Where to find Business Contact Manager?

Hi all,

I have a network with Small Business Server 2003 and I
installed Office Pro 2003 on the clients (I think the
Outlook 2003 was installed as part of the client setup
from the server).

How do I get BCM?

Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

I don't believe you can use BCM if you're using Exchange....corrections
welcome. What is it you're trying to use in it? There may be other/better
options...

Dave wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a network with Small Business Server 2003 and I
> installed Office Pro 2003 on the clients (I think the
> Outlook 2003 was installed as part of the client setup
> from the server).
>
> How do I get BCM?
>
> Thanks

0
lanwench (7567)
1/6/2004 3:33:38 PM
There is an update that allows you to use BCM with
SBS2003 it can be found at

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?
FamilyId=EAB86AF5-1F5E-4EF3-9691-
90F9B870B9B6&displaylang=en

I downloaded it and tried to install, but said the
application cannot be found, which I believe leads back
to BCM not being installed somehow.

I am really trying to find a system to help a small
business office track and manage customer and potential
customer contacts files etc.  Calls made, stuff sent...

I have an old copy of CRM that I believe was for 2000 or
XP.  Any ideas?

Thanks so much.

0
anonymous (74722)
1/6/2004 4:17:25 PM
Dave,

I can't really help with the technical questions here ... I don't have
have these systems.  I am using BCM though (it was found on it's own CD
in the Office 2000 Professional Upgrade that I purchased in Oct 2003).

I will offer the information that BCM is a single-user application.  If
you are trying to put this into a small business, they may have
expectations of multiple people sharing the database across the network.
I'm pretty sure (correct me if I'm wrong please) that this won't work
with BCM.  It runs on a MSDE database on the local workstation
independant of any Exchange or SQL Servers.

Dave wrote:

> There is an update that allows you to use BCM with
> SBS2003 it can be found at
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?
> FamilyId=EAB86AF5-1F5E-4EF3-9691-
> 90F9B870B9B6&displaylang=en
>
> I downloaded it and tried to install, but said the
> application cannot be found, which I believe leads back
> to BCM not being installed somehow.
>
> I am really trying to find a system to help a small
> business office track and manage customer and potential
> customer contacts files etc.  Calls made, stuff sent...
>
> I have an old copy of CRM that I believe was for 2000 or
> XP.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks so much.

0
rmschne1 (174)

Copying contacts?
Hi I am trying to copy my Contacts to an other PC using flash memory. For some reason no success? I seam to copy a lot extra on top of Contacts and therefore cannot proceede to the end of the .pst import wizard. Are there instructions to do that? Thanks Kalevi Yes. Never export or import. Copy the Contacts into a PST file. Open that PST file in the other installation. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Kalevi" <kale@woodworld.fi> wrote in message news:dpakkj$aru$1@nyytiset.pp.htv.fi... > Hi > I am trying to copy my Contacts to an other PC using flash memory. For &...

Business Portal
BP 3.0 I am trying to set up our Business Portal to be as easy as possible for our sales team. One of the requests they have made is the ability to find out WHAT PO is COMMITTED to the SPECIFIC line item in an order. Similar to actually looking at GP Sales Transaction Entry window where it gives an icon to show that the item has been purchased, what PO it's been committed to. I have spent hours trying to make this happen. Has anyone else been able to do this? If so, I would appreciate detailed steps. Thank you ...

Importing contacts to Outlook XP
I need to be able to export Contacts from one outolook profile to another one. But, when I do so instead of replacing the ones that are old, it creates another one. So my question is: What does Outlook considers when it replaces the contact list that you import with the one that is already there? Even when i select "Replace Duplicates with item imported" still creates a double contact with the new information. Any help really apreciated! ...

Preveting the business fax appearing as a contact
When I select a name to send an e-mail to, I type in part of the name, press Alt K and the contacts matching that partial name appears. Unfortunately, it gives me two choices for anyone with a fax number. I don't fax from e-mail. Short of modifying the details for hundreds of contacts, is there a way to turn off this "feature" so fax contacts aren't showing up? Thanks No. Outlook considers fax numbers to be valid electronic addresses, since there are many client- and server-based components that can use such addresses. One method to hide fax numbers from the address b...

private contacts moved to GAL DL's
I have a user who has many DL's in her private contacts, she wants to make them public in the GAL, what is the best method for this? We are using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000. TIA, Nurv ...

