WHY CAN I RECEIVE BUT NOT SEND IN OUTLOOK 2003 FROM A NEW DELL COMPUTER? pLEASE HELP

i USE AN OPTIPLEX 210, WITH VERIZON DSL AND MICROSOFT SMALL BUSINESS
EDITION 2003, WITH OUTLOOK 2003. Norton Internet Security SUite, with
lowered settings.

DSL is not the problem I don't think.  I can send out via an alternate
gmail pop account and in Outlook Express.

This doesn't happen every day, and usually when it does after 3-5 hours
of use of my computer.

I can still receive, but the SENT email gets stuck in my outbox.

I have to shut down my computer and start it up again and then I can
send email.

I had some memory problems indicated at shutdown, but no code that is
researchable.

Thanks.

0
ptobinPR (26)

In addition, without setting Outlook up to do this, I now get email
delivered simultaneously to my inbox AND unread box; and starting last
week, messages I had in my inbox got put in a "followup" box, without
my prompting either.  DOES THIS SIGNIFY AN ADDITIONAL GLTICH? Thanks.

ptobinPR@gmail.com wrote:
> i USE AN OPTIPLEX 210, WITH VERIZON DSL AND MICROSOFT SMALL BUSINESS
> EDITION 2003, WITH OUTLOOK 2003. Norton Internet Security SUite, with
> lowered settings.
>
> DSL is not the problem I don't think.  I can send out via an alternate
> gmail pop account and in Outlook Express.
>
> This doesn't happen every day, and usually when it does after 3-5 hours
> of use of my computer.
>
> I can still receive, but the SENT email gets stuck in my outbox.
>
> I have to shut down my computer and start it up again and then I can
> send email.
>
> I had some memory problems indicated at shutdown, but no code that is
> researchable.
>
> Thanks.

0
ptobinPR (26)
8/22/2006 9:41:14 PM
no, it's normal. the unread folder is a virtual folder containing unread
messages. Same for follow-up - someone sent a flagged message.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

<ptobinPR@gmail.com> wrote in message
> In addition, without setting Outlook up to do this, I now get email
> delivered simultaneously to my inbox AND unread box; and starting last
> week, messages I had in my inbox got put in a "followup" box, without
> my prompting either.  DOES THIS SIGNIFY AN ADDITIONAL GLTICH? Thanks.
>
> ptobinPR@gmail.com wrote:
>> i USE AN OPTIPLEX 210, WITH VERIZON DSL AND MICROSOFT SMALL BUSINESS
>> EDITION 2003, WITH OUTLOOK 2003. Norton Internet Security SUite, with
>> lowered settings.
>>
>> DSL is not the problem I don't think.  I can send out via an alternate
>> gmail pop account and in Outlook Express.
>>
>> This doesn't happen every day, and usually when it does after 3-5 hours
>> of use of my computer.
>>
>> I can still receive, but the SENT email gets stuck in my outbox.
>>
>> I have to shut down my computer and start it up again and then I can
>> send email.
>>
>> I had some memory problems indicated at shutdown, but no code that is
>> researchable.
>>
>> Thanks.

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Outlook 2003 clients cannot recover deleted items in cached mode
Running Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. Clients are not able to recover deleted items in cached mode. If I have cached mode enabled, the users are able to go into "Recover deleted items" and select something to recover, but it just disappears. No error, it never shows up (we have been waiting for days). If I turn off cached mode, restore deleted items works beautifully and imediately. We have already tried hitting F9, shift F9, etc. and have had not luck. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. No issues here. Out of curiosity, have you applied SP1 for Office/Outlo...

PLEASE HELP!! Project Tasks are Causing My Tasks to appear Blank
Happy New Year, everyone. Perhaps you all can assist me with an issue that no one seems to know to fix. Recently, we have seen that some submitted tasks are causing the status managers issues when trying to approve the tasks in My Tasks. What I mean is this: - Resource adds time to a task in My Tasks - Resource submits the time to the Status Manager - Status Manager goes into PWA and navigates to Task Approvals - The Status Manager’s Task Approvals screen freezes and after a short while, they are brought to a blank My Tasks page which shows ever...

Help setting value for several checkboxes
Hi everyone, I am new to VBA as well as being new to this newsgroup. I am having a problem trying to set a group of checkboxes to a common value (on clicking a button). I expected the following code to work: Private Sub CLRALL_Click() Dim i As Integer For i = 1 To 7 CheckBox(i).Value = 0 Next i End Sub However, it brings up the following Error Message: Compile Error: Sub or Function not defined. The Help Menu is very unhelpful and I don't understand it. I have only been able to get my code to work this way: Private Sub CLRALL_Click() CheckBox1.Value = 0 CheckBox2.Value = 0 CheckBo...

