Which CRM ? Which Email Client?

Hello,

I have been using Outlook Express for years.   It is fast, simple, and
clean.  Now I need a CRM software, but the ones I looked at integrate with
Outlook (not express).  Outlook (not express) is confusing.  I do not know
what I should do.  Is Outlook 2007 much better than it's predecessor?  I am
contemplating salesforce.com, ACT, Goldmine, Miaximzer.  I hate to download
them, then spend the time to learn them, in order to find out which best
suits meets my needs.  Please share your thoughts with me.  Thank you very
much.

Best Regards,
T.I.

0
titani1 (26)

GoldMine is a program that runs on (and stores it's data on) your computer.

Salesforce runs in a web browser and your data sits on someone else's
server -- and you pay for this every month.

GoldMine has a great e-mail client.  It doesn't use Outlook.  When you send
or receive an e-mail to/from a contact, you can see it in your inbox but you
can aslo review e-mail history right on the contact's record.  If you have
multiple users, you can all see one another's e-mails with that client as
well.

Check this out:
http://www.frontrange.com/common/files/downloads/productdemos/smrm_demos/demo/default.htm

Gives you an overview (with a lot of marketing fluff, unfortunately) of
GoldMine features without you having to download and install a demo at
least.

--
Doug Castell
Castell Computers

"Talal Itani" <titani@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have been using Outlook Express for years.   It is fast, simple, and
> clean.  Now I need a CRM software, but the ones I looked at integrate with
> Outlook (not express).  Outlook (not express) is confusing.  I do not know
> what I should do.  Is Outlook 2007 much better than it's predecessor?  I
am
> contemplating salesforce.com, ACT, Goldmine, Miaximzer.  I hate to
download
> them, then spend the time to learn them, in order to find out which best
> suits meets my needs.  Please share your thoughts with me.  Thank you very
> much.
>
> Best Regards,
> T.I.

0
doug1513 (2)
3/31/2007 5:22:51 PM
I would beg to differ with Doug (for once!!)

The Goldmine email client is probably the worst I've ever seen.

The interface leaves alot to be desired in terms of visuals and seems too
cluttered to me.
My main gripe is that it's HTML rendering is absolutely awful.  I have found
countless email templates to break entirely in Goldmine yet work in every
modern web browser and other email client.  I have no end of problems
getting simple HTML functionality to behave correctly in Goldmine and the
way it strips out stuff it doesn't understand is just beyond me!!!  HTML
interpreters and parsers are deliberately written to ignore or regurgitate
stuff it doesn't understand (i.e. tags which aren't supported or are
deprecated) but Goldmine decides to physically strip these from the actual
code.

If you are only interested in plaintext emails, then it's quite capable but
for HTML and rich emails, I'd stay well away.

However that said, in terms of mailshots and such like, Goldmine does
provide quite a powerful system to send an email to multiple recipients
based on some criteria or simple send to a group i.e. Christmas eCard list.
Also the auto-filing of your emails so you can track communication with
particular customers or contacts is very good, if a little confusing.

However I still dislike the way Goldmine tries to handle email templates
exactly the same as document templates (i.e. word, excel etc).  You often
find yourself overwriting an existing template without realising it.

Goldmine does however integrate somewhat with Outlook (not outlook express)
so you can actually use Goldmine along with Outlook if you prefer.

Steve.

"Doug Castell" <doug@castellcomputers.com> wrote in message
> GoldMine is a program that runs on (and stores it's data on) your
> computer.
>
> Salesforce runs in a web browser and your data sits on someone else's
> server -- and you pay for this every month.
>
> GoldMine has a great e-mail client.  It doesn't use Outlook.  When you
> send
> or receive an e-mail to/from a contact, you can see it in your inbox but
> you
> can aslo review e-mail history right on the contact's record.  If you have
> multiple users, you can all see one another's e-mails with that client as
> well.
>
> Check this out:
> http://www.frontrange.com/common/files/downloads/productdemos/smrm_demos/demo/default.htm
>
> Gives you an overview (with a lot of marketing fluff, unfortunately) of
> GoldMine features without you having to download and install a demo at
> least.
>
> --
> Doug Castell
> Castell Computers
> Los Angeles, CA
> (310)601-4738
> http://www.castellcomputers.com
> ^^^ Tips, tricks, tutorials, how-to's etc. on GoldMine and surrounding
> technologies.
>

> "Talal Itani" <titani@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have been using Outlook Express for years.   It is fast, simple, and
>> clean.  Now I need a CRM software, but the ones I looked at integrate
>> with
>> Outlook (not express).  Outlook (not express) is confusing.  I do not
>> know
>> what I should do.  Is Outlook 2007 much better than it's predecessor?  I
> am
>> contemplating salesforce.com, ACT, Goldmine, Miaximzer.  I hate to
> download
>> them, then spend the time to learn them, in order to find out which best
>> suits meets my needs.  Please share your thoughts with me.  Thank you
>> very
>> much.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> T.I.