Looking for a quick way to create a bunch of labels for annual mailing to diverse contacts
Using Office 2004 (11.2), I have numerous contacts that are part of diverse categories (some have not been categorized yet) I would like to create mailing labels for the annual calendar mailing. As of now I figured out how to select a large number of contacts & mark them as part of the annual card category (Command & click) and go to Word's Data Merge Manager where select the main document & then the address book as a data source. I went to Query Options and selected the category that fits (annual card). Now what? ...

How do I find a value on a line?
I made a line graph of data to use as a calibration. I know the y value and I want to find the X value. Is there a way that I find find this specifically on the line without using a trendline formula or guessing by looking at the gridlines? The only way to find a specific value is to use the formula. Rgs, Bou If you can accept piece-wise linear interpolation, see Interactive Chart http://www.tushar- mehta.com/excel/software/interactive_chart_display/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity s...

Managing Exchange 2000 with 2003 MMC System Management Tools
Hello, I am currently setting up a Windows 2003 Terminal Server with It management applications, but I found out that Exchange 2000 Systems Management Tools can't be installed on Windows 2003. So I was curious; can you use Exchange 2003 MMC Snapins against a Exchange 2000 server? If so, are there any gotcha's? OR Is it possible to install Exchanage 2000 System Management Tool on a Windows 2003 server - Is there like a work around on this? Help is appreciated. Thanks! I have been using Exchange 2003's ESM MMC snap-in to manage Exchange 2000 servers for some time and I hav...

Comments entered on Task Updates to Manager: Where does it get sto
There is a checkbox option on the My Tasks page for team members to select and send comments about task updates to their managers. Anyone know where these task comments can be reviewed other than when the PM opens it up to approve? It does not seem to be retained anywhere like the Notes get retained. Hi Kahuna, PM can see the comments with Approvals -> Task Updates -> Go To -> Applied Requests and Errors, clicking on the task name. The approval history is listed there including comments. A team member can see them with clicking in the task name in 'My Tasks&#...

How do I activate the trial exel 2003 program if it does't find c.
My Browser works good but the activation window does't find conection You need to talk to your ISP. Connection problems are in their domain. I have the free trial version. I have used it freely for a month. My SBC/Yahoo DSL connected fine, however at one time I was using Earthlink dial-up. That connection service was terrible. I live in a small town close to Detroit, and had to connect to the closest major city to go on-line. If you don't get good service, try another ISP. "Dolores Dueck" wrote: > My Browser works good but the activation window does't find c...

Help need for .net assembly in Workflow manager
A simple code (given below) creates a task thro' .net assembly . I invoked this code via console application & found that it is running fine. It is creating task in CRM successfully. The problem is : when I included it in Work flow manager, it displays that "task completed" in workflow monitor but it is not creating a task in CRM . using System; using System.IO; using TaskCreation.CRMWeb; namespace TaskCreation { /// <summary> /// Summary description for Class1. /// </summary> public class Class1 { public Class1() { // // TODO: Add construc...

adding same note to a group of contacts
As we know there is no histroy in CRm, can not see what has been done to contacts in past or what changes have been made. So if I whated to add the same note to a group of contacts such as : email jhfahf sent on afjak" how would I do it. Or is it just not possible. Alison, Well, you could mess with workflow and stubs do get a kludgy solution - or you could just buy VAST, the ISV add on that solves this problem, and shows you all of the historical change made to CRM! (Please excuse blatant sales pitch - but I don't get such a good leading question too often!) Dave ------...

Entourage not showing all contacts with MS/Exchange Online
Hi, I have a user who has over 2000 contacts being shown on Outlook Web Access, but when looking at the contacts folder in Entourage it only shows 419. She's reconfigured the application through the single sign on client and emptied the folder cache on her contacts folder. I see it downloading 2000+ but it still only shows 419 contacts. I've called MSOnline but they didn't have much help other than the steps I've taken. Anyone familiar with this type of issue, or familiar with MAC's in general? ...

Conditional Formatting
Hi I need some help with conditional formatting. I'm trying to highlight those cells which have a plus sign in them. Can someone help with the formula to enter into the conditional formatting dialogue? Grateful for any assistance. Best Wishes Hi Colin if the Plus sign + is part of a text string Select the column range first then =FIND("+",A2:$A$160) change the range to your needs. If the + sign is alone in the cell, you don't need a formula, just select > Cell value is > then select Equal to> and type the plus sign in the third box. H...

