Where to change my own internet adress in "FROM:" field?

I am using Outlook 2003 with Exchange server.
My own eMail address is presented to recipients as

Aaaaa.Bbbbbb@ccccccc.com

Note: mixing of capital and lower letters

I want my email address completely changed to lower letters:

aaaaa.bbbbbb@ccccccc.com

Where in Outlook can I change this?
or is this a setting in Exchange Server ?

Joe
0
joeking (6)

This is a setting in ADUC/Exchange. I would guess that everyone is set up
with the same format throughout the company.

--
Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"Joe deAngelo" wrote:

> I am using Outlook 2003 with Exchange server.
> My own eMail address is presented to recipients as
>
> Aaaaa.Bbbbbb@ccccccc.com
>
> Note: mixing of capital and lower letters
>
> I want my email address completely changed to lower letters:
>
> aaaaa.bbbbbb@ccccccc.com
>
> Where in Outlook can I change this?
> or is this a setting in Exchange Server ?
>
> Joe

0
KOrland1 (1012)

changing From: address with multiple accounts
Hello, I have multiple POP accounts coming into Outlook XP. I want to be able to send messages from any of those accounts by choosing (without having to go in and change the default account). Under Outlook 2000, this was a choice, but I cannot find it under Outlook XP. Am I missing something obvious, or is that a new feature? Appreciate the help. Thanks, Garrett When you click on Reply/Forward/New Mail Message etc you should see an Accounts button on the toolbar to the Right of Send "Garrett Thompson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c0b01c...

Change From: and Reply To: headers?
I think that I know the answer to this one. I subscribe to mailing lists and always use a different email address for each list - all are in the format of <list name>@bryananderson.co.uk. This enables me to easily filter lists into folders and also to see where my email address is being picked up for spam. I do the same when I sign up for anything online or order anything online. All these emails come to the same POP3 box, so checking the one box will download all the emails to all the addresses. So - how can I edit the from: and reply to: fields on a per-email basis? I really don'...

from: field won't go away
Hi, I have a problem with my outlook - I have two accounts set up, one is with exchange and the other is with pop3. All of a sudden all of my emails default with the from: field on and filled in with my exchange name. This is a problem because any mail I send through my pop3 account is telling people to reply to my exchange account which I do not want. I can clear out my name there and everything works, but thats a pita, I want that to be off like it was before. I checked my other computer and it works fine, so its something local to my machine. I also tried deleting my email profile and ...

Change default value of From: field
Hey all, Is there a registry hack or something similar that can make my default 'from' address something other than my primary address? I can easily type the alternate address in for every email but that's a huge pain. Any help is much appreciated. What type of email account? If IMAP or POP3, no hack needed - change it on the Account settings dialog. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.o...

Empty From: field
Hi. We use a exchange 2003 server and I have notice that my outlook 2003 client behaves strange if the From tag in the header looks like this; From: �� <sender@domain.com> I�ve hooked up Thunderbird and it shows the From field as I think it should, instead of a blank from field it shows sender@domain.com If the header looks like this; From: sender@domain.com or like this; From: �name� <sender@domain.com> it works just fine. The problem is the first example� Any ideas? Cheers Jonas Jonas <barre@gargamel.nu> wrote: > We use a exchange 2003 server and I have notice th...

Where to change my own internet adress in "FROM:" field?
I am using Outlook 2003 with Exchange server. My own eMail address is presented to recipients as Aaaaa.Bbbbbb@ccccccc.com Note: mixing of capital and lower letters I want my email address completely changed to lower letters: aaaaa.bbbbbb@ccccccc.com Where in Outlook can I change this? or is this a setting in Exchange Server ? Joe This is a setting in ADUC/Exchange. I would guess that everyone is set up with the same format throughout the company. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Joe deAngelo" wr...

How to change owner (From:) of a public folder, newsgroup post
How do I change the Owner or From: for a newsgroup post. This is a post in an Exchange 2003 public folder of type newsgroup. The posts in question are from a generic user account and I need to change it to the specific user. I tried by opening the post, choosing Edit menu -> Revise Contents, and changing the From: to the new person. But it would not save, and if I reposted it would keep the original user (poster) in the From: field (and of course it also changed the post to the current date/time). I have tried this method, to no avail, using the original user, and two different a...

I can't see field From:
Im have a user A that should send emails with "send From:" user B. But user A don't see field From on address field and on View/From to, and his can't add it. How could i make it visible? Wojtek I am using Outlook 2003 with Word as my e-mail editor and when I open a new message I can go to the drop down arrow next to Options on the menu bar and select From. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- BizApps Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications ...

NDR's generated with blank From: field
Exchange Server 5.5 IMS When a message is sent to a non-existant user the Non- Delivery report that is generated has a blank "FROM:<>" entry. This causes NDR's to break when the return server denies blank From addresses (which is common practice to combat spam). Is there a method to force Exchange to use a particular address as the "From:" address? <> is commonplace for the from address on an ndr to prevent looping. Blocking mail with a null sender is usually not an option unless you don't want your user base to receive any ndr's. -- regar...

"Sendmail Default User" in FROM: field. Why is this?
When I get mail from certain people it comes across with "Sendmail Default User" in the FROM field. An example of the first lines of the email are: content-class: urn:content-classes:message MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Subject: test X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft Exchange V6.0.6249.0 Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 07:21:37 -0500 Message-ID: <80CBAF54F3A419468214A497AE0CD6D211BBD9@s- mail-001.wancdf.com> Thread-Topic: test Thread-Index: AcNBXaZw1Y45nKxvQS6N04vf8bLsaA== If their are any attac...

