Where is the command line to clean reminders? Outlook 2002

>On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 20:47:30 -0400,  wrote:
>
>>Lady Veteran <armyvet@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have Outlook 2002 and I have a reminder that keeps popping up as 12
>>> weeks over due. I deleted the contact it was related to, but I cannot
>>> get rid of the reminder. When I  dismiss it, I get an error saying
>>> that I canno dismiss it and that I may be reminded again.
>>>
>>> Any ideas on how I can get rid of it?
>>
>>Try starting Outlook once with the /cleanreminders command line switch.
>
>could you explain how and where to insert this? I don't know where to put the command line.

Thanks

>LV
0
armyvet1 (34)

With Outlook closed open the Start, Run dialog. In that dialog type the
following and make sure the space is there before the switch:

outlook.exe /cleanreminders

Then press Enter.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Lady Veteran" <armyvet@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

>>>Try starting Outlook once with the /cleanreminders command line switch.
>>
>>could you explain how and where to insert this? I don't know where to put
>>the command line.
>
> Thanks
>

>>LV

0
kenslovak (742)
6/14/2006 8:32:56 PM
On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:32:56 -0400,  wrote:

>With Outlook closed open the Start, Run dialog. In that dialog type the
>following and make sure the space is there before the switch:
>
>outlook.exe /cleanreminders
>
>Then press Enter.

Done! Thanks!!

LV

0
armyvet1 (34)

Limitation of Outlook Pesonal Folder
Hi Guys, Can you give me a reference where I can find information about limitation of personal Folder of MS Outlook? If its possible that the information was stated the maximum size (GB?) Thanks, Mark Here is a link to an article that talks about the Personal Folder file size limitation for Oultook 97-2002, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;296088. Outlook 2003 has a much larger limitation and here is a link to an article that discusses its limitations, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;830336. I hope this information is helpful. Robe...

Exchange 2003 ESM and Outlook 2003 coexistance on the same client
Is there any convenient way to have Exchange 2003 ESM and Outlook 2003 coexist on the same client. I would like to install ESM on my customer service tech's machines but, as you may know, Exchange and outlook use the same mapi32.dll file. I have found a registry hack that will keep Exchange's mapping the the dll and not let Outlook mapi32.dll checking function overwrite it but it seems to break down every so ofter. For some reason it will be working fine for months, then ESM stops working and I need to reinstall again (possible due to Outlook security updates). Have any of you ...

Outlook 2000 CPU hog
Hope one of the gurus can help me out here. Today all of the sudden I open Outlook and notice that my CPU usage is constantly pegged at 100% and stays there until I close Outlook. Is there a fix for this? TIA. Outlook 2000 SP-3 Windows XP SP2 1.6G Pentium 4 1.5G mem -- marx404 _________________ Oh, I should have checked with Slipstick first. I assume that this is the solution? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=1E252CCF-452A-4313-A402-B50C4405580A&displaylang=en -- marx404 _________________ "marx404" <404@404.com> wrote in message news:...

Getting a script error in Outlook 2003 after uninstalling CRM 1.2
I uninstalled the Outlook CRM client from my computer and now whenever I try and complete a task in Outlook the script debugger opens and then gives me an error saying ActiveX could not open object, crmaddin.UIutil Line No2. Any ideas. I do not see any CRM addin in the adin manager Bryan ...

Outlook Web Access attachment problem
We have a program that will generate a .snp file and then email it to whatever recipient it needs to go to. If they receive the email in Outlook it will allow them to open the file properly with the Snapshot viewer. However, if they go to the same email in OWA and try to save the attachment, it attempts to save it as an .mdb file. Why would OWA ignore the original extension and try to give it a different one? "Joe Giddings" <j_nospam_giddings@thehammocksource.com> wrote in news:jI9gd.11726$ta5.6952@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net: > We have a program that will genera...

Outlook contacts #16
When I am creating a new email and I click on the "to" box - a list of my contacts pops up. Many of the contacts are duplicated - the reason being that one is for an e-mail address and the other is a fax number. If I try to find out which one I have, by going to "properties" it opens the contact's file giving me all of their info. How can I get only the e-mails for my contacts in this list? And what if the contact has more than one email address? Thanks in advance... Geoffrey Ungar <dejugs@hotmail.com> wrote: > When I am creating a new email and I click...

