Where is the Delete Messages options? - 151311

I've looked and looked without success. I'm pretty sure I saw it before.
Its where it asks you if you want to save a copy of messages on the server
and then should give an option for it to be deleted from the server when
you delete it from your Deleted folder in Outlook.  That seems like a good
way of syncing things.
0
Gary

Gary Gary wrote:

> I've looked and looked without success. I'm pretty sure I saw it before.
> Its where it asks you if you want to save a copy of messages on the server
> and then should give an option for it to be deleted from the server when
> you delete it from your Deleted folder in Outlook.  That seems like a good
> way of syncing things.

See replies to your SAME post submitted all of 20 minutes before.
0
VanguardLH

Corrupted Inbox Message
I have a message in my inbox that is unable to be deleted. It is causing an error in my nightly tape backup that is causing the backup job as having failed when in reality only this message was not backed up. My computer is connected to an SBS 2000 server and the mail is stored in my inbox. How do I get rid of this message? I have already run ISINTEG and ESEUTIL on the information store and the "priv1.edb" - the database integrity is OK. Thank you, Kelly Holland have you tried to do a shift delete? if that doesn't work, try using exmerge to archive the message out ...

deleting multiple rows
Hello: I need to be able to delete multiple rows out of a worksheet. What I need to be able to do is have a function/macro that can identify a string of characters and then delete all the rows that have those characters. For example, if row 4, 18, and 45 all had "blue" in them (assume column is A), then I need something to go delete row, 4, 18, and 45. At the top of my worksheet I will have several, probably about 3, criteria, such as, "blue", "red", and "green" that will all need to be deleted. Now here's where I really need help. A row may ...

Can Turfed messages be delivered?
Running Exch 5.5SP4. Set up message filtering to stop some unwanted emails. But this also caught some legimate messages. Is there a way to cause or allow those selected emails to be delivered? Can this be done manually? If so, how? Thanks! ...

Outlook marking pop3 messages as read
I have a user here who is using Exchange as his primary account and has an additional pop3 account configured. His primary Exchange account works as normal however; his pop account marks all his messages read as soon as they come in. Preview pane is turned off so its not that. Any ideas as to why this is happening? Thanks in advance. Andy Andy D <Dont@spamme.com> wrote: > I have a user here who is using Exchange as his primary account and > has an additional pop3 account configured. > His primary Exchange account works as normal however; his pop account > marks all h...

I Can't Open pdf Attachments in Email Messages
When I double-click on a pdf document that someone has sent me and then tell it to Open it, Outlook replies with "The System cannot find the file specified". My only solution has been to Save the pdf to a file. Then I can open it by double clicking on it. It's a step I'd rather not have to make. Other people in my organization can open pdf's directly in Outlook. I know there's a way to associate pdf's with Acrobat, but I can't find anything like that in Outlook. If you can double click a PDF file and get it to open Acrobat, the file association in ...

"Customize Outlook Today" doesn't bring up options
I'm trying to open the "Customize Outlook Today" options from the Outlook Today page using Outlook 2000 SP3 so that I can set Outlook Today as the start page. This works perfectly on one of my machines, but the other will not display the options when I click the button. I've gone so far as to re-install Outlook but have had no success. Does anyone know what might be happening or is there another way I can set the Outlook Today page as my start page? Thanks in advance, Ken One of Microsoft's patches disabled this feature. Search in knowledge base for workarou...

Error message Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close
I am unable to open Outlook - get the error message above EACH time I try to launch it. I am running Windows XP, have Norton installed, checked the firewall allows Outlook. I have uninstalled, reinstalled Outlook and downloaded and installed the service pack update. I followed some suggestions on this discussion site as suggested by Nikkin in the response to: "John Frustrated" <fortlaud@mail.com> Sent: 5/1/2004 8:36:21 AM. but nothing works. Can anyone help? What suggestions have you tried? I don't recall the message you are referring to. Rename outcmd.dat an...

winsock error message
I have recently installed a mail server (ArGoSoft) on my computer. When I send an email on the mail server, Outlook indicates that it has been sent, but the log on the server indicates that there is a "Winsock error when communicating with exchanger." Everything else checks out. I don't think it is a DNS problem, but I'm stumped. Any suggestions? Thanks! Richard ...

Undeliverable messages #3
Hello all, I am getting lots of these undeliverable messages even to emails within my own domain. Any idea why or who to diagnose? please advise. Undeliverable: Contract System Administrator Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Contract Sent: 12/30/2006 8:19 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'nospam@nospam.com' on 12/30/2006 8:19 AM 554 <'nospam@nospam.com>: Recipient address rejected: Access denied ''nospam@nospam.com2 on 12/30/2006 8:19 AM 554 <...

Outlook won't allow me to delete message
I tried to forward an email message and it did not work. The message sat in the Outbox after the rest of the messages where sent. I then clicked on the message and 'forwarded' it. That message was sent. When I then tried to delete the original message in the 'Outbox' folder, it will not allow it and gives me the following message: 'This message interface has produced an unknown error. If the problem persits, restart Outlook. When I restarted Outlook (three times) the message still appears when I try to delete it. Everything else works fine and I can continu...

Can not send message nor send an attachment from the web
This is what I get when I try to send a message and an attachment from the web. Can you please help me out. The host 'smtp' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject ' Check out this article Half a Million Plastic Coffins?', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'smtp', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D "adrian" <atheop@att.net> wrote in message news:ecvAdUTaKHA.4920@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > This is what I get when I try to send a...

