where's the "encoding" button for changing the language?

where's the "encoding" button for changing the language? i dont know how to
do in this microsoft office outlook 2003. i want read some mail in chinese .
0
MM (12)

Encoding #3
on my PC i cannot read chinese text email in MS Outlook 2003 even encoding it. but if view the email on my laptop, i can read the chinese text message after encoding. both machines installed with Windows XP SP2 & MS Outlook 2003. What could be the cause? ...

Mail Attachment Encoding Base64 vs. 7 bit
We have an application that uses CDO to email large quantities of data as email attachments. We are migrating to a .Net application that does the same using the System.Web.Mail (SMTP) functionality (as you may have heard, CDO is not supported by .Net) This migration has been impacting our customers. Evidently, every attachment sent by the CDO (MAPI) application is Base64 encoded. The ..Net application, however, emails the attachments encoded either as plain text (7 bit) or Base64, based on the data type. Is there some Exchange server setting that will force the SMTP email message attachments ...

Problem with encoding
Currently , i am trying to send an email that contain chinese to some of my friends which works perfectly fine before i download and latest version of the S/MIME Control. Now. my friends said they could not read the chinese i typed in. please can someone help me to solve this problem. PS. i am using Microsoft Outlook and they are using yahoo emails ...

DIME breaks some encoding
I have a web service written in ASP.NET using the .NET frame v1.1.4322 and Web Service Enhancements 1.0 SP1. This web service has 2 nearly identical methods. That is, the SOAP XML is the same from one method to the next, the only difference being that one accepts the transfer of an attachment using DIME and the other does not. When the non-DIME version of the method is invoked everything works properly. When the DIME version is invoked, the transaction succeeds and the attachment is transferred with no problems, but some characters (such as characters with accents) are replaced in ...

TextWriter encoding
Hello, I'm trying to change the encoding for a textwriter: TextWriter w = new StringWriter(); XmlTextWriter xmlWriter = new XmlTextWriter(w); w.Encoding = System.Text.Encoding.Unicode; But I'm getting an error Property or indexer 'System.IO.TextWriter.Encoding' cannot be assigned to -- it is read only How do I change this? Thanks On Dec 18, 12:34=A0pm, coder316 <coder...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > I'm trying to change the encoding for a textwriter: > TextWriter w =3D new StringWriter(); > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 XmlTe...

Web service
Hello NG, I use a .Net Web Service built in C#, the return is a XmlDocument. My Problem: The encoding-attribute in the header-declaration is always UTF-8, but I need it in ISO-8859-1. I've updated my web.config & machine.config Globalization requestEncoding and requestResponse settings but it didn't take any effect. How can I get the desired result? It seems that I'm not the only one with this problem, regarding to earlier postings with this topic, but I couldn't get any solution yet. Who can help? Thanx in advance Peter Peter Hase wrote: > Hello NG, > >...

Outlook Subject Encoding
Hello All: I recieved an email from a client in China, the subject line is all gibberish but the body of the email has legible Chinese text. I am using Outlook 2007, how can I decipher the subject line? I have already installed Chinese language pack for Windows XP. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Cheers. ...

Choosing a file encoding in VBA
Hello, I have to work with the Mac version of Excel (v.X, equivalent to Excel 2000). In a macro, I want to save a string as a file (with the open path fo output as #1 .... close #1 instructions), but I remarked that the file encoding was Mac OS Roman. Does anyone know how I can save the file with the Windows-1252 or UTF-8 file encoding? Thanks, Renaud -- Renaud do you have a file, save as, file type txt (MS-DOS) *.txt -- --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: ...

Mail Encoding
Hi! Don't know exactly if this is the right newsgroup but i think so. I've got the following problem. Mails send by Korean websites to my exchange organisation are wrong encoded. My first idea was to check the Default Internet Message Format settings in the Global Section of the system manager. Both character sets entres (MIME and Non MIME) are set to Western European (ISO-8859-1). I think, i've to change this to Unicode (UTF-8) and it will work for all countries. Can someone say to me if i'm on the right way? Thanks in advanced. Best Regards Markus Falkowskí ...

can't read emails without changing encoding each time
I just upgraded from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003 (actually all of Office 2003 and I installed all the patches for it). Now when I open new messages that are sent to me, most of them are blank, until in each individual message I go to View -> Encoding -> and change it to Unicode or Western European (Windows). I never had encoding problems before. I can find settings to change the default OUTGOING encoding, but nothing dealing with the default INCOMING message encoding. Any tips? Why is this happening? I'm running this on Windows XP. Karen Chapel Hill North Carolina What encoding ...

Microsoft PO3 Accounts & Unicode Encoding
We've been hearing a lot of buzz in these groups about Microsoft's opening up POP3 accounts for folks in various Nations -- and there seems to be some excitement about it. What are the advantages and disadvantages of a POP3 account? Secondly, what are the advantages and disadvantages of sending a message in Unicode [UTF-7 and UTF-8] Encoding? Can it only be done from a POP3 account -- or is that not a consideration? -- DSH Lux et Veritas et Libertas Vires et Honor The advantage of using a POP3 access is that you can use any mail client that supports POP3, which is just about a...

error getting the encoding name from an XmlTextReader
XmlTextReader myXmlReader = new XmlTextReader(args[0]); string en = myXmlReader.Encoding.EncodingName; //Console.WriteLine(x); Error: Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. HOW CAN I GET THE ENCODING NAME ? Basically determine the encoding type. Also How can I "set" an application wide Encoding ? I want all modules and everything to stick to and conform to UTF- 8. But somehow some methods automatically go to UTF-16 xmlguy wrote: > XmlTextReader myXmlReader = new XmlTextReader(args[0]); > string en = my...

