Where to setup receive frequency?

Outlook 2003 receives eMails automatically every  minutes.
Where do I change this receive frequency?

Sven
0
svenCx (13)

Hi Sven,

> Outlook 2003 receives eMails automatically every  minutes.
> Where do I change this receive frequency?

You can change this in the menu 'Tools' > 'Options' > tab 'Mail Setup' >
'Send/Receive'

Thomas Wetzel

Synchronize your Outlook
http://www.SynchPST.com

Backup your Outlook
http://www.BackupOutlook.com
0
wetzel1 (79)

OL won't auto send/receive
My OL 2003 won't auto receive. Tools, Options, Mail Setup, Send/Receive is set for every 2 minutes, yet it doesn't do it. Of course F9 does.... Any suggestions? Thanks LT 2 minutes is just nuts. It is difficult to determine why automatic polling is failing when you do not post your mail account type, connection type and polling settings. If automatic polling once worked and now fails, you also need to examine what changes were made to your setup before automatic polling stopped working. In general, here are the reasons automatic polling might fail in Outlook: 1. You have cre...

Payroll Setup GP 10
working with a client setting up Payroll module. Getting this message when linking an employee to a position. This Position Pay Code and Link doesn't exist Any suggestions on how to get around this? Thanks Kevin Do they have HR installed? Go to Tools >> Setup >> System >> HR Preferences and mark the option to Ignore Position/Pay Code Links. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Kevin" wrote: > working with a client setting up Payroll module. Getting this message when > linking an employee to a position. > > This Position Pay Cod...

Where messages disappear to when rules not setup correctly
Outlook 2002 I am trying to setup a rule for email that comes in to move to a certain folder also to notify me when it arrives. The rules displays can't copy to folder and notifies the mail has arrived. The problem is that I can't locate these emails after the rule runs. Where does it store these emails that it can't file? Thanks in advance. Normally in your inbox. "falcios" <falcios@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF6F7D75-1BC6-4856-8F40-3A3A4782502D@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2002 > I am trying to setup a rule for ...

Missing mail after VPN Outlook setup
Hi. Last week we setup VPN to be able to read mail from home (no OWA). After installing Outlook at home and connecting to the exchange server, and syncronizing the data I got all mail/contacts etc on my home computers Outlook. BUT, when I got to work the day after, my Outlook on the work computer was empty, no mails or nothing. Looking in the Exchange server at the mailaccount I can se that it contains over 1000 emails so they seem to still exist on the server. What could this be? Is there som configuration needed? Did you configure the home computer to deliver mail to a personal folde...

receiving (from some people) mails without body (and they are NOT spam)
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 with Spam Bully (and AVG as anti-virus - although got it with Norton AV too). From some people the mails I receive have no body text. The TO/FROM/SUBJECT is correct but the body is totaly empty. Checking with the senders shows (well they say :-)) that the mail they send was NOT empty. Any ideas what might cause this? dirk. I had a similar problem. I think it is due to some HTML tag. You will not have this when they send plain text email. Try setting Outlook to read all mail as plain text. "Dirk" <dirk@nospam_to_remove_ofcourse.woodsto...

Customers receiving multiple workflow emails
We have a workflow in place that automatically emails customers upon order creation. Customers are reporting multiple emails for the same order. I confirmed this through Exchange message tracking. This doesn't occur with all order confirmations...but it does occur with more than one customer and more than one domain. Has anyone else seen anything like this? How can I troubleshoot the Exchange router? This workflow has been in place for over a year and has just started doing this. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thank you. use the workflow monitor to try and track the instance...

Front-End/Back-End setup
Hello all: I have a front-end/clustered back-end setup, running Exchange server 2003 SP1 all around. I'm having the following problems: o Using OWA, on logout, I get presented with a username/password box again. I think this has something to do with permission and authorization settings on the HTTP virtual servers but I'm not 100% sure. Question: what are the default security settings for the Exchange HTTP directories or a pointer to them? o I've set up RPC over HTTP; I can connect directly using RPC over HTTP to the back-end but not to the front-end. All settings are ...

FAILED TO INSTALL MSI PART OF MISCROSOFT CRM SERVER SETUP UNSPECIFIED ERROR 800
While installing Miscrosoft CRM - installation fails with a reson FAILED TO INSTALL MSI PART OF MISCROSOFT CRM SERVER SETUP UNSPECIFIED ERROR 80004005 When i checked the event log these are the errors that i found. 1) APS Service starts and stops so none of the crystal report services like cristal_eventServer can regester with it. 2) Root server reported an error initilization failure reasion unable to connect to database using provided connection string ...... CRMCRYSTAL login Failed. source = crystal_crystalAPS any idea about this error any one Install iis before installin...