2003 documents more compatible with 2000
I have created a large document in Publisher 2003 only to find that it will not open in Publisher 2000 at my college, this provides an extremely large problem for me as the deadline for the coursework is the 17th of December and i have no way of printing as i do not have access to an A3 printer anywhere. a patch to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated. slodgenut99 wrote: > I have created a large document in Publisher 2003 only to find that > it will not open in Publisher 2000 at my college, this provides an > extremely large problem for me as the deadline for the cours...

Exporting email addresses from Outlook
I have many large email groups set up in Outlook. Is there a way to export only a group and not ALL email addresses in my address book? -- Roger Explain what you mean. Outlook does not use groups. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Roger" <Roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A798E063-4F7B-44B6-86FD-9B627AFD4A2B@microsoft.com... >I have many large email groups set up in Outlook. Is there a way to export > only a group and not ALL email addresses in my address book? > -- > Roger ...

Help! Messages don't show up with email!
I receive the to, from, subject and time and date - but no messages show up in the preview pane! Can't access the actual mail at all! The folders where I store old messages, also corrupt! Can't access old messages either -- just the info lines above, no actual messages! I depend on these daily for all my business! I'm up a creek without a paddle! Help me please! Thanks in advance for your kindness! charnet1@optonline.net ...

my documents encrypts all new files
And I cannot turn it off! Also, I can't map the drive and store files in "my documents" because I get "access denied.." I have even set sharing to "everyone" full-control and set the same for security. I am convinced it is related to the "encryption on" setting fore "my documents." FYI, when I try to turn off encryption for my documents, I get a folder is "read only." When I turn off read only for the folder, nothing happens. FWIW, the "my documents" folder is displayed in green text, indicating that it...

Switch user 2003
I notice in 2003 office I cannot switch users.. let alone change options to pick a profile before it connects.... or can I? I have had no luck with this Control Panel->Mail Icon->show profiles. If you only have one profile, use the Add button to add additional profiles. If you have the option marked to always use this profile, you need to change it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching g...

Rule to save Email to file, Outlook 2000
I need to create a rule that automatically saves special incoming emails as text-files to the file system. I know it's possible to start an application for this event (which works), but I don't know how to get the email text within the application. Thank you very much in advance! Marc Dzaebel ...

Outlook 2007 loosing connectivity to Exchange 2003
Hi all! We have an Exchange server 2003 and Outlook 2003 and 2007 clients connecting to it. Most of our users are having laptops, and when then undock them, their LAN connection is closed, and WLAN takes over. This setup is working fine on Win XP + Office 2003. But those users having Office 2007 installed (on both Vista and XP) are experiencing that often Outlook looses connection, goes Offline having no connection to the Exchange server! Usually it helps to restart the machine, but sometimes not even that! We've tried a lot of things, repairing the profile, deleting the profile ...

remove vertical lines on left of received email documents
Emails I receive that have been forwarded have a vertical line on the left of the text and sometimes forces the text on the right off the page. How do I remove the line so that I can view and print the entire text? This is in Outlook You cannot always do this without disturbing the message or edit it in a HTML editor. One sure way of getting rid of it is by switching the message to Plain Text. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook....

Mailbox full sends message to senders
I notice that after configuring "storage limits": Prohibit send and receive at :100MB Every time I send a message to an user that has a full-mailbox, I get an automatic reply that advises that recipient has a full-mailbox. Questions is this, is it possible turn off such auto-notification that reminds that user's mailbox is full, and if so, is that recommended ? Exch2003SP1. Marlon, If you are asking if you can prevent non-delivery reports from being send when some one tries to send a message to a mailbox that is full the basic answer is no. This is by design as the mes...

Receiving error message when importing custom Report into CRM
I am receiving this message below when I am trying to import a custom Quote and Quote Sub-Report. An error has occured. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics Community for solutions or contact...... Once again this is a report that was downloaded, then modified and being brought back in. Thanks, Mike M. ...

Screen Blinks when I have Outlook 2007 Open
My Screen Blinks when I have Outlook 2007 Open and then open a write a New email. It only does this with New emails, not appointments of calendar, just New emails. ...