0
steve6042 (1)
4/2/2007 2:54:56 PM
One tip on your doc management center thing with accidentally overwriting
templates and such..  Refresh the left side of the doc management center
often -- whenever you make a new template or delete one, etc.  You'll see
the benefit.

--

"Steve Best" <steve@computime.co.uk> wrote in message
> [...]
> > ^^^ Tips, tricks, tutorials, how-to's etc. on GoldMine and surrounding
> > technologies.
> >

> > "Talal Itani" <titani@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I have been using Outlook Express for years.   It is fast, simple, and
> >> clean.  Now I need a CRM software, but the ones I looked at integrate
> >> with
> >> Outlook (not express).  Outlook (not express) is confusing.  I do not
> >> know
> >> what I should do.  Is Outlook 2007 much better than it's predecessor?
> > am
> >> contemplating salesforce.com, ACT, Goldmine, Miaximzer.  I hate to
> > download
> >> them, then spend the time to learn them, in order to find out which
best
> >> suits meets my needs.  Please share your thoughts with me.  Thank you

0
doug1513 (2)

Overall Feedback on CRM 3.0? Anyone Really Disatisfied? Or Satisfi
Hi, I've invested abotu $12K into the CRM software (including the CRM licenses, annual maintenance and Scribe software for GP integration). And we do not have anything working yet. I am wondering if we should proceed with the MS CRM or throw it away and go with some other software. The feedback I've received so far from various people is not good at all - basically lots of money to get something that doesn't work all that well. We are a very small business and we can't afford to throw any more money away. I am super concerned about proceeding further. We are only a 10-...

hiding sender address in Outlook emails
I don't want my email address to appear in the messages that I send to other people. How can I do this? tomsaar wrote: > I don't want my email address to appear in the messages that I send to other > people. How can I do this? This is not a pro-spamming newsgroup. "tomsaar" <tomsaar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBA59383-FB7F-417F-9ED8-850E2D4C7F6D@microsoft.com... >I don't want my email address to appear in the messages that I send to other > people. How can I do this? If this is a legitimate message, then th...

Client reboot every day at 3am
WIndows server 2003 clients configured Auto-update through WUSU server before. Just recently these servers reboot at 3am every night even removed from WUSU --AD intergrated. These servers were also reconfigured in registry --NoAutoUpdate ==Dword : 1. But there are still a few servers reboot at 3am . SUS clients ID were deleted from the registry but they always came back after reboot. Any advise ? [[ Right pew, wrong church - Forwarded to WSUS newsgroup (microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services) via crosspost as a convenience to OP ]] ginger wrote: > WIndow...

new emails
When I start a new email the text looks very small and hard to read but when I look at it in my sent folder it looks fine.... why? Have you checked your zoom level already? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/95 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Mike Bunting" <Mike Bunting@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:228BBE80-21D2-4ADF-9048-CFB6C9DA3E9...

My forms will not work with my email when I click submit.
Sending Form Data via E-mail, it will open up my Email but, the data is NOT contained in the body of the e-mail message. The e-mail address I entered for the ACTION attribute shows up. BUT NOT DATA IS CONTAINED IN THE BODY. ***************************** <FORM METHOD=POST ENCTYPE="text/plain" ACTION="pamjck@juno.com"> Name: <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="name"> <INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="submit button"> ******************************** why is my Email NOT working anymore and adding the data to the body of the e-mail ...

Watch/Ignore in email
What does the watch/ignore option mean in the email section? What does it mean when it says "this message is being watched" at the top of an email? Who is watching? If you're in outlook express - reading newsgroups for example - you can click the space underneath the eyeglasses and level with your message. this will change the colour to red (it does on mine). you can then sort your messages by clicking the eyeglasses at the top and the messages will be sorted showing the marked ones at the top of the page. This is very useful when you post to a newsgroup and don't want t...