Change mortgage payment frequency in 2006?
The instructions in the KB article mentioned below to not work in 2006 - there is no "refinance" question on the account details screen. So how do you do it? TIA. >How to Change Loan Payment Frequency (266028) - When you first set up a loan in Microsoft >Money, you can choose from many payment schedule options, including weekly, biweekly, and >monthly. However, after you complete setting up the loan, you are unable to change the payment >frequency of the loan. >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;266028 ...

Unable to receive email in Outlook
Hi, I was infected by the Qhost Virus. I have installed the ie6 patch. I have win 2000. Outlook 2000. I am able to send email using Outlook. I am running IE 6, I have Mcafee firewall and virusscan online 5. even with mcafee uninstalled i have the same issue. I am connected with the internet using road runner. Tom Did you clean your system? Are you using McAfee version 7? Will you *never* open an unknown attachment again? When yoy say you can't receive mail, what error message(s) do you get? Please report the exact message. Also, you can try deleting and recreating your m...

Outlook 2000 hangs will sending/receive
Using Windows 2000 with Outlook 200 Problem: When sending e-mail the send receive progress hangs or takes an extremly long time to process. This happens regardless of e-mail size (test sends at less than 2KB in size) However, user can cancel the show progress and e-mail is actually sent. Tried solutions: reinstalled MicroSofte Office Professional ...

can't see received messages in inbox
Just set up outlook 2003. Have 3 accounts on different mail servers. Tested the sample message and they ran successfully. Now, when I send myself mail, can't see any received mail. It says it is receiving in the progress bar but nothing appears in the inbox. Nothing gets received even if I send it with outlook express, close it down and try to receive it with outlook. sidfleis wrote: > Just set up outlook 2003. Have 3 accounts on different mail servers. Tested > the sample message and they ran successfully. Now, when I send myself mail, > can't see any received mail. It...

Outlook 2003 hangs during receive
Hi folks, After an HD crash and subsequent fresh rebuild of Win XP and Office 2003 (both fully patched), I have found OL hangs every now again during a receive. The message is "Receiving 45B of 180KB" or similar. OL just sits there forever until timeout. I never had this issue on the old system; it's only since the rebuild a week or so back. I have tried removing my AV (first McAffe, then NOD32) and my spam filter (K9) but still no joy. I also tried deleting and recreating my profile. Messenger integration and the internal OL spam filter are both turned off. I have found ...

Microsoft CRM Server Setup Error
I received the following error during CRM 1.2 installation Microsoft CRM Server Setu Setup was unable to register the Service Principal Names (SPNs) of the Web Service (IIS) for the ASP.NET logon account:UNITEDSPINAL\crmadmin To fix this,manually add the SPNs once Setup is complete. For more information, see the Microsoft CRM Implementation Guide. Here is the application log error: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 02/10/2005 Time: 4:42:23 PM User: N/A Computer: APPS Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report -----------------------------...

how do i stay connected without having to click send/receive each.
i just want to be able to open outlook and have all my new mail there without having to click send/receive every time, i use outlook at work and its like that there, so much easier, please help thanks erm, what mail system are you connecting to? If it supports MAPI or IMAP4 then you can do this. If you are connecting to a POP3 account then no. "skitzo_frantik" <skitzo_frantik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67C58902-4855-430B-B881-74F86CA98FD0@microsoft.com... > i just want to be able to open outlook and have all my new mail there without > having to ...

Printer Using USB Port Slows Page Setup
Recently in Excel when I click on Page Setup or Print Preview, the response time slows to a crawl, as does every operation after that, like scrolling or adding rows or columns. I recently installed an HP Officejet Pro 8000, which uses a USB connection to an older Dell desktop. This printer replaced an HP Laserjet which used an LPT1 cable. Is the USB connection my problem? In article <89EB6D51-23CD-41EC-8DAD-648C74D1B04F@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-8?B?U3R1IEI=?= <Stu B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Recently in Excel when I click on Page Setup or Print Preview, the...

Receivables Summary Inquiry
GP 10 / SQL 2005 - When I look at the Rec. Summary Inquiry screen, there are the amounts listed under Original Amount and under Unapplied Amount. Wouldn't it be correct to assume (carefully) that the unapplied amount column should be zero, if all payments are posted and applied correctly ? Try running a Reconcile on the Current Debtor Information? Mick "Laura Anne" wrote: > GP 10 / SQL 2005 - When I look at the Rec. Summary Inquiry screen, there are > the amounts listed under Original Amount and under Unapplied Amount. > Wouldn't it be correc...

