated at shutdown, but no code that is
> researchable.
>
> Thanks.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
8/23/2006 12:46:34 AM
ptobinPR@gmail.com <ptobinPR@gmail.com> wrote:

> I can still receive, but the SENT email gets stuck in my outbox.

This is usually caused by one or more of the following:

1) scanning outgoing mail with an antivirus program that has a feature to
integrate with Outlook (they often don't integrate properly).
2) a send/receive interval that is shorter than about ten minutes.  IN
Outlook, while viewing a mail folder, press ALT-CTRL-S and increase the
automatic send/receive interval.
3) a server timeout value that is too small.  Look on the Advanced tab of
your account properties pages.

To clease a message stuck in the Outbox, click File and check "Work
Offline".  Stop and restart Outlook.  You should now be able to delete the
message from Outbox.  Click File and uncheck "Work Offline".  Stop and
restart Outlook to resume normal operation.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Paste Special Macro
Hi there, I have recorded a very simple macro to perfom the 'Paste Special' function but noticed that I can't undo my last action using this macro. Can anyone help? Macro: Sub PasteVal() Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues End Sub Running the macro clears the Undo stack. See http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip23.htm for suggestions. In article <51D1D0C2-9B47-46D8-BF27-8D8FFF735DEC@microsoft.com>, Ben <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi there, > > I have recorded a very simple macro to perfom the 'Paste Special' fun...

Auto-preview of graphical attachment in Outlook 2002
Hello! Is it possible to view graphical attachment in Outlook 2002 which has been inserted into the mail, without opening each an every file, like it does in Outlook Express. Thank you! Best regards, Jan Henrik Jan Henrik <bugman_x2000@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to view graphical attachment in Outlook 2002 which has > been inserted into the mail, without opening each an every file, like > it does in Outlook Express. If it's truly inserted and not attached, it should display in the preview pane. If it doesn't, then it's not really embedded. -- ...

outlook not good
Help: Since I loaded Outlook on Thursday (as part of an Office 2003 upgrade) I have not been able to find (or receive?) e-mails on Outlook whereas I still receive and find e-mails easily on Outlook Express (which came with my Comcast broadband service) ... any clues as to what I'm doing wrong regarding Outlook e-mail? Thank you in advance for your help. any clues? - not really you dont give any error msgs or? Tried, in OL, Importing yr mail settings from OE? David "william" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:391701c3e297$a9268980$a401280a...

Saving new record with defaults only
I'm programmatically valuing several default values in a form from fields in a preceding form. Sometimes there is no other data entry required, but we want the new record to be saved. Unfortunately, the record is NOT being saved, because there is nothing to be saved when all you have is default values. How can I force the save of the new record? mlwallin wrote: > I'm programmatically valuing several default values in a form from > fields in a preceding form. Sometimes there is no other data entry > required, but we want the new record to be saved. Unfortunately, the ...

Ingenico i6550 on 2.0.0114
Hi All, I am having a hard time finding any information on installation and configuration of the i6550. Would anyone out there be willing to share their documentation and/or procedures with me? I followed the KB article 935588 but all I get is a blank screen once the device boots. I have gleaned that I need several things to make this work: Form Designer for the device Ingenico OPOS driver newer than 2.4 (?) Better configuration documentation Sample receipt template (?) I would appreciate any detailed documentation that I can get my hands on. Thanks all very much! I installed 7 of th...

Help! Can't open my Outlook 2003
Message I get is: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook Window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists. Need suggestion on what to do please. What type of email account do you use? Did it work before? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outloo...

Comparing 2 columns
Column A is full of names (none repeating). Column B has names as well, and the same name MIGHT already be in column A. I want a formula in column C that will first look at cell B1, then search all of Column A, and either answer YES or NO if it is found. I though an If statement would work, but it isnt. I wrote the following - =IF(B1=(A1:A25),"Yes","No") However, this is only returning NO as an answer, even if the name in B1 IS located in the range of A1:A25. Am I doing something wrong, or does this only work for values and not text ? Using Excel 2000, SP2 ly...