Unattend configure Send/Receive Group / PRF file -Outlook XP
Hi, Have to rollout 4000 laptops with Offline Storage enabled. I want to automatically configure outlook to: - use OST file - Synchronize when logging on and off - Download and sync. the general address book I have made a PRF file (using CIW) that creates OST file...so far so good... But I can't unattend set the option to sync when logging on and off. It seems this setting is stored in an SRS file in the users profile!! Second item, default the first address book in the list is synchronised. Is there a way to auto configure Outlook XP to sync OST fiel when logging on and off, (ins...

outlook 2003 inbox format
How can I eliminate the "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Week", etc? I much prefer the look of Outlook 2000. Thank you View > Arrange By > Show in groups "Trng Administrator" <Trng Administrator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49639DAB-7738-4951-B6AC-6A35AD2862FD@microsoft.com... > How can I eliminate the "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Week", etc? I much > prefer the look of Outlook 2000. > > Thank you neo [mvp outlook] wrote: > View > Arrange By > Show in groups That...

Line Graph with two different data points
Hello, I am trying to create a line chart with numbers from my product Vs a competitor. The problem i am having is how can i make a chart that will have four data points comparing to each other? For example Product A- 1.5 1.2 1.6 1.8 Product B- 2.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Product A- 70% 20 % 30% 67% Product B- 65% 30% 65% 55% How do i get all of these numbers on one chart? Is a line chart correct. I want to see these numbers compared?? Thank you so much Hi, Since the number don't appear related to the percentages you might plot them on the same chart but two different axes. If they were relate...

Can Line Chart Overlaps be Highlighted?
Can the overlap portion(s) of two lines in a chart be shown in a different color, without having to manually draw a shape? I would like to show the areas where Line A is above Line B as red, and the areas where it crosses below in blue - is it possible to do this without manually drawing in shapes? Hi, To some extent it depends how many times the lines cross. If it's just the once then you can use area charts to provide the shading. http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=590 This may help if the used one line as a base line...

Outlook Still Running
I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make sure this does not happen? Thanks for your help -- Neil Remove ABCD from Email address to reply <neil154ABCD@earthlink.net> wrote: > I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit > out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still > running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make > sure this does not happ...

Removal of Outlook 2000 from XP home Help
I am attempting to remove an unauthorized version of Office 2K from a Win XP home computer. The Removal went fairly normal except that now when accessing any E-Mail client, the Windows installer is attemtping to install something from the Win 2K premium disk. Is there a Registery entry causing this problem? Is there a way to stop this from happening? do you know what it's installing and does it fix it if you give it the disk? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: ht...

Can't send e-mails from Outlook 2003 after SP1
After installing service pack SP1 for Office 2003, I can't send e-mails anymore. They are stuck in the outbox folder. The error message states that the connection to the server was interrupted. I did not change any settings and checking them confirms that everything is as it should be. Did anyone else experience the same issue and how did you resolve it? Thanks for your help Matthias See if you can manually move those messages from your Outbox and then check all your settings again. "Mattliusa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cb7401c48a5...

Contact list not recognized as an address book in outlook email
I installed Outlook 2007 on my computer and imported my addresses from my other computer's Outlook file with excel. The contact list shows all the addresses but I can not access the contact list when I try to send an email. The address book drop down menu does not show anything. I tried to do the "properties" on the contact file, selected the tab "Outlook Address Book" and I am not allowed to check the box to "Show this folder as an address book". I am hoping someone can help me get this resolved. Thank you in advance If you have Contacts in...