Receive before Send
I have just recently upgraded to Outlook 2003. Is it possible to configure Outlook to receive mail before sending mail in the outbox? Thanks. Bert Its possible to log into the incoming server before sending and this setting is on the outgoing server tab in the properties of the account! "Bert Whittier" <bertwhit@theworld.com> wrote in message news:cfviq6$6u9$1@pcls4.std.com... > I have just recently upgraded to Outlook 2003. > Is it possible to configure Outlook to receive mail before sending mail in > the outbox? > Thanks. > Bert > > ...

stop outlook/exchange from send/receive on connection
Hi, I have MS Outlook 2007 configured towork with the exchange server. The problem is that if i close outlook with a messange in the sent folder, outlook sends it as soon as i open outlook the next time with F9. The same thing happens in case I am on a wireless network and i get reconnected. Is there a way to stop outlook from automatically sending the mail while keeping the receiving channel open? I have already disabled the scheduled send/receive option. I will appreciate any help. thanks, -ab In news:erbgao$gha$1@emac1.ocs.lsu.edu, ab <abhi_nav@nospam.hotmail.com> typed: > ...

WinXP Setups
Can any user pinpoint the WinXP Professional RETAIL, OEM and UPGGRADE versions from these directories/partitions of a diisk. The directories are: XPHO > XPHR > XPHU XPM2 XPMC XPMI XPPC XPPO XPPR XPPU The logo files are one and same in each directory ie; "Windows XP" and the setup files refers to Windows XP. I am interested in i386 folder of the XP Professional version to update the Fax utility. The i386 folder is not on my hd. Any help would be appreciated. Clue XPHO = XP Home Oem AAH wrote: > Can an...

How do I stop the send/receive progress dialog box showing?
Just upgraded to XP Media Edition with Office 2003. Getting a bit peeved at the send/receive notification dialog box popping up every 10 mins to show me that the task has completed. How do I stop it popping up every time, never did in Office 2000! Wired wrote: || Just upgraded to XP Media Edition with Office 2003. Getting a bit || peeved at the send/receive notification dialog box popping up every || 10 mins to show me that the task has completed. How do I stop it || popping up every time, never did in Office 2000! Check the box that says "Don't show this dialog box during Se...

Auto assign Lot Numbers in PO receiving
Hi! Has anyone made a customization to auto assign Lot numbers upon item receipt? My client's lot number is numeric, they want the system to auto assign this. Any ideas? Thanks! -- Marisol Mortera Marisol, Yes indeed, I created one for a client. You probably will not be able to use it as-is because of some client specific functionality but I'm sure you could use this as a stepping stone. The key features were that it would allow for rapid lot number entry by a. Auto-incrementing the lot number - we had Alphanumeric lot numbers so we added a suffix and b. copy the previous lo...

Force check of POP3 accounts during send/receive
I have POP3 connector set up for all of my users to get emails from a secondary domain. It currently is set to check the remote mailboxes every 30 minutes. Is there a way to trigger checking that POP3 account when the users clicks send/receive. Any help is appreciated, CJ No, there isn't a way to do that. the lowest time setting is 15 mins. Perhaps that would be better than 30. "Curious Joe" <joebob.johnson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1164748900.617530.235070@h54g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I have POP3 connector set up for all of my users to get emails fr...

Can Setup EDC
Hello all, I have successfully been able to setup EDC on a single store. We are only testing it at this point, but was curious how the signature would work? It seems like for every credit card sale it should automatically print a receipt which they can sign, then it should printer another receipt if they choose to (for the customer receipt). My question is...how do we setup a signature receipt to print everytime there is a credit card sale? Your help is appreciated. Thanks! Eric - the receipt.xml file is configured to print the first page as a credit card signature page, then pri...

Setup eConnect with Great Plains Dynamics 7.0
Hi I want to use eConnect with Great Plains Dynamics 7.0 for an ecommerece website. I have read in the great plains documentation that it can be used with web store fronts selling products. The thing that I could not find was how to get the eConnect API? So my questions are: 1. Where can I find the eConnect API code for evaluation? 2. Is it supplied with Great plains 7.0? 3. Do I need to buy it from somewhere? 4. What is the price of eConnect for Great plains 7.0? Please explain or provide a link that can explain and answer these questions. Thanks. ...