where the hell are my inbox messages???

Got new mic 2007.  cd worked striaghtforward.  Cannot get to see all my
messages its really strange it shows 3 messages from 2004...??.  Nothing from
2007!!!!! any ideas... looked at the tools for ''views'' nothing strange
there...

(can see all on hotmail)

I dont expect to buy new cd and have all this frustration!!!.
mircosoft has gone over the top now!!! this is tooooo complicated...   pls
help

Please explain clearly - not very bright!!!
0
Vero (3)

What do you see when you look at Tools - Account Settings - Data Files? Is
the pst file listed the same one you were using prior to upgrading? Are you
missing only e-mail? How about Contacts or Calendar? Is that data there? Are
you able to send/receive new messages OK?

You said "can see all on hotmail"...what does that mean? Where can you see
"all" on hotmail, the Hotmail web site or in Outlook?

Tim

"Vero" <Vero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Got new mic 2007.  cd worked striaghtforward.  Cannot get to see all my
> messages its really strange it shows 3 messages from 2004...??.  Nothing
> from
> 2007!!!!! any ideas... looked at the tools for ''views'' nothing strange
> there...
>
> (can see all on hotmail)
>
> I dont expect to buy new cd and have all this frustration!!!.
> mircosoft has gone over the top now!!! this is tooooo complicated...   pls
> help
>
> Please explain clearly - not very bright!!!

0
Tim
6/27/2007 9:52:49 PM
Hi.
Yeah - with hotmail (i can use this ok) thats all I meant.

sorry - what is pst??..  (do you mean outlook - if yes - yes.

I cant see contacts, or latest email.    I think I am able to send
messages...(not tried yet though - (I will have a go tongiht .. )

You ask about tools - account settings - for this information I will have to
wait until i get home tonight ....  will tell you then.....

regards

"Tim" wrote:

> What do you see when you look at Tools - Account Settings - Data Files? Is
> the pst file listed the same one you were using prior to upgrading? Are you
> missing only e-mail? How about Contacts or Calendar? Is that data there? Are
> you able to send/receive new messages OK?
>
> You said "can see all on hotmail"...what does that mean? Where can you see
> "all" on hotmail, the Hotmail web site or in Outlook?
>
> Tim
>
> "Vero" <Vero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Got new mic 2007.  cd worked striaghtforward.  Cannot get to see all my
> > messages its really strange it shows 3 messages from 2004...??.  Nothing
> > from
> > 2007!!!!! any ideas... looked at the tools for ''views'' nothing strange
> > there...
> >
> > (can see all on hotmail)
> >
> > I dont expect to buy new cd and have all this frustration!!!.
> > mircosoft has gone over the top now!!! this is tooooo complicated...   pls
> > help
> >
> > Please explain clearly - not very bright!!!

0
Vero (3)
6/28/2007 11:22:07 AM
Well...you didn't answer the question about hotmail. Are you using Outlook
to send/receive messages to/from your hotmail account? But that's probably
not relevant here.

If you don't know what a pst file is, then that is the answer to your
problem. The pst file contains all of your old messages (received and sent),
contact information, task list entries, calendar entries...everything. To
get your old messages and contacts you have to have the pst file (it's
usually named "outlook.pst" but you can name it anything you want...as long
as it has a "pst" as the extension) that you were using prior to your
upgrade to 2007. Once you located the pst file, you have to go to Tools -
E-mail Accounts - Data Files and add it.

There are plenty of web sites that show step by step how to setup Outlook. I
suggest you start with the web site of your ISP. Many of them have pages
with pictures that show how to configure Outlook for their service. Since
you will need their special settings (POP3 server name and SMPT server name)
it's best to get it from your ISP if you don't know what they are already
(and I suspect you don't). Good luck.

> Hi.
> Yeah - with hotmail (i can use this ok) thats all I meant.
>
> sorry - what is pst??..  (do you mean outlook - if yes - yes.
>
> I cant see contacts, or latest email.    I think I am able to send
> messages...(not tried yet though - (I will have a go tongiht .. )
>
> You ask about tools - account settings - for this information I will have
> wait until i get home tonight ....  will tell you then.....
>
> regards
>
> "Tim" wrote:
>
>> What do you see when you look at Tools - Account Settings - Data Files?
>> Is
>> the pst file listed the same one you were using prior to upgrading? Are
>> you
>> missing only e-mail? How about Contacts or Calendar? Is that data there?
>> Are
>> you able to send/receive new messages OK?
>>
>> You said "can see all on hotmail"...what does that mean? Where can you
>> see
>> "all" on hotmail, the Hotmail web site or in Outlook?
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> "Vero" <Vero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Got new mic 2007.  cd worked striaghtforward.  Cannot get to see all my
>> > messages its really strange it shows 3 messages from 2004...??.
>> > Nothing
>> > from
>> > 2007!!!!! any ideas... looked at the tools for ''views'' nothing
>> > strange
>> > there...
>> >
>> > (can see all on hotmail)
>> >
>> > I dont expect to buy new cd and have all this frustration!!!.
>> > mircosoft has gone over the top now!!! this is tooooo complicated...
>> > pls
>> > help
>> >
>> > Please explain clearly - not very bright!!!