Outlook 2007 Calendar: Private by default
I ran into a scenario where a user was running Outlook 2007, and needed every appointment to be marked as Private by default. Because the form differs so much between Outlook 2003 and 2007, Microsoft's published instructions (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011456981033.aspx) do not apply at all to Outlook 2007. I had to figure this out on my own. Here is the procedure in case anyone out there needs this functionality: Outlook 2007: 1) Tools >> Forms >> Design A Form 2) Select Appointment, click Open 3) When the Form Designer comes up, look in the (All Fields...

How can deleted data reappear in a refreshed pivot table in Excel
I am using Excel 2003. I have a worksheet full of data and built a pivot table on another sheet (within the existing datasheet). Nothing too complicated. I updated my data by pasting new data over the top of the old data and updated my pivot table. The problem is that in the pivot table one of the fields still allows me to select on data that no longer exists in the data. More specifically, I have a column in the base data entitled "Vendors" and have approximately 20 different vendors that appear throughout the data. When I update my pivot table, in the vendor select...

Outlook 2007 local help does not work
Hi, i also have another machine that does not load local help or online help. The error dialogue for the local help is: "the file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel." thanks Paddy ...

can i save one value in a table but print a different value in a .
i want to save a value such as "wnl" in a table but print out a meaning in a report for example " well developed, well nourished in no distress" to decrease the amount of data stored for each patient. Access 2007 One solution is to create a lookup table with an ID field and a text field. Store the long text strings in this table, but only store the ID in the original table. Then use a query to produce the data by linking the two tables. "sheepsrn" wrote: > i want to save a value such as "wnl" in a table but print out a meaning in a > re...

Outlook 2002 hanging #2
My Outlook 2002 has recently started hanging up. It can either happen immediately when I start it, or hang during "send/receive", or even randomly after a few minutes of successfully starting. Then Outlook eventually becomes "Not Responding". Restarting the notebook doesn't seem to help any for me. Even starting in Safe Mode doesn't help, if I'm lucky and can even start in Safe Mode. Today it won't even let me start in Safe Mode. I usually see two Outlooks in the Windows Task Bar Applications screen when I have only hit the Outlook icon once. ...

how do I backup outlook 2000 signature templates?
I use several signature templates in Outlook 2000 and I am looking for a way to back them up. I recently lost most of them after having to reinstall Outlook... Thnak you, JG ...

Outlook 2003 Navigation Pane
Whenever I switch to Outlook Today, the Mail bar appears in the Navigation Pane. (Evidently this is the default) How do I change this, to, say, the Shortcut Bar? In other words, I want the Shortcut Bar displayed whenever I display the Outlook Today window. ...

Excel 2003 02-02-10
Is it possible to clear a range of cells so that it defaults back to template once the user clicks the button, below is code to attach the excel woorkbook in an email and once emails i want it to clear certain cells. Sub Mail_Button66_Click() 'Working in 97-2007 Dim wb As Workbook Set wb = ActiveWorkbook If Val(Application.Version) >= 12 Then If wb.FileFormat = 51 And wb.HasVBProject = True Then MsgBox "There is VBA code in this xlsx file, there will be no VBA code in the file you send." & vbNewLine & _ ...

some recipients receive blank e-mails
Hi, Occasionally recipients receive blank e-mails in their exchange mailboxes when the e-mail was sent from a PDA with MS mobile OS and active sync. Some recipients receive the original e-mail, but not all of them This is a header of the e-mail that is with blank body: Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat" Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft Exchange V6.5.7226.0 Content-class: urn:content-classes:message Subject: RE: Survey Callbacks Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 18:03:40 -0000 ...

Can web "page refresh" make the sql statemens execute?
Hello Community In my ASP.Net /C#/SQL Server application I fill my controls by executing a query (embedded sql in the application) that selects the data from an sql table. What command(s) will allow me to set it up so that the the user can both click a button and the web page refreshes the data? And set it up so tha the page automatically refreshes itself every 20 minutes? Thanks Jeff JB JB wrote: > Hello Community > > In my ASP.Net /C#/SQL Server application I fill my controls by executing > a query (embedded sql in the appli...

Exchange 2003 High Availability
I was curious if someone could point me in the direction on how I can setup our exchange servers in a way so that if one exchange server goes down the secondary/backup exchange can be used in its place and then when the primary is brought back up everything is in sync and works fine. is this possible with Exchange 2003? Also, is there a way so that mail for a domain could be delivered to an alternate server and held while a primary is down and then send the messages on to the actual server handling the users mailboxes after it is brought back online? Thanks, Paul your only optio...