Contact lists from Excel
I imported my contact list from Excel, it worked just fine. But when I create a Distro list using my contact list, when I select add members nothing shows up in the window. ??? Can someone please help? Is the contact folder marked as an address book? Right click on the folder, select properties and then ensure the Address Book tab is checked to show up in contacts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Jim Panzee <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I impor...

Cannot view vendor list on Business Portal
I try view the vendor list on purchasing center Page, but show this message "An error occurred while retrieving data from Microsoft Dynamics GP. Administrator, see the server log for more information" ...

Reverse Find and Replace ?
Hi, I'm wanting to Reverse find and replace a particular character in a Powershell string. e.g. reverse find "b" in "abcabc" and replace with "d" to give "abcadc". Could someone please advise how this could be achieved ? Thanks, Patrick Sorry - also should have stated that just the first instance of a particular character should be replaced. On Jan 8, 11:23=A0am, Patrick <prynh...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I'm wanting to Reverse find and replace a particular character in a > Powershell string. =A0e.g. r...

Installing mailbox manager in Exch 5.5
I am trying to install Mailbox Manager in Exchange 5.5 and I keep getting the error "unable to install MBClean99 admin extension" during the install. Then the install fails. I cannot get past this. I am logged in as the exch service account and it definately has permissions to write to the "add-ins" directory. I have exch 5.5, sp4 on win2000 member server. thx, Clay Hilton http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843495 On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 22:42:36 -0500, "Clay Hilton" <chilton@jam.rr.com> wrote: >I am trying to install Mailbox Ma...

finding a result
Is there something in Excel that you can compare contents of one Excel file with another file and output the differences? Myrna Larson and Bill Manville have developed a compare that's very nice. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/whatsnew.htm look for compare.xla But the bad news is that this does a cell-by-cell comparison. A1 compares to A1, x99 to x99, etc. If you insert/delete a row or column, then this won't work very well. Sam wrote: > > Is there something in Excel that you can compare contents > of one Excel file with another file and output the > differences? -...

Contact "Look for" won't bring up contact
Hi, we seem to have a groups of contacts that can only be located through an "Advanced Find" but not through the "Look for" finder. When they do come up in "Advanced Find" they're not editable. What could cause this? Thanks, Ken KPR, When you do a Quick Find (Look For) search in CRM, only Active CRM Records (records that have a Status of "Active") will be displayed in the Search Results view. When you search for records in the Advanced Find it will return all CRM Records (with a Status of Active and Inactive). It appears that all of the con...

How to purge all the Integration Manager log tables?
I went through and purged all the log files from Integration Manager using the procedure outlined in the IM User's Guide. However, after I was finished I looked at the tables in the im.mdb Access database and noticed that the following tables still have quite a few records in them: LogDocumentActivity LogActivity LogDocuments The Log table was empty, which makes sense since I purged all the logs. However, these other tables seem to have retained their records. Is there a way to purge these tables, too? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 B...

Keeping my computer busy
Hello Frnds, I need ur help here... Do we have a loop function with which I can keep my excel busy and my computer busy....when I am not at my desk...a small simple loop function in excel Thanks in advance Vikram -- Vnagpal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Vnagpal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15104 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=491960 How about Sub loopit() Do Until Range("A1").Value = 2 Range("A1").Value = 1 Loop End Sub Gord Dibben Exc...

Unable to find FrxClient.cfg file, when applying FRx service pack.
When I try to apply a services apck for my FRx client i got this error " Unable to find FrxClient.cfg file. Setup cannot continue if this file is corrupted or not found. Setup will abort now." Please help! ...

Communication with the underlying transaction manager has failed
Hi! I´ve an appplication which uses transcation in com+ to communicate with an remote sql server database. This works fine on my windows 7 x86 "appserver", but on another station using Windows 7 x64 it fails with the message below. I don´t now if it has something to do with x86, x64. When saving to the database I got: System.Transactions.TransactionManagerCommunicationException was unhandled by user code Message="Communication with the underlying transaction manager has failed." Source="System.Data" StackTrace: at Syst...

CRM Contacts
I had a user complain about this issue, does an answer/explanation jump out at anyone? Had issue where CRM sent all CRM contacts into his personal Outlook (he has since deleted them and backed up his actual contacts from his Palm Pilot) Thanks, Boolean1 Boolean1@comcast.net In one of the SFO folders, say Accounts, select Tools/Options. At the bottom of the screen the last section is titled "Create Microsoft CRM Items in my default Outlook folders". If you uncheck the Contacts box then next time you go offline contacts will not be copied from CRM down to Outlook contacts. T...