Can't Reference A Custom Control On a Custom Form
Does anyone know why I can't reference a custom control (combo box) on a custom form? I use the following: Set FormPage = Item.GetInspector.ModfiedFormPages ("Newform") [Works OK] Set ControlX = FormPage.Controls("cboRequester") [DOES NOT WORK. CODE STOPS AT THIS POINT] I am using Windows 2000 (as a non-ADMIN user) and Outlook 2000. All help is appreciated. ...

Access 2003 & the Database Documenter
I want to print out some TableDefs as a reference as I work on myapplication code. But I can't find that thing that used to be called the"Database Documenter".Did they take it out of Access 2003 or did they hide it in some differentplace that I am not seeing?Help?-- Peace & happy computing,Mike Labosh, MCSD MCTOwner, vbSensei.Com"Escriba coda ergo sum." -- vbSensei > I want to print out some TableDefs as a reference as I work on my> application code. But I can't find that thing that used to be called the> "Database Documenter".Nevermind, I f...

how far do you think can Microsoft sustain this initiative
Hi Expert, "A recent report in Computer Weekly proclaimed that Microsoft was aiming to steam into untapped SME CRM market" ..how far do you think can Microsoft sustain this initiative This is the step to defend Linex from Microsft. Throw one step ahead. Treasure Just look at how far Microsoft Money sustain? And that is with Quicken around! There is no Quicken like for SME CRM market! Microsoft CRM Version 1.2 is going global.... more steps ahead. IMHO Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm >> Other MSCRM Online Forum Resources >-----Orig...

a if calculation help
Hi all i have a if calculation which i need to expand but I can't figure it out =IF(AND(D21>=1,D21<=7),"week",IF(AND(D21>=8,D21<=15),"2 wks","3 wks")) I need to expand it if you can help would be much appriciated 1-7 Wk 8 - 15 2 wks 16 - 23 3 wks 24 - 31 1 month 32 - 89 2-3 months 90 - 179 6 months 180 + season I hope you understand that for the numbers i need the result showing in the cell i.e. 1- 7 number showing in cell will answer as week Thankyou for your assistance in advance 360 + season Create a 2 colu...

sheet tab #2
I want to change font size of sheet 's name. What should I do? thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=46907739-afa1-4f71-aca6-a3a341bef4ec&dg=microsoft.public.exc...

Help with Mailing Labels
New to Excel and having problems with mailing mailing labels from my list. Any help out there. Jeff Jeff Are you attempting to make labels directly in Excel? It could be done in Excel only, but........ Investigate the use of Word's mailmerge feature to get Excel data to labels and envelopes. Doing it strictly in Excel is difficult and involves much trial and error formatting. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, ...

Outlook closes when opened
Almost every time i try to open my mail in Internet Explorer using Outlook 2003 outlook closes. THe only way i can read my mail is after I reboot and check for any errors in the system. Any answers out there. ...

Hi I'm New and need help with Excel Basics
Please can anyone help me answer any of these questions: How would you add the contents of the cells from A1 to A10. Give 2 ways to do this. (hint: Look up "Examples of common formulas" in Excel help How do you format a cell to have dollar signs next to the numbers? How do you add the contents of cells A1 through A10 on sheet 1 and make the answer show up on sheet 2? How do you rename a sheet? Can I delete the sheets that I don't need? If so how? How do I freeze rows or columns of the sheet so that they don't' move when you scroll up or down? Example: My n...

Create Pareto Chart in Excel? #2
Thanks for the responses. The data is in a sorted frequenc distribution. I have the data analysis add-in installed, but i couldn' locate the data analysis pull down or the histogram with pareto option I'm running excel 2000, I can still create a pareto with this versio correct -- Tycon2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Tycon22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1626 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27698 The bottom entry on the Tools menu should be "Data Analysi...