Outlook 2002 and IMAP
Outlook Express automatically places the sent message into the IMAP folder on the remote server. This is OK. Outlook 2002 does not seem to do that and instead posts it into the Sent Items in the local personal folders. Not good when one is out of the office and the Pocket PC cannot access "sent" mail on the IMAP server. Any clues ? There does not seem an easy way to specify the default folder for storing sent mail when IMAP is used. LH In message <<042101c3a3e7$e5eea120$a401280a@phx.gbl>> "Louis Hissink" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> did ...

run Microsoft Publisher 2002 macro in command line
This might look simple but I cannot figure it out. How can you run a Microsoft Publisher 2002 macro in command line? (like in Word, you can do winword file.doc /mNAMEOFTHEMACRO ) In a command line I am not sure. Try posting at microsoft.public.publisher.programming Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org >-----Original Message----- >This might look simple but I cannot figure it out. > >How can you run a Microsoft Publisher 2002 macro in command line? >(like in Word, you can do winword file.doc /mNAMEOFTHEMACRO ) >. > ...

Outlook 2003 #217
When my hard disk (W2K) crashed I had saved my .pst file on another partition. When I re-installed Outlook 2003, applied the SP1a patch, and setup me email, etc. I know have 3 choices of contracts to choose from, from the dropdown box. The first 2 give an error, when I type in a name to send an email to, where as the 3rd choice (and they are all named contacts), allows me to see my list of contact email addresses. How can I correct this? I would like to clean this up by just having one Contact choice, whereas the list of my contacts would appear when I choose send mail to option. ...

Outlook #175
At one time I could send mail "on behalf of..." However, now I can't remember how to do that. Nvermind - I figured it out. >-----Original Message----- >At one time I could send mail "on behalf of..." However, >now I can't remember how to do that. >. > ...

Adding a Bank to Money 2002's database
Can I add an online bank to Money 2002's database or must it be added by Microsoft?? In microsoft.public.money, Rob wrote: >Can I add an online bank to Money 2002's database or must >it be added by Microsoft?? That must be done by Microsoft working together with your bank. However you can use any bank you choose for your own file. Just select the (Not Listed) choice when you create the account. Then in the Account Details, enter the address, web site URL, etc. ...

Outlook Express blocking some attachments
My boss is sending me perfectly safe attachments, usually graphics, and Express blocks them so I can't open while letting through other attachments in the same email. What can I do to fix this? Thanks! Tools->Options->Security. I have lost count, but this must be close the 100,000th repeat of the same question. Next time, try google. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find so...

time line in chart
Hi How do I put a vertical line in a chart in excel at a given point? i.e. timeline Thanks Jon I know this is too elementary, but go from here: You have a scatter chart from A1:B6 (X A1:A6; Y B1:B6) 10 3 11 4 12 5 13 6 14 7 15 8 A 2nd source series is A8:B9 (X A8:A9; Y B8:B9) 13 0 13 6 giving you the a vertical line at X=13. "jon" <jon@nospam.com> wrote: >Hi >How do I put a vertical line in a chart in excel at a given point? i.e. >timeline >Thanks >Jon ----== Posted via Pronews.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.prone...

language issues with Oulook 2002

Outlook Express address bk. from Mac to Outlook PC ?? Help
I am trying to export the address bk from my Outlook Express (Mac OS 9.2) to a form that my Outlook PC (Windows XP) can read and use. Any thoughts on what procedure to follow. When I export from the Mac it just saves it as a "Simple text" file - no much good for what I want to do. Any thoughts??? ...

Outlook Resolution
Bet you can't fix this. When I open Outlook the resolution changes to 480x680 from 1024x728 when I exit it returns to normal resolution: What I have tried so far: Made sure under compatibility mode 480x680 was not selected Outlook repair - complete. Uninstall/re-install rebuild outlook profile remove registry entries What I can do: open outlook normally on a different user account without the resolution changes to my screen. I do not want to re-build a new profile for this end user. This problem is driving me nuts... -- --jack You're probably right that we can't fix it,...

Outlook 2003 #208
While in Outlook 2003, I would like my auto select use my contact list as a default address book. My goal is to use the auto complete (auto suggest) when typing in address's etc. I have the auto select checked in the preferences although nothing comes up or auto fills the name and email etc. Thanks. TEC <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > While in Outlook 2003, I would like my auto select use my > contact list as a default address book. My goal is to use > the auto complete (auto suggest) when typing in > address's etc. I have the auto select c...