0
Tim

Deleted items keep reappearing in inbox
When I delete items, they reappear in my inbox as new messages, and are duplicating. (If I delete message once it comes back as 2 new messages) I tried to empty deleted items manually, this didn't work. I notice as they come in the little notifyer window has a red flag next to the message. I now have heaps of duplicates. If I delete 2 duplicate messages it comes back as four! Help! clix4free <clix4free@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I delete items, they reappear in my inbox as new messages, and > are duplicating. (If I delete message once it comes back as 2 new...

Corrupted message

Error message
I always get and error message when signing on to my email account. It says check the box for details, but there are no error messages or codes in the box. How do I correct this? Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. =20 One way to fix this problem is to upgrade to Windows Live Mail: http://download.live.com/wlmail=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:8182F8DB-1691-4D30-9A27-...

Mon Inbox est vide
Bonjour, j'ai ouvert ce matin mon Outlook Express, � ma grande surptise, mon inbox �tait vide. j'ai recherche le inbox.dbx, il a une petite taille. O� sont partis mes messages? pri�re de m'aider? J'avais le meme probleme l'autre jour et je suis egalement=20 stupefait. Si tu as recu une reponse de quelque part, je=20 suis tr=E8s interess=E9! Merci! >-----Original Message----- >Bonjour, >j'ai ouvert ce matin mon Outlook Express, =E0 ma grande=20 surptise, mon inbox >=E9tait vide. >j'ai recherche le inbox.dbx, il a une petite taille. O=F9=20 sont p...

message vault
does anyone know of a web interface app/server side app like this product? -> http://www.comaxis.com/mv.htm we like the product but it is for each individual user and we would need multiple user access, and preferable from a web interface. ...

new error message whern closing out of Money 98
New problem lately., When after I finished editing the money 98 program, , when I go to exit , ( the program is set to backup with out reminding), I get a small error box that pops up that says: " This operation cannot be performed." If I set the backup to navigate to individual folder on C: drive, it then wants me to save to a differant name, so therefore I have two files, in there one called '07 and the other called 07a'. BUT the 'save' button of backup with reminding me will save the backup to both files., one about a few seconds earlier than the other. No...

Messaging Subsystem Spooler Error message
My Outlook mail is forzen. i cannot send or receive messages. The error message reads: Messaging Subsystem Spooler. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? I'll throw my hat into this ring as well. Outlook has been working fine for months/years. And then for no apparant reason (don't know what the wife did in my absence) it stops functioning with the message "Microsoft Windows (TM) messaging subsystem spooler has encountered a problem and needs to close" I'm running Outlook 2000 with Windows XP. Funny thing is that Outlook Express continues to work fine ...

Message attachment in outlook
When i save a message to one file (*.msg) and attach this file to one new message, the attachment icon label will display the subject in attached message, but other type of file attachment, the attachment icon should be same as the file name. Hi everybody, can i attach the message file and the icon label display the message file name in outlook? Thanks for assistant. ...

Express hangs on message 17
Mail downloads just fine from Outlook. But my Outlook Express continually hangs downloading message 17. I've gone into server and deleted message number 17, but it still hangs on what should be a new message #17. Messages being downloaded are all a yahoo group I haven't had previous problems with downloading. Thanx. This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Ex...

Can I send a message from one session to another session?
I have two databases: One contains only tables (tables.mdb) and the other all queries, forms, modules (interface.mdb). When a user opens interface.mdb he can't do anything unless he links to the tables in a tables database or creates one (which is automatically opened/linked.) I need to be able to send a message from one session of interface.mdb to another session of it. Let me clarify: The databases are for managing tasks. Mr. Manager has one session of interface.mdb open on his machine. Simultaneously Mr. Employee has another session of interface.mdb open. Both users are linked to...

Error Message #4
When I open Excel I get this error message: "Compile Error in Hidden Mode AutoExecNew" and get this one when I close Excel: " Compile Error in Hidden Mode. DistMon". How do I resolve this? Thanks, David See KB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 The PDFMaker.xla and maybe PDFMaker.dot are stored in your Office\XLSTART folder or in the Excel\XLSTART folder. Any files in these folders will open with Excel. You must remove them from the XLSTART folder. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 09:13:13 -0700 (PDT), DMD31842 <d...

Not able to access Contact list when composing a message
Hi, I recently recreated a new Outlook.pst file (thanks to one of you guys here) and am able to use Outlook again. However, when I am writing an e-mail and click on "To:", I get this message: "The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts Folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions." Any ideas?? I restored the content in my Contact list by synching it with a third party program and my online phone list (which had been created by exporting data from Outlook). I shoudl ...

Reserved error(-1524); there is no message for this error
We are upgrading to Access 2007. I can't seem to run a make table query without getting the error "Reserved error(-1524); there is no message for this error." What is going on? ...

