Where Does Outlook Store Info? Computer Problems

Recently the power supply, motherboard, & CPU on my computer died. So I had a new motherboard, power supply, CPU and hard drive installed. The new hard drive is larger and faster than the old one. This required that Windows XP, Microsoft Office, etc, had to be installed. But before any of that was done, the technician took everything off the old hard drive and saved it into a file on the new one. All of the old data files, etc, are supposed to be there. My question, though, is how to find the address book and the saved emails that were on the old computer & put them into Outlook on the new computer? I know very little about computers, except how to turn it on and off, and how to check emails, surf the web, and how to use Word. So any help you might give will need to be in very simple step-by-step directions.

Thanks

Osrmsc
0
crrunion (1)

Hi Osrmsc,

maybe this site could help:
http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.asp

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder

"Randall runion" <crrunion@bellsouth.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Recently the power supply, motherboard, & CPU on my computer died. So I
> had a new motherboard, power supply, CPU and hard drive installed. The new
> hard drive is larger and faster than the old one. This required that
> Windows XP, Microsoft Office, etc, had to be installed. But before any of
> that was done, the technician took everything off the old hard drive and
> saved it into a file on the new one. All of the old data files, etc, are
> supposed to be there. My question, though, is how to find the address book
> and the saved emails that were on the old computer & put them into Outlook
> on the new computer? I know very little about computers, except how to
> turn it on and off, and how to check emails, surf the web, and how to use
> Word. So any help you might give will need to be in very simple
> step-by-step directions.
>
> Thanks
>
> Osrmsc

0