Sending error 0x8000 4005, and my name not in From: field
Network admin, am stumped by recent issue with several co-workers. All using the same XP Pro OS install and Office 2K3 with current updates, but only 4 of us have experienced this problem: select a Distribution List to send a message to, but when message is sent, an immediate error is returned that the send failed. Error code given as '0x8000 4005.....'. Subsequent digging revealed that sent message did not have sender's name in 'From:' field, and our Exchange server never saw the message from the Outlook client (error internal to user's PC?) If all member a...

Outlook "from:" field
Does anybody know how to obtain "a new row" while writing a message under Microsoft Outlook I got To: CC: BCC: But I would love also to have From: as I got 3 email accounts configured in my outlook. Every email is sent out from "default" email account � I wish to have a choice from which email account I send out an email Thanx Marcin >Does anybody know how to obtain "a new row" while writing a message >under Microsoft Outlook > >I got >To: >CC: >BCC: > >But I would love also to have From: as I got 3 email accounts >configure...

"From:" Line Change
Before in Exchange 2000, the "From:" line for all incoming msgs will use the "Display Name" entry if the sender's e-mail address exist in the Global Address List. After upgrading to Exchange 2003, that funtionality does not exist anymore. Even if the sender's e-mail address exists in the Global Address List, this is ignored and the "From:" now line appears as per sender's own from line. How do I revert back to before? This change is for the better, because spammers and others would often spoof a valid address in your domain as the From addres...

From: field in OWA?
Is there a way, in OWA, to get the From: field while composing a new message so that you can Send As another user? It's an option in Outlook 2003, but darned if I can find where to get it to show up on a new message in OWA. Maybe OWA doesn't support this? On 11 Aug 2006 07:24:02 -0700, "Aaron" <Aaron.Smith@kzoo.edu> wrote: >Is there a way, in OWA, to get the From: field while composing a new >message so that you can Send As another user? It's an option in >Outlook 2003, but darned if I can find where to get it to show up on a >new message in OWA. ...

Using proper name in From: field...
Is there a way to configure Outlook so it uses the sender's full (proper) name as opposed to their e-mail name and address? I would like people to receive emails from my name not name@domainname Thank you, Alan Sorry. I figured it out. "Alan" <alanfreemond@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:qZUBe.2723$8y1.70@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com... > Is there a way to configure Outlook so it uses the sender's full (proper) > name as opposed to their e-mail name and address? I would like people to > receive emails from my name not name@domainname > > Thank...

Outlook 2007 filter on send by the From: field?
This seems simple, but I don't see how to setup a rule for the following. Background: I'm on an Exchange 2007 server using Outlook 2007 with rights to send as User2 (Options Tab -> Show From, click From... select User2) Problem: I want to filter messages after being sent, and if the From: field is User2 then move the message to the User2 mail folder. Tried: Check message after sending through the specified account (but only shows Microsoft Exchange) Any ideas ?! Thanks for any help, Cheers, Nathan Nathan H <usedvictoria@gmail.com> wrote: > Problem: > I want t...

Changing my From: address in WLM
When I reply to a mail message with WLM (received and sent through my hotmail account) the mail is shown with the improper name as the sender. For awhile this name was my sign in password until I changed my password. When someone replies to my reply, the To: address is the incorrect one. When I place my cursor over that hyperlink name I get: 'mail to:' with my correct email address. I have no idea how this name gets there and can't seem to get rid of it. It doesn't show up anywhere in my contacts folder. Help Check your account settings. Alt + T, Accounts, ...

Nothing in the "From:" address field
With Outlook 2000 SP-3, I tried to reply to an email this afternoon. It stayed in the Outbox and would not be sent for about two hours. Twice I tried restarting Outlook with the same result. I tried a test message. Same result. Outlook crashed on me twice trying to send these two emails; the process "ended," leading to an application hanging error involving user32.dll. Finally, I removed the emails and sending/receiving works fine. But when I placed these offending mails in another folder to store, I noticed there was nothing in the "From:" address field in either; if you t...

Can Ex change FROM: address?
We would like anyone to be able to write to one email address, but then have Exchange forward all mail to another address, but change the FROM: address for us. It's going to an app that needs all mail to come from the same address. Eg anyone can write to test@abc.com, and we want Exchange 2003 to forward it on to results@abc.com and have the FROM: address that results gets to be FROM: input@abc.com Thanks, Neal Set test@abc.com and input@abc.com as a secondary addresses on the results@abc.com mailbox and then use this: http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml Nue "Neal&q...

Using "From:" field sending email through Exchange, or setting reply address differently
Hi, On new test setup of Windows Small Business Server 2003, I am trying to send email from Outlook 2003 through my Exchange Server, currently all settings are defaults. But the email that is sent to an external POP3 address has the From: field set to "user1@smallbusiness.local". My problem is the recipient cannot reply to this email with this internal address. :( (This is my first time using Outlook with Exchange type account). I thought that I can use the "From:" field when composing in Outlook so I have a "reply to:" of an external POP3 email address. But any...

How can I change the From: field ?
Sorry for stupid question, but: How can I change the From: field in my Microsoft Outlook 2003 account? User has account in Active Directory, Nicky, for example, the account is mail-enabled in Exchange 2003. So, the user has email address Nicky@domain.name, and his e-mails are shown with Nicky in the recipient's From: field. But the user wants that his e-mails would have field From: with Nicky_Boy :). I tried to change his Alias, Simple display name (AD, Exchange options) - without result. May be there are some options in user's Microsoft Outlook 2003 to change, but I didn't see t...