Modify Message Box Cancel Button
Part of the code below brings up a message box letting the user know that they must press Add Incident button to save the incident. The problem I’m having is when the Cancel button is pressed it behaves the same way the OK button. The OK button works properly. I would like the Cancel to return user to the form so that information may be re-entered. How do I modify the code to make that possible? _____________________________________________________________________ Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If Me.NewRecord Then Dim strWhere As String Dim varResult As Vari...

Printing a Html message

How to Display Message after the completion of OS task in EXCEL.
Hi, I am using a VB script in order to perform Operating system task vi EXCEL. The routine, which is written in Excel VB, take a backup of files. When the code runs it�s begin backup of several OS files via Comman prompt. But after the completion of backup we can't know when its end or is i successful or not. I wanted that when this activity completes, a message box appear o EXCEL, which informs that the task is completed and its statu (successful or unsuccessful). What extra piece of code I add in the following code in order t accomplish the desired result? Could some please inform...

Error Message when sending mail merge
I keep getting this error message when attempting to send a mail merge e-mail from one of my campaigns. "You do not have enough privileges to access the Microsoft CRM object or perform the requuested operation. For more information, contact your system administrator. Do you want to send the e-mail? If you clik Yes, the e-mail will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in Microsoft CRM." I defintley want this activy to be recorded, any ideas? This is really strange. I have three contact inmy marketing list, I get this message only for the first two and ...

Outlook XP: no clear notification of filtered new messages
I have rules that move incoming messages from the inbox to other folders. Under Outlook 2000, those folders would get opened up so that the bold folder name (with the new message) could be seen. With XP, even that small indication of filtered new mail is gone. Eudora had the right idea years ago - bold the name of all parent folders of subfolders with new messages. Can I make Outlook do anything at all about this? I found messages a week old because I was unaware of this (mis)behavior. How about some clever VBA to either bold the parent folder names, or at least open the parent folders so th...

Copy Worksheet Error Message
Have a problem... I have a personal excel spreadsheet that I maintain some personal finances in. Every month for several years I have copied the previous months activity (worksheet) to the end of my file to track the present months activity using the _M_ove or Copy Sheet... function under the _E_dit drop down using Microsoft Excel 97. All of a sudden I am getting an error that says this: A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name 'HTML_Control', which already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want this version of the name? - To use the name as defined ...

Error message when shutting down 2003
When i shut down Money 2003, i get the following error message: "This operation can't be performed". However, this happens if i try to backup or NOT upon exit. It also happens as soon as i print a Money report---the report will print, but Money automatically shuts down. Now, I'm also finding that i can't sync w/my iPaq 5555. I'm getting an error message on my iPaq that says it can't find my "MyMoney.mny" file; BUT the file IS where it reports it IS!! I've already uninstalled & REinstalled, and it automatically p/u my backup file. ...

Help: Messages Disappear from Inbox Current View is set to Message
Hi: We are using Outlook 2002 SP2 and XP Pro SP1. Messages are disappearing from my inbox. I checked google and MS knowledge base. The current view for my inbox is set to message and not unread messages. The only other twist is that I have two accounts one is a pop3 and the other is imap. These accounts have two separate inboxes in their own folders. Any suggestions, TIA, Mariela I would double check your rules to make sure people are not being added to your junk senders list by accident. Dave >-----Original Message----- >Hi: > >We are using Outlook 2002 SP2 and XP ...

Exchange not receiving external messages
I'm running Exchange Server 5.5 on an NT 4 box. We seem to have stopped receiving internet email since Friday. I've stopped and started the services, rebooted the machine and checked the Event Log but nothing changes. Any suggestions? "Meera Dietzel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm running Exchange Server 5.5 on an NT 4 box. We seem >to have stopped receiving internet email since Friday. >I've stopped and started the services, rebooted the >machine and checked the Event Log but nothing changes. > >Any suggestions?...

Message Tracking #12
Is there anywhere to set up logging or is being logged by exchange that if someone sends a message then deletes the message from sent items? Are sent items logged anywhere or is there even that kinda of tracking/logging available? Exchange has message tracking logging functionality. What version of Exchange are you running? 200x, then go to the properties of your server in Exchange System Manager and you will see the Message Tracking sections. I'd recommend to enable Subject logging as well. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Carey" <Carey@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook error message Can't get messages
When I loaded my Office XP I ran out of space on my C drive I had to abort the load and make space. on my second attempt it worked but Outlook will not send or receive messages I get the following error. "The operation failed. An object could not be found" Is their a error log that I can look at or a way I can fix this? Thanks ...

sent messages are not saved in the sent items folder
Hi! With no special reson, and with everything configured the way it should be my outlook 2002 just stopped saving the sent messages in my sent items folder any idea? Thanks in advance, Nir. There is a setting for that. You might want to check it just to be sure. Under Tools, Options, Preferences, Email Options, there is a box that says "Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder". Is that checked? >-----Original Message----- >Hi! >With no special reson, and with everything configured the way it should be >my outlook 2002 just stopped saving the sent messages...