Testing encoding
This is Czech encoding test - please delete +��������= ��������� -- Technicka Podpora Diskusnich Skupin Microsoft Ceska Republika a Slovensko http://support.microsoft.com http://www.microsoft.com/cze ...

Encoding question
What encoding must I use in my XML file to show the french character set correctly in the browser? I'm extracing data from a SQl server 2000 table and placing it in XML files using the dataset.writeXML command. That part of it works fine, but when the data in te XML file contains french characters (����� etc..) the output is weird. Secondly I want to put some captions in the XSL style sheet that controls the output and there also these characters are not recognized and give an error. What do you have to do to put foreign characters in captions contained in the style sheet. Thanks for yo...

Encodings
Does anyone know what the encoding used in Office documents is? I need to open a Word doc, do a quick search and replace for anything that looks like [[Today]] to today's date and write the file back out. Im just badly uhung up on encodings at this point. Thanks, Ike Although I do not know the actual encoding of Word documents, you could use COM to access the document and do what you're desiring. Saul775 "Ike" wrote: > Does anyone know what the encoding used in Office documents is? I need to > open a Word doc, do a quick search and replace for anything that ...

encoding (UTF-8 -> UTF16 -> ANSI)
Allow me to explain my problem. I have UTF-8 encoded XML (data island) inside HTML page: <html> <xml id="testxml"> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Root>Some special characters here...</Root> </xml> .... </html> I use UTF-8 encoding because I have some special characters in my XML. I take this XML using JScript: var dom = testxml.XMLDocument; I belive here "UTF8 to UTF16" conversion was performed? Then I pass this XML to the COM object: var app = new ActiveXObject("MyApp"); app.load(dom....

Change encoding from UTF-8 to ISO-8859-1
Hi, I have a .Net Web Service and the encoding of the SOAP Messages is always UTF-8, and I need to change the web service so that it encodes with ISO-8859-1 because it’s the only encoding my web services client supports. I've updated my web.config & machine.config Globalization requestEncoding and requestResponse settings to reflect this but whenever I test this Through the default asmx page the XML header always includes the UTF-8 property, similarly when we test it using one of the web service clients it also returns UTF-8 encoded SOAP Messages. Is there anybody out there t...

who controls the encoding when transforming xml?
I do a transform of an xml document into another xml using XslTransform. In my xsl file, I specify using <xsl:output encoding="utf-8"/>. However, when my transform is done, the resulting xml is in utf-16. What gives? Anyone? Your Xml doc is probably UTF-16 encoded. You might want to check what encoding the Xml doc was saved with. Maybe even try saving it as UTF-8 - in notepad say. Any joy? Steven Founder, http://venturetogether.com "Jiho Han" <jiho.han@infinityinfo.com> wrote in message news:#aSeTVP7DHA.2432@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I do a transform ...

EncoderFallbackException when writing characters not available in the specified encoding with XMLWriter to a Stream
I've stumbled upon unexpected behavior of the .NET 2.0 System.Xml.XmlWriter class when using it to write data to a binary stream (System.IO.Stream). If the amount of data is less than a certain value (which varies depending on the data being written), characters not available in the encoding specified in the Encoding property of the XmlWritterSettings instance used to create the XmlWriter are being written to the resulting XML document as character entities, which, despite not being able to provide an exact link to a specific part of the documentation, I would call the expected behavior. F...

Control characters encoding, e.g. ASCII 1
Hi there, Is there a requirement in the XML specs to encode special characters like ASCII code 1 (SOH) ? I wrote a simple ASMX web service, and it converts this character into &#x1; However, I'm consuming one of my client's service written in Java and it doesn't do the encoding. If I try to consume it using WCF, I get an error "Can't deserialize message" I've looked through the XML specs but couldn't find anything related. Could someone please point me to the right part of the guide? Thanks. Just wanted to mention that I'm talking a...

Excel 2003 and Content-Encoding:gzip
Hi, I have been using IE to download an excel file which is served by an servlet with Content-Encoding:gzip and it has been unpacked and served to Excel 2000 just fine. Now with Excel 2003 it seems as IE is passing the link directly to Excel 2003 and it doesn't understand the zipped content. Any ideas/teories on this? Thanks in advance, Nik ...

Prompted to convert the file's text encoding...
When I try to open any excel file from my second computer (Office 2003) it prompts me to convert the file because it can't recognize the text encoding. The file preview is all junk characters and no other encoding makes it readable. I can open these files fine on my laptop, which is also running Office 2003. Any insight would be appreciated! ...

Outlook 2007 and UTF-8 encoding problems
Hi all! Outlook 2007 seems to not work with plain text letters in UTF-8 encoding. How to reproduce: 1. Create a new e-mail using UTF-8 encoding in plain text format 2. Type in main body (not subject!) some NON-ASCII letters (for example cyrillic symbols) 3. Fill "To" field (use your own e-mail address) 4. Send&Receive 5. Open message. It is unreadable until you switch message encoding to any other and back to UTF-8. I can't duplicate the problem here. I turned off auto-encoding, then = created a message in plain text format, typed some cyrillic text into it = (I have t...

Encoding #2
i have encountered a problem. all users using MS Outlook 2003 sp2 (operating system is Windows XP SP2). With the same email message (with chinese text), some machine can encode the text to readable chinese text but some cannot. ...

How to change item encoding with macro?
With russian outlook 2003 it has been possible to change item encoding individually, by opening each item and select it's appropriate menu. With russian outlook 2007 this is not working (as it seems). I want to automate it: convert several items in batch? Is it possible? TIA. ...