Outlook 2000 (Win2K Pro) connection problems
Hi Everyone, I have a few workstations that cannot connect to an Exchange 2000 server from Outlook 2000 (Win2k Pro). Access is still available via OWA and everything was working as of this past Friday. I receive a "The logon credentials supplied were incorrect. Make sure your username and domain are correct, then type your password again." error message when the correct credentials are supplied and tried to use this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321652/en-us KB with no success. On my XP Pro workstation with Office 2000, I am able to connect as normal. So far I have tried, re...

help with outlook 2002 XP
I deleted an old exchange server account as it always showed an error when send/receiving. When I did this I lost all inboz and calendar -- can I retrieve any of this data??? Also cannot even send emails as message pops up saying no data files available. ANy thoughts? ...

Access 2000 to 2003 Conversion
Hi, We are about to move to 2003 from 2000. While the Access 2000 file format is compatible with 2003 I wanted to find out if there are reasons we should try and convert all our databases to 2003? Are we going to have any issues if we leave them in the 2000 format and just use them in 2003? Thanks, -- Jonathan Thomas Hampshire County Council The 2002/2003 format is supposed to be faster and more stable than the 2000 format. Microsoft's recommendation is that if everyone is using Access 2002 or 2003 you should use the new format. However, if the 2000 format is working satisfacto...

Restrict user from sending messages as somebody else?
I have a user that is part of the Administrator group so he can do our backups here at work, the problem that I have is that he is sending messages as other users which I want to restrict him from doing. How can I make this happen? We are using Windows Server 2003/Exchange 2003 sp2/Outlook 2003 "Penny Miller" <Penny.Miller@co.chelan.wa.us> wrote in message news:%23twPSbvmGHA.3668@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have a user that is part of the Administrator group so he can do our >backups here at work, the problem that I have is that he is sending >messages as...

Can't see 2 open workbooks listed in the Window tab
Using Excel 2003 When I have two workbooks open I think I should see both of the workbooks listed in the Window tab on the Menu Bar. I only see the workbook file I am in. What can I do to correct this? This is not a question on charting, but let's be nice for a change :-) The 'problem' you describe pops up when you open Excel twice, what might happen when you double-click the file from the Explorer to open it while Excel already is open. It will not happen if you have Excel open and open the file from within. HTH, Henk "TomD" wrote: > Using Excel 2003 &...

Outlook 2010 04-19-10
Testing Office 2010 but before using any of the suite need to setup up Outlook first but cannot Import CSV file addressbook from either 2003 or 2007 in to it. Error message "Invalid SAM ID" and following global search it can be done with a "translator" but no one seems to know where to get it from so still cannot use Outlook. Although a beta product Outlook is specifically a communications application but not being able to easily import your contacts makes the application totally useless! I would have thought that MS would have at least made sure that the mos...

Can't save new Excel Doc

"Unable to display folder" accessing additional mailboxes in Outlook 2003 as administrator
Article 262399 properly describes the process, however for a new machine with Windows 2003 Server, Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 (on console), this right appears to be already granted to all mailboxes. That is "domain"\administrator already has full mailbox access although it appears greyed out on purpose. Deleting and re-adding is not allowed. So, if one logs onto the console as an administrator and adds the additional mailboxes to the exchange server profile, one gets the typical "unable to display folder" when clicking on the mailbox in Outlook 2003. Even though th...

outlook backup #5
my HDD crashed, the technician took the whole disk backup in a new HDD. I searched for .Pst but couldnt locate. Please advise the procedure for locating .pst file, address book & also procedure to import the message & address book in the new outlook. I am using windows Xp (home) & office XP. I have data in both microsoft outlook & outlook exp. First, search within hidden folders to find your PST. Second, do NOT import it. Just reuse it. All you data is in that one file. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm...