which function is used when drag & drop to explorer, to create a legal filename ? #2

Hy to everybody ... and thx for your help.

 I have written a small tool to save my outlook E-mails to .msg files
 The filename of the .msg file is build on the SUBJECT of the mail
 But a lot of forbiden characters (for windows/DOS) could exist in this
 subject !
 Then I need to replace them by ... for exemple '_'
 I'm using the <replace> command in VB but ... sometimes ... a bad
characters
 continue to worry me.   ;-))

 When you drag & drop a mail from Outlook in the explorer, the "save" is
done
 with a good filename based on the subject of the mail but WITHOUT the
 forbiden characters !!!  Then I suppose it exist a function, in a DLL, or
an
 API .... to help me.

 Do you know it ?

 Regards,
 El.

0
elcrac (2)

More Columns #2

The opposite of the "sort" function
I have a list of alphabetically ordered data in a column. Is there a function for randomizing the order of these data? see http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/samplenoreplace.html In article <1174843249.583556.129830@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, lucavilla@cashette.com wrote: > I have a list of alphabetically ordered data in a column. > Is there a function for randomizing the order of these data? Exellent solution! thanks! Let's say your data in A1:A10 In B1: =RAND() copy from B1 to B10 Select A1:B10 > Data > Sort > Sort by select Column B > select As...

Creating a goal or target line
I am using a line graph to show my weekly percentages for the year. I have a goal of keeping these percentages below a specific value. I would like to have a line across my graph at that specific goal value so I can see which weeks have exceeded my goal percentage or have remained below it. Is there an easy way to do this? Also, if possible, I would like my data line to change color as it crosses that goal line. For example, the line would be black below that specific goal value, but when the line crosses that goal value it would turn red. Any suggestions? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/...

drag & drop: how to:
Hello, I have seen a database with a form with a control on it where user can drag & drop other files from desktop or other locations and the file was then saved into the database. Could someone give me some more deep explanation on how to implement this feature? Would this require other than VBA knowledge? Thanks, rocco Take a look at http://accessblog.net/2007/04/drag-and-drop-in-access.html also, if your simply google the term 'MS Access Drag and Drop' you'll get a multitude of website that talk about this very subject. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pin...

formula within IF function
How do I use a formula within the IF function? What I want to do is check if a number is less than or equal to an amount, calculate one thing, if it is not, calculate another. I tried this: IF(B21<=150,"=B21*E32","150*E32) But I only get text returned. Please help!! Thanks -- Shirley Try... =IF(B21<=150,B21*E32,150*E32) Hope this helps! In article <FB9680A4-1BB7-46AD-BF6D-0088535AE979@microsoft.com>, "Shirley" <Shirley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I use a formula within the IF function? What I want to do is check if >...

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Linking files 2 ways

Goal Seek #2

Contacts in Exchange #2

How to create an autonumber field?

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

IF FUNCTION #14
he following formula: =IF(B3=8,IF(B7=16,(B6*12/16)+(3*B8)+(4*B9)+(8*B10),(IF(B7=24,(B6*12/24)+(3*B8)+(4*B9)+(B10*8),0)))) Works well if the first condition B3=8 is met and returns the correct value. The problem is that when that condition is not met the formula returs FALSE, I want it to print 0. Every option I have tried has failed. The error always says to many arguments have been entered. Thanks in advance for any help. Have you tried =b6*12/b7 -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Gulfman100" <Gulfman100@discussions.microsoft....

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

How do you invoke the Let and Get class Functions
I have create classes with the Let and Get functions and now I would like to use these functions to store and retrieve data in the class which will then be put into a collection. Here is the class functions: Private pBusPart As Double Private pStartTime As Date Private pIndex As Integer '''''''''''''''''''''' ' BusPart property '''''''''''''''''''''' Public Property Get BusPart() As Double BusPar...