Cannot Delete a rule in the Rules Wizard
I am running Outlook 2002. I am trying to delete a rule in the rules wizard (I no longer want certain email to be sent to a special folder). In the 'Apply rules in the following order' box, I click the rule to delete. I then click delete (as directed by the Outlook help files). When I try to click OK, it gives the following message: 'A value in the Rule Description box has not been set..to set a value, click underlined words at the bottom of the Rules Wizard'. Can anyone offer some suggestions? Thanks, Howard ...

Forwarding incoming messages to an external email account
My company has recently undergone a split. There are 4 individuals that have left and will be receiving email under another domain name. I need to set their email accounts to automatically forward any received emails to their other address. As I can only forward to someone in the active directory how can I accomplish this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. eli silverman wrote: > My company has recently undergone a split. There are 4 individuals > that have left and will be receiving email under another domain name. > I need to set their email accounts to automatically forwa...

Can't Send Messages Using Outlook Web Access & XP
Our users with Windows XP cannot send messages using OWA. I've read a few KB articles about some incompatabilities between XP and OWA, but none of the proposed fixes (using the "basic" rather than "premium" client, or changing the security settings in IE) seem to solve this last problem. When they click on "send", it generates an unspecified "error on page". The problem occurs using IE and Firefox, but just on XP machines. My Windows 2000 machine works fine using IE and even my Macintosh using Safari (gasp!) works. ...

Outlook Express deletes attachments #2
My parents tried to open an attachment and it states that OEM has deleted the attachments and puts a lock symbol in front of the e-mail. How can this be fixed and how can I unlock the e-mail after it is fixed. ...

Resizing Option Button?
Hello Friends, I have asked a Question in mrexcel.com. But, the reply was it is not possible. Please check the below link and tell me is doable. http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewt...7747&highlight= Thanks, Nawaf -- countryfan_nt ------------------------------------------------------------------------ countryfan_nt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11051 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=482535 No you can't, at least not the actual button part. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if ...

Deleting Linked Source(s)
In Excel 2000, how do you delete a link Source(s)? I know you can 'clear contents' in each destination cell to achieve this, but is there a simpler way. Can be difficult to determine which cells are in fact destination cells. Thanks, Jim This may help you http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;214127 >-----Original Message----- >In Excel 2000, how do you delete a link Source(s)? I know >you can 'clear contents' in each destination cell to >achieve this, but is there a simpler way. Can be difficult >to determine which cells are in fac...

Threaded message view?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00DB_01C3970B.56F977D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable First off, sorry if this is in a FAQ somewhere. I'm using Outlook 2003 and for the life of me can't find a way to get a = threaded message view similar to how Outlook Express shows messages in = newsgroups. I've experimented with group by/sort by filters, and the = best I can come up with is a view that has messages in threads, but = sorted the wrong way. Is there a way I can get message th...

Unblocking messages in IMF
A couple of quick questions for you IMF gurus. My IMF is working great. I'm probably stopping about 99.99% of SPAM coming in. However there is a very small percent (maybe about 5 daily) of legitimate emails getting blocked. My 1st question. When using the IMF Companion Tool there is an option to "Unblock and deliver selected message(s)". However when I highlight the desired email and choose this option is doesn't appear to be delivering this email. Which leads me to another question. When I do make this selection does it tag the email with an SCL rating and allow it to...

automatically sending messages at set times??
Wondering if there's a way with Outlook to send a default message at a specified time?? ie: a message for my ex to repay me her debts on a weekly basis :P "Adam Membrey" <membreya@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O$2Z4y0zEHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Wondering if there's a way with Outlook to send a default message at a > specified time?? > > ie: a message for my ex to repay me her debts on a weekly basis :P Sure if you are willing to write code but chances are it would be easier to do from the command line with one of the email utilities like ...

Keeping Custom Properties When Forwarding or Replying to a Message #2
We have emails saved on the file system, that is kept track of by another program. These emails have custom properties attached to them. There is no custom form, just custom properties. These fields were originally added using objPost.UserProperties.Add. We need it so that when someone opens up one of these emails through the file system, and then replies or fowards the message, these custom properties are kept in the reply. This is so the external program can track these emails. Is there a way this can be done? We could have these emails opened up using an Outlook command line that i...

can't delete inbox on Outlook 6
I need help in deleting 368 messages in the in basket on my boss' computer. Trying all the obvious methods of deleting, the program does not react to anything. (delete key on keyboard, command on menu, etc.) I know there must be a way to remove these messages (one is increidbly long and perhaps the villian...been in the inbox since early October!). Since this is my boss' computer, is there anyone that can make me look like a hero? thanks, debe Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a q...

Trying to move messages to folders
When I try to move certain email messages to other folders (manually), suddenly I get this message: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." Even with the restarts, I still get the error messages. I looked up the error message in the database, but it seems to be listed only in cases where you're forwarding mail, not moving it. I also checked for updates to Outook 2002, but the scan said I was up-to-date. This all happened, by the way, after I installed Service Pack 2. Can anyone help? Thanks so much! ...

delete ghost spaces
Got this code.... Doesnt always work for some reason. Any alternate way to put this? (Or is something wrong with it?) Sub eat_spaces() Dim c As Range Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual For Each c In Range("G2:T1500") c = Replace(c, " ", "") Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic End Sub I'm going to guess some of your spaces are non-breaking spaces (usually acquired from webpage text), so try using this line of code i...

keeping messages in inbox
I've been using Outlook for about a month to pull in my emails from a different mail services I have - AOL and SBC/Yahoo. The problem I'm having is that while my messages are coming in from AOL correctly (or they seem to be), Outlook only retains them for a week or so then they disappear. It does not happen with the SBC mail (which is the first/default mail account). I've looked everywhere for something to adjust the length of time messages stay in the Inbox folder for the AOL messages, but no success. Anyone with ideas that might help would be greatly appreciated, be...