Promoting and Outlook Email and Creating Contact
After reading an Email in Outlook I promote it to CRM. The author of the Email is not a CRM contact so their name appears in red. Clicking on the authors name, CRM gives the option of reconciling to another contact or creating a new contact record. When I select a new contact record, why doesn't CRM populate the name and Email address just like when you create a contact from an Email in Outlook? Why should I have to go back and look up the Email address from the Email itself to place in the CRM Contact record? I'd post that as a suggestion for future product enhancements. Ho...

Outlook 2003 Hangs on download of email
Upgraded to Office 2003 and since installing, junkmail mail hangs up on the server. I am forced to go to the ISP and delete the mail from that location. I have tried with the junkmail filter both on and off. Sometimes it hangs and just sends multiple copies of other messages that download prior to it getting to the offending junkmail. I had no problem with the Office XP version of Outlook. Comcast offers no assistance; and to top it off, the Microsoft support site does not recognize the product ID from my new office product. Any ideas out there? Thanks, Doug ...

Outlook 2007 CRM error
I get an error when starting Outlook that I have no CRM functionality, event ID 5897 shows up in the app logs with an autentication error message 0x8007002. Any ideas on what I should be looking for or how to fix this? ...

CRM integration with GP: BizTalk errors
I've completed the integration, but I'm getting 2 Biztalk errors. Any help or direction appreciated: APPLICATION ERROR: Event Type: Error Event Source: Application Error Event Category: (100) Event ID: 1000 Date: 8/24/2005 Time: 4:51:50 AM User: N/A Computer: NJBTS02 Description: Faulting application MSCIS.exe, version 3.0.2023.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.1830, fault address 0x000396d0. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Data: 0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat 0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ...

SP3 Problem
Ever since I installed SP3 for Office XP, I have been getting the following error - "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I get this error only when I use Word as my email editor. Hence what is happening is that Outlook thinks that Word is a rogue program trying to send unauthorized emails. My question is, is there a way to prevent this - a whitelist of programs for example? Ajit Disable the PDFMaker addin. (See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for details on how to do this.) "Aj...

Exchange Email Router CRM Server 2003 & Exchange 2000
Hi NG, I´ve installed CRM1.2 on Win Server 2003 - everythings OK - afterwards I installed the Email Router and followed the steps in IG. The problem now is that I could send mails but incoming mails are not in support queue or in CRM system anyway (answers to a crm mail guid included!) Is it possible to use Server 2003 and Exchange 2000? Thanks and Regards, Bernd Michitsch Yes, they are supported. Where are you sending those messages from? The router will only capture mail that comes in via the SMTP gateway, so it must come from the outside. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ------...

Sending an email to multiple contacts
As suggested by people on one of these newsgroups, I have abandoned Outlook's broken distribution list functionality to use this "Categorize" feature. So I now have my hundreds of individuals all categorized and I want to send an email to everyone in a certain category. I do not see any sign that this functionality is supported, in fact, it seems like Microsoft actually broke the functionality intentionally. I have created my email and have opened my contacts. I sorted based upon category, selected the items in the category and dragged those items to the "To.....

CRM v1.2 for MSDN?
We are a UNIVERSAL MSDN Subsciber which means we pay about $4000 a year to get the entire Microsoft Library. I have not seen CRM 1.2 in any of the updates which is very strange since I normally see them before any other subscription. Did I miss an update? I also notice on the MSDN downloads section they still only have v1.0 listed. Thanks! CRM 1.2 is only just shipping to partners etc. I would not expect it to appear on MSDN for a couple of months "MEI" <MEI@MEI.COM> wrote in message news:Of0KXo7sDHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > We are a UNIVERSAL MSDN Subsciber whic...

Why receive duplicated copies of every email?
Hi there, I have an Exchange 2003 server. Users are using Outlook 2003. There is one issue with one user's account. When he sends out emails from his Outlook 2003, some recipients sometimes receive two copies of every email. It doesn't always happen, but the majority. He is sending to recipients individually, not any distribution group. If I look at the Massage Tracking from the System Manager, it does show those emails are delivered twice. Any idea would be greatly appreciated, Ross Are they delegates for anyone else on the DL? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replie...

Outlook 2007 Delegate not receiving invite emails
One of my assistants is not always receiving meeting invites (on behalf of) from our clients even though the executive she supports has her as a delegate. They are both using Outlook 2007 on a 2007 exchange server. Any ideas or others having this trouble? ...

trouble with rule to permanently delete email by sender
I've been having difficulty with a particular person for some time who refuses to accept that I don't want to see her emails. Consequently, I have set up my outlook rule to permanently delete any email from this person. However, it appears the rules aren't working as I am continuing to get (at least some) emails. So every time I get another email from this person I right-click on it and set up another rule to delete email from that email address. When I look at all my rules, it looks like I now have 5 rules to permanently delete from this same email address. I assume t...

Set default "Sent Item Folder" when sending an email from Word
Hi i have 2 email account set up in Outlook 2007, on POP3 account and an IMAP account. Outlook is configured to store sent items in the Sent Items Folder of my IMAP account. When i send an email from Word 2007 (as an attachment) it is saved in Sent Items Folder of my POP3 account; it can be changed while in the email document, Options, and there changing the defualt Sent Item Folder to "default" (checked); once i do that the message is saved in the correct folder (IMAP account) otherwise it is saved in the POP3 account. Is there a way to set this option as defult? to h...

Potential Identity loss issue with hidden email addresses in Excel!
I received a spreadsheet attachment yesterday and found a mailto:(my address) embedded in a cell under a text string. It was evident in a tooltip that appeared when cell was hovered-over. I told the sender who now says that many of her spreadsheets - used to handle group memberships - have such hidden addresses. The sheet I received was a reworking in Excel (not sure which version) of one of mine that was from a fresh, new OpenOffice spreadsheet I had emailed earlier. No sign of the embedding in my OO 'sheet, whether viewed in OO or in Excel 2000. It seems to have crept in on her mach...

Can't send email to our domain...
Hi -- We have a client who says they can't send email to us. Can someone decode this message for me? I asked him for the bounced message: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: PBen@mydomain.com on 8/10/2005 8:02 AM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <IHA4.IHA-CENTRAL.local #5.5.0 smtp;553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large - on relay of: MAIL FROM:<Mike_O'Donnell@theirdomain.com>> sounds like h...

Outlook e-mail signature on CRM e-mail
When sending e-mail from a CRM form (contact or account) but also using the Outlook client, e-mails do not receive the user's Outlook signature. Is it possible to set user's signature to outgoing e-mail from CRM as well? I know it can be done on Exchange, but I wonder if there is a setting to enable CRM email receiving the signature (and not using a manual CRM template or installing a third-party add-on). -- CRM consultant Hi Daniel, This is not possible, but it's something our users are reqeusting as well (and in my opinion it's a real bummer that this isn't poss...

duplicate emails #21
I went on a 5 day vacation last week when I returned and checked my emails I have gotten apprx 40,000 so far it keeps repeating them, does anyone know how I can make this stop, for 3 days I have been dealing with this. Thanks ...

Emails donot go out from workflow
i'm trying to make a workflow rule but the emails the workflow doesn't continue and say " unexpected error occured "an error occurred attempeting to dispatch the email: could not connect to the host please help urgentl snaguib@hotmail.com This may seems like an obvious question, but can you send email from the CRM through the web interface? Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 12:11:07 -0700, "Nehad" <snaguib@hotmail.com> wrote: i'm trying to make a workflow rule but the emai...

Forwarding Sent Email
Hi, I am trying to find a function in Exchange Server 2003 which can allow a department's manager to be able to automatically receive a copy of email that his/her department's staffs sent. Unfortunately, I cannot locate this function in Exchange. If such option available, can someone tell me where to find it in Exchange? or else, is there any 3rd tools I can use to accomplish this? Thanks. On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 22:21:00 -0800, Alice <Alice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am trying to find a function in Exchange Server 2003 which can allow a >departm...

Email queued
My backend Exchange 2003 server (msx01) is sending some strange emails to front end server (owa01). These emails are stuck in a SMTP queue and are never delivered to destination account. As a result of that I get notification from Exchange Queue monitor that my queue is growing (false positive). I usually delete these emails from the queue once in few days. There are not more than 2-3 email per 2 days. When I go to the SMTP queue I can see the header of the email which looks like as follow: Message ID: <sda8762348723498dseqwe987129...> Sender: MSX01-IS@Domain.com Subject: Hierarchy Pri...